The End Is No Where Near!

Wow, glad you guys like it. Thanks for your reply's your so sweet! I write more very soon, I promise. Maybe tomorrow, but for now, I have to go to work. Darn! :angry: Till the next post :D

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

Well, I don't want you guys to fret, so I was up late finishing this chapter, so I can bring it to you. I hope you like :smiley:

Chapter 12- The Condition

(CIA plane, back to LA)

Sydney is holding Vaughn's hand. He is laying down, still unconscious. It killed her to leave him for one minute when the doctor forced her to. As soon as he let her back in, she ran to Vaughn and didn't leave him again. She just kept kissing his hand, and kept repeating...

"Please make it through this....I need you"

Outside the doctor gave Jack the update on Vaughn's condition.

"Mr. Bristow"

"Yes, doctor?" He asked back

"I finished my examination on Mr. Vaughn. It's not looking very good." He finishes sadly

Jack looks at Sydney in the bedroom grabing Vaughn's hand for dear life. He turns back to the doctor.

"What's the matter with him?" He asks

"Until we get him to the hospital, I can't tell you exactly what is wrong with him. His pluse is very weak, and his heartrate is slowing down by the minute. If we don't get him to a hospital within the hour, I'm afraid he wont make it."

Jack looks down, and then back up. "Thank you doctor."

The doctor nods his head, and then goes to the other lower half of the plane. Weiss comes running over to Jack to hear the news.

"What's the news Jack?"

Jack keeps his eyes focused on Sydney. "How much longer to LA?" Jack asks back.

Weiss shakes his head "About another twenty minutes, why?"

"If we don't get Vaughn to a hospital within the hour, he wont make it."

Jack leaves it at that, and walks into the room where Sydney and Vaughn are. He walks up to Sydney, and puts his hand on her shoulder.

"How's he doing?"

Her cracked voice comes through, and her tears also play apart. She keeps her attention on Vaughn.

"I don't know dad. Sometimes it takes him a lot longer to breath, and I'm scared he's not going to make it.(She wipes her eyes, and wipes away her sniffles) What did the doctor say?"

Jack let's his hand fall off her shoulder, and he doesn't say anything.

"Dad, what did the doctor say?" She repeats again.

He clears his throat "He will be fine Sydney. We just need to get him to a doctor, that's all." He looks down

Sydney watches him put his head down. More tears form her eyes. "It's bad isn't it?"

Jack doesn't respond again.

"That's what I thought." She says not even above a whisper.

"Sydney....."

She cuts in "Dad, I would like to be alone please. I just want to be with Vaughn right now, please....."

He looks down, and then back up. "Sure! If you need me I will be outside."

Jack walks out of the bedroom, and back into the plane. He watches his daughter from a distance, and can't help but feel for her. Her sadness, wants to make him break down and cry for her. He never liked Vaughn that much, until this very moment. He knew that Vaughn was the olny one good enough to deserve her. Jack found himself doing something he hasn't done in years, praying.

"How did it go?" Irina asks Sark

"It went as planned. Danny is no longer a problem." He answers back

"What about Sydney and Mr. Vaughn?"

Sark smiles "They made it out. Now whether they are alive are not, is a different story."

"What?" She asks scared

"One of the blue syringes was missing from our weapons count."

"Was the antidote taken with it?"

"No, Danny really wanted somebody dead.(He pauses) Irina, please tell me that your not going to send the antidote?"

"Of course not! You think I care if he lives?"

"No, but I think you care if Sydney does."

Irina doesn't respond, they just stare at each other.

(CIA Headquarters)

While Vaughn was rushed to medical services along with Sydney, Jack reported back to Kendall.

"Well you didn't catch Derveko, but you took down Mr. Hect, and brought back our two most valuable assets. Good job Jack."

Jack just walks away from Kendall, leaving him stunned. He had more important things to worry about, then hearing Kendall right now. Tomorrow would be another day for that. Right now, his daughter needed him.

(CIA Hospital)

While Sydney was outside in the waiting room, Vaughn was getting tested. Weiss was sitting right next to her, trying to comfort her in anyway possible.

"He will be ok Syd. He's a fighter just like you."

She doesn't say anything. She looks at the ring on her finger, and smiles. Her smile fades again when she looks around the room, and sees a wife being told her husband had just died. She can see how the women is trying to act strong, but in the end it just hits her, and she falls to the ground. Tears come to her eyes, and she looks at Weiss. Weiss looks back.

"No Sydney, don't think that way, Mike isn't dead. You have to think positive. He will make it."

She just nods. She falls into the arms of Weiss, and he pats her on the back. A million thoughts are going through her head, but she is easily interupted.

"Ms. Bristow" The doctor the calls out

Weiss let's go of her, and she stands up immediately.

"Yes, that's me, how is he?" She asks impatient

"Actually, I would like to discuss this in a more private place if you don't mind."

She doesn't move. Why does he want her to go to another room? Why, so she wont make a scene when they tell her he's dead. No, she wont move, she wants to know now, not in some room.

She yells "Why, so you don't want me to make a scene when you tell me you lost him."

"Miss Bristow, no I........"

She cuts in "Just tell me please......I have to know.....just...tell." Her sobs don't even let her finish.

The doctor cuts back in "Ms. Bristow, I understand the position your in right now, but I didn't ask you to another room to hide your grief. Mr. Vaughn is stable for right now, but I would like to talk to you about his condition in private if you don't mind?"

She wipes some more tears away, and looks up. "I'm sorry! Yes, we can move to a more private room."

Sydney, Weiss, and the Doctor move to a more private room.

Jack makes his way down to the holding cell to were Sloane is. Sloane hears the doors opening, and awaits to see who comes into view. He smiles when he sees who has come for a vist. Jack walks up to the glass with an angry face.

"Any luck finding Sydney?" Sloane asks curious

He shakes his head "I don't by for one second that you care.(He pauses) Yes, I did find Sydney and Mr. Vaughn too."

He smiles "Irina had Danny setup didn't she?"

"I'm not shocked." He says back

"Neither am I?" Sloane says back

"Look, I'm not here to start a one-on-one conversation with you. I need something from you." He demands

He laughs "You need something from me. What makes you so sure that I would help you in anyway. I mean how could I help you behind these bars."

Jack moves closer to the glass "You claim that you loved Sydney like she was your own."

He cuts in "I do"

He cuts in angry "Then you will help me then."

He looks away "I'm not sure if I can Jack."

He gets angry "What was that blue liquid in the syringe that you had?"

"Blue liquid? What are you talking about Jack?" Sloane asks confused

Jack slams his fist on the glass " You were manufacturing a weapon, a blue liquid in a syringe. Just before we showed up, Danny injected one into Vaughn. What was in the syringe."

"It doesn't matter now!" He shouts back

He yells louder "What do you mean it doesn't matter?"

"That blue liquid that Danny injected into Vaughn's system was (**I'm making this up guys**) Moxyallenpointe."

Jack looks confused "What is that?"

He let's out a breath "It was a new drug that we were testing for our new weapons. Once it enters the blood stream, it one-by-one attacks all the organs in the body shuting them down. It will kill them within twenty four hours."

Jack back off from the glass "Is there an antidote?"

He doesn't respond.

Jack get's more angry "Is there an antidote?"

"Yes, there is. If you get the anitdote in time, you can reverse the whole drug, and the persons organs will be restored back to normal. It will be like nothing had ever happened to them. They will just have a huge headache in the morining."

Jack just stares at him. He turns and quickly runs away

(CIA Hospital)

"What do you mean you don't know what is exactly wrong with him?" Sydney cries out

"We don't know Ms. Bristow, we have never seen this before."

She yells back more impatient "Well what's happening to him now?"

He looks at her "We ran some tests, and the test results came back. You said that Mr. Vaughn was injected with some sort of drug. Am I correct?"

"Yes, you are. What did the results say?" She asks

He let's out a breath "Ms. Bristow, I......"

"What did they say?" She yells louder

"Whatever drug that Mr. Vaughn was injected with, is slowly killing every organ in the body. One-by-one the drug is killing him. Unless there is some sort of antidote to this drug, Mr. Vaughn is going to die."

Sydney's eyes water up with tears, and her voice all cracked "How long?"

He pauses "At his rate, and the condition he's in, I give him twenty-four hours. I'm so sorry Ms. Bristow."

"Twenty-four hours" She repeats in a whisper

"You can see him now if you like. It would be good for him, if the people he cares about were with him, in these last couple of hours. I'm sorry, but I have to get back to patients, if you need me the nurse with page me. Once again I'm am truly sorry Ms. Bristow.....Mr. Weiss."

"Thank you doctor" Weiss responds

The doctor excuses himself, and leaves. Sydney is sitting there stunned.

"Weiss this is a nightmare. This can't be happening, not Vaughn, not us. Where am I going to find the antidote? Where am I going to even look? Is it even going to work?" She cries louder

"Sydney, I think you should take the doctor's advice, and just spend time with Vaughn."

She looks at him in horror "Iam not going to just give up. I am not going to sit there, and act like there's not hope. Vaughn needs me, and I wont leave him. I am going to find that antidote."

"Your right Syd, Vaughn does need you. He needs you right now. He needs you to be by his side, and tell him you love him. Let me worry about the antidote, and you worry about keeping Vaughn alive. He needs you more, then you running out and finding the antidote. He needs to know your there."

"I know Weiss. I know he needs me, but I need him too. I can't just sit there and watch him get worse and worse. I can't watch that. I have to go out and look."

"Sydney, for once in your life don't fight against the bad guys. Let me fight it. You fight for love. I think it would be good if you saw Vaughn right now."

She doesn't have the strength to fight Weiss anymore. She just wants Vaughn. She wants his arms around her, and to tell him he loves her.

"Ok" Weiss and Sydney make there way down the hall.

They reach his room, and Weiss stops at the doorway.

"I'll be outside if you need me, ok."

She nods, and Weiss leaves. She looks at Vaughn laying there so peacefully. A singal tear rolls down here cheek. She pulls up a chair, and sits next to him. She grabs his hand. Ice. She plants her warm lips on his hand, and kisses him. She looks back up, and notices all the tubes and his heart monitor. It slowly beeps. She clears her throat.

"Vaughn...(she pauses) No, I'm going to get this right. Michael...mmm(She smiles) Michael....I love that name. I wonder why I never called you by that very often. I guess Vaughn always stuck with me.(She pauses again) I spoke with the doctor, and he said that your going to be ok. He said you would make it through this......or at least that's what I know is going to happen.(More tears come to her eyes) I remember the day we meet. I was a mess, but you....you were so sweet to me. You didn't judge me, or turn your back on me. You were my friend.(she pauses) I remember my father once asked me, how come I could only come to you when I have a problem.(She clears up some sniffles, and more tears fall) And I told him, because you... you were my guardain angel. That I could trust you. You gave me everything Michael, everything I ever wanted. You cared about me instead of the rules. You trusted me, even if your heart told you no, you did it anyway just for me. You would save me from the bad guys. My prince! I did lie to you, I did have that fantasy about the white knight coming to rescue me. It was you! You saved me from evil, and even myself."

She cires louder, and hears the singal heart monitor beep.She waits until she at least regains herself again. She goes on.......

"So many nights I called you. No matter what time it was, you came. you sat there, and you listen to me. You let me cry on your shoulder, and you told me everything was going to be ok. I wish so bad, that you could hold me, and tell me that its going to be ok. I need you to tell me Michael. (She pauses) I loved you from the first day that I saw you. Your smile, I told Francie your smile would be the death of me. If you died, that would be the death of me. Your everything to me Michael. I didn't know that you can love someone has much as I love you. Your the air that makes me breath. Your the reason I get up in the morning, and the reason I go to bed at night. You were the reason I didn't quit, when things got tough, and your the reason I got a second chance at love, real love. I just found you, and I don't want to lose you. Please stay with me, stay...(She pauses) I love you, I love you more then my own life. There's no reason for me to live, if there is no you.(She pauses) I'm calling you again Michael, I need your shoulder to cry on. I need you to tell me what I want to hear. Tell me you are going to stay, tell me you love me. That's all I want.."( She looks at his face, and then cries into his hand.)

As she is crying, she hears grunts. She hears the montior beeping faster. She picks up her head, and clears her sniffles. She sees Vaughn shifting.

"Michael......can it be..."

She can see him trying to move his mouth. She goes to his face, grabs it with her two hands, and looks him dead in the eyes.

"Michael speak to me honey....what are you trying to say." She says franticlly.

"For....ev.......er.............I........wi......l......l.......l.....ov....
e......yo.....u!"He whispers

"Michael......Michael please speak to me, come on!"

His heart monitor beeps out of contorl, and then you hear one long tone.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........." She cries

Doctors rush in, and push her out. She tries to fight, she wants to stay with him, but she loses. Shes forced out, out of his room. Maybe for the last time. She gives in, and collapses in the hallway.

(20 Minutes later)

Sydney wakes up screaming. "Michael no.........Stay.....stay...." She cries

Her father and Weiss are there, and try and clam her down.

"Syd, it's ok. Shh.... it's ok." Weiss says

She looks around the room, and remembers what happened.

"Is Michael ok, is he.....he..."

Jack turns around "We don't know yet Sydney. The doctor hasn't come out yet."

Just in time the doctor comes out, and Sydney runs off the couch, and up to him.

"Tell me, is he ok....is he ok."

"Calm down Ms. Bristow. We were able to stable him for now. (Everybody sighs in relief) He has just taken a turn for the worst. It's almost completely done killing the liver, and the next one will be his heart."

Sydney is crying so hard, that her legs are going to give away. Weiss sees this, and holds on to her for support.

"How much longer does he have?" Jack asks

"At this moment in time, a hour. Maybe even less."

Sydney passes out into Weiss arms. Jack and Weiss look at each other, not knowing what they should do.

Note: Hey guys, I hope you liked it. I know, I know! Don't kill me for the cliff hangers sorry! And don't kill me for the Vaughn thing either! :blush:

Love ya,

please don't kill vaughn, if you kill off vaughn what's a good fic for? please don't kill vaughn great chapt post more ASAP

I thought you guys would like that. don't worry, I will post chapter 13 up tomorrow. :D I guess you will have to wait until then, to see if he lives or dies :eek: Don't worry, be happy! :D I know I bet your like, ok he better live, or else. Wait and see.

Love ya,

ok now i think my evilness is catching on to you, itleast according to A.I.C. i'm evil and i make fun of everyone eventhough it's mean to make them wait

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>really great story, this is the one i look for when i check the site. just please don't let vaughn die, although i have a feeling you won't or you would be attacked by all of us crazy s/v shippers! haha j/k, great story, really! :D </span>

this is great. but could i be crying any harder? i don't think so. please update soon. i can't take cliffhangers. i'm so loving it!

this is great. but could i be crying any harder? i don't think so. please update soon. i can't take cliffhangers. i'm so loving it!

Back