When A Heart Breaks

I really don't like Rachel too much right now. And i guess her behaviour won't help her to keep Weiss.Cause i have a feeling that he still don't like anyone hurting Nadia.
And yerah i could blam Rachel behavior for hormones and stressing situation. But i guess i won't ;)

Thanks so much for everyone for reading my story. I hope you like this update

When A Heart Breaks

CHAPTER 5

“Eric, can I talk to you for a minute in private, please?” Irina said throwing a stern look to the raven-haired man, who was standing near the bed where her daughter and his wife lay, holding hands with Rachel.

“Sure. You want to go to the hall?” Eric asked apprehensively and squeezed Rachel’s hand in a reassuring manner before following his mother-in-law to the hall.

“Why did you bring your blonde, pregnant Lolita to where my daughter is? Do you want her to suffer more than she already has?” Irina demanded as soon as they had left the room. She looked furious and seemed to tower over Eric.

“Rachel wanted to come, she felt that she had a right to be here. I would never hurt Nadia intentionally, I love her. This situation is just so hard. Tell me what to do,” Eric sighed slumping to the nearest chair and covering his head with his hands.

“You need to make a decision and stick to it. If you are going to be with Rachel, then just do it, but don’t parade your happy family life in front of my daughter. Make it clear to Nadia that you two won’t have a future together, you can’t string her along if in the end you are staying with Rachel. But if you choose to honor the vows you exchanged with my daughter, don’t prolong the decision.” Irina said a little softer and sat next to Eric and placed her hand on his shoulder.

“Whatever I do, someone’s gonna get hurt. I’ve never been good at hurting people, usually I’m the one that gets hurt. On one hand there is Rachel, someone who brought me back to life and is the mother of my son, but then there’s Nadia, who I never really stopped loving, she never left my thoughts and visions of her haunted me after her ’death’ for a long time. This is a lose-lose situation,” Eric said shaking his head and massaging his temple with his fingers.

“Eric, don’t let some misguided sense of responsibility stop you from listening to what your heart tells you. If you stay with Rachel because of the baby and not because you truly love her, you’re making a big mistake.” Irina said rising from the chair and going to the window. She watched the interaction between Rachel and Nadia with worry.

“Don’t sell my relationship with Rachel short. I never said I didn’t love her, because I do, I really do. I can’t turn back the time with me and Nadia, three years have gone by and I’m not the same guy I was. Rachel has changed me for the better and so has the prospect of being a father,” Eric said with determination that Irina was surprised by. She had never seen Eric behave this maturely before, she had previously thought of him as a happy-go-lucky jokester.

“As I said, you have to make a decision soon, prolonging this will only cause all of us more pain. For what it’s worth, I think you and Nadia should be together, but that’s just my opinion.” Irina concluded and noticed Jack approaching them, meaning that Rachel and Nadia were now alone in the same room.

--

Rachel watched Jack exit and sat on the chair next to Nadia’s bed keeping her left hand on top of her baby bump. Awkward or not, she now had to say something to the other woman or she would come across as a bimbo.

“Hi, I know this is awkward, but I’m Rachel. I wish we had met under happier circumstances.” Rachel offered with a weak smile. Although she had been to had insisted of coming, now it didn’t feel that good of an idea. Nadia had been looking her over with contempt and Rachel felt unnerved by that. She had always been liked by everyone and had been Miss Popularity in High School, so this was new territory for her.

“You’re right, this is awkward. You are having a baby with my husband and I’m still married to Eric making your marriage null and void. I don’t think me showing up alive was what you wanted as a gift for your baby shower nor I didn’t expect to spend my reunion with my husband and his pregnant new wife. I would say were both quite unhappy right now.” Nadia responded slightly nodding in Rachel’s direction. Maybe she could like Rachel after all, but she still wasn’t going to get her husband.

“When me and Eric first met, you were all he ever talked about so I feel like I know you and I hope you want to get to know me as well. I feel sorry what you must have gone through,” Rachel said with sympathy that made it harder for Nadia to flat-out hate her. She sort of wished Rachel would have come across truly unlikable so she wouldn’t feel guilty when she and Eric would continue their life together.

Before Nadia had a chance to respond, her mother rejoined the room accompanied by Eric and Jack. Eric approached the bed and stood behind the chair Rachel was sitting in and placed his hands on her shoulders. She smiled and leaved back so her head was resting next to his midsection.

They were quiet for a while, but the arrival of Sydney broke the silence a minute or two later.

“I just talked to the doctor, you get to go home today.” Sydney gushed happily and sat Nadia’s bed and exchanged glances with her father as if to ask what was going on with her sister and Rachel.

“That’s great sweetie, you’re coming to stay with me and Jack. I’m going to spoil you rotten, like I never had a change to do when you were little.” Irina said and already started gathering some of Nadia’s things to get ready to leave.

“Mom, I’m going to stay at Sydney’s. I need to find a place for myself soon, but before that, I want to reconnect with my sister and meet my niece. I’m sorry mom,” Nadia said and avoided his mother’s gaze.

“I think me and Rachel should get going. I‘m relieved that you‘re okay Nadia and I‘ll come and see you when you are settled, but now I think you need to be with your family,” Eric said in a fake upbeat tone and gave Nadia a light kiss on the cheek before guiding Rachel out of the room. Nadia wanted to scream that he was also her family, the words somehow stopped before they left her lips. Why didn’t Eric understand that although being with Sydney and Irina was great, it was he who she really wanted to be with. She wanted him to hold her, kiss her and tell her everything was going to be okay.

--

Irina had begrudgingly agreed to let Nadia stay with Sydney, but had wanted her to call her if she needed anything and had insisted that Nadia do nothing but rest and eat. Nadia had kissed her mother goodbye and left with Sydney to gain some sense of normality back into her life.

“I think I need to go and buy myself new clothes, a pair of jeans and a sweater is not sufficient for my every day needs,” Nadia laughed looking at her rather faded clothes as Sydney was feeding Isabelle.

“You don’t need to go shopping. Eric couldn’t bring himself to throw away any of your stuff and when he bought a new house with Rachel, I took everything and they are in boxes in the garage. You can just pick and chose,” Sydney responded and gestured Nadia to join her as she left the room.

Nadia was floored with emotions as she started unpacking boxes that brought back memories that took her back to days when everything had been perfect. She fought off tears and almost succeeded until she found her wedding dress neatly packed in one of the boxes. That sight brought hot, burning tears to her dark eyes that she didn’t bother to wipe.

The white, strapless dress with a beaded bodice and voluminous Organza skirt had represented her hopes and dreams for the future. She had carefully chosen white, high-heeled sandals that looked fabulous on but hurt so badly that during their first dance as husband and wife, she had only slightly moved her legs to the tune of the music.

She was loudly sobbing when she uncovered her simple, white tear drop veil that had a noticeable champagne stain on it. She pressed it tightly to her body and was so wrapped in her own word, that she was startled when Sydney gently placed her hand on Nadia’s shoulder.

“Nadia, maybe you shouldn’t look at those right now. I can take them to somewhere else…” Sydney said taking her wedding dress into her arms.

“No, it’s the only thing I have left from me and Eric’s wedding. I was so happy when I wore this dress and when he practically ripped it off of my on my wedding night. I can’t deal with losing it as well,” Nadia adamantly said and took it out of Sydney’s hands.

--

“Are you happy with me?” Rachel asked from out of the blue as she and Eric were sitting at their terrace looking at the sunset.

“What? Of course I’m happy with you, I love you. Where does this sudden insecurity come from?” Eric inquired from the blonde who was leaving against him and stroking her stomach.

“I saw how you and Nadia were looking at each other today. She was the one you were looking at the whole time, I hardly existed.” Rachel said getting up with difficulty and threw him an dangerous look. She didn’t want to step around the issue any longer, she needed to know.

“Of course I was looking at her. She’s been gone for three years and my eyes just need verification that she’s really here and I’m not hallucinating. I love you Rachel, you don’t need to question it,” Eric assured but only managed to anger Rachel even more.

“I’m so sick of your bullshit. You keep telling me that you love me and Nadia’s return won’t change anything, but it changes everything. Before I was your wife and we were having a baby, but now I’m the mistress who’s knocked up,” Rachel screamed and placed her hands on her hips.

“Honey, you should relax. It’s not good for the baby if you’re upset. You’re not my mistress, I consider you my wife and as soon as Nadia’s feeling better, I’ll ask for a divorce so we can make your union official,” Eric said gently and inwardly felt like he was disappointing Nadia miserably.

To be continued

Next Chapter: Nadia returns to work and Rachel has a her baby shower.

"Blonde Pregnant Lolita?" haha that was so utterly hilarious! :lol:
i can certainly understand why Irina is angry. . .
I love the way she wants Nadia to come and live with her. :love:
the tensions are rising. . However i must admit Rachel behaved rather much better than i thought she would. . .

Thanks for the PM and wonderful update Tintti! :hug:

:lol: Thank you for the pm. This chapter was very good. I actually feel for all characters. It is very well written. I cannot wait for more.

Thanks guys so much for reviewing, I so appreciate it. Please keep those reviews coming :smiley: :hug:

When A Heart Breaks

Chapter 6

“Sydney, I need to have something to do. I’ve been sitting at home for the last three weeks going stir-crazy. All I have been doing lately is sleeping and feeling sorry for myself. I want to go back to work.” Nadia said to Sydney and Vaughn as the threesome were sitting in the breakfast table sipping coffee.

“Nads, I’m not sure that’s wise. You haven’t been home that long and you would have to work with Eric every day if you come back. Are you sure you can handle that?” Sydney asked hoping to deter her sister from her desire to return to work.

“Just seeing him every day is something I’ve dreamed of for three years. I don’t care about Rachel or what kind of relationship they have and I don’t hate him for moving on. It’s not him I’m mad at. It’s my father, Lauren, Sark and in some way even Rachel that I’m angry with, which makes no sense since she had nothing to do with what dad did to me. Only way to get my life back, is to face the demons of my past and going back to work is a step in the right direction.” Nadia explained carefully and thoughtfully. Recently she had had nothing but time to think and this was one of the conclusions she had came up with.

“I’ll talk to dad about re-instating your field rating, but you know that you can’t take a field assignment until you’ve had a complete psyche evaluation done which can take weeks to finalize. Most likely dad will keep you in the office for at least a month to see if you’re ready,” Sydney said evaluating the pro’s and con’s of Nadia’s return to work inside her head. Currently the pro’s were winning.

“What kind of plans you’ve got today?” Michael asked while multitasking, reading the newspaper and writing a text massage with his phone at the same time. Being a father of an infant daughter had taught him to do many things all at once.

“I’m going to look at some apartments with mom, I can’t watch any more daytime TV. I find it disturbing that I’ve gotten hooked on Days Of Our Lives and I now desperately need to know was it EJ or Lucas who fathered Sami Brady’s baby. That if any, is an indication that I need to get out more.” Nadia said giggling and didn’t admit the real reason she wanted to get out of the house today. Today was the day Rachel was having her baby shower and both Sydney and Vaughn had been invited. They had tried keeping this piece of information from her, but it hadn’t been all that difficult to put two and two together when a light blue invitation with a stork on it had came in the mail with this particular date in it.

“Sounds good, me and Vaughn are taking Isabelle to the park and then go see dad.” Sydney lied nonchalantly. She didn’t think Nadia needed to know that they were spending the day celebrating the immanent arrival of her husband’s baby in the company of someone who now shared Eric’s bed instead of her.

“You don’t have to lie to me, I know Rachel has her baby shower today. I’m not a porcelain doll, I won’t break that easily.“ Nadia said taking Sydney’s hand into hers. She didn’t want to be cuddled like a baby, she could handle the truth.

“We won’t go if you don’t want us to. We can all go see apartment hunting instead. How’s that sound?” Sydney cheerfully asked, trying to not appear to be babying her.

“Of course you’re going. Eric’s your friend and he wants you to be there. I’ll feel bad if you don’t go because of me and besides I’ll have a great day with mom. After looking at apartments, we’re going for lunch and maybe even some retail therapy.” Nadia said and left the table to get something in wrapped in blue gift-paper.

“Can you give this to Eric? I got something for the baby and I’d like him to have it.” Nadia asked handing the present to Sydney. Even thought the baby was growing inside of Rachel, he was still Eric’s child and he was an innocent party in the mess they currently in.

“You are incredible Nadia, you know that! I’ll make sure he gets this and knows who’s it from.” Sydney said hugging her sister and changing glances with Michael.

“I want him to be happy and I know he’s always wanted to have children, so I am ecstatic for him. I love him enough to do that,” Nadia concluded and excused herself from the table to get ready to leave. Talking about Eric’s baby was harder than she would have thought, but she needed him to know that whatever happened, she would always support him like he would always be there for her.

Eric had visited a couple of times during the last three weeks and they had had numerous phone conversations, last one a couple of days ago. He had always called from the car or work and Nadia suspected that Rachel didn’t know about his calls or his visits, which was a good sign in her eyes. The relationship between the two obviously wasn’t as solid as Rachel had advertised, why else he had to sneak behind her back to call or visit. Nadia had always believed that a relationship was ruined if two people couldn’t be honest with each other and it didn’t look like Eric could be that honest with Rachel about his life or feelings.

--

Rachel was surrounded by her friends, family members and colleagues during the opening of the presents. So far everything had gone smoothly, most of the guests had been able to arrive and even Eric, who had been moody the last couple of days, seemed to be having fun.

His behavior had been peculiar, one moment he was the most tentative and caring husband and another he shut her out completely. Rachel was sure it had something to do with Nadia and didn’t like it one bit.

Eric had been chatting with Sydney for the past half hour and laughed and joked at something. She hadn’t seen him in this good of a mood since Nadia had returned and felt a tingle of jealousy that he was happier in Sydney’s company than he was in hers.

“Okay, this Is from me and Marshall,” Carrie Bowman said hanging Rachel a gift basket filled to the brink with everything cute and blue that the baby would ever need, including a receiving blanket, a pair of soft infant booties and a plush animal squeaker toy.

”I love it, it’s perfect. Thank you guys so much.” Rachel said enthusiastically, she had always loved getting presents and getting them for the baby was even better.

Gifts kept coming and soon the living room was filled with so much baby stuff that it looked like they were having triplets. Eric had tried his best to look enthusiastic and convincing Rachel that there were worries in the world. She didn’t need to stress about anything, all she needed to do was concentrate on having this baby.

His mind had wandered back to Nadia when Sydney had privately given her gift to him. It was incredibly unselfish and thoughtful for her to do that and he was utterly moved by her gesture. At that moment, he had never loved Nadia more, but felt like the scum of the earth at thinking about Nadia in that way during Rachel’s baby shower.

He also kept looking at Michael, wanting to patch this drift between them. He had only wanted to help, but he had snapped at Michael because he was telling him what he didn’t want to hear. He needed to just swallow his ego and go make things right with his best friend, these three weeks of not taking to him had been awful.

--

”Mom, I love that place. I want to move in right now,” Nadia laughed as she and her mother left the third place they had seen today. The third time had been the charm, this two-bedroom Malibu apartment had screamed ’rent me’ as soon as she had entered.

”It was beautiful, but I think the location is all wrong for you. Maybe we can reconsider that second one, it seems more suitable. It’s only a 10 minute walk away from me and Jack and it has more space,” Irina said gazing through the brochure the realtor had given her.

”What are you talking about mom? Malibu’s a great place to live and I don’t like cleaning all that much, so it has less space that I need to keep tidy,” Nadia reasoned with a smile and looked back the apartment that was practically calling her name.

”I know what you’re doing honey. Its no coincidence that the place you want is in the same neighborhood where Eric lives with his family. You’re hoping that you to will run into each other at the supermarket or that you can carpool together. If I can see that, Rachel will see it as well and won’t like it,” Irina rationalized. Chasing after Eric would not be wise in her opinion.

”I won’t let Rachel decide where I can or can not live. Plus is it so bad that I want to be near my husband?” Nadia asked as they had reached Irina’s car and got in.

”He’s made up his mind and he staying with Rachel. Are hoping that if he sees you everywhere, he gets the urge to leave his family?” Irina asked more pointedly than she had intended.

”Mom, I don’t want to argue with you, when we can go to the Ivy for lunch instead. I’m not going to decide on the place yet, not like I can afford to get a place right now,” Nadia assured her mother but added in her mind that she would indeed choose the third place, but mom didn’t need to know that right now.

”Okay, sounds good. Are you in the mood for fish or chicken? I’m leaning on fish myself,” Irina asked settling for Nadia’s promise to think this apartment thing through. Irina had been afraid that maybe she couldn’t talk to Nadia after all these years, but it hadn’t been that difficult. Almost like they best friends instead of mother and daughter, which was nice in her mind.

To be continued…

Next chapter: Eric and Michael talk and a familiar face from the past appears.

I really really really loved the update Tintti!
I love that Nadia wants to move into the same street as Eric. :naughty:
and i dont think he's scum for thinking of Nadia at Racheal's baby shower. :love:
i mean. . .They were married. .
And can i say i lurv how he's calling Nadia on the side? :D :naughty:

aww i feel so bad for nadia but i think irina's right,nadia needs to think seriously about this!
loved it! :D thanks for the PM :P
cant wait for more!

I think its' great that Nadia got a present for Eric's child...
I wonder who the familiar face is...
Seems to me that Eric is moving away from Rachel and to Nadia....
I think that if Rachel wasn't pregnant he would have left her and went back to Nadia...
Great update...
Thanks for the pm.

Thank you so much for the reviews. I love all of you for taking your time to read my writings. Luv ya

When A Heart Breaks

Chapter 7

“Mike, I need to talk to you.” Eric said after a long internal should I or shouldn’t battle that ended when the guests started exiting the home he shared with Rachel. It was now or never, if he wanted to talk to his best friend, he needed to do it now. Michael nodded and followed Eric to the master bedroom and sat down on one of the chairs.

“I’m sorry for how I treated you when you only wanted to help. I snapped because you were voicing everything I was thinking. I was willing to walk away from Rachel the moment I found out Nadia was alive, but I couldn’t let myself to do it and I got upset with you when you were telling me everything I wanted to hear: a justification for abandoning my family for the woman I love,” Eric said with care, he hadn’t even let himself think like that before this, but now Michael needed to know what was really going on.

“Eric, you’re being too hard on yourself, you can’t be everything for everyone. You can’t be Rachel’s husband and Nadia’s husband unless you have at some time recently converted into a Mormon,” Michael joked, not really knowing what else to say in this situation. Humor seemed like the best bet.

“Nice, you’re turning into me with the jokes. Sadly, I haven’t gotten any of your French charm or dashing looks in this exchange, only your women troubles; but instead of Syd and Lauren, my triangle consists of Nadia and Rachel,” Eric responded to Michael’s joke and felt better that he seemed to have forgiven his jerk like behavior three weeks ago.

“So, we’re cool? You’re not mad at me anymore?” Michael said as relieved as Eric was and in truth, he had missed his best friend.

“We’re cool, I was really more angry at myself than I was at you. We better get back, I think the wife’s wanna know we haven’t killed each other,” Eric said and hugged Michael in a very man hug kinda way.

--

Rachel was deep in thought when the two men returned, thinking about something that made her smile.

~~

Flashback

Almost two years ago; Los Angeles, California

Rachel was sitting behind her desk, watching the man standing near her intently. He had a sadness in his eyes and also a steely determination that fascinated her. She had heard of his background, that his wife Nadia had been killed on their honeymoon, which explained why he acted the way he did.

She had been partnered with him for three months now and aside from agent related business, he ignored her which only caused her to be even more interested than ever. She liked him although he had made it quite hard, but she found him different than any man she had ever met.

“Rachel, I’m sorry about what happened during the mission. I was out of order and I know you’re human and make mistakes like the rest of us. It was unfair of me to compare you to Nadia,” Eric said in a well thought apology.

“I will never be Nadia and yes you were wrong to shout at me, but I understand. I want you to trust me, I’m your partner and on the field my life is in your hands. I know you don’t like me, but if we are partners, I need to be able to trust you,” Rachel said with conviction.

“It’s not that I don’t like you, I think I like more than I should,” Eric said and regretted actually saying that.

“You like me? I would have never guessed, but I like you too. You’re a great guy Eric and I don’t think it’s that dangerous for you to like me back.” Rachel said with a knowing smile and watched Eric walk away from her desk with the tiniest hint of a smile on his lips.

~~

“Honey, you feeling okay?” Eric asked concerned when he noticed the blonde clutching her stomach and looking at something in the distance.

“What? Sorry, I was lost in my thoughts, I’m perfectly fine.” Rachel smiled and embraced Eric tightly. She wasn’t going to lose him, not ever.

“It looks like me and Syd are the only guests left. We’re going to head out, to give you some privacy. Eric, I’ll see you at the office,” Michael said as Sydney who was holding Isabelle, handed his coat to him. They said their goodbye’s and then it was only he and Rachel.

“Did you have fun today? Actually, you don’t need to answer that, I know you had fun. Being the center of attention and getting colossal amounts of gifts, you were in heaven,” Eric laughed as soon as the door had closed behind Sydney and Vaughn.

“You know me too well, I had a blast. It’s just my feet that are killing me,” Rachel smiled back Eric and removed her pink ballerina flats that were now starting to hurt her feet due to the swelling in her feet.

“Want me to give you a foot massage. I’m pretty good with my hands,” Eric offered and was already guiding her to the bedroom before he had finished his sentence. She nodded gratefully and as soon as they reached the bedroom, she laid down on the bed, only pulling the blue comforter off before flopping down on it. Eric started rubbing her feet with careful strokes and a similar situation was brought back to him.

~~

Flashback

Seven months ago; Los Angeles, California

“Eric, I can walk you know. I’m pregnant, not sick,” Rachel laughed as Eric was carrying her to the bedroom. They had been to see a doctor who had confirmed Rachel’s pregnancy.

“Enjoy it now, when you’re 8 months pregnant I won’t be carrying no matter how much I love you. I don’t want to break my back,” Eric joked and carefully laid Rachel on the bed. He laid next to her and lifted her shirt. He then pressed his head on her still-flat stomach.

“I’m barely four weeks pregnant, you can’t hear anything. The baby is not moving yet,” Rachel laughed but was shushed by Eric who pressed his finger on her lips.

“Shhh, don’t say that, Eric Jr. can hear you,” Eric responded, futile attempting to look stern, but the grin he had not been able to wipe off since leaving the doctor’s returned.

“We are not naming our baby anyone’s Jr. and that’s final. I’m thinking Rochelle for a girl or Aaron for a boy. What do you think?” Rachel asked, she had been giving the names a lot of thought. Last night she had barely slept and the two names were the one’s she had liked the most.

“I want to wait until the baby is born before we name him or her. I want to see my child before giving it a name,” Eric responded, really not wanting think about names just yet. Rachel silently agreed and started stroking his hair in a loving way. “I love you Mr. Weiss,” Rachel happily noted.

“I think I love you even more Mrs. Weiss. I don’t know what I’d do without you,” Eric said giving Rachel’s stomach light, butterfly kisses.

~~

“This feels so good, I’ve been feeling like a beach whale recently. I can’t wait to see my toes again when the baby is born,” Rachel sighed contently and made herself more comfortable on the bed.

“You hardly look like a beached whale. You’re beautiful and glowing,” Eric said without lying. She looked even more beautiful now that she was pregnant.

“Am I more beautiful than Nadia?” Rachel asked from out of the blue, giving Eric a shock of a lifetime.

“You and Nadia are both extremely beautiful, but you are carrying my son which makes you the most stunning person in the universe,” Eric reassured, not really wanting to answer. Nadia and Rachel were night and day, there was almost nothing the two had in common.

--

“Nadia, are you home?” Sydney yelled from the door as they arrived home. The place was eerily quiet and only in the living room a light was burning. No one seemed to be here, until they heard quiet sobbing coming from the kitchen. Nadia was sitting there reading something with big, terrified tears coming from her dark eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Sydney asked and handed Isabelle to her father and went to her sister’s side.

“He’s back. He’s not letting me continue my life. This letter was waiting for me when I got home, it was in my pillow, he’s been here. This is all starting again, I’m not safe,” Nadia said between the sobs. She was visibly upset about something, her petite body was shaking in fears.

To be continued…

Next chapter: Nadia seeks safety from Eric and the person who sent the letter returns.

Oh man. . .You really are making this tough for us Tinti. :sigh: here i was thinking i hated Rachel and now. . . .
I feel kinda sorry for her. :hide:

and oh no! Who is back to haunt Nadia? Oh no! 🇳🇴

I really feel sorry :thinking: . For all Weiss family ( and yep i still consider Nadia as a part of this group) At least for Weiss it looks better bocouse he made up with a friend :smiley:

Back