UNFORGETTABLE

Lee, I was staring at your avatar for.... too long. Damn , that's hot :P

A/n This chapter is going to be short, but I am already working on the next one. Thanks everyone who reviewed and welcome to the new readers!!! As much as I would like to update twice a day that is impossible not only because I would run out of ideas but also because I don’t have enough time. I will update every time I can, but expect at least one update a week. I’ll try hard to do more, I promise. :D

CHAPTER 4: ANGEL WORDS

Vaughn checked in at the hotel and went to his room. He got off his coat and started pacing around the room. Finally he picked up the phone and dialled a familiar number.

“Weiss” he heard at the other end of the phone.

“Hi Eric, it is me”

“Mike, hi… how are you doing?” he asked concerned

“ I… I am fine”

“Have you talked to her?”

“No, I’ve just checked in at a hotel”

“Oh. And what are you planning……?”

Vaughn sighed. “I don’t know, I don’t even know what am I doing here” he said as he lay on the bed staring at the ceiling. “Before she left, she made it perfectly clear that she didn’t want to see me ever again”

FLASHBACK

VAUGHN: Syd wait, you don’t have to leave like this. I know things are so messed up right now, but we….. we can work this out.

SYDNEY: No, Vaughn. I can’t stay. I can’t do this. Among all the people in my life you were the one that I thought would never do anything to hurt me. And you are the person that has hurt me the most. When someone else did something to me ….. I was able to keep going because you were always there for me. Now that is different. That is why I have to do this alone (she starts crying)

VAUGHN: Syd…. Please, don’t leave. I am still here for you. I am always gonna be.

SYDNEY: Everything is different now! You are not mine anymore. I can’t cry on your shoulder anymore, I can’t call you in the middle of the night, I can’t expect you to hold me and kiss me….. You have a wife now Vaughn. And I have to go away. Start over. It is no secret where I am going but I don’t want you to EVER contact me in any way, and I don’t want to see you EVER again agent Vaughn.

END OF FLASHBACK

Those were the last words Vaughn heard from Sydney and that was the last time he saw her. Eric’s voice brought him back to reality.

“But things have changed since she left”

“I know, but when she sees me she would probably kill me before I have the chance to tell her anything.”

Weiss chucked and then said. “ I talked with Will and ….”

“Did you tell him I came here?” Vaughn asked alarmed.

“No, relax. I didn’t tell anyone. You wouldn’t want daddy Bristow finding out. Don’t worry, I covered you pretty well. No-one is gonna find out. Anyway, as I was saying … I talked to Will. Apparently he keeps in touch with Syd. They talk by phone once in a while.”

“Yeah, I knew that…”

“Well the point is that Tippin said that Sydney seems to be doing very well. He said she seems happy and that she is carrying a peaceful, uneventful life.”

“And here I come to disturb her peace” said Vaughn sadly

“You can always come back you know. She will never find out you were there”

Vaughn thought it was odd that Weiss was trying to dissuade him from talking to Sydney. “No” he said with determination “I came all this way. I don’t want to leave things unresolved”

“Ok. I understand…..” said Weiss “…But Michael….”

“Yeah?”

“Will also mentioned…. That… that she was seeing someone. He said that she was happy and that they were quite serious…. I am sorry to tell you that….”

Vaughn felt a deep pain in his chest. But he had already considered that as a possibility. It would have been naïve not to. Of course Sydney had moved on. But it still hurt and unconsciously he was already thinking of 101 ways of torturing the guy as soon as their pads cross. Finally he controlled himself and spoke sincerely.

“That was to be expected. I just want her to be happy. I didn’t came here to ask anything from her. I have no expectations. I just need to see her, talk to her. I need to tell her how much I love her, that I still care for her and always will. I want to make sure that she knows that whenever she is in trouble she can come to me for help” he sighed heavily “I don’t want that fight to be the last time we speak, our last memory after all we’ve been through. If I can’t be with her…. I want her to remember me and be sure of how great my love for her was…..”

A few seconds passed before Weiss spoke again. “Wow dude…. You really got it bad for the Bristow girl” Vaughn rolled his eyes “You have to talk to her and tell her everything you told me”

“I’ll try. But what am I supposed to do? Just show up at her doorstep?. I don’t think she would take that very well….”

“Why don’t you just call her?”

“I am afraid she will get mad and tell me that she doesn’t want hear from me and to go back to L.A….. But yeah, I guess I’ll have to call her….. Unless……”

“Unless what?”

“I met this girl at a restaurant and she invited me to a party tomorrow night…..”

“Wait, I am not following you. What are you saying? That you decided to let Sydney go and that you are gonna hook up with some girl from her town instead?!” Weiss sid puzzled.

“No! That is not what I am saying! The thing is that this girl said that EVERYONE in town is going to be there. Are you following me now?”

“Yes… It would be so much luck if you casually ran into Sydney at that party…”

“Exactly. It would be a public place so she won’t kick my as*” They laughed a little. “And nobody even has to know that we knew each other before. I will be just a guy speaking with a girl at a party. She’ll let me speak, and then I can just leave if she wants me to. I won’t disturb her regular life at all.”

“Yeah… That could work….. Anyway, good luck”

“Thanks I need it”

There was a pause before anyone talk

“She is going to be happy to see you, Vaughn….. You’ll see”

“I’d like to believe you.”

“Believe me. Call me to tell me how it went, no matter what, OK?”

“Ok, Bye”

“Bye”

Vaughn just continued laying on the bed thinking about the woman of his life and talking to himself.

“What should I say for you to forgive Sydney…… what should I tell you….”

FLASHBACK

SYDNEY: I need you to tell me.

VAUGHN: You need me to tell you what? That when you're on operations, I can't sleep at night. That when we're in debrief I have to force myself to remember what the hell we're supposed to be reviewing. When all I want to do is kiss you.

END OF FLASHBACK

TBC
A/N Well that was it. Tell me what you think. For those who are getting sick of the flashbacks, I am sorry. I just needed to set the ambiance for what's to come. :D ;)

CHAPTER 5 : THE VISITOR

The next morning Nicole and Sydney were hanging out at Sydney’s place. Rachel was out somewhere making the last arrangements with the boys for the big party that night.
“Rachel is gonna love the chocolates that you bought for her” said Nicole to Sydney.
“I don’t think so. They are screaming ‘last minute gift’. I hope she is too distracted by the party to notice that”
“Oh, she will be. She is totally exited by her big birthday party”

“I know! She is more exited than a 5 year old girl. What is all that extra excitement about?” asked Sydney intrigued
“Oh! Didn’t you hear???”
“No, what?”
“Rachel met someone…..”
“No way” said Sydney amazed “Really? She hasn’t dated anyone since she broke up with David, she hasn’t even showed interest in anyone. This is so good! Who is he? Spill!”
“I don’t know him. It is this outsider that apparently is going to be staying for a while”
“An outsider? Doesn’t Rachel hate the outsiders?”
“She does, but for what she told me this is a very handsome one. Rachel was all on and on about him. I hope he at least shows up”
“Me too” said Sydney “I am dying to meet him”
“And I am dying for some food” said Nicole
“Yeah, I am starving, too. I am gonna go buy some food” said Sydney as she stood up. “Are you coming with me?”
“No, I am going to wait for you here”
“Ok. I’ll be back in a few minutes”

**SOMEWHERE IN HONG KONG**

“We are running out of time” Sloane said gravely looking at the woman in front of him.
“No, we should wait” said Irina “There are still some things that we need to do by ourselves”
“There is not much more time left! We need her now! We cannot keep going without her …… that is her destiny”
“Then her destiny will find her when it is the right time” replied Irina irritated
“It is my job not to leave everything on hands of destiny. I have to forge the destiny. It is my task to see that the prophecy will be fulfilled! And we need your daughter for that!!” said Sloane agitated.
“I know that”
“Look Irina” he said more calmly “I know that Sydney has achieved the normalcy in her life that she always wished for. I understand that you are reluctant to disturb her current happiness…. I am too, believe me. But she was chosen by Rambaldi even before she was born. She can’t just forget her past and she can’t ignore her future. No matter how hard she tries, she will never be a normal woman.”
“I am aware that we need her. My reservations come from a different place. You said it yourself, Arvin, she is no normal girl, she is a trained spy. We can’t just take her and I don’t think she would willingly come to work with us. The chances of her getting away are very high. I do not want to do a major abduction. We cannot afford that sort of attention. We need a more discreet approach. We have to find a way to come close to her without her knowledge and then grab her from the inside. She’ll have to come with us”
“And exactly how are you planning to achieve that?”
“I’ll find a way. Trust me”
“Do I have a choice? And what about Agent Vaughn?”
“He is not a problem anymore”
“Are you sure? He married another woman but he is not dead. He could still give us problems, he may still want to help Sydney”
“He won’t. He and my daughter have stopped any kind of interaction”
“Really? I didn’t see that coming ….. Well, one less thing to worry about. You are leaving to Seoul today right?”
“Yes. Aren’t you coming with me?”
“No, I’ll stay here with the device. You make the arrangements. I want to hear from you when you have her”
“It will be soon. I promise. Good bye Arvin”
“Good bye Irina”

SYDNEY’S HOME
Sydney walked into her kitchen with her arms full of bags and beverages. As she entered her house she could hear the distinctive voice of Nicole chatting with someone else in the living room. It was a male voice, but she wasn’t close enough to recognize the voice or make out what they were saying. Sydney just assumed that it was Brian, Joseph or Rick that came over to have lunch with them. She then walked to the living room. Nicole and mystery man had obviously not heard her arrive. When she was around the corner of the room she could hear Nicole speaking very exitedly:
“Hey!! You must be the outsider my friend Rachel met the other day at “La Napolitana”!!!”
That definitely caught Sydney’s attention. She was really looking forward to meet the famous outsider, but why was he at her house?. She hurried to get into the room and when mystery man turned around she stood face to face with someone that she really didn’t expected to see………
“Hi Sydney”

TBC

Please send me a pm when you update?

This ficage is wonderful!

Can't wait for the first time that syd meets vaighn!

:woot:

OMG!!!! Sorry I haven't been on in a long time. I have been a busy girl, and I still don't even know when the next time I will be able to come on. Great update with the chapters. They were awesome. You are a great writer, and thanks for all the pms. Keep it up!

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

This was a good chapter. I hope Sydney and Vaughn have a nice talk at this party. And that they get back together.
Thanks for the PM

OMG!!! I love this story!! So can't wait to see how Syd reacts to Vaughn being at her friends birthday party.... Anyway, update soon, oh and can you pm me when you do???

Thanks
~Rahonna~ :D ;)

hey just started reading this great story and i love it!
cant wait for syd and vaughn to see each other. hope you get some free time to post!!