Dragonrealms newbie?

And expect to get the snot bashed out of you both by guild members if you have an attitude, and other players if you try to steal a lot :smiley:

Oh, Kuzzle:

Track down Radigin in-game, I can probably give you a little push as far as some of your skills are concerned. Of course, I don't play all that much, and at odd hours to boot, but hey - something's better than nothing.

I'm usually located outside the NE gate (at least, when it's not under attack) and in rats. Sometimes I'm somewhere a bit more private, if that's the case don't worry about it.

This is my place for questions :smiley:

How do I light a cigar? I have a flint and not sure what else I may need but also not sure how to use three objects if that is the case.

I have some clippers and razors also. I learned how to trim up my mustache and beard but I can't seem to shave them off. My last Dwarf had a full beard coming in and this one seems to have a thin patchy one so was hoping shaving would help it grow better. So how do I shave it off?

*gasp* All these years I was thinking it was nature, not nurture. :P
Damn! I want to reroll now.

Seriously though, Kuzzle, from reading your post here ... your probably in for a tough time in that guild. However, I would also say it's the best guild for you. You just need to learn who to watch out for. Take Div for instance. Don't ever cross her in game. She killed my like 15 times in one afternoon.

She's one tough cookie! :P

Oh don't lie. :P

It was like 22 times.

This is my place for questions :smiley:

How do I light a cigar? I have a flint and not sure what else I may need but also not sure how to use three objects if that is the case.

I have some clippers and razors also. I learned how to trim up my mustache and beard but I can't seem to shave them off. My last Dwarf had a full beard coming in and this one seems to have a thin patchy one so was hoping shaving would help it grow better. So how do I shave it off?

Try: light cigar with flint
you have to have a knife in your other hand though

and I don't have a beard so I have no idea. I think you just keep clipping or shaving until it's gone.

Try: light cigar with flint
you have to have a knife in your other hand though

It should work with any edged weapon in your other hand I believe, not specifically a knife.

So, I was gone all weekend, did I miss anything other than thieves slapping each other around? That seems to be all I'm seeing ;)

Yeah I found out it was remove.

But what through me off about the cigars is that you put them on the ground and light them because you need a flint and something metal in your hands. Just found that to be weird is all.

I have heard rumors of there actually being a lighter somewhere.

Yeah I found out it was remove.

But what through me off about the cigars is that you put them on the ground and light them because you need a flint and something metal in your hands. Just found that to be weird is all.

I have heard rumors of there actually being a lighter somewhere.

I've never seen one, but then again I've never bothered to look since war mages can light things with their fingers ;)

For the record, I've rolled an empath and am LOVING it. I spend a lot of time in Crossing and would be happy to heal if anyone needs it ^^ Oramiwe

I'm definitely finding I feel lost without a graphical interface..If it kept to one room, I'd be able to get immersed into that room after a while, but an entire world without pictures so I can find my way around by landmarks!? Oy..

I played for awhile and had some fun, but I just can't bring myself to actually pay $15 (or more) for a mud (especially given how little playtime I can devote to it).

If it were $5 per month, then maybe, but when the game is the same price as graphical MMOs, it's just not right. How much less overhead must DR have...?

HEH I won't play most MMO's nowdays because they're not $5 or less a month. L2, EQ, WoW, you name it... and I grudgingly pay 16 for EQ2 this month.

Eh, I gladly give Simu my $15 a month. If I could I'd gladly give them the $40 a month for premium. I figure, I spent more a week on soda and junk food, and would spend nearly twice as much for a two hour movie with my boyfriend counting popcorn and soda. I get a heck of a lot more than two hours of enjoyment out of my games. I don't think graphics or lack there of enter into it, I didn't have to fork over an initial $50 to play DR, nor will I need to pay another 30-50 for expansions. (Ala EQ2, good grief). I've got twenty times the fun out of my $15 spent on DR than I did out of VG.

I think the designers and the active GMs, constant updates and additions add up. And like Vahsyl put it (roughly quoted) "I look at it as helping to pay for HJ" XD

Regardless, it's not everyone. Atleast you all tried it, and see what Simu is capable of. Would I have a million times more fun if I could actively play and RP with my friends? Sure, but I'm still having more fun that I have in a game in years.

Back