Private School Costs!

My parents are so loving and I am lucky to attend a great private school, BUT the price is so high. My school is an elite gifted school, Each year the price gors up $3,000 dollars. My parentspayed tuition about 10,000. And with my books, cheerleading, track, cross country, upcoming trip to England, drama, and lots more like uniforms it comes out to around $17,000 a year. And I am only a freshman. I wanna go to public but never have so Im afraid too and well not allowed. Is eduation a high price too pay???

it is there! here in Argentina there is an excellent public university, all that needs to be paid are books. In fact, in Spain the government pays ppl to study ( at least they did that with my couisin) srry it's soooo expensive!

I am hoping that since I was born in another country I can get a scholarship to Yale or Stanford. it's about $200,000 for schooling and I am not gettin gstudent loans and myparents will pay too.

I think mine is the same as yours Bondgal. I have uniforms too (uniforms suck). 10,00 dollars a kid I think. But at my school if there are two kids and they are related then there is a discount on one of 'em.

Oh, Caro, usually education in private schools are better than in public school in US.

Don't feel that way Betha. Do you know how hard my parents work to send my sister and I too private? If we went to public we'd have a big house (we live in a small house) and maybe be rich! My dad got his paycheck cut by half and my mom is working over time at the hospital and working her butt off so my sister and I can get a good education. My parents say, "Education is first." Just b/c you go to public school doesn't mean you are dumb. Sometimes parents just don't wanna spend that much money if they can afford it. Students can also be really smart in public scholl too.

Betha Bristow said:
Caro said:
i knew school in the US was expensive, but not SOOO frikin much!
it depends where in America
well, that's true too. Well, i thought it depened on what the school wanted to charge. My school prices went up b/c we got another building and they need to pay for rent.

alias8000 said:
I think mine is the same as yours Bondgal. I have uniforms too (uniforms suck). 10,00 dollars a kid I think. But at my school if there are two kids and they are related then there is a discount on one of 'em.

Oh, Caro, usually education in private schools are better than in public school in US.

Don't feel that way Betha. Do you know how hard my parents work to send my sister and I too private? If we went to public we'd have a big house (we live in a small house) and maybe be rich! My dad got his paycheck cut by half and my mom is working over time at the hospital and working her butt off so my sister and I can get a good education. My parents say, "Education is first." Just b/c you go to public school doesn't mean you are dumb. Sometimes parents just don't wanna spend that much money if they can afford it. Students can also be really smart in public scholl too.
i'm sorry to hear that your parents have to work soooo much to get you and your sis a good education. Universities may be free here, but salaries are very low and everyday stuff ( food, clothes, taxes, transportation) are really expensive.

Are there dorms on campus or is that just a movie thing?

Yeah I mean some of the smartest kids in the country go to public! I wanna go to one, if I wanted too I could graduate in a year but i am so ba in english say real bad and my cooking is worse, forget about arts!!! I have a big family and they all attend private without the aide of any one, it's about $90,000 a year for the 7 of us still in school. But i think if we went to public it would be WAY less! And my sisters don't help since they're too lazy to work in the summer and in college.

Bondgal2007 said:
Yeah I mean some of the smartest kids in the country go to public! I wanna go to one, if I wanted too I could graduate in a year but i am so ba in english say real bad and my cooking is worse, forget about arts!!! I have a big family and they all attend private without the aide of any one, it's about $90,000 a year for the 7 of us still in school. But i think if we went to public it would be WAY less! And my sisters don't help since they're too lazy to work in the summer and in college.
You'd give up what you have just to go there?!?!? I mean, I wouldn't mind going there but if you got something good like that why throw it away?

Betha Bristow said:
well I'm public.... :( now I feel u guys are smarter (and richer) than me
noooooooo trust me we are spending like ALL of our money on school... :thinking: i feel so out of place with all the other rich kids...

Caro said:
SiriCerasi said:
Betha Bristow said:
well I'm public....  :( now I feel u guys are smarter (and richer) than me
noooooooo trust me we are spending like ALL of our money on school... :thinking: i feel so out of place with all the other rich kids...
are there dorms on campus? or is this me asking the supitd questions again? ;)
R u thinking college? I mean, this isn't boarding school or anything......

SiriCerasi said:
Betha Bristow said:
well I'm public....  :( now I feel u guys are smarter (and richer) than me
I know how Siri feels! My parents come from rich families and my family does have money but lots of kids it's harder. Like my school is not like my brother or sister so I had to buy everything new. And damn was it a lot. When i turn 15 I am getting a job so I won't ask my parents for money and do tings on my own more. All the people at my school come from like multimillion dollar familes who parents are athetes or inherited lots of money. Half of them are stupid I swear. I think a public HS would be better. There is one in Strongsville,Ohio thats great eduaction. I feel poor to a lot of kids there cause all of them have cool cars like Mercedes and BMWs and there 16. I will probably get a nice car and pay for on my own. It feel better when I pay for things.

dang... well, the only thing i can tell you is think scholarship. find as many scholarships as you can, even if they're just small ones. every little penny helps. one of my roommates is paying for her entire college tuition by herself so she's gotten quite good at finding nice scholarships.

and i've always gone to a public school (well, actually, i did go to private school from kindergarten to 2nd grade, but that doesn't really make much of a difference) and i've never really had any problems. it really just depends on which public school you go to. because i went to a really excellent public high school while one of my other roommates went to a private high school which definitely didn't really compare to my high school. it all just depends.

If you go to a public school in Zimbabwe, you are doomed. Finished, over and done with. The only option for a good education there is a private school, and it is expensive, but it is worth it.

It is a little different in South Africa, but some public schools are still dodgy. I go to a public school, but it is the best in Cape Town, and we are rivals of the all-girls private school. They pay something like 80,000rand a year, or USD10,000, which is a lot for an equally good education as the one I get.

i go to private school too. the price is up there, it's like 20,000 or something. my grandma pays for my eduaction, though, because we're not rich... (well not poor either, but still). i really want to go to public school though, so i could save my grandma the money, and maybe she could give it to my parents instead, so we can buy more important things, i mean an education is an education, right? besides, i go to a catholic school, and im nearly completely anti-religion. Besides high school starts this year, and one of the girls i went to grade school with (that made my life hell) is coming to my school. What i really want to do, is just move to burbank...

Back