pro or anti-vegetarianism or vegans

I know...and even then you can't be totally sure...there should just be a universal logo system that tells you whats vegitarian, vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free, organic...whatever, to avoid confusion.

Jai

well i gave up red meat for lent...but i accidentally ate some today...cause i ordered chicken taquito's but they gave me beef..sooo yea...but i'm going to try to go on and so how far i can go...

I totally understand both sides of the arguments but just a question to non-vegetarians who have turned veg...

how do you LIVE?

:blink:

:lol:

Urmmm...with huge amounts of cravings...mabey it's just me, but when I'm eating my sweet and sour vegetables and rice or roast potatoes(grudgilingly produced by my mother...:lol:smiley:...it's not the same without chicken...:(
Eating my bagels the other day I was dying for some Parma or Rosemary ham.
And there's like only 1 brand of cola bottles and wine gums. But there's still pasta, rice, potatoes, vegetables, fruit, dairy(Though you have to look out for animal rennet in cheese...<_<), eggs, nuts, seeds, grains...basically everything...:lol:
And I'm not a REAL vegetarian as I eat fish, so that helps me survive Ju....;)
It's also easier as I cut down bit by bit...our dad wouldn't let us eat beef since BSE, so I haven't had that for years and years, then I cut out pork, then lamb(Okay, but that's because my grandparents were making Raan and I HAD to have it...hmmm a vegetarian who's favourite meal is meat...lol), no, but then I cut out chicken, and now I have fish, but I don't think I'm going t give that up...it's my balance. But normally say 'm vegetarian, 'cause it's too hard to explain otherwise.

:rain:

I was vegitarian for like...a year...
And my stupid father wouldnt leave me alone about it...and I was doing good until one night at dinner I made a salad and he made steaks for everyone else - that was just pure evil...so, I had a steak *sighs*
And now, I cant see why I wanted to be a vegitarian...I mean, I like, never eat my vegtables - and the ones I do eat, Im So picky over!

I do still however gag at a person who likes their beef cooked rare, or medium rare. I cant stand to see the blood *gags* S, usually I look the other way when my parents eat their dinner - so disgusting...

i'm a meat eater, i've never tried to be a vegetarian but i've had friends that are. I think it's up to you to eat what makes you feel comfortable and healthy ;)

my dad always says "if you don't eat them, they'll eat you " lol :lol:

i'm kind of a half-vegetarian. i haven't eaten pork in over 6 years. i'd probably give up more if i didn't live at home, as i can't make my family always cook something different for me, and i don't have the time to do it myself. when i cook for myself or buy food i never use/buy, i always make it vegetarian. so i avoid meat as much as i can, but so far it's almost impossible for me not to eat any meat. my parents tried to make me eat pork for soooo long and i hated it all along. it's my desicion and my opinions. fortunately, they've stopped nagging at me about it. they make something else instead, or then i make something, as i don't really want them to be affected by my desicions and my diet.

but yeah, i'll probably become all veggie when i move out, and i always avoid meat. which is ironic, considering i work in a grocery store, selling raw meat to people all day. (didn't choose the position myself - i wanted to be a cashier instead but they threw me to the meat section :angry: ...)but still, kinda ironic. :lol: my friends keep going on about it.

i'm so used to not eating pork that it's definitely not a problem for me. i don't think i'll ever eat pork again in my life.

i wish i could be all vegetarian already, or at least skip all the red meat (beef and pork)...i really have to think about this and what i'll do in the future. the best thing is to do what feels right and good. that's what i've always thought, and not just when it comes to being vege or not. :smiley:

WOW, I never knew there was a vegetarian topic. I'm a vegetarian, all the way (y) Not a vegan, u woudn't eat like anything :confused: ! I've been a vegetarian for ummmm....3 years, I think. I'll probably never eat meat again. It dosen't bother me at all when people eat meat, there choice. I only know 2 other vegetaians my friend's sister (who is pretty much my friend too) and my cousin but all my friends and family eat meat so I'm used to it! I just hate when people bother me about it. It dosen't happen as much but when I first became a vegetarin all I heard was 'but meat is soo good" or "I could never do that" or the worst "It's normal for humans to eat meat." Well obviously not since more and more people in the world are becomign vegetarian everyday!

Hey, we should start a club or soemthing :woot: !

~Andrea :angelic:

cinders said:
i've redscovered why i'm a vegetarian and there's no way i'm giving up the lasthalf decade's effort
[post="1420616"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
gorram it....mission failed...well i guess there's still the other mission. :smiley:

heh you're gonna have to try hard nay, but maybe you can get me in a moment of weakness.

or maybe i can trade that for you to like athlete.

Back