Season 3 Reaction to 3.22 "Resurrection"

What did you think of 3.22 "Resurrection"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
MaryJane said:
I watched this episode for the 2nd time yesterday and it hit me how really, really good Michael Vartan was in this episode. It's not like I ever thought he wasn't a good actor but normally the writers don't give him really intense scenes that he needs to carry. I hope they continue this trend next season.
Vaughn lost a lot of fans during season three. Maybe this will help win some of them back. I think he was the most interesting character in the finale.

Natalia said:
MaryJane said:
I watched this episode for the 2nd time yesterday and it hit me how really, really good Michael Vartan was in this episode. It's not like I ever thought he wasn't a good actor but normally the writers don't give him really intense scenes that he needs to carry. I hope they continue this trend next season.
Vaughn lost a lot of fans during season three. Maybe this will help win some of them back. I think he was the most interesting character in the finale.
yeah <_< like me :lol:

i thought he was just scary in this one :Ph34r:

weissishot said:
Once again Marshall mentioned his kid (who, somehow, is already a toddler) who I still think is Syd's baby. Remember Carrie got pregnant around the time of the episode with Sydney eggs being tested on, and ultimately destroyed. Marshall constantly talks about his kid, more than his wife.
Sydney is not the mother of Marshall's baby. At the begining of season 3, when Sydney came back to the CIA office for the fist time after "The Missing Two Years" she went to say hi to Carrie and when she stood up she was already pregnant.

weissishot said:
Once again Marshall mentioned his kid (who, somehow, is already a toddler)
exactly what i said! he's only a few months old, that's still a baby!! (sorry little things like that bother me. a lot.)

sydandvaughnforever said:
lauren will be alive next season....i just have this sinking feeling that she will...it's the way alias works

Nooo...I don't think so, Vaughn shot her like 6 times, and she got shot in the face once and shot all across her chest, so she'd be like, super-crippled, punctured lungs, a bullet wounded heart, a deformed face...WOO! That sounds mean but EVIL b**** WHOREN IS DEAD!! S/V KISSED WOOOO! WHAT THE f*** WAS ON THOSE DOCUMENTS??

Rachel :coffee:
actually i read on some site(i go 2 so many i dont remeber which one) that Melissa George ahs a few guest a ppearances next year. So UNFORTUNATELY she's not dead. Buthey---at leats everyone hates her!LOL :D

Natalia said:
I haven't really connected with the characters this season, and I can't quite figure out what's wrong. Once upon a time I would feel so many emotions watching Alias - it really made me think. Now it's just weekly entertainment. After thinking about it for a few days, I have to admit there wasn't much genuine emotion in the finale.
You make a really good point. None of the characters this season, including Sydney, have been very "identifiable". The reason the show was so engaging at the beginning was because she could have been any of us, and her friends our friends, except she had this whole other secret life that was so cool!

I agree that this season, the emotional connection has just about disappeared. I think that this is because there were so many fewer scenes with Jack as well as too much focus on an unrelatable triangle. This finale was kind of a cap off (I hope) and perhaps the extra time is needed to distance all of us from this season and jump back in to the Alias we know and love in January!

mountaineer68 said:
sydandvaughnforever said:
lauren will be alive next season....i just have this sinking feeling that she will...it's the way alias works

Nooo...I don't think so, Vaughn shot her like 6 times, and she got shot in the face once and shot all across her chest, so she'd be like, super-crippled, punctured lungs, a bullet wounded heart, a deformed face...WOO! That sounds mean but EVIL b**** WHOREN IS DEAD!! S/V KISSED WOOOO! WHAT THE f*** WAS ON THOSE DOCUMENTS??

Rachel :coffee:
actually i read on some site(i go 2 so many i dont remeber which one) that Melissa George ahs a few guest a ppearances next year. So UNFORTUNATELY she's not dead. Buthey---at leats everyone hates her!LOL :D
yeah i heard that too but unofficially so i wonder if its true. i want her to be dead!!

twin_mommy said:
weissishot said:
Once again Marshall mentioned his kid (who, somehow, is already a toddler) who I still think is Syd's baby. Remember Carrie got pregnant around the time of the episode with Sydney eggs being tested on, and ultimately destroyed. Marshall constantly talks about his kid, more than his wife.
Sydney is not the mother of Marshall's baby. At the begining of season 3, when Sydney came back to the CIA office for the fist time after "The Missing Two Years" she went to say hi to Carrie and when she stood up she was already pregnant.
I don't mean in a Marshall-had-sex-with-Sydney sort of way. I mean that while she was gone for 2 years her eggs were taken. I just have a feeling that the eggs (and whoever's sperm) were somehow put into Carrie (with or without her consent.) It just seems too much of a "coincidence" that Syd's eggs were taken, Carrie got pregnant and Marshall always mentions his kid. I mean, I know he is a proud father, but Dixon doesn't talk about his kids that much. And as we all know in 'Alias', there is no such thing as "coincidence".

i see what you're saying but i don't think its that much of a coincidence. carrie got pregnant and syd's eggs were taken. people get pregnant everyday, i dont think it has anything to do with sydney's missing two years but if it turns out that it does it will make sense to me.

on a different note...
who here thinks that maybe vaughn's dad is not dead whatsoever and may be the man behind the covenant or even more. i just watched episode 2.2 and Vaughn mentioned that they could only identify his dad's remains by his teeth. Teeth can be easily pulled or whatnot to help throw off the medical examiner. It would be an interesting twist if Vaughn's dad was all a part of this plan somehow. :thinking:

yeah like they did with sydney's teeth. its possible but im sick of them bringing ppl back to life like irina. so i kindof hope thats not the case.

I think that people are completley overanalyzing Alias. I mean, you have the impression that this season is bad, so you overanalyze everything and make it feel bad. I think this was one hell of a season. It was great. The betrayal, the action, the angst. This season was about Sydney discovering who she was. Next season will probably be about her trying to move on. I thought it was a good season.

I agree ^ I think people were just REALLY upset about the breakup of Syd and Vaughn, and other things that didn't go along with what they wanted to happen. I was upset about S&V too, but I think this season was so packed!! SOOO many revelations and discoveries!! The plot lines are getting so interesting and I just love how there are so many twists. My only problem is Lauren...she better be dead. If you get shot that many times, you're gone! I don't like how this series tends to bring people back from the dead...I know it's supposed to be a "twist", but it happens to often that it doesn't even suprise me anymore! So, overall, this season really was quite good! A lot was resolved, but in typical Alias fashion for every problem solved, two more arise!!! :P

Skyligrl5 said:
btw - what kind of mask would be that good?!?!? :wtf:
I asked myself that too !!

And :confused: what's that end ? And why is this so simple for Sydney and Vaughn to be together again ? :Ph34r:
It was ok I think.

EDIT : Now I think this episode was written really fast, and they just needed a cliffhanger so they invented that. :thinking:

i thought it was bad. the cliffhanger was stupid. the writers are just desperate to write something... and all the problems syd had with her father should be over!!!!! grrr im so mad. i love alias SOOO much but they really should come up with some fresh new stuff that isn't so complicated. alias actually lost 800,000 viewers for the finale.

meh. it was mediocre at best. all i thought about after seeing it was, "THAT'S IT??!! THAT'S IT??!!! YOU MADE ME WAIT 3 WEEKS FOR THAT???"

ok, i'm calm now. :smiley:

SeXyALiAsCHiCa said:
My only problem is Lauren...she better be dead. If you get shot that many times, you're gone! I don't like how this series tends to bring people back from the dead...I know it's supposed to be a "twist", but it happens to often that it doesn't even suprise me anymore!
I agree. The writers bring people back from the dead so often, I would be surprised if Lauren was in fact dead, not the other way around!

And I can't believe Alias lost 800,000 viewers for the finale! That number seems a bit high. I mean season three wasn't as great as the last two, but I didn't think it was so awful it merited such a drop in ratings! I hope the writers get their act together next season, or ABC might cancel the show! How horrible would that be!!!

TheCoup338 said:
SeXyALiAsCHiCa said:
My only problem is Lauren...she better be dead. If you get shot that many times, you're gone! I don't like how this series tends to bring people back from the dead...I know it's supposed to be a "twist", but it happens to often that it doesn't even suprise me anymore!
I agree. The writers bring people back from the dead so often, I would be surprised if Lauren was in fact dead, not the other way around!

And I can't believe Alias lost 800,000 viewers for the finale! That number seems a bit high. I mean season three wasn't as great as the last two, but I didn't think it was so awful it merited such a drop in ratings! I hope the writers get their act together next season, or ABC might cancel the show! How horrible would that be!!!
It's not that. Lots of people do not know that it was on. Especailly casual new fans. Even long time Alias fans, found themselves confused. Alias is still the best show on TV, so I think teh writers are doing an incredible job.

Back