A World Unknown

Chapter 10

The words didn’t register in Sydney’s head immediately. “What do you mean we can’t? Can’t they run out of the fluid?” Nadia sighed.

“When Sloane and Sark use up all of the Rambaldi fluid on us, The Prophecy will be fulfilled. At least, that’s what Sloane thinks.”

“But its not just you and me, its Vaughn too. Do you know why they would need him?”

“Maybe Sloane has a grudge against him and so he-.”

“No… Sark does. Vaughn killed Lauren.”

As Sydney left the jail cells, she was stopped by Vaughn. “Hey, so did she know what is going on here?”

“Yeah, but I’ll explain later.”

“Syd, this isn’t a light subject. You can’t just put it aside until later.”

“Okay, fine. We’re apparently trapped in Rambaldi’s parallel universe…” as Sydney explained the whole story to Vaughn quietly, she realized how crazy it sounded.

“So what do we do?” Vaughn asked.

“Nothing. We can’t do a thing.”

“I think you’re wrong.”

“What? Why?”

“I think the next time the Rambaldi fluid’s effect wears out on us we can try and sabotage Sloane and Sark’s plan. We just need to be quick.”

“I guess there’s no harm in trying it. I’ll go tell Nadia so she can try too.” Sydney headed for the cells again, but passed out on the floor. The Rambaldi fluid had worn out momentarily for her.

The dreams came, except this time she knew it was reality. She saw Sark and Sloane approaching her. Sydney tried to get up, but she was locked down. “I know what you are doing to me and I’ll figure out a way out of this!” She screamed at them. Sloane smiled grimly.

“It will be too late then Sydney.” He replied calmly. She looked for the shadow she had seen before in the dreams; she had to know who it was. She turned to her right side just as Sloane injected another dosage of the fluid in her and caught a glimpse of the mysterious shadow figure’s face. Although it was dark, and her vision was fading, she knew exactly who it was. It was her father, Jack Bristow. Lauren’s last words rang through her head as she switched from the real world back to Rambaldi’s world once again.

“I f you kill me, you'll never know the truth. Do you think the CIA couldn't find you when you went missing, or that you learned what happened to you by chance? And if your mother is really helping you since you left, why haven't you spoken to her? You can't believe that your sister and you both just happen to be agents. We’re both pawns in the same game, but I know who controls me…”

hey i beat the PM .. yay... cool update... im glad syd and vaughn arent in this alone :smiley:... hopefully they'll find a way out of this strange little world...

((Sweet Dreams))

awesome update
this just keeps getting better and better!

thanks for the pm!

luv JuJu :harp:

ooh, i think i kinda get it more now!! sort of. hehe. im slow about these things.. but i'll get it eventually!! hope all turns out well and they can escape from sark and sloane.. :P

thanks for the PM's!!

Cai
:miniflower:

Chapter 11

Sydney awoke with Vaughn and other agents around her. “Vaughn, my dad is in on this too! This whole time he’s been scheming against me!” she was in rage as she yelled this. She was so much in rage that she didn’t realize he was one of the agents standing over her.

“Sweetheart, what do you mean I’m scheming against you?” he said very innocently, yet fake. He dismissed everyone around them and pulled her into an empty room. He pulled out a pen from his pocket and pushed a button on it. “Okay Sydney, now we can talk. We have 2 minutes before Sloane can hear this conversation.”

“Dad, I know what is going on, you don’t have to act anymore. I know what you’ve done to Nadia, Vaughn, and me. How could you?”

“Sydney, you know as well as I do not to jump to conclusions, especially in the business we’re in. I’m not scheming against you, I’m protecting you.”

“How are you protecting me when you’re letting Sloane and Sark do this to me?”

“It was the only way I could protect you. Sloane kidnapped you and Vaughn with the help of Sark. I first went to the CIA, but they weren’t prepared to go after you immediately; I needed immediate action so I decided to go and get you myself. In order to do that, I had to contact Sloane and lie to him about putting Rambaldi before my daughter; like him. He believed me and let me in, but I knew I couldn’t proceed immediately; I had to get his trust first. He trusts me now, and because of that, we can finally catch him this time. I already called the CIA for backup to get you, Vaughn, and Nadia out of this. They will be coming shortly.”

“How come you didn’t tell me this earlier?”

“I was hoping you might come out of this thinking it was all just a bad dream. And Sloane can hear all that is said in this world; he has some sort of Rambaldi communication device. He asked me to give you, Vaughn, and Nadia this serum to forget what is occurring.” He held up three bottles of a blue fluid.

“Dad, how many more doses of the Rambaldi fluid are left?”

“Well, now since Sloane knows that you know what is happening, he’s stepped up the process. There are exactly two more doses of the fluid left for each of you.” After he said that, the pen beeped twice and they couldn’t talk any longer. “You see sweetheart, I think you just hit your head a little too hard when you passed out.” He said acting as if nothing had happened.

“Yeah I guess so, but it was so real . . . what is going on here Dad?” Sydney asked, acting as if he gave her the serum to make her forget what happened.

“I don’t know Sydney, but its okay. We’ll figure it out.” Jack continued his acting and smiled at how smart his daughter was.

“Thanks for believing me Dad.”

“Of course.” He replied as he got up and left the room. Sydney smiled now that she knew her dad had been on her side all this time. She began to black out once more. The CIA must be there. She thought as Rambaldi’s world faded out of her sight for the last time. Vaughn saw her and thought her father had done something to her to make her faint again. He headed towards Sydney to see if she was okay, but he began to black out too. Nadia did the same. The Prophecy was not fulfilled.

Chapter 12

Sydney woke first. She recognized the room as yet another hospital room. “Is this the real world?” she asked, anxious to know. She looked to see if anyone was around to answer and spotted her dad.

“Yes, the CIA raided Sark and Sloane. Its all over sweetheart.” He hugged her in relief.

“Where is Vaughn?” She looked to her left and noticed only Nadia next to her, the other bed was empty.

“Sydney, he had to be taken to the hospital immediately. He was bleeding from his stomach. We think Sark did it to him as an act of revenge for what he did to Lauren.”

“Is he going to be okay?” she asked with tears in her eyes.

“I don’t know; the doctors haven’t released any information about him yet.”

“So it was real. His injury in Rambaldi’s world was real.” She sat in disbelief. Nadia came over to her and hugged her.

“It will be okay Sydney.” she said, in a very comforting voice. Then, she turned to Jack and asked, “Did they get Sark and Sloane in custody?”

“Yes, they’re captured. And we were able to identify the agent that was paid off by Sloane to help Sark escape, he’s in custody too.” Just then, a doctor entered the room.

“Hello ladies, how are we feeling?” he asked.

“We’re feeling fine, how’s Vaughn?” was Sydney’s reply. It was said in a rude way, but it was necessary to get the point across that she was worried deeply about Vaughn. The doctor seemed to understand her worries.

“He’s fine. He just got out of surgery. If you want to see him, he’s in the room two rooms down to the right. I don’t think he is awake, though.”

“Thank you.” She said as she got up and walked towards the door. Sydney followed the doctor’s instructions and found herself in Vaughn’s hospital room. She sat in the chair right next him and stroked his hair, crying. Vaughn slowly opened his eyes and looked at her. He grinned and put his hand on her cheek.

“Hey Syd.” He said in a whisper.

“Hey, how are you feeling?”

“Great, now that you’re here.” The door creaked open, but they didn’t pay any attention to who it was.

“Oh Vaughn, I love you.” She leaned over and hugged him. He kissed her gently.

“I love you too, Syd.”

“Wow, its like I’m watching ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’.” Weiss said from the doorway. Vaughn and Sydney laughed. “There’s just one thing missing.” He went over to Vaughn and handed him something.

“Thanks for getting that for me Weiss.”

“No problem. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go.” He smiled and left the room.

“What did he give you, Vaughn?” Sydney asked. She got up to shut the door that Weiss had left open.

“Don’t worry about it.” Vaughn looked down at the case Weiss gave him. Vaughn had picked it out himself just for Sydney. He opened it up and looked at the shiny ring inside. He smiled to himself as he closed the case and hid it from Sydney. She had turned around and was walking back to him. After she had sat down, he knew that it was a perfect time to ask her. “Sydney,” he started as he pulled out the box once more, “love is a never ending feeling. And when you love someone, all of your saved-up wishes start coming out. This has always been true with you, and no one else. That is why you’re the one for me. Sydney, will you be my wife?” She looked at him and smiled.

“Yes, Michael, I will.” They kissed passionately after Sydney placed the priceless ring on her finger. She was right, Vaughn was her future.

***THE END***

Thanks for all of your posts and support! I appreciate it! ~Bethany :D

The End?????? Oh man, I sure liked this story!

I'm a sucker for happy endings, so no complaints ;)

It was a pleasure to read! So maybe a sequel? (yes, that is a subtle hint)

Merry christmas :xmas:

YAY! Glad all this is over... Well you know, not the fic, but the rambaldi prophecy thingiemabob :D And duuuuude! He proposed to her! Perfect ending to the fic!!! :love:

LOVED the two chapters, and thanks for the pm!!

Cai
x

aww has the fic really ended?
omg you can't imagine how much i've enjoyed reading it
and he propsed?
that was so sweet
and sloane and sark were finally captured!
yay!

it had a prefect ending, i :love: it

luv JuJu :harp:

Back