Season 3 Which cliffhanger was better?

Considering everything and WITHOUT jumping to early conclusions on the Resurrection cliffhanger, whi

• Resurrection (3.22)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Telling (2.22)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i knew what was going to happen in the telling before i saw it b/c i watched it on dvd and a friend had told me what happened at the end of the season (and i had already watched a little of season 3...) so i didn't go though the same shock as those of you who have been watching from the beginning :blush: . i think that this years was better b/c it didn't come out of nowhere like season 2. the beginning of season 3 was spent trying to figure out what had happened in those 2 years and it didn't make for a very good season. but, they are different kinds of cliffhangers. i guess i'm more partial to this seasons. when i rewatch the season this summer, i'll be questioning jack the whole time...

eta: i can't think of a way they could possibly shock the audience more than last years cliffhanger...

I voted for "The Telling" because it totally and completely shocked me. I literally could not sleep and felt sick and depressed for a few days.

"Resurrection" didn't really shock me as much as it left me confused and with about a million questions. But I suppose the idea was to leave us wondering about possible explanations.

i voted the telling.. just because of the shock factor. i didn't see the whole missing for 2 years scenario coming at all, while the J/S relationship is always around. not that the ressurection finale was bad. it will be interesting to see where it leads. but based on which is a better cliffhanger, i have to go with the telling.
although, i kind of prefer the lesser cliffhanger.. it keeps us guessing, but at least it wasn't as crazy as in seasons one and two. and yeah, i agree. this ep just left me in confusion. haha

i liked ressurection just because of the fact that it won't make you want to go insane over the summer. :smiley: Shock value: The Telling, Ending Value: ressurection. Good way to end the season.

Both of the season finale's had excellent cliffhangers, The Telling's cliffhanger was about Sydney losing two years of her life and Vaughn got married to another woman while Resurrection's ending is about Sydney finding out that there is a CIA project that involves all about her from her birth to her CIA career and that her father is the project leader.

I voted for Resurrection since it was emotional between her, her father and what she did in her entire life.

Why wasn't "ATY" included? I think that, or even "Phase One", even though it was midseason, had the best cliffhangers. I didn't really like "The Telling" because it was this big two-hour finale followed by the most random ending possible. And, frankly, the "Resurrection" cliffhanger wasn't that great. We already know the CIA had interest in Sydney as a child (Project: Christmas), and it would be hard to think of Jack as being part of the covenant since he was in jail the two years Sydney was Julia Thorne.

The telling is the most shocking cliffhanger I have ever seen !
There was nothing that could have prepared you for that, I mean, missing for 2 years, vaughn is married ....WHAT !?
Since that moment I´m numb, I don´t think I can be shocked by a cliffhanger anymore.
Last night, was great.....but the telling just blow me away.

the tellin..it had so mcuh more to it: what happened to will? what bout freplica? why is vaughn married?...

but this one was juss waht happened to syd?...blah blah blah

well i voted for ressurection.... just because everything that Sydney has trusted about her father -- the fact that he would do anything to protect her couldve just been a lie-- or because he just wanted to protect his test subject. this one brings up a lot of questions to me
-why spydaddy why?????
-what is SAB 47?
-is spydaddy bad?
-was this project responsible for her missing 2 years?
-has everything in syds life been programmed (like falling in love with vaughn? oh please noooooo)
-who knew about this??
-is anyone else controlled?
-why would the CIA allow this?
---i mean i am just sooo befuddled -- so many questions!---

BUT.... i actually CRIED-- no lemme correct that SOBBED at the season 2 finale just cause i felt so lonely for syd and everything that was such a huge payoff for me in s2 (like s/v) was gone.... GONE!

so i was MUCH more emotional about the Telling, but i thought that that was sorta out of left field, like they didn't know what to do, so they threw that in, but this one is based on such a deep relationship that i just think that its a better cliffhanger and i cannot believe ABC is so evil to make us wait until JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it *is* a cliffhanger you guys! It's not a hit you in the face one, it's more subtle, which I think is much more interesting. In the telling it was completely open ended, anything could happen. It was completely random and out of the blue and we had no context for it or any sort of connection to it. But this one has a lot behind it, the years behind Jack and Sydney's relationship, and so many other questions that it brings out. The more you think about it the more it becomes a cliffhanger :lol:

I liked Resurrections ending-- it paves the way for season 4. Through that brief scene a hope of whats to come enters my head. They had pretty artsy lighting and that was really missing throughout S3--season 4 better be packed with artsyness :P. Other factors were emotions (syds) and more tangible storyline. I feel like we're going back to season one's direction(y)

(sorry if some of this seems weird, its the damn cold medicine :-/)

I voted for The Telling because, in a nutshell, it conveyed so much more emotion...It left me sitting there staring at the screen for at least 10 minutes just in shock...For some reason, after this episode I got up immediately with no second thoughts...My reaction was kind of an "Oh, ok."

But I do know where you "Resurrection" fans are coming from...There are more subtle and more complicated questions to be resolved...But it just didn't do it for me as a Season Finale.

As a cliffhanger - I think the Telling was better, just because I can still remember my initial reaction..."WTF?" and I couldn't sleep that night for trying to figue out what was going to happen and distraught that they could actually split up S/V. At the end of Resurrection, my reaction was, "Wonder what's in those papers?? Oh well, we'll find out in Jan." However, I am thankful that this years cliffhanger wasn't as shocking as last years due to the fact that we are going to have to wait seven months for any resolution. (Which I think stinks!) :angry:

The Telling was a much more incredibly cliff hanger than that of Resurrection. After the telling I just sat there on my couch my mouth somewhere around my feet for about 10 minutes before I got up and turned of the TV. All of a sudden out of nowhere this massive piece of information hits you and you're left with no idea of what's happening. That's a good cliff hanger. With this season there was soo much that lead up to it that over the summer (and now fall, stupid midseason) we can pretty much figure things out here. I mean many people have their theories and most of them sound pretty correct. Both were good, but The Telling was better.

Back