Something About His Smile

OMG thank you so much guys I promise I'll update it really soon I just have to figure a few things out I don't want to rush the story and theres a few twists I want to add. :D

All right heres chapter 3 (hey just wonderin what does omv mean?? :smiley: )

Sydney Bristow was usually an impecably fast thinker, one of the many traits she had developed during her work with sd-6. But even as she reached across the dashboard for her cell phone, 3 days after hockey night. Sydney couldn't help thinking about what francie had said.

"Love is when you check your messages on your phone, you beam because evey message is from one person"

She attempted to scroll to the message menu on her Nokia when she stopped at a red light. She smiled, she had 7 messages she knew very well that this falty smile was forced because only 4 of these messages were from Danny.

The first message was thanking Sydney for Dinner the previous night. Truth be Told, sydney had enstated this dinner in hopes that it would make her realize how much she really loved Danny. It didn't, if anything it just made her situation worse.

Message number two actually made her smile because it was Francie saying that they were "totally having a Halloween party" the message was about 5 minutes long listing pary ideas and more guest names than all of sydneys Alias's from the past 5 years combined.

By this time sydney had found a lucky parking spot on campus and was grabbing her bag from the passenger seat. Syney had a bit of time before her 11:30 class she decided to sit out side and enjoy the crisp fall air. As she crossed the lawn to an empty table she took a look at the next message, it was from Danny asking her if she could pick up a school book for him at the library. The message was only 47 seconds long.

Francie had called again to ask Sydney to pick up a few pumkins from the market on her way home Francie had gone on about exactly how fat or hollow or orange the pumkin had to be.

Sydney wondered how comical she must look as she listened to the next message. Will was asking sydney how insane Francie was with her "big Halloween idea".Which just made sydney laugh. He mentioned that she would fill the place with candy corn just to bug Will, he said that she had invited his sister who would bring all her crazy hair friends, and at least 3 times that he would have to wear a costume. As much as Will complained, Syd knew that he was excited for the event.

Message number 6 was Danny asking how her morning class went, this did not make her feel much better. Sydney had no morning class.

The last message was again from danny asking her if she would like to come over for Dinner that evening.

After class Sydney headed twoards the library to get the book Danny had asked for. "Love is going to the greatest lengths for one person" the quote had been lingering in the back of her mind, somehow sydney did not think grabbing a library book would apply to this. As sydney strolled along the shelves headed twoard the check out counter someone in between shelves caught her eye. So she wouldn't make a complete idiot of her self, Sydney walked around to the next Isle she did know this person.

"Alice" she said trying to sound as friendly as possible. Alice turned to look at her same as Wendsday night she looked startled. But when sydney had interupted her from her PDA she had been working this time it seemed as if Alice had just been staring at the book spine not really knowing that it was there. And unlike Wndsday Alice did not smile at her she simply looked at her blankly. "Hi" she said.

This, Sydney realized was not a person she wanted to be around at the moment, she thought. But it seemed to rude to be leaving quite yet.
"So uh...." Sydney looked down at the book Alice was staring at, McMaster-Carr parts manual. "So are you........ in enginerring" Sydney highly doubted this but she was desperate to make conversation.
"Huh,..... oh no I just...... I have to go" said Alice and without a goodbye strode right out of the library. Well that was wierd Sydney thought and went to the checkout counter.

25 minutes later Sydney pulled out of the market feeling rather proud of herself for picking out 3 perfect pumkins that fitted exactly to Fran's requests. As she pulled out her cell phone rang, it was Danny.

"Hi" sydney said distractedly as she made a u- turn that almost sent the pumkins into the back seat.
"Hi" said Danny sounding almost bored sydney wondered why even though it didn't really interest her.
"So dinner tonight....." said Sydney. How was this happening 4 days ago conversations were so easy but now she found lols almost as awkward as the ones with Alice.
"Yeah, pick you up at 7?"
"sure... sounds good"
"....cool"
"Well I'll see you later all right"
"Yeah ok I'll see you Sydney" After this there was a long pause Sydney felt the obligation to say
"Ok you have too" thats when she heard the dead tone and felt a pang in her chest,"Hang up first..."

At ten past 7 Syd entered her living room to find Francie hunched over a clipboard with a pen in her hand, Syd leaned over the couch, it was a list of supplies for the party.
"We're gonna need someother kind of candy besides candy corn, you know Will will kill you if we don't" said sydney jokingly. Francie laughed as she thumed to strips of red, white and blue paper in her hand.
"Hey, you know anyone who likes the kings?" Francie asked. Sydney turned around to look at her, "I won tickets on the radio today, I didn't know I was supposed to be winning hockey tickets" she said smiling.
"Yeah, sure I'll see if Danny wants them" she said tucking them in her purse, by the way has he called or anyhting, he was supposed to be here a while ago.
"No, no sorry syd, I haven't"
"Hmmm..." Sydney wasn't that suprised that he was late, but she still thought she should go find him, with school and all she thought she'd go and find him.

After checking Danny's house to find it empty Sydney was heading back home, but as she stopped as a red light she noticed a flyer stappled to a telephone post it was for a roller skating party at the college, but on it was a hockey player, this made Syney think of the hockey rink. And mabey it was a hunch that she would find Danny there or mabey it was fate but something made Syd turn left to go to the hockey rink.

When she got there, only one other person was in the Arena, a man down on the ice practicing slapshots, it looked like. Syd didn't know if it was danny or not and she didn't really care she just walked dowm twoard the ice. The person did not see her until she reached the gate. She said nothing just stared at him. Micheal Vaughn turned around.

"Hey" he said suddently smiling, sydney could tell that he hadn't been smiling earlier."hi" she said now rattling her brains to remember why she was here.
He skated over to her "Sydney, right?" he said taking off his gloves and sticking out his hand. "Yeah, nice to see you again" as she shook his hand he arm suddnnly seemen do support its self."So...uh what are you doing here" he asked her. Syd now realized that this was a valid question to ask even herself.
"Oh I was looking for Danny.......you haven't seen him have you?"
"Uh no... sorry" he said. Syd wasn't really hearing what he said he was just listening to him. Syd looked out onto the ice "Wow" she said smiling, "I haven't gone skating since I was like 5" he smiled at her, there was just something about his smile... she smiled back at him.
"Hey, you know what, I actually have another pair of skates,....If you wanted to..."
Sydney thought that this was just the sweetest thing in the world, Danny had never, asked her to go skating with him and this stroke of generousitly and kindness, and that smile more than anything caused her to say.
"yes.. actually yeah that'd be... great"

"Carefull" he said, laughing as she skated clowly out on the ice, as she approached the middle she sped up and soon didn't know how to stop
"Woah," he said as Sydney slipped so she wouldn't knock him over, he grabbed her hand bring her back up. Goose bumps went from the tips of her fingers to the bottoms of the iceskates. Syd smiled as he brought her to his feet, and as she smiled at him all worries of Danny, or her job or anything else mattered, it was just the two of them in this world, on this hockey rink.

Sydney didn't know how long they spen there just skating around, talking about nothing, but yet talking about everything. Syd didn't know what it was it was so incredibly easy to talk to him words came so easily, it was just as easy as talking to Will and Francie. Except foe the butterflies in her . that was definetly new.
"So obviously, you play hockey" said Sydney her smile still not fading from her face,"what else do you do?"
"I work for the state" he said his smile matching hers"not very interesting"
"how about you, interesting job?"
"you could say that..." she mumbled to her self.
"Uh, no not really I work for a bank, but I'm a part time student too"
"Really?" he asked kindly "what are you studying"
"literature" she said "i had a class today actually" Thats when somthing sparked her memory, that Micheal might find interesting
"I saw Alice, today at the library" Micheals smile seemed to fade slightly,
"Oh, uh how was she?" he asked.
"uh, well....honestly she didn't look to good, kinda drifting a bit" Micheal looked away from her staring at the logo in the center of the rink, Syd didn't know how she knew but she could tell something had happened with Alice,
"We had a fight" he said now looking back at her.
"oh, no" said Sydney, this now explained his aggresive mood before she had arrived, and the blank look on Alice's face earlier.
"Yeah, it was huge,....it happens alot nothing new really"
"I'm sorry" She said to him, he looked up at her and smile.
"Thank you, but don't worry about it" Syd smiled at him, and when she did an idea came to her head and idea that was so insane, that if she wasn't with him it would of never crossed her mind.

"Hey do you like the kings?" she asked. He turned and smiled at her.
"Yeah I love em, why?"
"My friend won tickets on the radio today, and you know she didn't even know who the kings were so she gave them to me, I was going to give them to Danny but I don't think he's around, so I was wondering if you want them" This was a crazy thing to do to not give these tickets to her boyfriend, but with him it seemd so sensible, so perfect.
"Wow, for the game on Monday right?" Syd nodded even though she wasn't really sure.
"Wow, Sydney I'd love to, but I don't really have anyone to go with...Alice is well, yeah"
"Oh," said Sydney sounding dissapointed.
"Unless...." he said sounding happy and cautious at the same time,
"Unless...you wanted to go" Syd looked up at him "as friends, you know"
Syd looked at him and beamed just like 3 nights ago at the same place they were now. "Sure, yeah I'd like that"
"ok" he was smiling
"here, do you want me to write my number down, just incase something..."
"yeah...I'll give you mine to. AS they skated to the gate they were both smiling and they both laughed as Syd knocked into it but Micheal made sure she was all right first.

After exchanging numbers, Sydney took off the skates and set them next to a bleacher.
"Thank you" she said, "I haven't skated in so long"
"No problem, you were good company" Syd grabbed her purse and stood up.
"I'll see you later" she said smiling.
"Yeah, see you Sydney" and then right before she left the rink she turned back around, to see him smile at her and as that happened her heart did a back flip.

Hmmmmm, I wonder where Danny is!? I wonder. They're not going on a date. :cry: :( I wonder if Danny is cheating on her! Hm...? I wonder. lol. I DO!

-Nadia :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

O M V! this chap was so cute :love:

Danny really is an ass! hes so not good enough for her :nonono:

:love: they skated together!! and theyre going to the game together :woot: :happydance: :D YAY!!

thanks for the pm!! :D

Awww
This is so cute
I love it
I'm glad Sydney asked for Francie's advice
Cause now she knows that she doesn't love Danny
Especially when she skips a date with him
He never called
That was wierd
I think Danny is cheating on Sydney
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

I love this... and i would love a PM when you update, please??

Aww.. so cute.. i love that she offered the tickets to Vaughn, go Syd!
Stupid Danny, you go away now, and ditto to Alice.

Love Fran's Halloween planning.. and Candy corn.. ha ha ha

Back