Smile

LOL...I 9th it....lol...You guys are too funny!! Thank you for the wonderful comments....I love reading them.

Chapter 8

She looks frantically in both directions, but finds nothing. No one. As her head drops down, her whole body feels like giving out right there in the doorway. The longing that rushed through her mind and body just moments before were ones in which she hasn’t felt in a long time. A minute ago, she was ready to tell him everything, but now she’s not so sure since he just fled out of there. How can he just leave? Now and possibly forever? What if he doesn’t feel the same way? Of course he does, why else would he acts like this? But maybe him moving on is the best thing for him? But doesn’t it matter what she wants? Why is she being so selfish? Ahhhhh! Sydney is so confused, she just wants to scream.

“ Sydney . . .” All of a sudden a voice comes from behind her. She whips her head around to face her dad and Francie. “ It’s time,” he says pointing to his watch.

“ Your man is getting impatient,” Francie adds with a big smile.

“ Uh . . . ” Sydney tries to gain some composure, “ I . . . I’m not ready yet.”

“ Sydney sweetie, you look absolutely wonderful. There’s no more to get ready about,” Francie swings around to grab Sydney’s arm.

“ No, I don’t mean physically. I’m not sure I’m ready.”

“ Everyone is like that just seconds before. With all risks, sometimes you just have to take that extra step, that leap of faith,” Jack’s words of wisdom have been flowing out so easily today.

“ Exactly. When you step outside and see the man of your dreams waiting, you’ll know and you’ll be ready,” Francie is now clinging tightly to her arm and dragging her towards the outside where guests and the groom have been patiently waiting…

Slipping away from holding her has been the hardest thing he had ever had to do. Vaughn could have stayed like that forever. But he knew he couldn’t. It wouldn’t be fair to her, he thinks. As he leaves the door, he starts walking faster and faster down the hall until it is almost a sprint. He just has to get out of there fast! He suddenly stops in his tracks at the sound of her voice. He could have sworn he had just heard her call out his name. As he heads back to her dressing room, he sees her with her father and Francie. He immediately reprimands himself for thinking that she had urgently called out his name.

Now, he just feels stupid. Oh no, they are walking towards him. He quickly rushes outside, sees the exact place where the ceremony would take place, and hides behind a tree before they could see him. Isn’t it convenient that she would have an outside wedding?

Everyone stands as the bride’s maid of honor walks down the aisle, smiling graciously to everyone. Then the music starts as the bride and her father are at the end of the aisle ready to proceed. Leave now! Vaughn’s head is telling him, but his feet does not move. His eyes stay glued to her back.

Luckily for Sydney, the musicians picked a very slow tempo to play the wedding march. She stands there, unable to move her feet while her whole body tenses up. Her father pulls her closer to his side and whispers, “ breathe. It should feel more natural than this.” She lets out a huge sigh as she allows him to guide her along. All the while in her head, words and voices echo all over . . .

Why do you look like the unhappiest bride in the world? . . .

Don’t settle . . .don’t settle . . .

Could you be a little more convincing and give me a smile? . . .

I’m leaving for Barcelona . . . I’m leaving.

Everything is just perfect . . .

You don’t really want to settle when you can have something greater . . .

I wanted to see you as just Sydney Bristow one last time . . .

With all risks, sometimes you just have to take that extra step, that leap of faith . . .

I’m leaving . . .could be years . . .or longer . . .

Don’t settle . . .don’t settle . . .

You’re the most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen . . .

When you step outside and see the man of your dreams waiting, you’ll know and you’ll be ready . . .

To make your special day just a little more perfect . . .

As the last words swarm through her mind, she realizes that she is clutching the necklace with her right hand.

Vaughn watches from behind a tree as she walks slowly down the aisle. He is biting his lower lip and using everything to restrain himself from doing something he will regret later. What do you want to do? Blow her cover? Act like a total fool? His hand is clenched in a fist and is slowly pounding against the trunk of the tree. He can’t stand to watch anymore and changes his gaze down to the grass.

Then in the distance, a low rumbling starts. The clouds shift overhead. A huge drop of water falls onto his black shoes. The tension in his hand is released and his head lifts up. At that same exact moment, another drop instantaneously falls down her veil and lands on her cheek. Her thoughts become calm, the voices disappear, and only one memory remains.

A/N: See??...that was the second coicindence for those of you who saw Sweet Home Alabama. lol...When I was watching..I was like holy macroll!!! :eek: I just wrote something like that. Actually, it was inspired by the music video " November Rain" by Guns and Roses.

Okay...one more flashback chapter (yes..I have had many flashbacks haven't I)....and then the final chapter.

Yay! That was so good! I'm not mad at Vaughn anymore, thanks for redeeming him. I loved all of her thoughts too, as she was walking down the aisle. That was very good. Post more soon!
~kate

awwwwwwwwwwwww that so sad!!!!!!!!!!! u have to post more!!!!!::tears::...and whaT BOUT UR OTHER STORY EH GURLI?

that was great!!now vaughn needs to stoping hiding behind a tree and run to syd and sweep her up in his arms and runaway forever!!! :D but anyways i loved it and cant wait for more!!!! :woot:

Angel said:
Syd_Vaughn4ever said:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YOU BETTER KEEP EM 2GETHER SINCE JJ WON'T!!!
I can't agree more. We need some happiness and stability here, keep them togather. PLEASE! :D
Yes!! Please!! It is going to be a looooooong summer....and right now I could seriously use some happy Syd/Vaughn togetherness!! :blush:
Great new chapter bty. Can't wait for the next one!! :D
-Karie-

<span style='font-family:Arial'></span>
OMG soo good, and yes you'd better keep them together. I'm soooo mad at JJ, who dose he think he is, he can't just break them up like that!

AWwwww you guys are quoting me!!!!! I feel so special. And who does JJ think he is??? Just b/c he owns the characters doesn't mean he can break them up! How rude!But seriously I gotta see some S/V love!

Back