Season 4 What Do You Think Those Papers Were?

First of all, I don't think Jack is evil. He loves Sydney. I have no idea what those papers are about. I think that since the finale didn't include what ABC.com had on the website, then they probably decided to go in another direction.

Whatever, they decide, it won't be Jack being evil, just shades of gray like he always is.

the main point is that Jack did what he did to protect syd all the way ... now, with all this info on her, Syd needs to put herself up and see whom to trust ... ;)

It's got to be more than Project: Christmas and the two years thing because Sydney looked really devestated, horrified, and betrayed so it's got to be more than that but I don't kno what...

My idea on the papers that contained Project SAB - 47 is that the papers laid out the steps to be taken in Project SAB, so maybe all aspects of Sydney's life was determined by this project making her not to choose her own decisions this way, the CIA can create agents just like Sydney Bristow.

jensydjuliaelektrajenna said:
j.j. is os creaative it is all ways something we never acpect so yah ok love
<0> aly <0>
[post="994212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's the approach I always try to take, when I try to out think JJ. Or at least keep up with his twists and turns.

If you remember from 3x12 -- Crossings, at the end Katya was telling Jack "one day, when you least expect it, Irina's intentions will be presented to you. On that day, it will be unmistakeable."

Well, I never take Jack to be a fool. I think Jack knows exactly what Irina was up to. And I also don't think that Lindsay was evil either. He had a deep hatred for Jack, and Sydney, but I don't think it was a petty hatred. He must know something about what Jack's ultimate plan is, that's why he views the both of them as huge threats, and jumped at the chance to off Sydney. Now bring in Sloane. Sloane killed Lindsay I think as much out of his protectiveness of Syd as out of a need ot protect his own end goals.

And I think these goals are the same as Jacks. We are talking about a bunch of characters whose lives have all been touched by Rambaldi early on. Irina, Jack and Sloane are all trying to realize the rambaldi prophecy, but probably all for different reasons. I would like to think that Sloane's ultimate ends are evil and selfish. I am not sure of Irina's. I think they are also somewhat questionable. But at least with her, whatever she's planning, I think her conscience is at least tempered by her love for Sydney. So she was boundaries. Jack, I would like to think, despite his countless acts of questionable morality, is the most patriotic. I think he is a patriot at heart, and love Syd deeply. Everything he does, no matter how tiwsted, is ultimately in the service if his country, and first and foremost Syd.

After all of this rambling, I think Project SAB47 is a joint effort early on all three. When they started this, Jack and Irina were married, and SLoane was a close friend. None of them were fools, and as such probably realized the benefits of collaborating, at least for a while. I think as time grew on, they each followed their own ulterior agendas and became competitors.

So Project SAB is a dossier on experiemtn Syd, that's been sanctioned by all three of them. That's why I think it's so shocking to Syd, to find out that everyone was in on it, and she's just a pawn in a much larger game.

Another thought...There must be two warring Rambaldi factions at play here. A man as powerful as Rambaldi had followers. Given that he apparently had an eternal life formula, he must have had peopel who have survived till this day besides just the clock maker. There must be two factions, one dedicated to realizing the prophecy and be damned with whatever consequences follow, and those others who have sworn their lives to protect the prophecy from man kind until we are ready for it. Sloane is clearly in the former group. And I'd like to think that Jack and VAughn's father were in the latter.

I think Jack would never allow his daughter to be used as a weapon of mass destruction. That's why he put her in Project Xmas. I have a bunch of other random thoughts floating around in my head. Once I can make sense of them, I'll post more.

Xin Li

I can't say if Jack betrayed Syd or not. We even don't know what those paers exactly were. We just have to wait till next season to find out.

I agree with Xin Li.

But I am going to take it a step further.

Kendall is hiding something. He knows more about Syd’s missing 2 years than he is letting on. So suppose what Xin Li says is true, Sydney is a Rambaldi experiment. She has been trained to be an agent. Suppose Nadia is the second Rambaldi experiment –and Jack’s daughter (which is why Sloane needed Jack hooked up to the Il Dire device and why needs Jack alive!). Perhaps Jack has known about Nadia all these years, maybe even kept an eye on her too, all the while keeping the sisters apart not knowing who was who in the prophecy.

Yeah, Katya said that Nadia was separated from her mother in a KGB prison at birth, but Katya also tried to kill her niece and seems to have close Covenant ties so I don’t know that I believe anything she said. Jack at the beginning of Season 3 described the Covenant as a group made up of remnants of the KGB. Hmmm. Katya perhaps?

You are right about something else: there are 2 separate groups of Rambaldi fanatics. Sloane has delineated this on several occasions. The ‘Magnificent Order of Rambaldi’ and the ‘Followers of Rambaldi.’ The MOoR is marked by the symbol of Rambaldi is sworn to protect Rambaldi’s works from falling into the wrong hands. The symbol has been stolen by members of the FoR in order to infiltrate the MOoR (i.e. the symbol on Anna’s hand). The FoR wish to exploit Rambaldi’s works to their own end.

Here’s a thought: Maybe Sloane is Deep Cover CIA…

I don't know what those papers were, but I don't think JAck has betrayed Sydney. I think that he has been trying to protect her all of this time.

luvmekickboxers said:
there are 2 separate groups of Rambaldi fanatics. 
[post="1054815"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
At least. ;)

xinli11 Posted Sep 11 2004, 12:51 AM

That's the approach I always try to take, when I try to out think JJ. Or at least keep up with his twists and turns.
Just as you think you've figured it all out...Boom, he shakes you up with something you don't see. :thinking:

verdantheart Posted Today, 11:01 AM
QUOTE(luvmekickboxers @ Nov 5 2004, 02:59 PM)
there are 2 separate groups of Rambaldi fanatics.

At least. 

NO doubt about it. If I remember correctly, Bill Vaughn stole Nadia to keep her out of the hands of KGB...and didn't someone indicate he was FOR?
Like Alice in Wonderland, everything gets curiouser and curiouser... :rolleyes:

:cool:

I have always believed that project christmas will play out as the top srotyline when all is said and done. Alias is the story of Sydney Bristow and while the Rambaldi plot is extremely interesting, it is either some how tied in or just a smoke screen by JJ to blind us as he likes to do until the last moment, I believe that is what these papers are about. A lot of great points have been made so far, particularly about Jack knowingly working with Sloan before becoming a double agent. Can we not assume that Jack either became aware or was brought into Sloan's obsession with Rambaldi and could have been the reason Sydney was the prototype for Project Christmas. There are far too many loose ends about Project Christmas in my mind. I think it is also possible that there is a connection between her missing time and her training during project christmas. If you are going to brainwash someone as a child you are going to try and take advantage of it at one point. The two years may have been an example of that, as well as using Syd to help fullfil the Rambaldi prophecy as she has by obtaining and uncovering so many of his secrets for Sloan and/or possibly Jack/Irina.

I'm not sure what the papers were but I hope they contain a HUGE twist along the lines of spymommy turning herself in to the CIA, Francie being doubled, the destruction of the Alliance, Syd missing for 2 years, etc. This should be me at the S4 premiere: :jawdrop: :woot:

I'm betting that the CIA knew where Sydney was during the missing years, and they did nothing. Also, I think that Jack knew about Nadia this entire time, but he didn't tell Sydney about it.

I don't get how Jack could know about Nadia the whole time. He thought Irina had died in that car accident. He had no idea that she surivived and had a baby. How could he have known about Nadia? Unless, he thought Nadia had a different mother. I don't know, I am totally confused.

The one thing about those papers that always makes me wonder is the name, why on official documents of the CIA does it name Jack as Jack Bristow and not Jonathan Donahue Bristow which is his name, surely the CIA would be more official than that.

Yeah, I also wondered about Jack Bristow being on the documents and not Jonathan Bristow. I think the writers were so confused during S3 that they actually forgot Jack's real name, haha.

I've just been transferred from SD-1.net.

Here's a thought:

what if Sydney didn't erase her own memory?
and the clip was forged to bait Sydney by the Covenant, once a secret branch of the CIA, who has gone dark on them, so now the CIA needs Sydney's help to battle the Covenant to get to an even larger adversary?

Just know...nothing's what it seems... ;)

Back