Site Update

I'll admit they may be small, but the movies in the upper corner are very nice looking... even if the screenshots are eh.

First update in many months, not as much as I'd have liked, but it's something, its pretty, and it shows actual workings of the game. I'm satisfied for now.

Agreed, I can’t wait till I can see the movies in a higher res, larger screen.

Any guesses on what classes we are seeing? That is assuming they aren’t hacked characters that have all the skills... I’m guessing the blue guy is ranger/wizard..

I can neither confirm nor deny whether I am at liberty to discuss either affirmation or dismissal of any and all allegations of my involvement in any matters or scenarios pertaining, but not limited to, the release of the aforementioned information.

*shifty eyes*

(Whispered) The crow caws at midnight! In Paris the cafes are many! I am the Walrus, I am the Walrus, Paul is dead, koo-koo-kachoo!

~Dune~

Why can't they ever offer all the screenshots in one zip file? Geez, takes a while to download them all and put them on a screensaver hehe

simutronics said:
Expect new screenshots and concept over the next few months!
SAD Panda... No game for the next few months... not unexpected, but not liked either ><...

Unfortunately I'm starting to agree with some of the people on mmorpg.com about the graphics. They are starting to look pretty outdated.
I REALLY hope they have a DX10 patch...

Want to see em a bit closer up? http://www.play.net/flash/hj/hj_compass_cookie.swf
It'll scale to the size of your explorer window. - Warning, it's pixilated because it's like 60x60... not because the game will look like that LOL.

I'm so envious... Those guys who made those movies got to play... why not me? me want to!

I really like that green stream between the character and his prey. It's a neat effect. I can see that being over-used though LOL...

Might be really cool to have like a faint red stream flying from the mob to the character when a vampiric spell is used... or a faint blue stream for stealing mana... etc... That'd be pretty cool.

Short of FFXI's Drain and Aspir spells, I don't think I've seen too many streams between target and foe in other games.

But if they're going to release thumbnail-sized videos... why not release ONE that is of proper screen size? Make it just 10 seconds or something. But a fullscreen high def video would whet my palate to no end.

Screenshot 8 of 10... it's clear why that was chosen - Look at the detail in the rocks on the right. I think that actually is DirectX 10; I'm not sure you can get shadows like that without DX10.

First off, heck yeah! About time and I am loving what I see. The guy in blue armor looks like a gear knight/wizard. For those complaining already, shush! They tossed us a bone and promise to give more and more consistantly. That means that they are significantly closer to beta testing. As far as graphics, they look great to me. I am still playing WoW so it would be a nice upgrade from what I am used to. Now, if we can get some more crunchy info I would REALLY be happy. But I am happy with what we just got.

Short of FFXI's Drain and Aspir spells, I don't think I've seen too many streams between target and foe in other games.

Wow uses it as well for warlock's Mana drain (blue) and Life drain (green) spells

The guy in blue armor looks like a gear knight/wizard.

I thought so too based on the axe/armor but he it looks like he used arrow swarm (ranger thing) when he drew the circle on the ground

Interesting with the circle thing... I wonder if the damage is the same regardless on how big the circle is, so that a tight circle would be more damaging to a smaller group while a big circle might to a little damage to a huge group.... lots of tactics there...

I also like that they have different animation for different spells. Like the fireball (he is throwing it) vs. the random buff spells (kinda a roar affect)

Back