Sci-Fi Powers (2015)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Powers

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2015-03-10

Creator: Brian Michael Bendis, Charlie Huston

Cast: Sharlto Copley, Susan Heyward, Noah Taylor, Eddie Izzard, Michelle Forbes, Olesya Rulin, Logan Browning

Overview: Two homicide detectives, Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim, are assigned to investigate cases involving people with superhuman abilities, referred to as “Powers.” Set amidst today’s paparazzi culture, Powers asks the questions, what if the world was full of superheroes who aren't actually heroic at all? What if all that power was just one more excuse for mischief, mayhem, murder, and endorsement deals?
Powers (2015)

I just came across this new TV Series on my video source. I'm gunna get it and see what its all about. It has well-known actor Eddie Izzard in it and I liked him in the Triffids.
Has anyone seen this show or know anything about it.

The beginning looks fun...

Finally got around to watching season 1.

I detest superhero hype.
This show tried to be mainstream but died at the start.
Watching TV Shows is like watching horror movies.
SSDD, I was hoping for something different.

Not only were the cops characters shallow and mismatched, the leading man look of being ungroomed and unkept is disgusting to look at. None of the 'Powers' were anything special and the series felt very sluggish.
If you love plot holes and factual errors, bad cgi and bad prop use this is right up your alley.

I might watch some of season 2, if there is a season 2 just to see if the series can be salvaged. I doubt it.
Its like they got their demographics from studying Facebook.

On a 1-10 scale, I give it a 2.5

Eddie Izzard did an okay job as Wolf in the beginning but once he started regular dialog he was 100% Izzard. They should have left him as a savage.

Who was the coolest Power? Not a damn one.

I don't recall coming across this one... is it airing on cable or is it a streaming only series?

Powers is an American online streaming series adaptation of the Powers comic book series published by Marvel Comics under their Icon Comics imprint. The PlayStation Network's first scripted original programming
Well, that explains it! :D We're an X-Box household and didn't even know that PSN had original shows.

Wiki says its the first of their original programming, so, maybe something new they are trying? The show is not a great superhero show but it is certainly different.

► Season 1 - Click for episodes
E1 - Pilot - 2015-03-10 [ 12 Links ]
E2 - Like a Power - 2015-03-10 [ 8 Links ]
E3 - Mickey Rooney Cries No More - 2015-03-10 [ 19 Links ]
E4 - Devil in a Garbage Bag - 2015-03-17 [ 15 Links ]
E5 - Paint It Black - 2015-03-24 [ 17 Links ]
E6 - The Raconteur of the Funeral Circuit - 2015-03-31 [ 17 Links ]
E7 - You Are Not It - 2015-04-07 [ 10 Links ]
E8 - Aha Shake Heartbreak - 2015-04-14 [ 18 Links ]
E9 - Level 13 - 2015-04-21 [ 17 Links ]
E10 - F@#K the Big Chiller - 2015-04-28 [ 4 Links ]
Powers