Season 3 Reaction to 3.22 "Resurrection"

What did you think of 3.22 "Resurrection"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
SeXyALiAsCHiCa said:
I agree ^ I think people were just REALLY upset about the breakup of Syd and Vaughn, and other things that didn't go along with what they wanted to happen. I was upset about S&V too, but I think this season was so packed!! SOOO many revelations and discoveries!! The plot lines are getting so interesting and I just love how there are so many twists. My only problem is Lauren...she better be dead. If you get shot that many times, you're gone! I don't like how this series tends to bring people back from the dead...I know it's supposed to be a "twist", but it happens to often that it doesn't even suprise me anymore! So, overall, this season really was quite good! A lot was resolved, but in typical Alias fashion for every problem solved, two more arise!!! :P
Another person who thinks ALias is overanalyzed now. I kind of think that if they did bring her back, it might be ok. Allison should have died though. They should have had her killed.

ALIAS_RULES said:
vartan-lova said:
yeah like they did with sydney's teeth. its possible but im sick of them bringing ppl back to life like irina.  so i kindof hope thats not the case.
What do you mean? Irina never died.
When Alias started, Sydney - and so the audience too - thought Irina was dead.

ya, allison shud have died but they kept her alive. i think that it'd b kinda stupid 2 keep bringing ppl back from the dead. 1 time ok, more times look stupid.

ALIAS_RULES said:
vartan-lova said:
yeah like they did with sydney's teeth. its possible but im sick of them bringing ppl back to life like irina.  so i kindof hope thats not the case.
What do you mean? Irina never died.
i mean when she faked her death when syd was six. and that i dont really have a problem with bc its a major part of the plot. and then allison too. even that i dont mind so much. but if they keep bringing ppl back to life its gonna bother me. does that make sense?

vartan-lova said:
but if they keep bringing ppl back to life its gonna bother me. does that make sense?
yah i agree...because basically what theyre saying when they continue to bring people back to life is that there is no death on alias...or at least theres always that irritating possibility that the persons still alive.

MVhunny said:
vartan-lova said:
but if they keep bringing ppl back to life its gonna bother me.  does that make sense?
yah i agree...because basically what theyre saying when they continue to bring people back to life is that there is no death on alias...or at least theres always that irritating possibility that the persons still alive.
That’s the big problem with the Rambaldi Serum use on Allison by the writers. Once you use something like that you need to be consistent and keep using the Serum anytime it would be logical to be used. Allison was a covenant agent so was Lauren. Lauren as far as we know is more higher up and important to the Covenant so use of the Serum on Lauren should be assumed. The Rambaldi Serum flips the expectation of death from assume dead from major wounds to assume alive for bad guys.

What is inconsistent or poor writing is Sydney and Vaughn not recalling Allison’s recovery and escape from the ambulance and checking to see if their target is really dead. And they should assume even if appearing dead they need to assume their target is alive and keep chained down until the autopsy.

The way Vaughn keeps miraculously recovering I even suspect he got the Serum. :P

okay I thought it was a great episode I just saw the end of it 7 minutes ago so I'm still processing this whole thing I'm gonna be huhing for the next 3 days trying to figure it all out.i'm still very confused

Milferd said:
That’s the big problem with the Rambaldi Serum use on Allison by the writers. Once you use something like that you need to be consistent and keep using the Serum anytime it would be logical to be used.
same goes with those masks...because now people will be saying, "Why didn't they just use the masks?"...which is why i think the masks were a mistake, because why didn't they use them before, or why wouldn't they use them all the time?! :rolleyes:

iheartalias said:
Milferd said:
That’s the big problem with the Rambaldi Serum use on Allison by the writers. Once you use something like that you need to be consistent and keep using the Serum anytime it would be logical to be used.
same goes with those masks...because now people will be saying, "Why didn't they just use the masks?"...which is why i think the masks were a mistake, because why didn't they use them before, or why wouldn't they use them all the time?! :rolleyes:
yeah i agree. there are already alot of ppl who are saying that. like in Facade when they had to get sark on the plane they couldv just used a mask. i didnt like that part of the finale at all, but im not dwelling on it cuz that ruins the whole eppy.
but you're right, it was a stupid idea.

I thought the epi was amazing. Not the best but it was great. There was alot of good moments. AHEM! Vaughn and Sark and the "interrogation".
"I think I broke it" lmao! and "Hi hunny!"
*swoon*
And then Lauren gets shot...does it get any better? But is she seriously dead? come on you don't seriously expect me to believe they killed her off permanently. It will be like the Francie look-alike!
Oh well a great epi all around!

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>This episode was pretty great! The masks were a little confusing, but it was a cool twist. wanna see the original ending to the season 2 season finale? here it is from issue #5 of the ALIAS magazine:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As many of you are aware, the season 3 finale was filmed with an ending in place. However, JJ ABRAMS (creator) did not like it, so he had it changed. This is what the ending was going to be like:

Written by Jeff Pinkner:

ALIAS- EP#E322- "Resurrection"- 04/09/2004- First Draft

Below her: Vaughn dangles by his shoulder from the hook, and now the cable is lashed around Jack's leg, to untangle it would require letting go with his hands.

ON SYDNEY: Straining with effort. HER HANDS: White with effort-- refusing to drop them--- but their combined weight IS CAUSING THE RAILING TO GIVE WAY -- IT'S BREAKING -- IN A MOMENT THEY'LL ALL GO OVER.

VAUGHN: -- you can't hold us both --

She struggles to pull them back up --

SYDNEY (straining): -- no --

-- But Vaughn's right. It's too much. Her eyes go to her dad.

JACK: -- CUT ME LOOSE.

-Then to Vaughn.

VAUGHN: Let me go.

And looking down at her father and Vaughn, Sydney realizes that all 3 of them are going to die... unless she does the unthinkable...

Sydney pulls a BLADE from her belt -- she opens it -- and holding it to the rope, we UNDERSTAND: if she cuts one of them free, she and the other will survive -- she has to choose which one, but how...

AND ALL MUSIC CUTS OUT -- replaced by just the sound of Sydney's strained breathing.

We're TIGHT ON HER FACE -- streaked with sweat -- straining with this impossible choice -- when-- Oh, God -- suddenly. SHE'S PULLED FORWARD OUT OF THE FRAME.

WIDER: the railing Sydney clings to is collapsing --

Vaughn: SYD -- NOW -- DO IT NOW

AND THERE'S NO MORE TIME .. WE'RE ON SYDNEY AS SHE DECIDES THEN BRINGS THE KNIFE TO ONE OF THE ROPES --- AND WE'RE VERY CLOSE AS SHE SLICES THROUGH IT -- IT DROPS AWAY --

WHO'S AT THE OTHER END?

FOR THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION, WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON, BECAUSE NOW, OFF SYDNEY'S CHOICE, WE...
CUT TO BLACK.

END OF SEASON THREE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would have been horrible! :( </span>

The final episode, for the most part, was a normal episode. Most episode endings have a twist, leaving us hanging for the next episode. Just that this was a season finale. If you had only watched a few episode of Alias you would have just thought that.
Unlike The Telling which was genuinely shocking and we had something to actually work with, here we were left totally in the dark.

Didn't like that Lauren was killed - although, in all likelihood she isn't - but it was fitting for Vaughn to dispose of her in the way he did - he got his revenge.
Like a good Alias finale, it leaves us with plenty of questions - and an Alias finale is a lot better than a lot of other shows so it was still a fantastic episode.

The final episode was amazing! My heart was beating soooo fast during it! I ended up watching it about 6 times! I can't wait until January! I want to know what was on that paper! This is so not fair!!!!!!! I was sooo happy when Lauren died and then they kissed!!

Unfortunately, I'm not in the majority with everyone here. I didn't think that the last eppy was that good. It wasn't up to the standards that I expect ALIAS to live to. Sure I think that the last scene with Jack and Syd in the bank was something that may and hopefully recover those viewers who has lost interest. There were many wrong turns in this season, but can the damage be repaired? Who knows. Sure we can get Syd and Vaughn back together and some "issues" with Jack and Syd...but I think its gonna take a lot more than some S/V and S/J to patch things up. How about letting Syd have a lil' bit of a life out of the CIA? And don't we all wish Lena Olin would come back...but I can see now why she doesn't...oh well...

But other than that, it was okay....could have been better.

I thought this episode was really good, and the majority voted that it was good or better. The ending has left so much to talk about. I really wonder what Jack had on those papers! Arghhh.... I loved the fight scene with Lauren, and I loved when Sydney stole Katya's gun and removed the ammo without her knowing. It was soo good!

svfan4ever said:
Eeww...did Sark just have a Syd fantasy when Lauren was in the mask? Eeewwww
[post="835042"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

He did! THat was so funny! "I must admit, your disguise, it addresses a little proclivity of mine." lmao!

Just watched the finale in the UK yesterday did not really like the ending at first but when I really thought about it (and came on to AA) it totally changed my mind...!

I've got a lot of thoughts/wishes for what happened; most of them don't make any sense there just to make my head feel better for 7 odd months before S4 starts...

1. I hope that as Syd only shot Katya with a tranquilizer gun she could have woken up called her covenant buddies and helped rescue Lauren...

2. Then Lauren could then put somebody in a Jack mask with a voice modulator at got to the bank...

3. Then Spydad would not be Baddad...?

-BUT-

4. There is no way S/V would have left without making sure Lauren was dead and that Katya was arrested...

5. There is no way that Lauren is alive... (But this is alias)

6. The voice modulator was only made for/by the CIA...

7. The signature on the documents...

I also have a few questions...

8. How did Jack know that Syd would go to the bank?

9. If Lauren knew about "it", Jack must have something to do with the Covenant?

10. I feel that Katya has a bigger part in this whole thing... (Sleeping with Jack in the previous episode...etc...)

11. Did JJ have this in his head all this way when he began writing S1...I’ve read/heard in a few places that he had the first 4 seasons in his head...?

Feel free to post anything with the corresponding number...it will help...!

(no big spoilers)

I KNOW!!! i am going crazy waitin for S4. But if Jack had somthin to do with the covenant that would be so dumb! OMG you can tell syd's gonna hate him cause he did project SAB! If he was in the covenant that would be so much overkill! (MV probably told him that syd was going to wittenburg maybe)

Back