Time is Precious

Part 9

They were speeding towards the address Irina Derevko had given them and hoped that this wasn't some sort of ambush or trap. They were checking their guns over one last time and making sure they had the schematics etched into their brain.

“Dixon, Tom, Rachel, you're covering the east side of the building, the others are with me.” Dixon and Vaughn were team leaders, having the highest clearance of the women and men gathered there. “Let's go!”

They all ran off, sliding from shadow to shadow, trying to stay out of the sight of about 5 guards that still remained. Vaughn, waved Nadia and Weiss forward and they moved stealthily forward. They heard groans coming from the corridor nearby and they tightened their grips on their guns and whipped around another corner. No one was there?

“What the h***?” Weiss said, obviously confused. “I heard voices, didn't y'all?”

“Yeah, but shut up.” Vaughn growled. He could feel Sydney. He knew she was there. He just did.

Suddenly a loud groan pointed them in the right direction. Vaughn nodded towards Nadia as they come upon a door where they could her Sydney groaning and moaning again. Nadia picked the lock, trying to be cautious.

_*_*_*_*_*_

The three of them heard the voices outside the door and heard the lock start to be picked. Katya cocked her weapon and Sydney was seized by another contraction and her mother whipped away some of the sweat beads that were running down her forehead and kissed her gently, letting her hand be squeezed as Sydney groaned as the pain.

“Shh Sydney, it's okay.” Irina whispered into Sydney's ear. She sat back onto her heels again and smiled comfortingly at Sydney. Sydney tried to smile back, but grimaced again as pain shot through her body.

_*_*_*_*_*_

“Sydney?” Vaughn asked gently as the lock popped open and the door opened. Katya and Irina Derevko were there, but he could tell they weren't going to do anything rash. He heard the sounds of Weiss and Nadia cocking their guns again on Irina and Katya, but Vaughn signaled them down with his hand.

“Vaughn.” Her voice, it was so weak, pain riddled, but yet, to Vaughn, it sounded glorious. He started to sob, and knelt down beside her, Irina shuffling backwards to make room. He embraced her and she hugged him back, gripping his shirt when another contraction took over. “Vaughn, it hurts.” He wanted to take it away so badly, that he almost cried himself. He didn't care if Weiss never let him forget it. He let a couple tears fall, not caring IRINA DEREVKO was watching. He was with his Sydney.

“Sydney.” He whispered into her ear. “Will you marry me?” She started to sob harder, if that was possible.

“Yes.” She choked out. They hugged even harder. He pulled her closer, relishing her presence so close to him.

He heard Nadia repeat their stats to their relieved team members who arrived and they finally were finished with this horrible nightmare. Vaughn carried Sydney out to the truck they had sped here on and carried her up to the front. She was drenched in sweat now and her teeth were grit together and eyes squeezed shut tightly, and Vaughn didn't know what to do, but let her squeezed his hands really tightly. He wished he could take away her pain, but he couldn't and it broke his heart.

“Vaughn, we can't take her to the hospital. Sark.” Irina said softly. She and Katya had come willingly. They were handcuffed and foot cuffed and sitting on either sides of the truck, guns trained on them.

Vaughn let out a small snarl. Just then, he looked back down and Sydney and kissed her forehead gently. “We'll go back to the hotel, assuming we can go there.” He added the last bit sarcastically, and Irina nodded that it was okay.

_*_*_*_*_*_

As soon as they arrived, they rushed inside, hoping it would be mostly empty, they were rewarded, only one person was there, but of course, that one person had to be... Sark.

“God, Vaughn, I need to push, NOW.” She whispered forcefully into his ear. She grabbed his shirt and started to twist it because of the pain. He looked slightly alarmed. He ducked down behind a couch as Sark pulled out a gun. The team covered him as he ran for the stairwell and he ran down several flights, before pulling her underneath the last flight, which was covered by other stairs and there were barrels around, which Vaughn quickly arranged around them.

“Vaughn!” She screamed his name, her nails scratching the ground as she arched her back and groaned through the pain. He raced back over to her and grabbed both her hands, slightly straddling her legs. “I-I c-can-'t d-do it.” She gasped out as moaned. She shoved off her pants and underwear and he knew she was close to delivering in a basement on a floor, while a gun battle was going on above them.

“No! Sydney, look at me, you are going to get through this. I want you to look at me! Breathe, don't think about it, breathe. Hold my hand and squeeze it, come on, Sydney, I love you, and I know you can do it.”

^^^^FINALLY got that last spoiler in!

Happy waiting!

Nadia

Nothing like having to deliver while being under the gun. :rolleyes: Let's hope Vaughn has had some medical training during his time in the field, because he's sure going to need it. Any...second...now!

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

I am glad that Irina and Kayta didn't do anything when they came in. I hope that you update soon becasue I don't like to wait to long. haha

texasalias

Aww yeah! Im so glad Vaughn was there!
In Maternal Instinct when Syd gave birth i so wished that Vaugh could have been there!
Great update and please update soon!!!

Zoe

In Maternal Instinct when Syd gave birth i so wished that Vaugh could have been there!

Zoe

Zoe

this is just a bit of torture for you guys!

Part 10

Vaughn rubbed her back and helped her to sit up as she struggled to do it on her own and he looked up panicking slightly when he heard the door creak open.

“Vaughn? Sydney?” Vaughn knew that voice and stuck his head out where she could see it when she came down and waved.

“Oh God! Sydney!” Nadia exclaimed when she saw what state her sister was in. She pushed past Vaughn and knelt next to her sister. Sydney reached for her hand as she felt another pain coming and screamed this time, and Vaughn couldn't help but flinch. He rushed back over to her where she was writhing with pain.

“GET OUT OF HERE YOU GUYS! THE BUILDING'S ABOUT TO BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Rachel screamed over the comm. Nadia and Vaughn looked up from Sydney simultaneously and they picked her up and headed across the room towards a door that was marked exit in Egyptian, and it was luckily unlocked, so they got out. Vaughn helped Sydney to put on her underwear and pants, because there were other people going to be around. Sydney whimpered and shook a little when Vaughn had to make her stand for a second while he helped her. He scooped her up and the three of them, Nadia stayed, started to hurry away. Nadia keeping them covered by the latest specs she was carrying. Sydney gestured to Vaughn that she wanted to walk, so he gently let her down, in fact he was glad for the break. He supported her, but she insisted they were all walking a little bit apart, it was safer.

A huge boom shook the ground and it was accompanied by a huge tongue of flames licking their heels, but they were far enough away.

“Are you guys okay?” Came Dixon's scratchy voice over their intercom.

“I am.” Vaughn answered after he heard Nadia say she was fine and turned to find Sydney lying on the ground, struggling to get her pants off this time and she screamed.

“Baby's comin'”

“I am.” Vaughn answered after he heard Nadia say she was fine and turned to find Sydney lying on the ground, struggling to get her pants off this time and she screamed.

Normally, Vaughn seeing Sydney in a hurry to get her pants off would be a turn on. However, sex is the last thing on Sydney's mind right now. I hope Sydney doesn't mind giving birth out in public. :blush:

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Ooh you just know how to torture us adoring readers with these little updates. . .

Great update. . .And im really intrigued. . Is Syd gonna have a girl?

Thanks for the pm!

Back