Wasted Time

You said it was not the best so far but I actually liked it very much, great dialogue.
Keep them coming!

thanks so much. I'll see if I can squeeze in a little more dialoge like that later on.

great chapter

gracias.

"Aren't you supposed to open my door now?"

"No," I shook my head. "I think this is where I kick you in the balls if you don't get out."
hahahahaahahahhahahah!!! :lol:

"She will take some Apple Cider." Sark interrupted.

I scoffed, softly. "Well, excuse the hell out of me. I think I can decide what I would like the drink without your help."

grrr.

yep, help is not always appreciated.

Thanks so much for the replies, they keep the chapters coming!

Disclaimer: As if I am stupid enough to try and claim Alias as mine. (I'm not.)
A/N: I hope you enjoy this transitional chapter because it will have to last you for awhile (see pm at the end of chapter).
Previously on Wasted Time:

"Hey, Sark." I began uncertainly.

"Yes?" he answered, reaching for another bite.

"What you said before, about me fluctuating. Why do I do that?" I questioned.

"My best guess? You're not really fluctuating. You're in an actual stage of grief where the other emotions lie beneath the surface. Maybe your accessing them at times." He answered. "Hell if I know. I never took a day of psychology in my life."

~~~Steve's POV~~~
I watched Sydney and Sark on top of the roof, while I dialed a number that I knew by heart.

"You took so long I thought you were dead." A voice greeted me.

"Nice to hear from you too, Irina." I responded.

"Anything new?" she asked, getting straight to the point.

"Sark was on the ship." I informed her. "But he wasn't by himself. He was with some girl."

"Explain." she demanded.

"She's in high school." I clarified. "Claims her name is Samantha Ashley Shoemocker."

"So?" Irina asked with a hint of boredom.

"So, Samantha Ashley Shoemocker died 12 years ago." I informed her.
Chapter 5~ The War's Half Won

"Here's everything I know about war: somebody wins, somebody loses, and nothing is ever the same again." -- Admiral Constanza Stark from Andromeda episode #104, D Minus Zero
~~~Irina's POV~~~
I sat back in my chair, slightly taken aback by this piece of information. Silently, I reprimanded myself for allowing this emotion to take over me. Look what kind of business your in. I reminded myself.
"Find out what you can about this Samantha girl. Both the real one and the girl behind the alias." I ordered him.
"Of course." he replied back as automatic as an automaton.
The chair I was currently occupying had been accompanied at the store with the wooden table in front of it. The rich mahogany texture of it had fit so well with the reddish-brown color of the wooden walls of this cabin that I knew instantly that the set would be purchased. In an effort to minimize the attention drawn to the place, minimal furniture had been purchased. A queen sized bed beside a brown nightstand that supported a lamp, another brown nightstand across from the bed that held up a 29' TV and 2 drawers full of books, a mini-fridge, microwave, 2 bookshelves, and a small bathroom off to the right. On top of the desk were scattered papers, mostly about Sydney.
~~~Sark's POV~~~
After my last comment, silence had ensued for a few minutes. When it was finally broken, I failed to realize it for a minute of so, due to her soft tones.
"...everyone stared at me. All of them. They had this look in their eye. I knew that they had officially begun to hold me up there-or really down there with my mother." She whispered, avoiding eye contact.
"Do they know what happened?" I questioned, turning her head so she could face me.
"They have their own version of what happened. What they consider common sense. But, I guess, I can't blame them. I guess I'll just do what everyone else tried to do- just play along." She wiped silent tear away.
"What happened?" I pried, not wanting to shut her down.
"Vaughn ... I watched them kill him." I watched her run a shaky hand through her hair. "I found this out... right before I had to leave for my mission. To find some Rambaldi manual or something. No one wanted me to go. They didn't trust my ability to pull it off with my 'current emotional state.' But I pushed and I pushed and I pushed. They broke down, sent me in. I had the manual in my hands..."
"It's all right." I whispered into her hair as she paused to cry.
"I pushed, and you know for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. I was in a fight. I didn't know who I was fighting because they never took off their mask, and I couldn't exactly ask them to stop fighting me so I could see who they were. I remember... I remember their nails biting into my skin, the rest of their hands were cutting off my circulation. They I remember flying through the frame surrounding the stairwell. I fell- 1 story? 2 stories? What the hell does it matter? It was still a long way to fall and land on your baby. Even the doctors at the hospital... even the doctors thought that I had tried to take my own life that night. And Jack-- he refused to bring the subject up at all. Not even once. What ever the hell that means. What made it worse is when everyone asked who threw me over, I don't know. I never saw their face."
I remained silent. The rumors had been circling around for awhile that Sydney had gone crazy. She'd snapped. She'd been drowning and looking for a flotation device that was no longer there. Burying my face in her hair, I rocked her back and forth willing the pain to diffuse into my own body.
~~~Steve's POV~~~
There's nothing more to see here. I convinced myself, as I put the car in drive and took off down the road. Maybe they were right. Maybe she did snap. I turned on the radio in an attempt to forget all the work ahead of me in finding out about the teenager who had been with Sark. The only good thing was that I was able to extract more 'information' out of Samantha while Sydney and Sark danced.
~~~Samantha's POV~~~
I slammed the door shut in a fit of anger. How dare he. "How dare he!"
The condo I was currently in was extravagantly furnished. Upon entering it, one could glimpse a beautiful view of the ocean. To the left of the door was a modern kitchen. The cabinets were rich wooden color with metallic colored appliances. The tabletops were composed of black marble. One even housed an emergency hand-held mirror. To the right was the living room, filled with 2 loveseats; 3 black, petite, modern swivel chairs; a glass table; a mahogany-colored bar in the corner; a metal coat rack; 3 strategically placed petite tables all of which supported miniscule black lamps and a few pictures; and an black entertainment system. My door-less dining room was beside the living room. Complete with a square glass table decorated with a red and black silk tablecloth and 2 elegant candles encased in candleholders. 4 metal chairs surrounded the table. On the side closest to the sliding glass door, a wooden cabinet was filled with decorative plates, cups, glass, forks, knives and spoons. Via the sliding glass door, one could access my crème-colored balcony. Next to the kitchen was a hallway which led to the 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and the den. The ground was covered in black and white decorated tile. Standing lamps, fluorescent lights, ceiling fans, regular lights and dimmers were all scattered throughout along with 3 beautiful paintings.
I glanced at the main living room table. Papers had been spread out all over it. With a sigh, I grabbed them up and headed for the den. Vacation's over. Time for homework.
***The Next Day***
~~~Sydney's POV~~~
With all my intune spy skills I could only use my common sense to guess how or even, what time I got home. My recollection of the previous night ended shortly after confessing to Sark about what happened the night my baby died and I fell asleep. Via a private jet, most likely, I had been flown back to L.A., to the same confines of my haunted home. A home filled with relentless memories. I knew, deep down, that now that the war was over the real healing would need to begin. I knew I still needed a lot of work, but everything took time.
I threw the covers off of me in one quick move and rolled off the bed. Quick and simple. The bed method for getting up. I ran and unenthusiastic hand through my hair as I headed for the answering machine. I stared down at the blinking number. 89. The number at which my answering machine officially stopped recording new messages. Of course, if I wanted, I could always change it so that it would delete the oldest once it hit the maximum number, but I had no desire to do that. The messages would be more or less of the same thing. The first 3 were old; the next 7 were apologies about Vaughn, and the next 19 about the baby; 27 were people calling to see how I was; 34 were people worried about my behavior and my refusal to call them back; 5 were from my Weiss, stressing his concern over all of this; 3 were from Marshall; 1 from Sloane; 5 were from my bill collectors; 2 were official requests from the CIA for me to visit Barnett; 1 was a wrong number; and the last 2 were from people wiling to take me someplace and get drunk with me. Save for the bill collector ones, I deleted all of them. Pity was not something I needed. I needed someone who understood. The only person I knew personally who even came close to knowing this pain was not someone I was ready to run to. Mom.
~~~Samantha's POV~~~
The doorbell rang, pushing my thoughts about my chemistry problem out of my mind.
"One second," I yelled, glancing back down at the paper.
However, the doorbell continued the ring, just slightly slower than would be considered demanding.
I stuffed my homework into my book and hid it in a secret compartment of a wooden dresser. The wooden dresser sat beside a comfy couch which lay across from an entertainment center which was on the other side of the square, wooden table currently occupied by a bag of chips and a Mountain Dew. On the wall beside the entertainment center was a tall bookshelf with it's last 3 shelves occupied by games including Mancala and Twister. The other shelves housed books of all genres and sizes. The other sides of the cough left enough space to play 2 games of twister on either side.
For privacy reasons and the comfort that came out of not being in the bedroom, the den lacked a window. The tile floor was covered in a brown rug. On the same crème-colored wall as the couch was an enlarged copy of a photo that I had taken 2 years ago.
I hurried over to the door where I pressed the buzzer. "Who is it?"
"You've forgotten me already?" a voice joked into the speaker.
I smiled briefly, before I pressed a button that allowed him access to my building. Hurrying over to the kitchen, I picked up the mirror and ran my hand through my back-length blonde hair a few times, tossing and manipulating it as best as I could within the short time period. I frowned at my outfit. Jeans and a red tank top.
The doorbell rang a second time. I quickly, but carefully, tossed the mirror onto the countertop before I opened up the door breathlessly in anticipation.
"Hello Sark." I grinned.
"Aren't you going to invite me in?" he asked, peering into my condo.
"Yea, sure. Come on in." I moved aside to allow him room to walk in. He surveyed my apartment briefly before turning around to face me.
"You changed it." he commented.
"Well, I got tired of the old one. Change is a good thing." I called behind me, heading to the cupboards.
I bent down and rifled through until I found what I was looking for. I grabbed 2 glasses and headed to the living room.
"So, does the visit you paid me have a reason, or have you come to bless me with your presence?" I asked, setting down the glasses as I poured the drinks.
Sark gave a taunting look at the wine bottle.
"You were able to buy that?" He questioned.
"Well, you know what you've always said," I retorted, taking a seat in one of the single-seaters perpendicular to him. I swiveled it so that I was facing him and staring into his eyes. "If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way."
"Life doesn't always work out that way." I don't know if I imagined the look of rejection he cast my way. His close proximity allowed me to hear his nearly silent intake of air as he tasted the wine. "As you suspected, I did have a source of motivation for coming all the way out here. I wanted to apologize for deserting you."
"Speaking of," I flung my back over my shoulder, "how is the lovely Miss Bailey?"
"Just as lovely as usual."
"Figures." I smiled, disgusted.
~~~Sydney's POV~~~
I punched a number into the phone and waiting for the person to pick up.
"Bristow." They greeted me.
"Dad?" I asked.
"Sydney?" Jack began. "Where are you? Are you alright-"
"Dad, I'm fine." I smiled for emphasis, even though we were communicating through the phone. "I'm at home. I figure it's time for me to start working again."
"Are you sure you don't want to wait?" he questioned.
"Maybe for a week, but beyond that... I've waited enough. It's been months dad. So anyways, what's new with you?" I questioned, moving to the bathroom to brush my teeth.
"I've been waiting in limbo waiting for you to return." He admitted softly. "Let's not talk about this. You'll need to be briefed on quiet a lot of things when you come back in. I suggest you rest up this week so that you'll be prepared to jump back into the hot seat."
The sudden shift back into business almost made me question if I had truly heard that brief hint of emotion.
"Dad?" I began, pausing for his acknowledgement.
"Yes, Sydney?" He replied quickly, eager to give me the world.
"Could you not tell anyone that I'm back yet? At least not for a few days. I'd like to settle in first, without the horde of calls. My answering machine can't take it anymore." I laughed.
"Sydney," Dad paused. "It's good to hear you laugh again."
"Thanks, it's good to hear your voice again. Listen dad, I'll call you back later, I've got to go brush my teeth."
The line remained quiet for a moment, as quiet as the aftermath of a war, each of us wondering if the other would say 'I love you.'
Finally, I gave in, knowing already what would happen. "I love you dad."
"I'm glad that you're back."
The other end disconnected.
I turned of the phone and picked up my toothbrush.
Well, it's good to see that things here haven't changed. I thought to myself.
~~~Dixon's POV~~~
I picked up the phone after the second ring.
"Hello?" I greeted the caller.
"Dixon, this is me, Jack, we might have just found the solution to our problems." He offered me.
"What do you mean?" I questioned, sitting up farther.
"Sydney's back in town." He revealed.
A/N: This was just a transitional chapter. Sorry if you didn't like it. Kudos if you did. Answers are coming, but sorry are more questions. I will be unable to post for at least 2 1/2 weeks because I will not be in the country as of next Friday. Upon my arrival back into the US and brief half a day relaxation, I will try to post then a.s.a.p. Please leave comments, they will be a lovely thing to look forward to when I come home!

current pm list:

Catpin
mnkdance963
KAliasGirl
SydneyAnneVaughn
xMountineer02300844x
fire*N*ice
jrae
AliasSydney502
PointguysGirl
Descena

I will not be update for awhile, makes sure to read the A/N at the end of my last post.

Great chapter!

Maybe I'm a little stupid but what does that word kudos mean? Cos it's kind of funny, in my language it means like human tissue (or something like that) :lol: :lol:

Great chapters. I wish I would've had 89 messages on my message machine when I returned...but not about the things on Syd's machine. Have fun on your trip and thanks for the PM's.

-erin :smiley:

Pointsguygirl-Kudos is a good thing like 'snaps' from "Legally Blonde 2". I don't really know how to explain it other than that.

replies to reviews

Great chapter!

Maybe I'm a little stupid but what does that word kudos mean? Cos it's kind of funny, in my language it means like human tissue (or something like that) :lol: :lol:

thanks.

You are not stupid at all. I forget the actual definition, but giving kudos is like giving praise. It's a greek word. It's not originally American/English. It's alright.

That was great. I wonder why Jack didn't do what he said he would and told Dixon Sydney was back.
thanks. only time will tell.

great chapter

thanks

ooo cool chap
thanks.

Great chapters. I wish I would've had 89 messages on my message machine when I returned...but not about the things on Syd's machine. Have fun on your trip and thanks for the PM's.

-erin

Pointsguygirl-Kudos is a good thing like 'snaps' from "Legally Blonde 2". I don't really know how to explain it other than that.

thank you. I think we all would like to have 89 messages on our machines as well. thanks, I had a blast.

Also, thank you so much for trying to help her understand what it meant.

Disclaimer: I do not own Alias. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
A/N: I'm back with 2 updates! I hope you will all enjoy this chapter. I'm sorry about the wait.
reviously on 'Wasted Time':

~~~Samantha's POV~~~
"Well, you know what you've always said," I retorted, taking a seat in one of the single-seaters perpendicular to him. I swiveled it so that I was facing him and staring into his eyes. "If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way."
"Life doesn't always work out that way." I don't know if I imagined the look of rejection he cast my way. His close proximity allowed me to hear his nearly silent intake of air as he tasted the wine. "As you suspected, I did have a source of motivation for coming all the way out here. I wanted to apologize for deserting you."
"Speaking of," I flung my back over my shoulder, "how is the lovely Miss Bailey?"
"Just as lovely as usual."
"Figures." I smiled, disgusted.
~~~Sydney's POV~~~
"Dad?" I began, pausing for his acknowledgement.
"Yes, Sydney?" He replied quickly, eager to give me the world.
"Could you not tell anyone that I'm back yet? At least not for a few days. I'd like to settle in first, without the horde of calls. My answering machine can't take it anymore." I laughed.
"Sydney," Dad paused. "It's good to hear you laugh again."
~~~Dixon's POV~~~
I picked up the phone after the second ring.
"Hello?" I greeted the caller.
"Dixon, this is me, Jack, we might have just found the solution to our problems." He offered me.
"What do you mean?" I questioned, sitting up farther.
"Sydney's back in town." He revealed.
Chapter 6~ Diamond Expertise
~~~Sydney's POV~~~
I sat down on the bed at a loss of what to do. I hadn't wanted anyone else to know I was here but I needed something to do.
After some thought I picked up my phone and decidedly dialed a number that I hadn't called in what seemed like forever.
"Hello?" I began uncertainly.
"Sydney?" the voice asked, surprised.
"Yes." I laughed and smiled simultaneously. "I'm back home."
"You have no idea how much I've missed you. Can I come over?" Weiss asked.
"Of course."
Laziness overcame me as I lay down on the bed, intending to only rest my eyes.

~~~Samantha's POV~~~
The tension in the room had risen after the mention of Sydney.
"So," I began, slowly crossing my legs. "Can I drive the Bugatti Veyron?"
"I want you to drive that car." Sark began.
I grinned, leaning back in triumph.
"...about as much as I would like to be castrated." he finished.
The smile quickly disappeared off my face. Dejected, I stood up and brushed fake dust off my shirt.
"Well, Mr. Sark, I believe it's time for you to leave. I do have homework to do as you know."
He did not come back with a smug reply. Instead, he set the glass down on the table and stood up.
"Goodbye Sark." I opened the door and stared at him, angry for his persistent rejection.
"Goodbye Bridget."
I slammed the door closed as dark thoughts filled my mind. Thoughts that went over the numerous possibilities of getting rid of my competition.

~~~Steve's POV~~~
I could hear her phone ringing relentlessly as I typed away on the computer.
"This better be good." She greeted me.
"It's great to see you as well, Irina." I retorted. "I thought you'd be pleased to know that I remember something."
"Don't tell me that you expect some kind of award for what people do everyday." She scoffed.
"That Samantha girl, she had a Rambaldi tattoo on her lower back." I revealed "However, it was encased it 4 squares which each attached to the other to form another square in the middle."
"That symbol seems familiar. Did you look it up?"
"Of course I did. The symbol is used among some Rambaldi fanatics, 1 or 2 pagan cults, and an underground Rambaldi group."
"Black Market?" she interrogated.
"Of course." I smiled.
"What did you find out about them?" she pried, anticipation easily heard in her voice.
"The group has a front as an electronics company. While they do sell the occasional electronic to keep the government from being suspicious, they are still more or less a front. They keep their findings private- once word gets out that you're a serious collector, your artifacts start disappearing. They are manipulative, crafty, cruel, and well respected." I continued as I read something on the computer screen.
"What's their name?" She questioned.
"I don't know. It's in a language that I don't know." I admitted.
"Fax it over to me, I'll see what I can do. See what else you can uncover about them." She ended the conversation without a simple 'thank you.' However, from Irina, maybe that was asking too much.

~~~Sydney's POV~~~
I let out a piercing scream. I could see them pulling out the pieces of what should have been my daughter. I think I'm going to be sick. They tell me a scrape needs to be done- make sure they got everything out, including the embryonic sac. Closing my eyes does nothing to help me; I can still picture it in my mind. Finally, I begin to pull at my hair in an attempt to distract myself- I do not want to see them pulling out her arm or anything like that. I did not want to feel the pain of labor without the benefit of receiving a child. This was torture in it's most cruel form. They try to calm me down numerous times but I do not want to be calmed down, I want my child back. Afterwards, I reach for my womb wishing beyond all hope that there was still some life in there. Nothing. There was nothing. My dad came to pick me up from the hospital, but he didn't know how to handle this situation. I was in this by myself.
I sat up quickly in an attempt to get my bearing. I was in my bed, waiting for Weiss to come over. I was not coming home from the hospital. I wrapped my arms tightly around my body, wishing away the pain that had emerged once again. Tears slid freely down my face with no one to stop them.
Not long after, I could hear the doorbell ringing.
"Hey Weiss." I forced a smile as I opened the door.
Once glance at me was all it took for Weiss to form a frown on his face. "What's wrong, Syd?"
His face cringed as soon as those words left his mouth. He looked at me like he had a rare case of foot-in-mouth disease.
"Are you alright?" He changed his question.
"I'm surviving." I spoke in an overly cheery voice in an attempt to hide any trace of sadness in my voice.
"Did something happen?" He wrapped his arms around me, as if he could shield me from all the evil in the world.
"I had another dream." I choked out.
I led him inside and closed the door.

~~~Sark's POV~~~
I slowed down as I neared the red light, Beethoven's Symphony no. 9 blaring through the speakers. I was currently seated in a black Acura- a car I only drove to remain inconspicuous. Now that the fun and games were over it was time to get back to work. Tomorrow I would be retrieving a diamond that had been on display now for about 3 months. Just enough time for the security to ease up on the security slightly. When a diamond first goes on display there are at least 3 times the security guards as there will normally be on a diamond that gets regular visits. This diamond was different. Inside, a supposed flaw inside this pink diamond, was a message left by Rambaldi. Extracting the diamond would be the easy part. Extracting the message, however, would definitely take some time.

~~~Samantha's POV~~~
He had taught her to also never give up and within 3 hours she had come up with a plan to execute.

~~~Sydney's POV~~~
Weiss had just confessed that they wanted Sydney to go back to work tomorrow. There was a diamond that they wanted.
"I don't know if I'm ready." I persisted.
"This calls for your expertise Syd." He insisted.
"I'll try. I honestly can't promise anything so soon, but I'll try."
He grinned sheepishly and wrapped me inside of a bear hug.

***The Next Day***

~~~Sydney's POV~~~
"You are clear to proceed Scapegoat." A voice reassured me.
I was dressed in a dazzling floor-length white dress with a hint of red in, thin spaghetti straps and a respectable low-cut. Diamond earrings accentuated my wavy hair. White Fioni heels covered my feet while the straps criss-crossed up to my ankles. 2 princess cut rings accompanied my left hand along with a thin bracelet that was decorated in rubies and diamonds. A ruby necklace with a few diamonds peppered in and a hair clip completed my outfit.
I looked around the room in an effort to count the number of guards until a voice interrupted my thoughts.
"A lady should never wander these events alone. Care for a buddy?" An elderly man asked me. He was dressed in a respectable suit that seemed to be brought out even more by his gray hair.
"Actually, my husband is around here somewhere." I smiled, turning away from him.
"Really, I don't see any man wandering by himself." He was quick to point out.
"I really don't see how that's my problem." I smiled coldly. I needed to finish counting the guards and check out what kind of security that had here.
"Are you trying to brush me off?" The elderly man laughed. "Can you even comprehend how much I'm worth?"
I stayed silent getting annoying of the old man.
"Hello sweetie." Sark called, walking up to me while keeping his eyes on the man at all times. He wrapped an arm around my waist and placed a kiss on my cheek.
He moved his lips to my ear to whisper softly, "The diamond's gone."
A/N: So, what did you think? Honestly? Leave a comment, flames are appreciated just as much. Sorry for the hiatus.

Disclaimer: If Alias was mine, the series would have ended differently. But it's not so it didn't.
A/N: This extra update is for the hiatus. Again, sorry about that.

Previously on Wasted Time:

~~~Steve's POV~~~
"That Samantha girl, she had a Rambaldi tattoo on her lower back." I revealed "However, it was encased it 4 squares which each attached to the other to form another square in the middle."
"That symbol seems familiar. Did you look it up?"
"Of course I did. The symbol is used among some Rambaldi fanatics, 1 or 2 pagan cults, and an underground Rambaldi group."
"Black Market?" she interrogated.
"Of course." I smiled.
"What did you find out about them?" she pried, anticipation easily heard in her voice.
"The group has a front as an electronics company. While they do sell the occasional electronic to keep the government from being suspicious, they are still more or less a front. They keep their findings private- once word gets out that you're a serious collector, your artifacts start disappearing. They are manipulative, crafty, cruel, and well respected." I continued as I read something on the computer screen.
"What's their name?" She questioned.
"I don't know. It's in a language that I don't know." I admitted.
"Fax it over to me, I'll see what I can do. See what else you can uncover about them." She ended the conversation without a simple 'thank you.' However, from Irina, maybe that was asking too much.
~~~Sydney's POV~~~
I sat up quickly in an attempt to get my bearing. I was in my bed, waiting for Weiss to come over. I was not coming home from the hospital. I wrapped my arms tightly around my body, wishing away the pain that had emerged once again. Tears slid freely down my face with no one to stop them.
~~~Sark's POV~~~
This diamond was different. Inside, a supposed flaw inside this pink diamond, was a message left by Rambaldi. Extracting the diamond would be the easy part. Extracting the message, however, would definitely take some time.
~~~Samantha's POV~~~
He had taught her to also never give up and within 3 hours she had come up with a plan to execute.
~~~Sydney's POV~~~
Weiss had just confessed that they wanted Sydney to go back to work tomorrow. There was a diamond that they wanted.
"I don't know if I'm ready." I persisted.
"This calls for your expertise Syd." He insisted.
"I'll try. I honestly can't promise anything so soon, but I'll try."
He grinned sheepishly and wrapped me inside of a bear hug.

***The Next Day***

~~~Sydney's POV~~~
"You are clear to proceed Scapegoat." A voice reassured me.
I was dressed in a dazzling floor-length white dress with a hint of red in, thin spaghetti straps and a respectable low-cut. Diamond earrings accentuated my wavy hair. White Fioni heels covered my feet while the straps criss-crossed up to my ankles. 2 princess cut rings accompanied my left hand along with a thin bracelet that was decorated in rubies and diamonds. A ruby necklace with a few diamonds peppered in and a hair clip completed my outfit.
~~~Sydney's POV~~~
"Actually, my husband is around here somewhere." I smiled, turning away from him.
"Really, I don't see any man wandering by himself." He was quick to point out.
"I really don't see how that's my problem." I smiled coldly. I needed to finish counting the guards and check out what kind of security that had here.
"Are you trying to brush me off?" The elderly man laughed. "Can you even comprehend how much I'm worth?"
I stayed silent getting annoying of the old man.
"Hello sweetie." Sark called, walking up to me while keeping his eyes on the man at all times. He wrapped an arm around my waist and placed a kiss on my cheek.
He moved his lips to my ear to whisper softly, "The diamond's gone."

Chapter 7~ It's been a long time

~~~Elderly gentleman's POV~~~
I emanated a look of dismay as I politely stepped away. "Sorry to be a disturbance. Enjoy your evening together."

'As long as you don't return.' The man fired back at me mentally, the look in his face telling me all that I needed to know.

As I walked away, I could feel their eyes on my back. Eventually, however, I had carefully maneuvered myself so thickly inside the crowd that their eyes could no longer track me.

"I'm ready to go." A girl with short spiky brunette hair whispered to me. The pink dye mixed into her hair counter-attacked the look that the rest of her emanated- that of a beautiful princess. The brunette wore a floor-length light pink dress with an underlying layer of a darker shade of pink. Stitched into the top left part of the dress in the hem was a beautiful flower. 2 elegant straps supported the dress elegantly while pink heels peppered with minute diamonds decorated her feet.

"Okay, sweetheart." I smiled, supporting her weight with my arm.

Veering us over to the exit, I noticed the guards taking an interest in the lady at my side.

"Identification." the first guard barked and seemed to fit it with this event, dressed in a very expensive tuxedo.

I transferred the weight of both our bodies onto my right foot as I began searching my left breast pocket for the 2 passports and British I.d.'s.

The second guard, a brunette man with piercing green eyes who was dressed in a simple suit and could be no older than 19, compared my face with those of my pictures before stealing a glance at the nearly unconscious girl at my side.

"She's my granddaughter. She's sick. Food poisoning most likely." I explained.

The first guard's eyes widened slightly at the thought of being sued.

"Not from tonight of course. We were sold some meat from a man late last night so we could do some homemade cooking. That has to be it." I assured the two guards.

"How are you feeling?" the second guard questioned her, gently.

"Like felgercarb." she muttered, lifting her head so they could match her face up with her photo.

"Thank you Professor Bishop for coming here." the second guard spoke emotionless before whispering to my granddaughter, "and I personally hope you get better Miss Bishop."

She offered what could have resembled a smile while uttering, "555-7639."

"Goodnight." I called, walking away.

"Wait, I almost forgot." the first guard hurried over and quickly patted me down while the second tried to pat down my granddaughter quickly without appearing inappropriate.

"Free to go." the first assured me.

I walked out of the double doors, through the long winding hallway, down an elevator, through another hallway, down an escalator, pass another set of security, up on another elevator, through a hallway, down some stairs, up another elevator and down another long hallway that led to a basement parking lot.

"May I see your card please?" A valet asked with a smile.

I handed him the card that would indicate the location of my metallic blue Cadillac.

"One moment please, sir." the valet hurried away. Soon after, I could spot my car rolling to a stop in front of me.

The valet shut off the engine before he gently handed off the keys to me.

He waited a second for his tip before he realized that his tip was already in his hand.

"Sorry about that sir," he grinned like an idiot.

"Could you get the door, please?" I asked.

He took the keys from me and unlocked the passenger door. I gently lowered the brunette onto the seat, making sure to tuck all of her dress into the car before I gently closed the door and took back my keys.

I could afford to take my time getting back into the car because most people would not start leaving for another 15 minutes.

On our way out of the city, I finally spoke.

"Do you feel like taking a joy ride before we have to return, Bridget?" I asked, stealing a glance at the brunette.

She turned around to face me, angrily. "I told you never to call me that! It's Samantha to you, asshole!"

She itched at her wig angrily.

"I'm sorry, Samantha." I sighed.

"Let's just hand over the diamond." She whispered, pulling off her wig, revealing her beautiful blonde hair pinned up. She busied herself with pulling out the numerous pins in her hair.

"We're almost to the airport." I informed her. "We're going to take the plane to the designated meeting spot where a car will be waiting to drive us to the buyer. Plain and simple. After the transaction, you board a plane to a safe house for the night- tomorrow you'll head home. I'll do the same.

"I know, I know, I know." she stressed, shaking out her blonde hair. "Simple. Standard."

~~~Sark's POV~~~
She smiled. A worried smiled that begged me to be a liar at that point in time.

"Come again?" She choked out.

"It's gone." I whispered. "Let us head to the bathroom."

"I didn't realize that you had picked up on that female characteristic." Her eyes sparkling with amusement.

I half pulled, half led her to the family bathroom. I locked the door behind us and activated my de-bugging device. She stood closer to me, preferring me to the urinal and 2 toilets.

"Unless you plan to hand the object over to me, I don't see what we have to discuss." She crossed her arms in an attempt to digest the fact that her first mission since her return had been a failure.

"The diamond is gone. The alarms have not gone off. There appears to be a diamond on display. Whoever got to it obviously knows what their doing. Their replacement can be passed off as the real thing unless you get a closer look at it." I whispered after turning on the sink.

"And you just happened to notice this?" she asked in a disbelieving tone.

"I just happen to know my diamonds. The first step in buying expensive things is being able to tell what's fake from what's real. If you can't, you'll be swindled out of so much money, it'll make your head spin. I don't think it was some miscellaneous Rambaldi collector. Most prefer to buy their artifacts legitimately." I pointed out.

"And?" she pressed.

"And your thoughts on this?" I asked her.

"In case you haven't noticed, I've been just a little out of touch with this business for awhile. I come back and Weiss tells me that the covenant has been taken down. I don't know." I watched her sigh and then sink down to the floor, burying her head in her hands.

I knew she needed to start dealing with this by herself or she would start depending on me too much-so I stopped that form happening. I left her there on the floor, seconds away from crying.

~~~Irina's POV~~~
"More information on Samantha." Steve chimed in.

"The girl or the alias?" I asked, rifling through some picture taken recently.

"The alias. It claims the real Samantha Ashley Shoemocker loved everything about the espionage world. She had purchased books about the CIA and the KGB and some early-model intelligence tools. Unfortunately, she had a bad heart. No one wanted her as an agent. One day she overheard two people who must have been new agents talking about Rambaldi. Shortly after she became obsessed with Rambaldi. She spent all of her money on it- in fact she would often go without food just so she could scrap up more money for information on Rambaldi." He spoke.

"Anything of importance?" I questioned, a picture catching my eye.

"She had a daughter with a man she didn't know. I'm guessing one night stand. The daughter inherited all of her information. I can't see anything else of importance here. I'll get back to you if I do, though." He assured me.

I mentally pushed aside that bit of information so that I could deal with this picture. It was a picture of Sydney dancing with Sark.

Months ago he claimed he couldn't find her. He had promised to let her know as soon as he did. How could I let my guard down and think that he had been there for the girl? The two of them had obviously been there for Sydney.

~~~Steve's POV~~~

"Did you spot him with her while you were on the ship?" she questioned me.

There was a pause while, presumably, I attempted to recall if I had. "...no. but I wasn't with her at all times."

I had backed myself into a corner and therefore had no choice. I hadn't told her before that I had spotted them together which might impair my chances at becoming her favorite. It was well known that Irina's favorite got things that workers never even dreamed of. God helped me if she figured out I was lying.

~~~Sydney's POV~~~
As I got myself together, I brushed off the dust from my dress, turned off the sink and left the bathroom. I had waited long enough to depart with the crowd. By the time I had passed through the maze to find myself at the parking lot there was a line for the valet. 3 others had come to help ease the length of the line.

The bitter cold seeped into the basement parking lot causing me to wrap my arms around myself and wish that I had a jacket to wear.

If Sark were here I could have borrowed his coat. As if he would have allowed me to. Sark had done what he was best at. He looked out for himself and had left awhile ago. It had been silly of me to think, to hope that people could change. How wrong I had been.

"Miss?" A valet called out to me. "Miss?"

I turned to face him and handed him my card. "Here."

"I'll be right back." the man smiled, hurrying off.

Shortly after I watched my white Mazda Protégé pull up before I was handed the keys in exchange for a tip.

In the short 15 minute drive it took me to meet up with Weiss I thought about all the things that had happened since I had been on the ship. and just like the movies, I swear it all flashed by in a second. In reality, it took a good few minutes.

"What happened?" Weiss asked as soon as I opened the car door.

"Someone switched diamonds." I sighed.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded, staring down at the ground for a while. "Let's go home."

"Hey, it's only the first time since you got back. Just need some warming up." He smiled. "Besides, who could've known that it would be switched before you got there?"

The sinking feeling in my gut, however, told me that it had been swiped right under my nose.

When we arrived back at the CIA, sometime around 3 in the morning, we could tell that they already knew the outcome just from the expression on our faces.

My father remained stoic, assessing the damage mentally.

"It's okay, Sydney." Sloane smiled, resting a hand on my shoulder in a paternal gesture. "It's been a long time. you just need to find that groove again. I have faith in you."

I knew that if I messed up again consecutively that they would outwardly appear to be on my side, but they would mentally be considering running me back through the farm again.

There was nothing I wanted at this moment then to allow the strong taste of vodka to run down my throat but I knew better than that- I had to stay strong.

~~~Samantha's POV~~~
With the transaction complete, along with the drive to the safe house, I found myself thinking back to my plan to eradicate Miss Bailey.

"Patience." I reminded myself. "With patience comes perfection."

A/N:
Questions? Comments? They are my muse for writing!

pm list:
Catpin
mnkdance963
KAliasGirl
SydneyAnneVaughn
xMountineer02300844x
fire*N*ice
jrae
AliasSydney502
PointguysGirl
Descena

Uh-oh patronizing Sydney is NOT the way. It will only make things harder for her... her friends should know better.

Great chapter.

Disclaimer: I do not own Alias. Plain and simple.
A/N: Yep, another update!
Suggest Listening: “Ordinary People” by John Legend

Chapter 2~Ordinary People

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I opened the door to my cabin the following day to find Sark leaning against my doorway.

“What are you doing here?” I asked behind huge red-tinted sunglasses.

“Monetary issues.” he replied coolly.

“Well, seeing as how you aren’t Ed McMann here to deliver a check to me, you must be here about the suit.” I reasoned.

He countered by throwing me a look as he stepped inside my cabin.

“Problem. Unlike you, I don’t just have 2 grand stashed in my back pocket. You’re gonna have to wait with the suit.” I informed him.

“I don’t want to wait.” he replied.

“Well, I can’t give you something that I don’t have it, so sorry princess, you’re s*** out of luck.”

“Find something to take its place then.” he responded.

“I’m not working with you.” I quickly stated. “Nor am I doing any sexual favors.”

“And I was so looking forward to it.” he replied sarcastically.

“In exchange for retribution of your suit and your continual assistance with my emotional situation…” I paused, stalling for time. “I would be willing…”

“This should be interesting.” I heard Sark whisper to himself.

I glanced at his suit. “…to help you blend in. You said you didn’t want to draw attention and risk spoiling your vacation. Let’s be honest, how many men walk around on casino ships wearing suits? Not many. Especially if he’s by himself. No wife or girlfriend. After all,” I whispered, “you wouldn’t want your vacation to end so abruptly, now would you?”

He stopped to think this over. “I’ll get back to you on it.”

“One more thing,’ I grabbed his arm on the way out. “No one, I repeat no one, finds out about this.”

~~~30 minutes later~~~~

I lay on a plastic lounge chair in a white bikini with gold trimmings and let me hair down.

“Can I join you?” a voice asked.

“Sure.” I replied, eyes closed.

“I’m sorry.” he began.

I opened my eyes, with a sigh, to stare at him. “Steve, it’s alright. It was an honest mistake.”

“So…” he continued. “that guy you left with last night was…”

“The guy I left with last night,” I repeated, buying time, “…he was… was sort of a friend.”

“What do you mean?” he asked. “I’m sorry. We just met I have no right to ask these kind of questions, I was just wondering...”

I heard him trail off as I sized up a passerby, smiling unconsciously.

“Are you listening?” he asked, tapping me lightly on the shoulder.

“Yes, of course I am.” I assured him, stealing a quick glance backwards. “Why?”

“Are you sure nothing’s going on with you and that guy “friend” of yours?” he questioned.

“Yea, why?” I repeated.

“Because you just stared at him like a starving lion looks at weak prey.” He accused.

“Why are you such an ass**** today?” I demanded to know.

He muttered something underneath his breath before he stood up. “I came here to apologize for my indecent behavior and I did, and now that I’ve been insulted, I’m going to take that as my cue to get going.”

I spotted Sark entering the dining room with the same blonde as before.

“Wait!” I yelled, turning him around. “I’m sorry. How about we go get lunch? On me?”

“Well, I make it a point not to say no to free things, so, lead the way.” he smiled.

After changing into appropriate attire,I took his hand and strutted into the dining room, spotting my target instantaneously.

The large dining room was filled with larger tables lining the perimeter, booths at the corners, and smaller tables scattered throughout the rest of the room. Approximately 15 feet from the entrance was a medium sized buffet section where you obtained your food. Drinks were purchased, however, via waiters and waitresses. Off to the right of the buffet was a dance floor and a lovely black grand piano. The closed curtains shut off the light from outside the room, so that it was only illuminated by the artificial lights on inside.

I hurried though the room, tugging Steve along behind me. I smiled an innocent smile as we slid into a table where Sark and the brunette were sitting.

“Fancy meeting you here.” I greeted.

Steve glare at Sark.

“Hello, my name is Sydney- Sydney Jennifer Bailey.” I greeted the blonde preteen.

“Hello Sydney.” she shook my hair with a firm grip. “I’m Sam. Samantha Ashley Shoemocker.”

“Well Sam, this is Steve.” I introduced her, pointing to the guy in question, “and I see you already know my friend over there.”

“So I do.” she flashed a smile. Her golden blonde hair was neatly combed and she was in a neatly ironed red tank top and blue jeans completed with blue flip flops.

“So how does a middle schooler end up on a casino ship with my friend over there?” I questioned.

“I’m not in middle school,” she clarified. “I’m a Junior in high school. I’m just... small for my age.”

“Oh,” I gave her a look of regret. “I am so sorry. I didn’t mean anything by it. But I’m still interested in how you wound up with him.”

“It’s a long story.” she retorted in a voice that demanded I leave things be. “How did you two meet?”

“Us? Well, I’m just like any ordinary person, trying to take things slow and make things work out. I happened to meet him through a mutual friend one day. It was interesting because you could say he was, is, the complete opposite of me.” I stretched the truth.

“And yet you’re still attracted to him.” Steve mumbled under his breath.

“What was that?” Sark questioned as a man began to play the piano.

“Steve here was just asking if I’d like to dance, “weren’t you, Steve?”

“Yes, but then I remembered that I am starving, so I’m going to sit this one out.” he forced a smile.

Girl im in love with you
This ain't the honeymoon
Past the infatuation phase
Right in the thick of love
At times we get sick of love
It seems like we argue everyday

“I however,” Sark began, standing up. “am not one to turn down an offer to dance with a beautiful woman. Miss Bailey.”

With a forced smile I took Sark’s extended hand and stood up, walking to the dance floor.

It wasn’t, however, until his arms were wrapped around my waist and we were dancing to the song that I whispered into his ear. “Tell me the truth. What the hell is that Sam girl doing here with you?”

“Well,” he began, also in a whisper as he extended his arm out, causing me to spin before he pulled me back in. “I certainly didn’t bring her out here to rape her if that’s what you mean.”

I know i misbehaved
And you made your mistakes
And we both still got room left to grow
And though love sometimes hurts
I still put you first
And we'll make this thing work
But I think we should take it slow

“Cut the felgercarb, Sark. What’s she doing here?” I murmured, angrily.

“Let’s see,” he thought aloud. “Sam had money, she wanted to go, she purchased a ticket. So she was able to get onboard.”

I sighed. “What about everything. Every since you’ve been on this boat. It’s like someone
has taken over your body. Someone with a heart. What’s going on here?”

“How do you know that I’m not being myself.” With 2 swift movements he dipped me and then brought me back up. “Maybe you’re just not good at knowing people.”

We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cuz we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow

The singer smiled as he stood up and walked closer to us. The other dancers around us parted, creating a circle around us.

This ain't a movie no
No fairy tale conclusion ya'll
It gets more confusing everyday
Sometimes it's heaven sent
Then we head back to hell again
We kiss then we make up on the way

“Maybe if you took a minute to unwrap yourself form your egotistical thoughts you would realize that coincidences happen and that not everyone is all good or bad, just as I’m sure you have got some skeletons in your closet preventing you from being considered completely good. Did you ever happen to think that maybe I felt sorry to see someone who I had so much respect in such a demeaning manner? That maybe I was simply doing something nice? No, but you are always right, so I must be here to shoot someone or steal something, right? Because I couldn‘t possibly pity the state you were in and when it comes down to it, prefer you slightly happy?” He muttered condescendingly.

“That’s the thing, our relationship is never “heaven sent.” We’ve stayed so long in hell we’re paying rent. And now you just expect me to believe that out of the bottom of your heart you just decided to help me out with little or no benefit to you.” I responded.

I hang up you call
We rise and we fall
And we feel like just walking away
As our love advances
We take second chances
Though it's not a fantasy
I Still want you to stay

His fingers found themselves tangled in my hair as he held onto my neck.

“Ever consider the fact that you may in fact be much happier if you stopped asking questions.” he responded.

“I couldn’t. I was too busy considering the fact that I am alive today because I asked questions and questioned people’s motives.”

He smiled and slid his arms back lazily down to my waist.

We’re just ordinary people

“I’m not talking about work. I’m talking about in everyday life. Taking time out of it to just shut up and enjoy life.”

I muttered a reply to which I knew he couldn’t decipher.

Take it slow
Maybe we'll live and learn
Maybe we'll crash and burn
Maybe you'll stay, maybe you'll leave,
maybe you'll return
Maybe another fight
Maybe we won't survive
But maybe we'll grow
We never know baby youuuu and I

I felt Sark move his head.

“Prince Charming just left.” he informed me.

“He’s not prince charming.” I responded, feeling the need to justify that point.

“Really? So he transformed back into a toad?” he asked.

“So I take it you’re accepting my offer with the suit in exchange for helping me?” I avoided justifying his question with an answer.

“I’m considering it. I don‘t know what I can do I’m just an ‘ordinary person’ ” he responded, slowing lowering his lips to mine in a quick but toe-curling kiss. With that he left the dance floor and the dining room altogether.

Maybe we should take it slow (Heyyy)

A/N: Well at least you all know that she now knows that he’s alive and she’s not interested in the Steve guy (or is she?) Leave a comment and I’ll post another chapter up asap. (as soon as practical[screw possible])

pm list:
Catpin
mnkdance963
KAliasGirl
SydneyAnneVaughn
xMountineer02300844x
fire*N*ice
jrae
AliasSydney502
PointguysGirl
Descena
Alias lover 818

replies to reviews
great chapter!!!
thanks

That was great! Kind of confusing but great nonetheless.
Tks for the pm.
I will try to make it less confusing in the future. Sorry about that.

awww he's bad :( i liked him too lol
can't wait for more :smiley:
awww... I'm sorry. Isn't that always the way?

great chapter
thanks

pm please?

of course

i think... she's using steve to get to sark (duh) but what is up with sam? i actually kinda like her. she sticks up to syd, who isnt being all that nice. ah well all is fair in love and war. hehe that was random. update as practically as possible.

Dislciamer: Nope, I am not claiming to own Alias or anything to do with it.

A/N: School is over! (for Now) and as I promised I would, I have updated.

Chapter 3~My Baby​

~~~Dixon's POV~~~
"Can't we just run them back through the farm?" I suggested.

"That could leave us severely under protected. We will simply send them in with backup on any upcoming missions." Sloane responded.

"That's a waste of manpower. You know that." Jack intervened.

"What are you suggesting we do? We send those kids packing and we overwork our veteran agents on petty missions?" Sloane remarked.

"What if we went through all our upcoming missions and only went after the most important ones?" I suggested.

"We have no way of telling what the effect of losing those other artifacts will have on our cause." Sloane reminded us.

"What if you simply have the farm train them better and longer. In the mean time we work with what we have. We can make the new agents desk agents. Let them track us on missions. Problem solved." Jack breathed.

"Not necessarily, they need training to be classified at desk agents." Sloane pointed out.

~~~Sydney's POV~~~
I leaned on the railing on the highest desk, the wind whipping around my hair. The moon illuminated my khaki pants and dressy red shirt. My red flip flops had a simple Chinese design lay dangling off my feet. I breathed in the familiar scent of the ocean, the calmness of this lifestyle. I knew that soon they'd be calling me- to check on my progress. I closed my eyes as I traced the edges of the railing memorizing each groove in it. With a sigh, I slipped on my shoes, properly, and headed back to my cabin.

My bags were neatly packed with my things tucked snuggly inside of them and my bed was neatly made. All that was left to be accomplished was to leave a tip for housecleaning. I felt that they deserve a tip from me, given the numerous times I had boarded this ship.

"Coming," I answered as a short, succinct knocking sounded at my door.

I opened the door to find Sark looking pissed off.

"How else may I be indebted to you today?" I greeted smiling.

"That's absolute bollocks!" He greeted, losing his composure for a second. "I help you and I get screwed over?"

"You mean the ship? That was not my fault," I spoke as I walked away from the door.

"Please, explain to me how it was not your fault." He urged me as he stepped into my room.

"You see, this company, makes it quite obvious when the ship will be returning. If you loose track of time, well, it's not my fault. Also, I did do my part. No one suspected anything." I smiled triumphantly.

"Well then, I'm sorry to have wasted your time, Miss Bristow." Sark smiled innocently as he departed from my room. He grabbed the door handle and pulled it closed as he chimed, "you'll get your bill in the mail."
The door slammed shut with a satisfying thud.

"What?" I spoke aloud, groaning in frustration. "Impossible, that man is absolutely impossible."
I threw open the door and headed after him. Or, at least i tried to. Upon opening the door, no sign of Sark could be found.

The loud, insistent horn reminded me that the ship was docking. I grabbed up my things and took one last look around, making sure that I had not forgotten anything.

I crossed, staring out the glass windows, over the bridge connecting the ship and the port. With all the traffic of people it took me about 30 minutes to reach my car. However when I got to my usual spot, my car was no where to be found. In it's spot was a sign and a note. From the address on the top the note was obviously for me.

"To Whom it May Concern or more specifically, the owner of the 2001 black Acura. Your rental car company has called in your car as overdue. To prevent any criminal charges from being pursued we have handed over your car to them. Also, you will be recieving a fine for the cost of towing the vehicle. We hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Please feel free to use one of our cabs to get home. (Call 555-3689)

Fort Lauderdale Cruise Lines"​

"I knew I forgot to do something-reregister the rental." I whispered. I pulled out my cell phone only to find out that I had no service in this multi-leveled parking lot. I pulled the note off the sign and pushed it into my pocket.

I headed towards the end of the parking lot as a car sped past me, angrily.

"Hey! Watch it!" I yelled at them.

Another car slowed down behind me. I shifted more to the right to allow the car to have room to pass me. However, the car remained behind me. After 2 more minutes of walking the car was still behind me. I turned around to confront the driver only to spot Sark behind the wheel of a mettalic gray car that I had never seen before in my life.

He stepped out of the car. "Get in. You need a ride, get in."

"Excuse you?" I asked.

"Get in, it'll help. The concentration will help you." he promised.

"I don't need to focus too much energy on driving, Sark. Besides, i can call cab." I informed him.

"Trust me. Besides, with the amount of time you've spent on this ship, I doubt you have much money left over, anyways." he pulled open the passenger door.

The car was a beautiful 2 seater. It ws short and curvy and resembled expensive Nissan cars. However, something told me this wasn't a Nissan.

I slid intro the driver' seat, marveling at the interior of the car.

My fingers traced the interior. "Holy s***." I breathed.

Sark smiled contently.

I glanced at the electronics. "This..."

"Is my baby. It's a Volkswagon." he answered.

I scoffed at the idea of this. "What about all of your other cars?"

"Just toys, Miss Bristow.Oh, and I would suggest buckling up. It's the law you know."

"Since when have you ever followed the law?" I smirked.

"If your not stupid you'll put on your seat belt.

I buckled myslef in and pressed lightly on the gas and screamed. "Holy s***!" I yelled, pushing on the breaks. I put it in park and laid on the sterring wheel, my whole body shaking.

"I should have warned you. The Bugatti Veyron can reach 62 mph in 2.5 seconds." Sark smirked. "Whoops."

"Yeah, whoops. I nearly had a heart attack. I think you should drive."

"No. You drive her. It'll help." he assured me.

This time when I started driving I was ready for it. I weaved my way through the normal Fort Lauderdale fast-moving traffic. I have no clue how mcuh time passed while I was behind the wheel. At leat until I turned down a street, at Sark's request. He driected me through a complicated neighborhood until at last I parked us at a beautifully decorated brick building. The edges of the windows were decorated with vines with Roses attacked to them. Unrealistic, but still beautiful. On the patio, circular tables decorated the area. Inside the builing was slightly darkened.

"Sark, what is this place?" I questioned.

"I've found a fair trade off for helping you." He responded.

"But you didn't really help me." I insisted.

"I did a much better job fullfilling my promise than you have." he pointed out.

"So?" I asked.

"So go out to dinner with me."

A/N: Yes, I am leaving it there. It's crappy, but at least I updated. Yes, they are finally off that ship, but I promise, you haven't seen the last of Steve or Sam. They'll be back. Also, the Bugatti Veyron was the world's fastest, most expensive car to-date for awhile. (There are currently quite a few in America.) .

pm list:

Catpin
mnkdance963
KAliasGirl
SydneyAnneVaughn
xMountineer02300844x
fire*N*ice
jrae
AliasSydney502
PointguysGirl
Descena
Alias lover 818
replies to reviews:

i think... she's using steve to get to sark (duh) but what is up with sam? i actually kinda like her. she sticks up to syd, who isnt being all that nice. ah well all is fair in love and war. hehe that was random. update as practically as possible.
hahaha you remembered. Yeah, she was using him.

hmmmmm... interesting..

thanks

Back