Required Courses at School

in my school we need 4 language arts, 2 maths, 2 sciences, 1/2 health, 4 social studies, 1 physical education, 1/2 computer, and 6 electives and then we need 20 credits to graduate.

man! I envy you all who can actually pick your course in grade 7 + 8! I didn't at all! argh! but it's better now even though it's still pretty restricted.
--Mandy :angelic:

Don't worry...I've got crazy teachers too. My history one from last year was soo old...and had no idea what she was doing. Grades were based upon her circle and triangle grading system (someone looked in her book once!) and whether or not she could hear you when you talked. I happened to get an A, only because I didn't talk and treat her bad!
And this year....my english teacher treats us all like little 1st graders. And one of the guys in our class, finally took the initiative to say while acting out his vocabulary word that we hate being treated like that....it cracked us all up!!! She overexplains everything, we've written one research paper this year, and my writing skills have gone down so much...which bothers me a lot!

My teacher will start the lesson talking about the history of Italy, right? Someonewill say that her parents were born in Italy. Our teacher will then say that she's 1/4 Italian and start ranting about all of her grandparents and great-grandparents. And then for homework we'll be assigned to make a family tree. Now how does that work out? :blink:

SiriCerasi said:
aliasgirl000 said:
oo i'm part german did u know?
I AM TOO! :woot:
me 3 haha but n e wayz the reqired classes at my highschool well this is all i know for now is Biology (sp?) and 3 years of a foreign language im taken spanish cuz i know that language best and plus my sister took it and saved all her papers hehe ^_^
~Kay~

we have to take four years of english, 2 of science, 3 history, 3 foreign language, 3 math, 3 semesters of arts and 2 years p.e.

i don't really mind required courses b/c the school probably knows best what colleges are looking for. plus, i'd be just taking these classes anyway...

We have to take 3 years or 2 years of 2 different ones for an honors diploma....but most everyone does anyways. But this honors diploma of ours has so much more to it...around 22 or 23 credits, certain g.p.a and different classes.

The only subject that I ever had to take in high school was English :P But I hated it. Do any of you guys have to watch a movie in class and then go through it bit by bit to look at the camera angles and different parts of the script for english? We did and it totally ruiened my ability to watch a movie for entertainment, now i always here my teacher in the back of my mind asking 'now why do you think the chose that camer angle and why do you think they used that particular word instead of this one?' an i sit there and go I Don't care!!! Aaarrrggghhh! ::Pulls out hair:: I once yelled that out at the movies without realising it and the attendent came over and told me that if i spoke again I would have to leave LOL! :D

we've never done that, but we have to remember every single little detail for the quizes that we convienently have after we watch it every day, or we have worksheets that we have to fill out as we watch the movie and then try to find symbolism and foreshadowing things like that. it completely ruins the movie.

Yeah...English can become a real pain, especailly in the beginning of the year when my teacher insited on giving us tests on all the nit picky detailes in a bunch of stories we read by Edgar Allen Poe! But we got to watch all the movies!!!

Well in the next HS I am going to It is required that you take the normal subjects...eng, math, sci, ss and a foriegn language. But I need to take two foriegn languages, a modern language (spanish, french, chinese, italian, ect.) and a classic language (latin, ancient greek or hebrew)

If I went to the specialized sci school I was accpeted to i would hafta take mechnaical drafting.

If I had to pick two of those Languages I would pick ancient Greek, and I'm still tossing up between Spanish and Italian. (I can't decide which country has the cuter and richer guys for me to marry!!!)LOL

glimmerofhope said:
The only subject that I ever had to take in high school was English :P But I hated it. Do any of you guys have to watch a movie in class and then go through it bit by bit to look at the camera angles and different parts of the script for english? We did and it totally ruiened my ability to watch a movie for entertainment, now i always here my teacher in the back of my mind asking 'now why do you think the chose that camer angle and why do you think they used that particular word instead of this one?' an i sit there and go I Don't care!!! Aaarrrggghhh! ::Pulls out hair:: I once yelled that out at the movies without realising it and the attendent came over and told me that if i spoke again I would have to leave LOL! :D
that would totally ruin it for me too. i'd sit there with my teacher's comments in my head...what i hate is when teachers make you over analyze a novel so much that you cant stand it anymore

Back