Stolen Lover

make this story have a happy ending!!

Wow, hold on a second there, don't jump too far ahead! We still have a long ways to go before there is an ending of any sort. You still don't know what plan I have up my sleave!!

:jawdrop: Dang, that was so good!! :D I seriously can't wait for chap. 8...hey that rhymes!! :lol: :P NEways, I am totally hooked on this story. Please write more as soon as you can. :D
-Karie-

Alright, sorry for the long wait, here is chapter 8!! I hope you all enjoy it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 8
~~~~~~~~~~~

Irina held her breath, amazed and filled with horror. She held the machine in her hand, her finger above the save button. They couldn't get rid of this, it could prove useful. She didn't dare play it again. For Sydney's sake.
Sydney must've been trying with everything she had to hold in her tears. She had on her deadly face that she had inheritted from her father. Revenge was clearly on her mind. "You told me Sloane wouldn't kill him." Sydney stated plainly.
Derevko shook her head. A begging, pleaing look in her eyes. "He's not dead."
"Of course he's not!" Sydney snapped. She sighed heavily. "Sorry."
"Don't be sorry, Sydney." Her mother said. "Vaughn, as I said, isn't dead. They only want you to think that. That, or they might have shot him in the leg, or something."
Sydney didn't look much like she was paying attention. She was looking at Irina, but her eyes looked dazed, like she was somewhere else. Like they were dead. Her mind was greatly occupied.
"Sydney?" Her mother tried to get her attention.
Sydney's eyes snapped alive, and she looked, really looked at Irina. Her eyes burning with a deadly flame. "I'll kill him. And Sark, and Kane. I'll kill them all mom."
"Sydney wait a minute!"
"No!" She shot back, stepping closer to the glass. "They deserve it! All of them! Especially Sloane!"
Derevko looked hard at her daughter. "Despite how much they all deserve it, if you do it Sydney, you'll be as ruthless as they are."
Sydney shook her head. "No, death is too good for them." Irina gave her and unreadable look. "Besides, I'm tired of Sloane thinking I'm a weak little girl. That he can get to me so easily."
Irina nodded. "I can understand that.'"
"Then you'll understand why I'm going to kill him and Sark as soon as I find Vaughn." Sydney replied coldly.
Sighing, Derevko put the message player in the safe box. "You better show that to your father."
Sydney gave her a glare. "I'm not talking to him. I don't even want to look at his face!" She took in a deep breath, looking at her feet. "I can't , and I don't want to."

There was something wrong. The way she was walking and acting. And the look on her face. Something had happened, and he had to know. Slowly, quietly, he followed her out to the parking garage. She pulled out her keys to open her car. "Sydney." His low, echoing voice made her pause. He was no more than a few feet away. "Something's obviously bothering you."
She didn't look at him, and she opened the car door. "I'm not talking to you."
Jack was startled, and he looked that way. "Why is that?"
"Why do you think?" She snapped, glaring at him with disgust and hate.
Jack hesitated, then with a calm voice he spoke. "Sydney, I already told you, I did everything I could to-"
"Stop lying to me!" She hissed with a whisper. "You would rather die than help Vaughn. We both know it. You can't trick me that way anymore. I've seen how you work, I know how you think." She shook her head. "You never helped Vaughn. If I had a gun pointed at your head, you still wouldn't!" She glared at him one lkat time, then quickly got in her car and started the engine. Jack watched her as she drove away.

"Vaughn!" She scream, panicking. She bolted up, her eyes darting around. When she saw that it was twelve-thirty at night, and she was in her room, she took a deep breath and put her hand on her forehead. She got up and went into her bathroom to wet a washcloth with cold water.
Then came a soft knock on her bedroom door. "Syd? Are you okay?" It was Will.
"I'm fine." She called back, wipping her hot skin with the cloth.
Will was suddenly in her bathroom doorway. "I heard you screaming...for Vaughn." Sydney stood still, holding the cloth to her face. "Syd, is he...Is he still gone?"
Sydney wet the cloth more. She didn't look at him as she answered grimly. "Yes."
It was quiet for a minute. Will didn't know what to say or do. He nervously licked his lips. "Look, I hate to say it, but, don't you think he could be dead? I mean, he's been...gone...a while..." He stopped all together when Sydney's bone-chilling stare hardened, and she looked like she was going to kill him.
She glared at him even harder. "He's not dead. Do you understand me? He's not!"
"Okay, Syd, I'm sorry." Will appologized.
Sydney put her hands on the sink, staring into it. "Please leave." She whispered.
Will took a step toward her. "Syd-"
"Please!" She screamed, squeezing her eyes shut. She slumped against the wall and started to cry. "Please just leave me alone!" She cried out in agony. Quietly Will left her in the bathroom. She slid down to the floor, still crying. "Leave Vaughn alone." She whispered.

He impatiently stormed down the hall. His daughter's stobborness was making him mad. She should not be pushing him aside, he is her father! And this search for Vaughn, he had no idea it was going to go this way. He honestly didn't think that Sydney was that, or even a little in love with Vaughn. He didn't like it, not one bit.
He glared at Derevko as she walked to the glass. She wasn't helping much. She was helping Sydney, encouraging her. Irina studied him, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Sydney seemed a little upset today." Jack stated plainly. His face wasn't so cold.
Irina shrugged. "I would be too if the man I loved was kidnapped twice and tortured. And if my father was a part of it."
They stared each other down in momentary silence. Jack's face was now back to normal, stone. "That's not what I'm talking about. Something more recent happened."
"And you expect me to tell you?" Derevko asked surprised.
"Yes."
She shook her head. "I'm sorry Jack. But you've proven that you don't care about Agent Vaughn. So, what happened is strictley Sydney's buisness."
Enraged, Jack stepped closer to the glass. "I will not be pushed aside!" He yelled in frusteration.
Irina narrowed her eyes at him. "I don't see why it bothers you so much. You want Vaughn out of Sydney's life anyway."
"I will not allow Sydney to act on stupidity." Jack replied, anger toning his voice.
With a hint of a smile, Irina shrugged. "You don't have a choice. Sydney's a grown women, Jack. She can, and will make her own decisisons."
Jack clamped his jaw down tight. He lowered his voice to a threatening tone. "You will regrett this." Pouting, he walked away. Irina watched him go, with a smile on her face.

Sydney pulled up into her driveway, the events of the day, and others, shaking her up. She sat in the car for a minute, her hands still on the steering wheel. All she could think about was Vaughn. She missed seeing him every day. Calling him, meeting him, hearing him. She wanted him, badly.
She shook her head, wipped at her eyes and got out of her car. She sniffed as she pulled her keys from her purse. As she stuck the key into the keyhole, she thought of what it would be like to come home to Vaughn everyday. She sadly smiled to herself as she walked into her house.
Setting her keys and purse on the table, she noticed a large envelope with a not attached to it. Curiosity getting to her, she reached over for it. The note was in Francie's writting.
Syd-
This package came for you in the mail today. I'll be at work 'till late tonight.
-Francie

Sydney put the note down and held the envelope out in front of her. She studied it, remembering her last package. This one was bulky, heavy. She carefully felt it with her hands, trying to figure it out. She began to peel the seal, then she stopped.
She couldn't do it, she wouldn't. There was no way. She didn't want to see what new gift Sloane had sent her. She wouldn't be able to handle it. Not more, not again. But what would she do with it?

"I got this in the mail." sydney reported, presenting the package to her mother. "I won't open it, I can't." Derevko stood there, listening to Sydney, watching her. Her daughter's expression was hard and all buisness. "I don't want to know what Sloane is doing to Vaughn. I can't take it." There was a slight catch in her voice.
"So, what do you want me to do?" Irina asked curiosly.
Licking her lips, Sydney shook her head. "I don't know. I-I just, I don't know what to do with it. As much as I want to destroy it, I can't bring myself to do taht. Not with the possibility that it could help, in some odd way."
Irina softly nodded. "That makes sense. As much as I know you don't want to do this Sydney, I suggest you give it to your father."
Sydney stood still, staring at her mother. Irina waited in suspense, anticipating her daughters response. At first, Sydney slightly opened her mouth, then she bit her lip. "Okay."

What would Vaughn say? Would he tell her that it would be a good idea to take it to her father? Or would he tell her to keep it from him? Or, maybe he wold tell her to let him open it. She didn't know, but she wished her were here.
So she had to make her own decision. Despite how mcuh she hated her father, the only thing she could do was give it to him. She didn't want to, second to more than anything, she didn't want to. She didn't want to see his face, hear his voice, hear or see his name. She hated him, and she wanted him to know that.
Putting on her face that could kill, she slowly approached him at his desk. She loudly slapped the envelope on his desk. Startled, he turned and looked at her.
Sydney glared at Jack. "Sloane sent me this. I won't open it, I can't. I won't be able to handle the torture they're putting Vaughn through. But I know you can." Still glaring at him, she turned and walked away.
Jack looked up from her to the envelope. He picked it up and began to open it. He looked inside, and pulled out a video tape.

"Have you moved in yet?"
"No, but don't rush me."
"If you don't do it in the next twelve hours, you'll regrett the delay."
"Yes Sir."

Jack quietly closed the door behind him and locked it. He walked over to the TV, pulled out the tape, and popped it into the VCR. He stepped back, turned on the TV, and started the tape.
It was dark, but he could see a very battered up Vaughn. And Sark, with some sort of control in his hand. He flipped a switch, and Vaughn let out a scream as his body was jolted with electricity. Then the screen went blank, and then it showed Vaughn once again with Sark. Jack actually didn't like what he saw in Sark's hand. A torch, and Sark slowly brought it down to Vaughn's stomach. Jack winced as the man of his daughter's life screamed in pain. The screen went black again, and cut to a man, reaching pliers into Vaughn's mouth. Vaughn's feet kicked and scrambled around. Once again the screen went black, the taped stopped, and Jack sat there still watching the screen.

So, what do you think? I am working on Chapter 9. Hopefully I'll get it up faster than I did, Chapter 8. Please let me know what you think! ^_^

NO........................Poor Vaughn! I can't believe what Sark is doing! :angry: He deserves to die. Jack what an ass! I can't believe he wont help! Anyway, great job. You have me hooked, and you better post more soon! I'm dying :eek:

Lauren :angelic:

I CAN'T BELIEVE JACK CAN JUST WATCH THAT!!!!!!! I was cringing, and I was just visualizing it in my head! Sniffle...sniffle....how could that --- Sark do that to him?!?!?! Gosh....I'm breaking down into tears again....sniffle...sniffle...I need Vaughn.... :(

But the story was absolutely wonderful, as always! That really must have been a punch in the gut for Jack, Syd going to Irina instead of himself.

LOL I'm sorry that I'm causing you so much pain. I hate to do it myself, but then I just think, hey, it's not real!! Alias isn't even real!!! And then I think of Michael sitting at home, nice and safe!!! But you're right, I have read stories myself that have seriously made me cry. So I can understand your pain. But don't have a heart attack on me!!

thank you for feeling my pain. but ALIAS IS REAL TO ME I DONT CARE WHAT EVERYONE SAYS!!!!!ALIAS IS REAL!!!!!!!!!! *or maybe its because im too obsessed???* well post more soon please. and please let them save vaughn before STUPID, IDIOTIC, @$$HOLE SARK KILLS HIM!!!.

AHHHHH!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! HOW CAN U DO THAT TO VAUGHN!?!!?!?!? HOW MUCH PAIN CAN ONE DUDDE TAKE!?!?!!? AFTER ALL OF TRHAT HES STILL ALIVE!?!?!?!? NOO!!!!!VAGUHN BABY!!!

I seriously winced when I read that part about Vaughn. I felt so bad for him, but I know Alias will make things right! You're an awesome writer and you know it!

btvaughn said:
I seriously winced when I read that part about Vaughn.  I felt so bad for him, but I know Alias will make things right!  You're an awesome writer and you know it!
My thoughts exactly!! Great story!! Seriously can't wait for the next chapter!! :D Please post soon!!
Sydney needs to kick some major bootay!!

:starwars:
-Karie-

I totally agree, Syd really needs 2 kick some British Sark butt, and while she's doing that, i think Jack needs some ass kickin by Irina, he's soooo nasty not doing anything about Vaughn! GRRRR
K offtopic, but i really love that star wars smiley! its soooo cool! so yeah, syd VS sark! go syd! :starwars:

*~Loz~* :blondewig:

Back