Agents in Hiding

TITLE: Agents in Hiding
DISCLAIMER: I don't own alias or any of it's characters.
SUMMARY: This is before phase one. SD-6 is still running. Arvin Sloane starts to suspect Syd of disloyalty which puts Syd in trouble. Syd is helped by her guardian angel.
CLASSIFICATION: s/v later, humour & lil action

This is my first fan fic so i would appreciate alot of honest reveiws. Be as honest as you like i will not be upset. I would also like to know if you like the title. If not could you please offer a suggestion.
ENJOY luv Kate

CHAPTER 1

I gazed into the eyes of the man I hated most. Arvin Sloane. He was the one person on this planet I could have just killed in cold blood. I know that sounds horrible but that’s how much I hate him. “Sydney, are you ok’ His voice brought me back to reality. I smiled weakly, “I’m fine, just thinking.” It was hard to continuing the act of an sd-6 officer but that’s what I have to do. I could feel Arvin’s concerned gaze on me so I looked up and met it.

Marshal chose that exact time to walk in and start a welcome back speak. “Hey Syd, did you have a good break?”
“Yes, I did thanks” Another lie. That one was more difficult though because it was to one of my friends. My life is full of lies and sometimes I just get sick of it. When I start to feel depressed about my life I talk to Vaughn. He always seems to have the right things to say. “Just remember I’m your ally”
“So Syd, what did you get up to?”
“Oh, I mainly just caught up on sleep and caught up with friends.” In fact I wasn’t even in the country. My Dad had organised it so I could go on a mission for the CIA, to Russia.

FLASHBACK

(In a plane over the Atlantic)

“Vaughn, explain this op again. I mean why do we have to sit around for two days and watch a building, while slowly freezing to death? Couldn’t they get two low ranking officers? This operation isn’t very difficult.”
“It’s not going to be that bad. For starters you have me for company and you won’t freeze to death, I would never let that happen,” he said truthfully, “The warehouse that we have to watch is a known alliance storage building. The CIA thinks that the alliance is storing a Rambaldi artefact. We have to watch for any evidence of the artefact and if we have enough prove we go in a steal it. That why we have to do this and not a lower ranking agent.”
“Sounds fun, but where do we actually watch from? We’re not going to be outside are we?”
“There’s a forest across...”
“Vaughn, we are going to watching from a forest? A forest is outside. Do you know how cold it is in Russia?
“Yes I do, which is why I’ve got two flasks of hot chocolate and plenty of blankets” he smiled and held up two flasks and four blue blankets.

(In the forest across from the warehouse)

Vaughn was looking at the warehouse through binoculars while Syd was snuggled warmly next to him.
“Vaughn do you want me to take over, while you rest?”
“No, you need to rest more than me.”
“But you’ve been watching the warehouse for four hours now?
“Syd, it’s ok. I’m used to not sleeping much. You sleep and I’ll wake you up if anything happens.”
“Ok, but make sure you do wake me up. Night.”
“Goodnight” Sydney fell asleep almost immediately. Vaughn watched her sleep for 5 minutes before continuing to watch the warehouse.

It was about 2 hours later when something happened. “Syd wake up. Something’s happening at the warehouse.” Sydney got her binoculars out of her back and watched two men carry a box to a van. The men were carrying guns and looking around suspiciously.
“They must be carrying the artefact in the box. Let’s go get it. Vaughn you go around the van to your left and I’ll go to the right.”
“Ok, Syd be careful”
“Always” Sydney replied as she got up and headed to the right. Sydney and Vaughn reached the van just as the men closed the boot and started to make their way to the front.
“What the h***? Who are you?” Syd quickly knocked out one the guys as Vaughn forced the other to the ground. “What’s in the box?” Vaughn asked while slowly breaking one of the guy’s fingers.
“Ahhhhhhh, just a few old books.”
“Syd go check it out” Sydney runs to the boot and looks in the box.
“Vaughn, he’s telling the truth. There are just old book in here.”
“Ok, what else is in the warehouse?”
“It’s just ancient stuff like the books. We have to take everything to the museum.”
“Why are you carrying guns?”
“This is Russia, a gun is a necessity.”
“There’s nothing here, lets go Syd”

END OF FLASHBACK

“Marshal sit down please. Ok everyone the next mission is in France. There is a lab in Nice that we know is storing a Rambaldi artefact. The man on screen is Gamblin Monoskin. He owns the lab. He is a very dangerous man who the US government want destroyed. Marshal can you explain more about the artefact?”
“Yes Sir, umm nice tie you’re wearing today. Did you get it from…?”
“Marshal get on with it!”
“Yes Sir. Ok this Rambaldi masterpiece was designed to enhance your lifespan. So instead of living 80 years you live 120 years. It’s one of his earlier pieces so he wasn’t going for full immortality. I’m sure your thinking whatever, it just looks like a clock but Rambaldi was very deceptive. The actually clock’s not important unless you didn’t have a clock. It would look nice in a living room. Anyway Rambaldi has said that a small locket is concealed somewhere in the clock.”
“What does the locket have to do with anything?”
“Well inside the locket there are detailed instructions about how life can be extended.”
“Sydney, you’re going in alone. You just have to bring the clock back here. The facility isn’t guard too heavily. You leave in 3hrs. Marshal will give you your equipment and the blue prints to the lab.”

Sloane left the meeting and went straight into his office. He was unsure about Sydney she seemed to be distant. I have to check her out just to make sure, he thought to himself as he picked up the phone.
“Get me security.”
“Yes Mr Sloane”
“This is security, what would you like Mr Sloane?”
“I want Miss Bristow followed. I want to know who she meets with and anything else that comes across suspicious.”
“Certainly. May I ask why Agent Bristow?”
“No you may not”

One hour later Sydney was on her way to the warehouse to receive her counter-mission. She loved her warehouse meetings because she could be alone with Vaughn. She new it was against protocol to like Vaughn but she couldn’t help it. Sydney was so caught up with her feelings for Vaughn she didn’t realise she was being followed.

my first reveiws, i so excited
i just want to say SORRY for all the spelling errors and stuff
eg.It was hard to continuing the......
i meant it was hard to continue the act.....
if you dont undstand something just ask me

the next update could possible be tomorrow but it's not likely because it's my birthday tomorrow and i'll be partying. So expect the next update in 2 days.
i'll add you guys to my pm list

luv kate

OMG!!!! This is sooooo good!! Please please please PM me when you update, thanks!

P.S. The spelling errors are OK, I can understand them, and I can;t say much about the title yet because there isn't much to go on.

:happybirthday:

:::~*Ryan*~:::

CHAPTER 2

At 7.00pm, Sydney walked through the gates and into the warehouse. Vaughn heard the gates close and immediately stopped pacing. As Sydney came into view they both stared at each other making sure they kept the memory of one another in their minds. Syd looked at Vaughn and could tell he was nervous by his ruffed up hair (because he had been pushing his hand through it) and his small shy smile. Something different, was next to Vaughn. Instead of his normal business suitcase he takes everywhere with him he had a travelling bag.
“Are you going on a holiday Vaughn?
“Well actually I’m tagging along with you.”
“Wait, What? Am I going on a holiday?”
“No, I’m helping you in Nice.” Vaughn said through his smile. “Kendal said I have to go out in the field more often, so he assigned me to be the one to get the clock from you. I will still be on the other end of your comp link, most of the time. You just have to meet me in the ladies bathroom at the airport. We will make the copy, then give it to you.”
“You’re going to be in the ladies bathroom?” Sydney said trying her hardest not to laugh. ”Are you going to dress up and wear makeup?” They both burst out laughing.
Once Sydney had recovered from laughing she asked “Why did you bring your stuff here? The plane doesn’t leave until 9 o’clock.”
“Well I figured we go to the airport together and it will probably take you an hour at the least to get ready which by then it will be 10 o’clock.”
“We, together?” Sydney couldn’t disguise her confusion.
“Yes we. We can leave your car here and I will drive. It’s not really a big deal.”
“Vaughn, you no as well as I do what a big deal this would be. For a start it’s against protocol. Both our lives will be risked.” Sydney starts to get angry at the suggestion. “And you’re still with Alice.” Sydney immediately stops. She didn’t know where that came from. She could see the hurt in his eyes and felt ashamed at her outburst. “Vaughn……I’m sor...”
“No Syd, it’s true. I was stupid to even suggest it. The worst thing I could do would be to put your life in danger, and that’s exactly what I was suggesting. But you’re wrong about one thing. I’m not with Alice. I never should have been. She’s not the one for me. You are”
Vaughn handed Syd her comp link and walked off into the rain outside. Sydney watched him walk off, too shocked to say anything. She knows how hard it was for him to admit his feelings because she was having that same trouble. As Syd walked to her car she thought to herself. I have to tell him I love him. I can phone him, no my phone’s tapped. I can use my comp link. Syd starts fiddling with her comp link trying to turn it on.

As Sydney struggles with the comp link in her car the two men that are following her begin to make a call.
“Get Mr Sloane”
“Sloane speaking”
“Sir, you ask us to report any suspicious activity agent Bristow gets up to?”
“Yes, what did you find?”
“About 10 minutes ago Miss Bristow met with a CIA officer at a secluded warehouse. The CIA officer left about two minutes ago and agent Bristow is sitting in her car. How should we proceed?”
“Bring her in to interrogation.”
“Yes Sir”

Sydney waited for 2 minutes before giving up in frustration. Vaughn wouldn’t answer her. She wasn’t quite sure why he was mad. Probably because of the Alice comment. Sydney started to hear static on the other side of the comp link and a faint voice.
“Syd, Syd. Are you ok?”
“I’m fine, I just needed to talk to you.”
“Is this about what I said because it’s ok if you don’t feel the same way. I understand if you want a new handler.”
“No Vaughn I don’t want another handler. Is that why you left because you thought I didn’t like you? I thought you were mad at me?” Vaughn’s silence answered her question. “Listen I have been wanting to tell you this for ages. Since the pier.

FLASHBACK (pier)
VAUGHN: Okay, listen to me. There's something you need to know. When you first walked into my office with that stupid Bozo hair, I thought you were crazy. I thought you might actually be a crazy person. But I watched you, and I read your statement, and I've seen... I've seen how you think, I've seen how you work, I've seen how you are in this job. In this job, you see darkness. You see the worst in people and though the jobs are different and the missions change, and the enemies have a thousand names, the one crucial thing, the one real responsibility you have is to not let your rage, and your resentment, and your disgust, darken you. When you're at your absolute lowest, at your most depressed, just remember that you can always... you know. You got my number.

(A few seconds pass. Sydney grabs Vaughn's hand, and holds on tight.)

END OF FLASHBACK

Vaughn, I lov……what the ahhhhhhhh.”
“Syd, are you ok? Can you hear me?”
“Vaughn there’s four of them…at……warehouse…..come…..love…...” Vaughn heard the comp link go dead. He spun his car around and raced for the warehouse.

End of chapter. Hope you like it. R&R

Back