Private School Costs!

I go to private school, it's a high school but the name doesn't say high school, it says college? :confused: It's like 20,000 a year but if you board its like 39,000 :eek: thank god I don't board. We get kids from all over the world, people from germany, russia, korea, china, thailand, mexico, pakistan, saudi, indonesia...everywhere. I've gone to private all my life!!! except for three months when I went to public and than the public school teachers went on strike :lol: and I went back to private :blush: (my elementary school was about 3-4,000, i think).

We used to be catholic but that was when it was an all boys school, which was like 40 years ago...we still have a chapel service everyday but it's more like an assembly than an actual shove religion down your throat kind of thing...cause of the diversity of the school.

Some insane amount like $17,000 :rolleyes: Mind you, that's in Australian dollars so it's only about $8,500 in American dollars.

And what do they spend it on?

SLIDING DOORS in the Physical Education Centre, Re-painting whole buildings and buying a new set of media equipment. But the vending machines? The once-beautiful fountain? Do they get fixed? Hell, no.

Ummm......My school wait for it Private Catholic All Girls school, the big three as people call it. 12,000 - 15,000 grand a year and thats with camps, music lessons, excursions, music lessons all thrown in. That about... ummm 7,500 ish US

And what do we get weird look PE pants and potatoe sacks for a winter uniform, a broken elevator, which only a "few" people are allowed to use. Rooms without chairs...... but yet we seem to get new flat screen computers every year, don't need them!!!! Canteen food gone all healthy and increasingly expensive, and many many rooms with out fans or heater.....

I love my school really I do!!! But i need to bash it!!

I am very thankful that i go there!!!

I went to a private middle school and it was something like 100€ ($120.975) per month

The private college there is next to where I live is 2500€ ($3,629.24 ) for 3 years and 3500 € ($4,234.11 ) for 4 years.

But normal (public) universities aren't expensive, my brother paid something like $362.924 for the year. But if you have to take an apartment it's more expensive. Thankfully, you can get a scholarship that will pay all your rent or part of it if parents don't earn enough money to pay for it.

Oh dear... here we go: $25,000 a year, per person, with no break for siblings (which is stupid because there are 3 students that go there in my family; my parents pay 75,000/year :hmm:smiley:. It's a lot. And there is no boarding there, though there was 10 or so years ago.

And that doesn't cover books, uniforms, etc.

At our school auctions, they auction off puppies and cars (Mini Coopers). :rolleyes:

Some of the people here are mucho rich, but it doesn't really matter because most people are very smart and most everybody's nice/cool/etc.

Oh dear... here we go: $25,000 a year, per person, with no break for siblings (which is stupid because there are 3 students that go there in my family; my parents pay 75,000/year :hmm:smiley:. It's a lot. And there is no boarding there, though there was 10 or so years ago.

And that doesn't cover books, uniforms, etc.

At our school auctions, they auction off puppies and cars (Mini Coopers). :rolleyes:

Some of the people here are mucho rich, but it doesn't really matter because most people are very smart and most everybody's nice/cool/etc.
sadly, that's probably more than what i'd pay for university comes fall, and that's WITH residence.

--Mandy :angelic:

that's a lot of money...it's roughly the same amount to send a kid to my school and board for two and a half years (and somehow at my school you can do the half year thing :confused: )....the 75 000 USD in canadian, not including books or clothes either. :lol:

I go to an all girls catholic school and it costs around 10,500euro a term. my brother goes to an all boys school which is also private and his costs 15,000 a term.

Our school is the only private non bording school in the city. their are only 400 students spread into 6 different years with 6 with 3 clasess in each year. it ranges between 12 and 24 students in each class so i guess you get more attention. The actual school is actualy 3 victorian houses and the prep school is a single house on the other side of the hill. but the down side is that i have to climb the 7 stories about ten times a day. and for us school starts at 8:45 finishes @ 3:55 but then their is study from 4:35 until 7:00 on weekdays and on saturdays fron 10:00-1:00 and again from 2-6 which costs 1,000 extra. we dont do sports during school hours they are usualy on weekends after study or after school. for our uniform we must have flat shoes black or navy, 3 navy skirts, 3 pin striped stirts, 3 navy jumpers, 2 school pants and then soprt uniforms.

i think the major difference is our school is alot more strict than public schools i guess the best thing is that yuou know evryone and your not judged. most people only joined our schoolat the start if the 6 years and many would have gone to public prep schools.but for us who go right through the whole 15 years we all have our friends and we often meet our old teachers which is fun.

But normal (public) universities aren't expensive, my brother paid something like $362.924 for the year. But if you have to take an apartment it's more expensive. Thankfully, you can get a scholarship that will pay all your rent or part of it if parents don't earn enough money to pay for it.
You don't have to pay that amount of money if you get a scholarship. ^_^

lucky

my school with residence is 33,000 (ish) USD <_<
freakin price gougers
:hmm:
lucky

the college i'm going to this fall is 44,000 USD and that's with residence and books. :Pinch: I luckily got an $11,250 scholarship which puts it at about 33,000.

And my little sister goes to a private elementry school. my parents are spending 12,500 for Kindergarden :rolleyes:

:Playmusic: OMFG. well....OMG I go to a private school too..and well...yea its pretty expensive..like i think about $13k... ouch. and i dont really like this school all that much..but its a great eduation. i love the fact that im not the only one concerned about money and the costs of getting a decent education-and a lot of that money goes to the school not the teachers-they dont really get all that much money. (n) well pm some time.

-pip.

Back