A World Unknown

Hey guys, this is my first fic. I hope you like it! Please let me know what you think of it. I'm open to all views of it so feel free to tell me the truth. Thank you!

Chapter One

The dream was prolonged and nebulous. People, places, and objects just tore past her view like rush hour sped up on the news. Most of the people had been past friends or acquaintances she had. It was just confusing and mysterious to her.

She woke up in a sort of daze. As she looked around her, she knew she had to be in a hospital room. The walls were white with pink flowers at the top and there was a big window next to her bed. As she sat up to look out the window to try and figure out where she was, she discovered she felt dizzy and her head hurt really bad.

“Oh Sydney! You’re awake! Please don’t try to sit up, you’re not well enough to do that yet.” cried a woman’s voice behind her. The voice sounded familiar to Sydney, and yet strange. Sydney turned her head and stopped in complete shock of who it was.

Mom? she questioned herself. What is she doing here? Why is the CIA allowing her to see me here? I’m sure it’s a CIA hospital, she thought while trying to find a reason for her mom, Irina Derevko, being here without handcuffs or any guards. As she studied her mom in disbelief, Sydney realized she wasn’t dressed normally. In fact, Irina did not look of her same mysterious self to Sydney at all. She was wearing a light-colored skirt with a buttoned-up white blouse, and her hair was tied back.

“Sydney, do you remember me?” Irina asked her; she must’ve seen the confused look on Sydney’s face.

“Yeah,” she replied, “but what are you doing here? I mean, won’t the CIA arrest you if you’re here? You betrayed us, after all.”

“What are you talking about Sydney? The CIA after me? Why would they be after me sweetheart?” Irina replied in a very sweet way. Sydney studied her face to try and pick out some deception, but she couldn’t. Irina Derevko was telling the truth.

“Mom, you’re Irina Derevko … you’re on the CIA’s most wanted list remember?”

“Sydney I don’t know who or what you’re talking about. My name is not Irina Derevko, and I’m not on the CIA’s most wanted list. I’m Laura Bristow, your mom, Sydney. Don’t you remember me? Oh please Sydney try to remember who your mother is. I’m a teacher, just like you. And your father is Jack Bristow. And we both love you very much Sydney. And…” she broke into tears. Sydney was in shock. Her name, Laura Bristow? Me, a teacher? And dad…still married with her? As Sydney thought of her dad, she wondered if he still worked for the CIA.

“Mom, I’m sorry. Of course I remember you, but can you tell me what job Dad has? I just want to see if I remember it correctly.” Sydney said trying to get the information she needed, as she had done in the real world, or her world before this confusion.

“He works at an airplane factory,” Laura said drying her tears, “ did you remember it correctly? I’m so sorry I burst into tears like that, especially in front of you after all you’ve been through lately.” Sydney wanted to comfort her, but knew she couldn’t trust her yet. The airplane factory is his cover-job! So he does still work for the CIA! So does that mean that she is making this whole thing up and The Covenant has me captured? Sydney thought this and looked over at the woman who claimed to be Laura Bristow, who was wiping her eyes and sniffling. She could be a double! Just like … as she thought of her friend, Francie, her eyes watered. She missed Francie, she had needed her there for her when Vaughn was married. Vaughn! Where’s Vaughn? As those thoughts crossed her mind, the door opened and a doctor walked in.

“Hello Sydney! I’m glad to see that you’re awake now.” he greeted her as he entered the room. “I’m just going to run a few tests to see if you’re okay. Then, you have a visitor outside the door who has been waiting for you to wake up.” He smiled sweetly as he pulled out a needle and a tube to take Sydney’s blood. I wonder who the visitor is. Maybe its Dad, then I can ask him what is going on and figure out what the CIA thinks of this.

The doctor finished all his tests and cleared Sydney for visitors. He also rose the bed so Sydney could sit up without moving her head. He left the room in a sort of hurry and left the door open for the unknown visitor to step in. As the person entered her hospital room, a look of astonishment fell upon her face. “Oh my gosh.” she said, about to burst into tears.

Chapter 2

“Hey Syd, are you okay?” Francie said softly. Sydney just looked at her, wondering if it was Allison or the real Francie. She couldn’t see any reason behind it being either of them, especially Francie, since she had been murdered by Allison. She took a deep breath.

“I’ll leave you girls alone to catch up.” Laura Bristow said sweetly as she got up and left the room. Is it Francie? I mean …wait, The Covenant has got to be a part of this! Where is Vaughn? I think I was with him last, before this. I wish I could get up to find him!

“I’m sorry about what happened to you, Syd.” said Francie in her comfortable voice as she sat in the empty seat.

“Francie, mom left me some coffee ice cream, do you want some?” Sydney asked testing her, knowing that Francie hated coffee ice cream.

“Syd, you’re my best friend. Shouldn’t you know that I hate coffee ice cream with a passion?” she replied in her old usual way.

“Oh yeah,” replied Sydney, now knowing that she had to be Francie, “ you do hate it. I’m sorry Francie, I forgot.”

“Oh no Syd, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have answered you like that, after all, you did have a concussion.”

“A what?! Oh my god, Francie, what happened to me? Do you know? Wait, how long have I been asleep? Did the doctor tell you anything?” Sydney asked. She had suddenly realized that she hadn’t asked the doctor or her mom about it. Francie touched her hand lightly.

“Syd, you were in a car accident. It was my fault, I’m so sorry. You were upset at me for questioning you about your teaching job at the elementary. I didn’t mean to make you upset Syd, I just wanted to help you get better hours for your job. I …”

“ Francie, its okay, don’t worry about it. It was most likely my fault, if I was driving.” Sydney said in a comforting voice. She smiled with watery eyes, still unable to believe that she was alive. “Was anyone else in the car with me? How long has it been since the accident happened?”

“Well, you have been asleep for at least two weeks since you fell into a coma after your surgery. And, the doctors said there was this other guy with you who was a French teacher at the high school, but they wouldn’t tell me his name. Syd, were you dating him and afraid to tell me?” Its Vaughn, I know it is! He taught French at a high school when I was missing for two years! Sydney recalled every aspect of her life with the man she loved and wished she could see him. She gasped.

“Francie, did that man survive? Is he okay? Do you know where he is?” Just as Francie was about to answer her questions, a nurse walked.

“Visiting hours are over, ma’am,” the nurse said in a nasally voice, “please leave the room to give the patient some peace, thank you.”

“Syd, I’ll see you tomorrow! I’ll let you know everything you want to know then! Bye, Syd!” she said as she was rushed out of the door by the nurse.

“No wait, Francie! I need to know now! Please, where is Vaughn?!” Sydney yelled, desperate for an answer. She tried to get up off of her bed to go after Francie, but ended up falling and passing out on the floor.

I'm very intrigued, and believe me it's a good thing in my case :lol:
Please add me to your PM list ^_^

Thanks

Chapter 3

The dreams were slower this time. She was able to catch faces and a few objects. She saw a man she knew as an enemy, Julian Sark, standing over her with a needle. Sloane was watching him as well as another figure in the corner that she couldn’t make out.

Sydney groaned. She hoped that what had happened yesterday was just a dream, before she opened her eyes. She opened them slowly, and discovered she was in the same room as before. So this isn’t a dream and I’m still in a hospital. Francie is alive somehow and Irina is Laura. I was in a car accident and was in a coma for two weeks. I don’t know where Vaughn is or even if he is still alive and I don’t even know how I am, considering that I passed out trying to just walk. Okay, I can handle this. She took a deep breath and thought about the conversation she had had with Francie earlier. Oh my god, am I working for the CIA still? She remembered what Francie had said about her job teaching and the long hours. She realized teaching would’ve been her cover job after she got out of school if Francie was still alive or if Will hadn’t known about her. Will! He had slipped her mind completely. Oh well, Francie is hopefully going to come today and tell me everything I need to know. As if she had been cued, Francie entered the room.

“Hey Syd! Sorry I had to leave so fast yesterday, that nurse was so rude!”

“Hey! Its okay, I understand. So now can you tell me if the man in the car with me lived?”

“Yes, he did. Why? Were you dating him?”

“Um … no, we’ve just known each other for a long time.” Sydney said unable to tell her best friend the truth; she loved him. Sydney sighed. “Do you know where he is?”

“The doctors told me he is still in the hospital, but I don’t know what room.” Francie seemed to understand Sydney’s desire to see him and added, “well, I could ask someone for you if you want me to.”

“That would be great! Oh! I almost forgot! Where is Will?” Sydney inquired as she slowly sat up so as not to pass out again.

“Well, he is supposed to come visit you today. He couldn’t yesterday because he was doing community service.”

“He was what?” Sydney realized that if Will had been doing community service, she was in the CIA. Will knows! Maybe he could tell me what is going on here. She then told Francie nevermind and her and Francie began talking like once before.

Will came to visit her. Francie had already left, and Sydney was glad; she had important questions to ask Will.

“Hey Syd! How are you feeling? I wanted to visit yesterday, but I couldn’t.” Will said as he entered the room.

“ Will, what is going on here? Does the CIA know what is going on?”

“The CIA? Syd, what are you talking about?”

Chapter 4

He awoke not long after she did, and in the same sort of daze as her. He did not understand why he was in a hospital nor did he really want to. What is going on here? He thought as he looked around.

“Hey Mike, how you doin’?” said a familiar friend to him. It was Weiss. Vaughn just groaned in pain as he realized he had something wrong with his stomach. “Whoa, take it easy, you were in a car accident.” Weiss explained.

“Out of all the things it could’ve been, a car accident?” Vaughn said in disbelief.

“Well, yeah. There was some chick driving though, so its not your fault.”

“Was it Sydney, Weiss?”

“Who’s Sydney?”

“Come on Weiss, be serious. I need to know if she’s okay.”

“The chick who was driving woke up out of her coma yesterday, but I seriously don’t know who Sydney is.” Weiss was not joking, and this confused Vaughn immensely. “Mike have you been having an affair?”

“What are you talking about? I’m not married anymore, remember?”

“Well, Lauren seems to think otherwise.”

“Lauren?! She’s dead; I shot her to save Sydney. She was part of The Covenant, remember?”

“Mike, you’re talking crazy! If Lauren heard you say this, then you’d really not be married. And what is The Covenant?” Vaughn was shocked and disgusted at the same time. Lauren, still my wife? No Covenant? What is going on here? I think Sydney was in the car with me, I have to find her. Vaughn tried to sort out any logical explanations for the situation. He couldn’t think of any except that maybe The Covenant was a part of it. The door creaked open and a visitor entered the room.

“Oh Michael, are you okay? Do you remember me?” an all too familiar British accent said. Lauren was alive and sincere in her words. Vaughn stared at her in disbelief and confusion.

“What are you doing here?” he said in a cold, unwelcoming voice.

“Sweetheart, I came to see you. I’ve been worried sick about you.” She replied pleasantly. She’s lying! I hate her! Vaughn turned to Weiss.

“How could you let her in here after all she did to me?”

“Whoa, buddy. What are you talking about? Don’t get me into this.” Weiss said as he put up his hands like he was surrendering.

“She was ordered to marry me by The Covenant so she could get some inside information on the CIA, remember?!”

“Michael,” Lauren said calmly, “nobody ever ordered me to marry you. We met at the bank, remember? I was the teller and you asked me to go on a date with you, so I did. Then, you proposed to me at a hockey game after we had dated for six months.”

“I don’t know what you have planned to do to me now, but its not working. Now, where’s Sydney’s hospital room?”

“Who’s Sydney? Michael, I love you, but I wish you weren’t acting like this now. Please don’t get up. Try and get some rest. Try to remember us Michael, the way we were before.” Vaughn got up and walked towards the door as Lauren spoke. “Michael, please, I love you. Don’t you still love me?” Lauren begged.

“Weiss, tell me where Sydney, the girl who was in the car with me, is.”

“Mike, don’t do this.” Weiss replied.

“Tell me, Weiss.”

“She’s in room number 47.” Immediately after he heard the room number, Vaughn left the room. Lauren began to weep, and Weiss comforted her.

Okay, I new to this whole pm thing so I tried to pm all of you guys, and if you didn't get it, let me know. Oh, and don't worry about Lauren. It will turn out okay, I promise.

Sorry, I forgot to put a disclaimer.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters, as you guys all know. Would be nice if i did, but i don't.

Keep posting you guys. Thanks.

Back