Special Delivery

That was so great!!
Always have a soft spot for the parents, even when you wish you didn't!!
Sorry for the lack of Reviews, Life has been crazy!
But thank you for all the pm's!
I truely enjoy all of you stories!!

“Remember when you used to jump for the basketball rim to show me how much you’d grown?”

Needing time, Michael sipped his coffee while he absorbed what his father had just said. Had he really watched him?”

“Or remember when you brought that motorcycle home?” He chuckled. “Your mother had a fit. She was certain you’d be a rebel. You were so pleased with yourself. So proud of that motorcycle.

No, he’d been smug, not proud. He’d bought the motorcycle with his own money, hadn’t wanted it…not really. He’d bought it to get a reaction out of them. His mother had ranted and raved. Maybe he’d done it because it was rare to have them both at the house, even for a day.

She’d been leaving for a vacation with her friends on the French Riviera that evening, and his father was heading to a medical conference in London. He’d wanted them to pay attention. Only his mother had, he’d thought. He’d believed his father had been closeted in his office, on the phone, fielding called from his international office. Michael had thought he hadn’t even watched him. But he’d seen. He’d stood by a window on the second floor and had watched him.

“I was amazed…proud.”
You never know when your parents are watching and when they aren't Micheal... He noticed!!! :smiley:
Proud?” Why?” Michael asked warily.

“Would you let me see Jake?” he asked with what sounded like uncertainty in his voice.
I knew that was coming!!

“His last words were for me to tell his son he loved him. But I didn’t know anything about this man. I’d known him twenty years and knew his son’s name, but not where to find him. And I thought about what if it had been me dying. I wouldn’t want to have to tell someone else to relay those words to my son.” He fixed a look on Michael, one that used to root him to a spot.
Wow powerful!!

“I’ll see you Friday.”
You will need to thank Syd the next time that you see her, for making you go and visit with your father!! Otherwise you would have missed this chance

Awesome update, can't wait for the next chapter

A very touching update...I'm glad Michael agreed to to let his father meet Jake...Family is always important!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the pm....

That was great ... gald the at least got along and there wanst any yelling ... aww the came to an agreement ... see Syd was right ... glad Bill want to know Michael and Jake (hope he doesnt disopint them) ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Aww Vaughn and his dad are taking things slow!!!
-That's soo cute!!!
I'm glad Vaughn listened to Syd!!
-Great update!! Loved it!! Thanks for the pm!!

I really hope that Bill Vaughn is sincere in wanting to meet Jake and have a relationship with Michael. It would be so cruel if he was just making it up.
Thanks for the PM

Morning. :P

Here's the new chapter. Thanks for R & R and talk to you soon. Only 2 chapters and Epilogue left.

:smiley:

CJ

~Part 29.1~

Vaughn had called Jack earlier this morning and had asked him if they could meet for lunch. Jack gladly accepted and now, the two men were sitting at a corner table with a nice view of Central Park in the background.

Clearing his throat, Vaughn looked nervous. Scared to death would be more accurate as to how he felt inside. It’s not every day that you ask the father of the woman you love for their blessing.

“ Mr. Bristow, uh, the reason I asked you here today is to tell you that I want to ask Sydney to marry me, and I would really like your blessing.”

Jack looked at the man sitting in front of him and couldn’t help smiling at him. That’s why the poor guy was so nervous, he should have known.

“You love my daughter?” Jack asked, looking squarely at Vaughn.

“Very much, sir.” Vaughn smiled.

“And she loves you?” Jack asked.

“Yes, she does.”

“Look Mr. Bristow…” Vaughn started.

“Call me Jack.” Jack cut him off mid-sentence.

“Jack. I don’t think words are strong enough to fully express what I feel for your daughter. You see Sydney changed my life. Before she came along, I thought I was happy with where my life was headed. I was being the best father I could be to my son, Jake and the best doctor I could be to my patients…but Sydney made me see what was truly missing in my life. Love. Happiness. Trust. Forgiveness.” He paused.

“I’ve never been a very trusting person. Truth is, I never had great examples growing up but Sydney changed all of that. She gave me her heart fully and willingly and waited patiently for me to open up to her. She help me pulled down my walls and made me realized that she and I could build a nice future together.”

“ I think you underestimate the impact you’ve made in my daughter’s life. You see before you came along, Sydney was a little reserved about giving her heart away but I’ve seen you two together and all I can say is: Welcome to the family, Michael.”

“Thank you. It means a great deal to me that you’d approved.”

“Trust me, you would have asked her to marry you anyway…regardless of what I’d said.”

“Yes, I would have but it’s nice to see that we have Sydney’s happiness in common.”

“Isn’t that the way it is suppose to be?”

“Yes, it is.”

3 days later:

“When are you going out for lunch?” Sydney asked as soon as she came in.

“ I have to…”Francie went silent, her eyes widening at something behind Sydney. “Oh, my.”

Conversation in the room stopped. Heads swung toward the entrance. Slowly Sydney turned.

At the double glass doors, a beaming Jake stood beside Michael. Sydney thought she was seeing things. The cool Dr. Vaughn was carrying a bunch of bobbing balloons. One red bobbing in the air above Jake’s head bore a message: “Will you marry us?”

Francie was wide-eyed. “Syd, I think this is for you.”

Marry us. Consciously she had to draw a breath. Not taking her eyes off him and Jake, she moved forward.

“Hi, Sydney.” Jake held out the balloon string. “This is for you.”

A giggle rode on his voice, “It says…”

Michael touched his son’s shoulder. “Jake, I need to say some things to Sydney.”

Angling a glance toward the far end of the reception room, he nodded at Francie.

“Go with Francie for a few minutes.”

“Daddy…”

A smile flittered at his lips as he gave his son a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.

“I”ll do my best.”

Sydney found herself smiling. “Nice balloons.”

Taking her hand, he pressed his lips to her knuckles. “I thought…” He looked away to see Jake standing beside Francie.

Sydney had heard a noticeable roughness in his voice. “You thought…”

“I’ve been an idiot. I’m sorry.” With a look to the side, he frowned, seeming to notice then that they weren’t alone.

“I could do this somewhere more private, but I don’t want to wait to say this.

“I’m sorry, “he said, speaking low to keep their conversation between them.

She wanted to wrap her arms around him, but because they were surrounded by a few of their colleagues, she merely touched his arm.

“You said that.”

“No, I’m sorry about everything I said, about how dumb I’ve acted.” His eyes had sadness in them that she’d never seen before.

“I’ve said things, pushed you away, not because I didn’t love you, but because I did, because…”

Briefly, she looked away to stifled tears. “Michael.”

“No, wait. You deserve more. I’m not great at begging, but…”

She pressed her fingertips to his lips.

Gently he caught her hand and pressed his lips to her knuckles. “You were right, “he went on.” I made myself believe that I was like my parents.”

“You know you’re not, don’t you?” She asked him, looking deeply into his emerald green eyes.

“In the beginning, I was. They, my parents, were afraid to love, to open their hearts to anyone, not even each other. I guess I just thought that I would suffer the same fate.”

He took a step closer, lightly touching her waist. “But with you, I realized I have a chance at love, at everything I’ve never known. You’ve showed me how not to be afraid of love. I didn’t want to hurt you, I didn’t. But this was more about me… about my issues with my parents and especially with my father.”

The tightness in his voice twisted her heart. This was a proud man, one who’d restrained his feelings most of his life.

“I know.” She really understood. He’d been afraid to believe that anyone loved him. He hadn’t wanted to be hurt again. Her heart was swelling with her love for him and his son.

“I don’t give up easily.” Needing to touch him desperately, she placed her hand on his chest and felt the steady beat of his heart beneath her palm.

“I do love you, you know.”

He gathered her close to him.” I know. I love you, too, Sydney. And you mean everything to me.”

“And you mean everything to me, too, Michael. Never doubt that.” She bent her head, blinked away her tears.

“Sydney, don’t, “he begged in a whisper. “Don’t cry. All I want is to make you happy.”

“You already do, “she said, caressing his cheek.

Framing her face with his hands, he held it still. “You make me feel…”

“Special, “she finished for him. “I hope I make you feel that way. “She stared into his eyes. “Because you are special to me.”

In the slow way she’d always loved, his lips curved up in a smile. “No, it’s more than that. You make me believe anything is possible. I don’t know what I ever did to deserve you.” He fingered a strand of her hair. “I trust you with my son.” His eyes held hers. “My heart. And my love. You make me feel whole, “he said softly.

“I love you, Sydney. I love you in a way I never thought was possible.”

At last. Tears sprang to her eyes. Her heart full of joy, she stared up at the balloons. “Is that for real?”

Tenderly he caressed her cheek. “ Will you marry me?” And then presented her with the red box.

http://www.natalia-diamonds.com/GenImage.a...37%5cPic-07.jpg

“Yes. “She wrapped her arms around his neck. “Oh, yes.”

She knew that people were around, didn’t care. When he tugged her closer, she tilted up her face to meet his mouth. In his kiss was a message to love her forever. A message filled with all the tenderness and love he’d close his mind to. This was the best special delivery he could have given her. She wasn’t sure how long they kissed. The sound of clapping drew them apart. Sydney looked around, saw their friends smiling, happy for them. Drawing back, she winked at a beaming Jake.

“You know I love your son, don’t you?”

Humor danced in his gaze. “Just so you know. He’s talking about babies again.”

For a second she closed her eyes and gave thanks. All she’d ever wanted was hers.

“Maybe someday there’ll be more than the three of us.” Joy and love bubbled within her as she couldn’t stop smiling.

“The more, the better. “Softly he laughed against her cheek. “ I like babies.”

“I know, “she murmured beneath his lips, then kissed him again.

TBC

Ps: closer look at Sydney's ring: http://www.natalia-diamonds.com/GenImage.a...37%5cPic-01.jpg

PM List:

Addicted 2 alias
Ae_gurl293
albob
Aliasfan212
Aliaschick347
Alias_chick_47
Aliasobsessed89
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat

Ams4alias
Angel
ASIOagent
Atekamel
Blknight
Catfishally
Catpin
Cookiemonster
Cupcake55

Derevkointraining
fire*N*ice
grassyass
gtwallichs
Hannahb
invisible
Jadeygirl
JessicaAC
Julia47thorne
k-mila
KaliasGirl

Kate_14
Lady alias
les400coups
maddy28
MH55995

Michael_Vartan_Hottie
Mnkdance963
Mountaineer girl
Nancy o
Nicky_Bristow
PointguysGirl
Prediction 47
Shelley g.
Soccer22vartan
Sparklingrainbow
SweetiePie

SuperDuck123
SydneyMicheal
Sydofthesea
Tblash423
tubby
Tunita
ubielecki
Vartan-lova
Vaughnshoney

Wiseman
XMountineer02300844X

AWWW that was adorable!!! :love:
-I'm so glad Jack wasn't upset with Vaughn!!!!
And that proposal was so freakin' cute!!!
-I LOVED IT!!!!!
And dang almost beat the pm!!!! :D

Back