What Happens in Vegas...

they're going through with this like their just buying a cd!!! this is ridiculous! they must be on something.... hmm, got any left janet?

haha lol jk

dont forget to check out the new fic i posted guys -- "in with the A crowd"

Chapter 9
“Boy if this just isn’t the ghettoest place I’ve ever seen,” Jas sighed as she and the rest of the group made their way into the wedding chapel. After twenty minutes of waiting it was finally Sydney and Michael’s turn. Waiting along with them was quite a crew of people who were unique to say the least. Interestingly enough, though, none of them seemed to be intoxicated, which Sydney was rather surprised about.

When they entered the chapel, Sydney and Michael handed over their marriage license along with the hundred and twenty dollars collected from their group of six. They had chosen the cheapest wedding package possible which included absolutely nothing except the chapel and minister fee. For additional money, groom and bridal wear was available along with accompanying music, wedding pictures and videos, and many other things. Sydney and Michael did not need any of that, though, especially since they planned on undoing the whole thing before they retuned to Virginia.

After just a moment, the minister arrived and Steve, Tammy, Andrew, and Jas took seats in the pews along one side of the chapel. Then, Sydney and Michael took their places at the front of the room in front of the minister. As was expected, the ceremony he performed was very short and minimalist, but Sydney and Michael shared their union with a sweet kiss. Immediately after this, cheers erupted from their four wedding guests.

“I can’t believe they did that…,” Jas shook her head in disbelief.

“Believe it,” Michael smiled proudly, locking his arms around Sydney’s waist. They posed that way for a few minutes while Tammy took some pictures so they would never forget that event (though it was not likely Sydney and Michael would forget it anyway).

“So I guess this means I won the bet, huh Andrew?” Michael smiled as the six of them were making their way out of the chapel. He still had his arm around Sydney’s waist and did not plan on moving it any time soon.

“Almost, but I must admit I’m shocked you got this far,” Andrew laughed.

“What do you mean ‘almost’?! The bet was Sydney and I had to get married. We got married. What else is there?” Michael questioned, slightly irritated that Andrew was changing the terms of the bet half way through. Then again, this did not surprise him at all; Andrew was always trying to weasel out of things when he found out he was going to lose.

“Well you and Sydney have to be married in every sense of the word which means you have to devirginize Sandra Dee before its official,” he said with a prod smile. Sydney’s jaw dropped slightly as she turned a ripe shade of crimson. Andrew simply laughed at this.

“Oh no, that wasn’t part of the deal!” Michael insisted.

“You’re not technically married until you have sex, bro,” Andrew laughed. “Now, if you and Sydney had sex in the past, I could let it slide…but we all know you haven’t.”

Michael’s eyes narrowed at him. “What are you gonna do? Watch us? You’ll never know if we did or not!”

“Oh I’ll know,” Andrew chuckled.

“Whatever,” Michael muttered. “I won the bet fair and square and when you’re finally ready to admit that, you know where to find me. C’mon Syd,” he said as he took her hand. Then, they left for their hotel without even looking back to see how the rest of the group reacted.

“Why are you even friends with him?” Sydney asked softly as they walked.

“I have no idea,” he told her honestly. All the while he was thinking that after that trip they probably were not going to be friends for very much longer. “Do you want to play a game or something before we go upstairs?”

“Oh no…not really. I think we’ve already spent our daily gambling allowance for today,” she laughed.

“That’s true… let’s grab something to eat first though. Then we’ll go upstairs, order a movie, and charge it to Andrew’s room,” Michael told her with a grin. Sydney laughed and nodded, agreeing to this slightly devious plan.

After eating at one of the many buffet restaurants in the hotel, Sydney and Michael made their way up to their room, hand in hand. They decided on ordering a comedy movie and curled up in their bed under a blanket to watch it. Once it was over, Michael placed a phone call to his mother as he promised to do but forgot the day before.

While he was talking on the phone (conveniently leaving out their marriage), Sydney began cleaning up the “gifts” given to them by the other four members of their group. It was only while doing this that she finally came to the realization that she was married – actually, legally married to someone whom she had never made out with and never gone on a date with. Albeit, that same person she had known her entire life and had been best friends with for three years. But still….she was married.

Just as she was coming to this earth-shattering realization, Michael hung up the phone from talking to his mother. He walked over to her, kissed her head gently as he rubbed her back, and then said, “I’m gonna go find a vending machine and get a soda or something. Want anything?”

“No,” she said distantly, managing to shake her head slightly. As he left, Sydney flopped back down onto the bed, seriously considering the ramifications of what they had just done.

When Michael returned, Sydney looked up at him and saw him as her husband – her husband. “Michael,” she began softly. “I was thinking…and I think I’d like to take back what I agreed to before about our wedding night – I think we should have a real wedding night.”

Upon hearing this, Michael promptly choked on his soda. After coughing and sputtering for a moment, he managed to croak out in a gravely, “What?!”

“I think we should have a real wedding night with all that that implies,” Sydney told him once more.

“Bu-but you’re a virgin…”

“Yes.”

“So that means I would be…”

“Yes,” she repeated. Then, noting the rather pale look on his face she asked, “Is that not okay?”

“Well,” he squeaked slightly. After clearing his throat he continued. “It’s just…what I mean is… I…,” he stammered. “Is this really what you want? I mean, you said you were waiting for the right person…someone special,” he said as he lowered his eyes to the floor, obviously not thinking he was such a person.

“Michael,” Sydney sighed, standing up off the bed and taking his hands in hers. “You are special. You’re my best friend in the whole world. I’ve known you since we were babies. You know me better than anyone else. I love you and you’re my husband – who could possibly be more perfect than that?”

She leaned towards him and continued in a soft voice. “I want this and I want it to be with you; I’m positive.” Then, she kissed him.

Unable to say no to such a speech (and not really wanting to), Michael kissed her back passionately. He snuck an arm under her thighs, lifted her up and tossed her gently onto the bed, where she giggled softly. When he sat down beside her and continued kissing her, he snuck his hand ever so gently up her thigh and underneath the short skirt of her white dress. There, he came in contact with one of Jas’s “gifts”.

“You’re wearing the garter?” he laughed.

“Well, a girl only has one first wedding… I wanted to make it count,” he smiled.

“Trust me,” Michael said deeply, “we will.”

Woo hoo time to "finalize" the marriage!! I'm a bit shocked that Syd changed her mind all of the sudden, but they really are perfect for each other so I'm happy that she did.
Great update

The fic starts getting more interesting than I thought it would be (no offense) I was just a little bit disappointment when this entire tension disappeared about them not knowing the feelings for one another ;)

I’m getting inspiration through this fic!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

If only I had the time I'd write a NC part for this :rolleyes: :blush:

This should be interesting...
With the consumation of the wedding...no annulment...
Wonder how and when they are gonna tell their parents.

oh man oh man.........wow.......again.....speechless.....was def NOT expecting THAT ending! Wow syd has really changed......from chapter one to chapter whatever this is....but no lies....I'd totally marry Michael in LV and sleep with him.....no questions asked....completely sober! Yep! Can't wait for more!

oh man oh man.........wow.......again.....speechless.....was def NOT expecting THAT ending! Wow syd has really changed......from chapter one to chapter whatever this is....but no lies....I'd totally marry Michael in LV and sleep with him.....no questions asked....completely sober! Yep! Can't wait for more!
that's... mildy disturbing. You wouldnt even want to know why MV was wilng to marry you?

Chapter 10
The next morning when Sydney awoke, Michael’s body was completely spooned against hers; his front was to her back, and his arm draped across her waist. This closeness made her smile immediately as she snuggled closer to his warm body. When she finally opened her eyes, the first thing she noticed was that the other bed was empty and unslept in. It took her a moment to realize that most likely Jas had slept in the other room, giving the honeymooners a chance to properly…honeymoon.

As she lay in Michael’s arms, Sydney could not help but review the previous evening in her mind. While it had not been all the magic and fireworks she expected, it was certainly something to remember. Though she was nervous at first, Michael took away those nerves quickly by making her feel beautiful. He even seemed a little cautious himself, but that was not surprising; it was a big step for them.

After just a few more minutes, Michael stirred as well and rolled away from her, stretching out all of his limbs. Once Sydney felt this, she stretched as well and rolled onto her other side to face Michael. “Hi,” she said softly.

“Good morning Mrs. Vaughn,” he smiled at her. She laughed softly and leaned over to give him a quick kiss. “So I see we had the room to ourselves last night.”

“Uh huh.”

“Well we fell asleep kinda early…Jas probably walked in, saw us, and stayed in the other room,” Michael said before yawning. The thought of Jas seeing her and Michael in such a state made Sydney blush all the way back to her ears, though she tried to hide it. “Anyway I guess we should get up… find some breakfast and then try to figure this situation out. You think they have annulments listed in the yellow pages?” he laughed.

Slightly hurt, Sydney sat up and wrapped the sheet tightly around the top half of her body. “O-oh…we’re doing that already?” she croaked out.

“Well it might take us a few days to figure it out so we better get started,” he told her seriously.

Tears stinging Sydney’s eyes, she looked away from him. “Oh…okay…”

Noting her less-than-happy tone, Michael placed a gentle hand on her shoulder asking, “Hey what’s wrong?”

“It’s just,” she sniffed, trying to keep her tears at bay though doing so unsuccessfully. “Last night-”

“Was amazing and wonderful,” Michael assured her.

“But you’re acting like it meant nothing!” she shouted tearfully, finally looking over to him. “You just want to undo it and forget about it…”

“What!?” Michael squeaked, utterly confused. “I don’t want to forget about it! I’m just trying to make you happy. Before we agreed that we’d just get our marriage annulled after the fact; I thought this is what you wanted”

“It was what I wanted,” she told him.

“So what do you want now?” he asked softly, brushing a few tears from her cheeks with his thumb.

“I don’t know,” she sighed honestly. “I just…I gave you my virginity, Michael, and I don’t regret it I just… I did so thinking it wouldn’t just be a one night stand.”

“Hey, you could never be a one night stand - never,” he assured her. She looked slightly relieved at this. “So…so what are you saying? Do you want to maybe…maybe be in a relationship with me?”

“I…I’m not sure,” she said softly as she looked down to her lap. Her head was already spinning a mile a minute at the concept of being married; she was very thankful alcohol had not been added into the mix otherwise things would have been much worse.

Michael was not really surprised by her comment. After all, if she had loved him for many years yet done thing about it, there had to have been something stopping her from doing so. “Well…okay… Do you not want to be in a relationship for the same reason you never wanted to?”

“Who says I never wanted to?!” she asked, snapping her head up to meet his uncertain gaze.

“Well…you’re the one that said you liked me all this time…and you never said anything…”

“Michael, come on – you know me. I’m like…the shyest person ever around guys,” she pointed out.

“Well yeah but…you were never shy around me!”

“I would have been if I was trying to ask you out!” she insisted. “Besides, for all I knew you just thought of me as your sister or something… and you were all…popular. You would have never been with a nerd-freak like me.”

“OH Syd you’re not a nerd-freak,” he sighed, pulling her closer to him. She gave him a ‘What are you, joking?’ look. “You’re not! Just because you graduated with a four-point-oh doesn’t make you a nerd-freak; it just makes you smart and you know what? Smart girls are really hot too.”

“Shut up,” she laughed, elbowing him lightly.

“I’m serious!”

“Uh huh…and it was a three point nine,” she told him.

“Huh?!”

“My GPA…it was a three point nine – I didn’t do so well my last semester,” she said sadly.

“OK, now you’re a nerd-freak,” he laughed. She tried to punch him playfully but he caught her arm and wrestled her back against the bed, where he gave her a searing kiss.

“Mm…wait…if we’re gonna…date we need…ground…rules,” Sydney managed in between the kisses Michael was giving her.

Michael groaned loudly as he sat up straight. “I was afraid of that…”

“Michael c’mon we have to do this right. I want us to go slow, date, and get to know each other in a romantic sense…”

“And not have sex,” he continued before she had a chance to. She smiled innocently and batted her eyelashes at him. “Fine, no sex.”

“Good,” she said before giving him a quick kiss.

“Alright now go take a shower first,” he sighed, leaning back against his pillow with his hands behind his head. She gave him a curious look. “Oh c’mon! If we’re not having sex the least you can do is walk from the bed to the bathroom naked so I can see ya!” he insisted.

Sydney rolled her eyes dramatically. “You’re such a freakin’ guy.”

“I know,” he beamed.

I don't want them to get a marriage annulment... they could remain married and figure things out... after all they know what their feelings are for one another. I'm not saying it's going to be easy and marriage isn't just for fun!

I'm pretty sure they can make it if they give it a try :love:

“Oh c’mon! If we’re not having sex the least you can do is walk from the bed to the bathroom naked so I can see ya!” he insisted.

Sydney rolled her eyes dramatically. “You’re such a freakin’ guy.”

“I know,” he beamed.

Yet we still don't know if Vaughn got to see her walk naked to the bathroom :lol:

Would you care to tell us what you had in mind? Did he or did he not???? :rolleyes:

Yup I wanna know just like cookie...Did he get to see her? :thinking:

I bet the no sex doesn't last long. :Ph34r:

6 more chapters left I think... *cries* I bet a tif/fight is coming for angst. :( No annulment though.

Back