Course Selections

I'm also choosing my courses for 8th grade next year. Most of them are pre-selected for me though.

Spanish 1B
Algebra 1
Literature 8
Composition 8
U.S. History
P.E.
Bible 8

I'm still thinking about electives...my school doesn't offer much...I'm thinking Art...but I heard the teacher's not very good...or Speech & Debate...still don't feel too keen on that one.

C++ AND Java? :blink: woah. :lol: We learn Turing in grade 11 comp sci and Java in grade 12 (which I didn't take. ;) )
--Mandy :angelic:

I would be taking Basic Programming next year if only the prerequisite wasn't to have completed Algebra 1. <_< Anyways, I found that Comp Sci isn't really for me :P

Aliasfan13 said:
I would be taking Basic Programming next year if only the prerequisite wasn't to have completed Algebra 1. <_< Anyways, I found that Comp Sci isn't really for me :P
[post="1223419"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I dunno. Comp sci for me was a lot of work. In about the 7 month that we've actually programmed (we didnt' get on the computers until the end of November) We made a paint program, a dice roll game, and another game. So it was a lot of late nights. It was worth it though. ;) I thought it was quite.... enlightening. ;)

I wanted to take some computer classes next year, but I didn't have time. My school doesn't really offering anything in the area I'm interested in (graphic design, web development, etc) but I think I'll take some A+ classes my senior year.

I was going to take Web Design, but my school teaches with FrontPage which is useless because I want to learn straight HTML coding. Anyway. Also, I took Visual Basic Pt. 1 this year (102 on my final (y)). It was very easy, and we did some easy programs.

Sophomore Year (HS) schedule pour moi:

Algebra II ACC
World Studies ACC (English and S.S. combined, 2 period class)
Physics ACC
French II ACC
Spanish I ACC
3-d Art
Gym

i learned turing but just the basics cause I needed it for my computer engineering class but next year is also my last year of high school and I just finished course selections and i am taking:

AP Biology
AP Physics
Geometry and Discrete Math
Functions and Calc
English
Grade 12 Art which is a course were we get to choose what we do, to make one final assignment and submit it (I am going into architecture) so I would be designing a building of some sorts.
Chemistry

Almost an asian six pack. (3 maths and 3 sciences for those who don't know).

:lol: almost. :P

Your school offers AP coureses?! :o_O: I'm gonna try to take physics in summer school. I suck at it. <_<
--mandy :angelic:

:lol: I have one spare next year. :P

but your school offeres AP courses?!!!

yeah, they are supposed to be there to give you more experience and some more learning skills on top of what we have :ugh: and apparently AP Bio is the hardest course my school offers. and some schools look at AP courses so that was the only reason I took them.

oh. :blink: I never knew Canadian high schools offered any AP coureses. :thinking:

Yeah it is weird cause my school is international and is a private school, but I think they only give the option because most of the kids here are going to the States.

asian six pack....hehe that's pretty funny

I don't think it's possible to have one of those at our school with our silly requirements for enrollment

laugh.gif I have one spare next year. tongue.gif

but your school offeres AP courses?!!!
--mandy angel.gif

I have 0.... :blink:

fong_11 said:
Yeah it is weird cause my school is international and is a private school, but I think they only give the option because most of the kids here are going to the States.
[post="1226675"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
ooooh. I see. cool. ^_^

facade47 said:
It's an introductory course to C++ and JAVA  :smiley:
[post="1223297"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Your school teaches C++ and Java together?? That's interesting cuz they used to teach Pascal in gr.11 then Java in gr.12 but now it's C++ in gr.11 cuz all the Mac's are gone and the environment for Pascal on PCs don't have visual libraries.

mystery_chick said:
C++ AND Java? :blink: woah. :lol: We learn Turing in grade 11 comp sci and Java in grade 12 (which I didn't take. ;) )
[post="1223409"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

What's Turing? :confused:

fong_11 said:
i learned turing but just the basics cause I needed it for my computer engineering class but next year is also my last year of high school and I just finished course selections and i am taking:

AP Biology
AP Physics
Geometry and Discrete Math
Functions and Calc
English
Grade 12 Art which is a course were we get to choose what we do, to make one final assignment and submit it (I am going into architecture) so I would be designing a building of some sorts.
Chemistry

Almost an asian six pack. (3 maths and 3 sciences for those who don't know).
[post="1226645"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ha ha... asian six pack, hate those. (I'm Chinese FYI) Must share this terminology w/ my asian friends. ^_^

Next year, my last/ gr.12th year, I'm taking:
  • Data Management (so I can apply to more universities *groan*)
  • Pre-Calculus
  • English
  • Drama (need Drama or I'll go crazy, lol)
  • Gr.11 and 12 Cisco so I can do the A+ test and get certified :D
  • Chemistry
  • Accounting
I'm applying for linguistics, hopefully in Ottawa where I currently live, and the only pre-requisites is English and Pre-Calc or Data Management. McMaster needs English, Pre-Calc and Data Management or Discrete Math and Geometry. :blink: Too much math for me!

<plug>Mandy, apply to Carleton University in Ottawa... It's a great school!</plug>

I'm so glad I took gr.11 programming last year in gr.10 and taking gr.12 programming this year. Frees up my workload a bit, lol.

Katrina Halliwell said:
Your school teaches C++ and Java together?? That's interesting cuz they used to teach Pascal in gr.11 then Java in gr.12 but now it's C++ in gr.11 cuz all the Mac's are gone and the environment for Pascal on PCs don't have visual libraries.
What's Turing? :confused:
Ha ha... asian six pack, hate those. (I'm Chinese FYI) Must share this terminology w/ my asian friends. ^_^

Next year, my last/ gr.12th year, I'm taking:
  • Data Management (so I can apply to more universities *groan*)
  • Pre-Calculus
  • English
  • Drama (need Drama or I'll go crazy, lol)
  • Gr.11 and 12 Cisco so I can do the A+ test and get certified :D
  • Chemistry
  • Accounting
I'm applying for linguistics, hopefully in Ottawa where I currently live, and the only pre-requisites is English and Pre-Calc or Data Management. McMaster needs English, Pre-Calc and Data Management or Discrete Math and Geometry. :blink: Too much math for me!

<plug>Mandy, apply to Carleton University in Ottawa... It's a great school!</plug>

I'm so glad I took gr.11 programming last year in gr.10 and taking gr.12 programming this year. Frees up my workload a bit, lol.

[post="1228327"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: now your coureses are so much more familiar to me. :lol:

Turing is another programming enviroment for PC. Uhh... other than that, there's nothing more to tell other than the fact that it crashes really easily. ;)

I would apply to Carleton if I was going into Journalism or something language related. ;) My old grade 8 teacher went ot Carleton. ;) and we stayed at one of their dorms when we were in Ottawa when I was in grade 7 :lol: good times, good times. ^_^

Katrina Halliwell said:
Ahh... now I won't try looking for Turing, lol.

Ah, cool. I would do journalism but I hate covering current events, too depressing.

[post="1228336"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: haha. ya. it was alright. Turing was a little.. blah. ;)

:lol:

Back