Required Courses at School

Aliasgirl47 said:
we had testing this year. i hate it and i have all advanced classes which isn't a big deal, it's just no fun. i am not gonna be in the gifted class next year, but Matt won't be there and my best friend dropped out of that class so why go?
What kinda testing?

i could have taken them in 6th grade, but i decided not too. All the people who were in the 97th percintile and up on the meap's (michigan tests) were offered to take it. i didn't

We always had the proficiency tests in 9th grade...but then they decided to have this crazy OGT....ohio graduation test....instead. And of course my sophomore year, they decide to make us the guinea pigs!

And of course the act, sat, and the psat (which is the only one I've taken).
And while on that....why do people take the sat so young? I feel like I'm the only person in my grade who hasn't!

uggghh yours all sound so much better than what my school make us take. we have to get 4 English 1 French (as a second language in Canada) 3 Math, and 1 of them have to be in grade 11 or 12, 2 Science 1 Canadian Geo, 1 Canadain History, 1 arts (so anything, music, drama or visual art) 1 PE, 1/2 in civics and 1/2 in career studies. plus another credit in either english or third language, or social sciences and the humanites, or Canadian and world studies. Plus 1 additional credit in PE or arts or bussines. Plus 1 additional credit in Science or technological education. and we need 30 credits to graduate. But I dont' really mind. I take 4 enriched right now, and next year i'm taking 3 because I'm dropping french (really bad mark) any ways I'm off to study for my geo test tomorrow :D
--mandy :angelic:

nance said:
me tooo!!! i hate it i hate it i hate it!!! this year our teacher doesn't TEACH so on yesterday's test i got 21 questions wrong!!! it's ridiculous!!! and bio next year.. ugh and it's the high class :banghead:
we're taking biology next year too...what grade are you in? i'm in 8th...

but, our teacher doesnt teach us anything! i mean, we had a test the other day and we got our results back, and you know what the average score was for the short answer portion of the test (they were graded seperatly from the scantron)...most people for 2-5 points out of 29!!! yep...we sure flunked that part of the test. then, on the scantron part of the test, there were 45 questions and most people got about 27-33 points on that! what percentage is that? myself, i got 5 points on the short answer portion and 30pts on the scantron...so that wasnt too bad...anyways, even though everyone is doing really badly on the tests, she says almost everyone has A's in the class...besides the fact that she gives out the most extra credit i know (one kid has 1000pts extra credit! and his mom did all the work!), besides the fact that she gives us all the answers for our work and then makes it worth like, 200pts ( free points), she's retiring this year, and at our school, if you're about to retire, you can do whatever you want! i mean, our science teacher can get a student all U's for coop. and workhabits and other stuff in all their classes. but, anyways, no one has to worry about their grade. everyone is practically guareenteed an A..cuz you know what she's going to do? everyone who has at least a C in her class, she's giving them an A on the final report card...

but she's a weird/cool teacher. like, today she had a living cockroach in a bottle under her desk, and this kid asked for it to get back at this girl who took his oreo from his lunch, and SHE GAVE HIM THE ROACH! we were just like, is she nuts? this kid is very unpredicitable. so, the kid with the roach was chasing the girl around the room, and then he brought the roach back to his desk and HE LET THE ROACH OUT!!! yes! the roach was walking around the desk, and then it fell to the floor and started scurrying around! everyone was screaming and jumping around. all this time, our teacher was just laughing and then went on grading papers. eventually, we got the roach back tho...it was hilarous tho! the teacher always does cool stuff like that...she's everyone's fav

anyone have a teacher like this ^?

VaughnFan13 said:
nance said:
me tooo!!! i hate it i hate it i hate it!!! this year our teacher doesn't TEACH so on yesterday's test i got 21 questions wrong!!! it's ridiculous!!! and bio next year.. ugh and it's the high class :banghead:

but, our teacher doesnt teach us anything! i mean, we had a test the other day and we got our results back, and you know what the average score was for the short answer portion of the test (they were graded seperatly from the scantron)...most people for 2-5 points out of 29!!! yep...we sure flunked that part of the test. then, on the scantron part of the test, there were 45 questions and most people got about 27-33 points on that! what percentage is that? myself, i got 5 points on the short answer portion and 30pts on the scantron...so that wasnt too bad...anyways, even though everyone is doing really badly on the tests, she says almost everyone has A's in the class...besides the fact that she gives out the most extra credit i know (one kid has 1000pts extra credit! and his mom did all the work!), besides the fact that she gives us all the answers for our work and then makes it worth like, 200pts ( free points), she's retiring this year, and at our school, if you're about to retire, you can do whatever you want! i mean, our science teacher can get a student all U's for coop. and workhabits and other stuff in all their classes. but, anyways, no one has to worry about their grade. everyone is practically guareenteed an A..cuz you know what she's going to do? everyone who has at least a C in her class, she's giving them an A on the final report card...

but she's a weird/cool teacher. like, today she had a living cockroach in a bottle under her desk, and this kid asked for it to get back at this girl who took his oreo from his lunch, and SHE GAVE HIM THE ROACH! we were just like, is she nuts? this kid is very unpredicitable. so, the kid with the roach was chasing the girl around the room, and then he brought the roach back to his desk and HE LET THE ROACH OUT!!! yes! the roach was walking around the desk, and then it fell to the floor and started scurrying around! everyone was screaming and jumping around. all this time, our teacher was just laughing and then went on grading papers. eventually, we got the roach back tho...it was hilarous tho! the teacher always does cool stuff like that...she's everyone's fav

yea i'm in 8th grade too... wow stinky teacher but very weird!

nance said:
VaughnFan13 said:
nance said:

yea i'm in 8th grade too... wow stinky teacher but very weird!
lol...yeah, i know! *sigh* two of my teachers are retiring this year! my pe/homeroom teacher and my science teacher. and in 7th grade my english teacher retired. and in 6th grade, my history/english teacher transfered to abother school. :(

but yeah, at my school retiring teachers can do whatever they want at our school.

btw, i saw that a lot of you are taking advanced classes, and so am i, for 9th grade. i'm in this program, magnet, where all the smart kids go...yeah...i'm in adv. biology and english. we dont have history freshman year, i dont know french already so how would i be in an advanced class?, how do you get advanced classes in pe?, and in math, i'm in the slow course cuz i didnt really understand the math last year cuz the teacher sucked (no one understood it) so i got a D in the class, and was moved to the slower, yet higher (or so they say) adv. class

hmm... for french, i think there wouldn't be diff levels since no one knows it yet... and there is no advanced for PE. but there is for some electives llike in my highschool Accounting Honors. last year my math teacher OMG he didnt teach athing but this year- my teacher rocks! he is one of the best teachers that he teaches a class 2times the regular since the other math teacher didn't do a thing and all her kids failed the midterm so now the burden is on MY math teacher to teeach BOTh classes! i swear these teachers that don't teach shouldn't get PAID!

Back