Season 2 True Love

Romantically, who's love seems truest? deepest?

• Jack's love for Irina

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Irina's love for Jack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arvin's love for Emily

• Emily's love for Arvin

• Vaughn's love for Sydney

• Sydney's love for Vaughn

• Total voters
I thought the relationship between sloane and emily was so sweet, through everything. I know all you "vaughn + syd 4 EVA" people cant get enuff of that stuff, but to me, the more romantic love was shared by emily and arvin... I wasnt even mad at emily when she told sloane about the bug... i was just like... get out of there!! be happy, be safe!!!

To me, jack and irenas love is just... there, lingering, but neither of them can admit it. and in the case of vaughn and and syd its like... half sexual, half 'two people whos life is mostly work meet and decide they wouldnt mind seeing each other outside of work.' Know what i mean? Sure in 30 years they might have what emily and arvin have... not now tho.

thanks lenkid
Sloane's socalled love for emily disgusts me. bleh. if he loved her then he wouldnt have lied to her in the first place.

In this episode it really hit me how much Sloane loved Emily. Sydney and Vaughn love each other too, I know, but for some reason in this episode I thought Sloane's love for Emily was even greater.

In this episode, Sloane's love for Emily was so deep and true. That really hit me hard. You definitely saw a lot of emotion from Sloane in this episode.

Sloane really did love Emily. Even in that cold little heart of his--he loved her. Ron Rifkin really deserves an award for this episode. He did an absolutely wonderful job!

syd_spy47 said:
Sloane really did love Emily. Even in that cold little heart of his--he loved her. Ron Rifkin really deserves an award for this episode. He did an absolutely wonderful job!
I was a little shocked that the death of his wife didnt just totally break sloane right then and there! I mean... its obviously hes broken inside, now... but given what he was saying inside the house, i almost believed he would just lay down and die right next to her. Hes seriously gunna have a super hate-on for the cia, and dixon expecially... which adds a nice sort of depth to the show. "you were a great and loyal agent until you killed my wife... thanks a lot!"

I dont understand why dixon didnt fire again when sloane was briefly mourning his wife... other than the fact he probly didnt wanna look like the crazy sniper gunning down everyone. :smiley: I dont think dixon will beat himself up much about it... i mean, a little... and it'll fuel his passion for getting sloane. They just need to throw some more hero senerios his way, cuz hes had it ruff.

Give Sydney and Vaughn time, they've just began their love will grow, I mean they haven't been together for 30 some years like Sloane and Emily but I think Vaughn would be pretty broken if Dixon accidentally shot Sydney!!

technosquid said:
To me, jack and irenas love is just... there, lingering, but neither of them can admit it.
Arvin and Emily were devoted to each other for a period of 30 years. To each other. Their relationship has stood the test of time. And obviously, Sloane loved her deeply.

Meanwhile, to describe Jack's love for Irina as mere lust simply because his love may or may not be returned simply is not fair. He said that he and Sloane shared a similar "devotion to our wives"--the depth of emotion in his voice was unmistakable, and it most certainly was not lust. If it was only lust that he feels for Irina, how could he hold onto her memory so tenaciously--in the face of betrayal and death--for 20 years? Despite the fact that he hedged his bets, Jack did in fact give Irina the chance to prove herself and his heartbreak at her renewed betrayal was genuine. In fact, Jack's continued love and forgiveness for his wife (he still has not initiated annulment proceedings, has he?) could be interpreted as more romantic as that of Arvin and Emily because his love has suffered privation and setback that Arvin's certainly has never had to face. In "Page 47," Jack's concern for Emily was very noticeable, and he seemed to feel that it was a little bit of a slip--I think he felt a kinship with Emily, who had a similar unknowing relationship with her husband that he had with his wife, and a deep envy of Sloane because he had from Emily the return of love that Jack so desperately needed himself.

Irina's love for Jack has not been sufficiently defined, and whatever is there is primarily in the mind of the viewer. In any case, I find it hard to place her love first because of the way she has treated her loved one. She may send Sydney messages, but has she ever given Jack--the man she supposedly loves--such consideration. Whoever voted for Irina's love for Jack, could they please let me know why?

Ah, Sydney and Vaughn. Well, they're together, aren't they? Like Arvin and Emily, they haven't suffered the tests of a great romance--even the test of time, in this case. We can't tell in their case yet. We have to see if this shapes into a great romance or not. All we have now is your-mom-killed-my-dad and Vaughn won't even face that yet.

Gee, I wonder where I put my vote? Romance suggests a love that survives difficuties and suffers privations. It suggests great sacrifice. Arvin was willing to sacrifice his quest and forgive his wife's betrayal, yes. Yet he knows for a fact that Emily returns his love. Jack faced the fact of Irina's betrayal and her death and loves her still--and cannot know for certain that his love is returned. Irina certainly can be certain where Jack's affections lie--she was counting on it, wasn't she? There is a tragic intensity to Jack's situation which makes his the more romantic, in my opinion.
;)

i agree not really one or the other syd and vaughn's love for each other is true it's not really one or the other.

i picked emilys love for sloane, becuse to love a man after all of what he has done, that is love!
but i also think syd love for vaughn and vaughn's love for syd is just as deep(she let irina and sark get away for him and he overlooks her mom!)

I picked Sloane's love for his wife. Think about it, he gave up everything else for her, and then also Rambaldi. And he's is OBSESSED with Rambaldi! I'd like to say Syd and Vaughn, but one thing: their relationship is just starting, and although we all know they love each other, we don't know to what extent.

I think that Emily's love for Sloane is the truest and deepest or was... I think that Syd and Vaughn's love still has to grow, they love each other but I think that they are still in that "lust" stage. Emily and Sloane had a mature love, and come on Emily put up with alot!!!

despite the fact that i am so a vaughn and syd shipper i think sloane reaolly loves emily.....i mean he got rid of all the stuff for her and he looked really hurt when she was shot.....i still think that syd and vaughn are like the best couple but sloane loves emily a whole lot more

Back