If you could add one race...

T

tasoli

What would it be? I would add either a Dark Elf or an Undead. I like both those races a lot, especially Dark Elf. I read some books by R.A. Salvatore about the Forgotten Realms and a drow named Drizzt, love that stuff. I always make a character who's a dark elf and dual-wields swords. :D

Originally posted by Kickinbama@Apr 21 2006, 09:28 AM
i think i would probably add Latino. love their food!

KickinBama
That's all well and good, but what fantasy race would you add. :P

I would add trolls. They are just way cool. They climb trees, and throw spears. And they're women are beautiful. Wouldn't you want trolls?

Id have to say...

EWOKS!

Little Furry guys running around with spears...it would be SO sweet!!

Have a city up in the trees, AMBUSH WITH ROCKS!!

to much fun

Dhampires. They could play like normal characters during the day, but then become insanely strong at night while suffering some sort of penalty to balance it out, like inability to heal normaly because they're hurt by holy magic and can't eat regular food, plus they can't use silver or holy equipment, and blessings lower their stats.

Originally posted by Azdel@Apr 22 2006, 04:04 PM
Dhampires. They could play like normal characters during the day, but then become insanely strong at night while suffering some sort of penalty to balance it out, like inability to heal normaly because they're hurt by holy magic and can't eat regular food, plus they can't use silver or holy equipment, and blessings lower their stats.
That's a lot of negatives.

Put me down for dark elves too. :Ph34r:

But unless I am mistaken, you can adjust skin tone in HJ. So probably you could make something pretty close to that, n'est-ce pas?

Centaurs! I would let people ride around on my back, only to lead then to their doom!
MUAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzHH!

Hell yeah! Drizzt rocks! I've got about 13 books in that series and Salvatore is a fabulous writter.

So I'll agree with you. Drow would be awesome to have especially in a lore rich game. ;)

Originally posted by tasoli+Apr 22 2006, 04:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tasoli @ Apr 22 2006, 04:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Azdel@Apr 22 2006, 04:04 PM
That's a lot of negatives. [/b][/quote]
It would have to be for that kind of power. Besides, it would be totally worth it!

Ents, or some sort of tree'ish being.

Sort of like Wood Elves, but more not human.

Or Wood Elves, From Magic The Gathering.

Originally posted by Aries@Apr 23 2006, 02:27 AM
Centaurs! I would let people ride around on my back, only to lead then to their doom!
MUAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzHH!
Centaurs would be pretty sweet. Hopefully later on they'll add a few very dynamic races that havn't ever even been thought of!

Beavers.

I have been playing Suikoden V lately and there is a race of smart, talking beavers.

Ok, seriously I don't know.
We already have
Orcs (Togs)
Humans (old bloods)
Dwarves (Stoic Burians)
Gnomes (Qwi)
Elves (Mistfolk, Earthfolk)
Animal People (Domestictes, Ferals)

These pretty much cover my favorite fantasy races. I guess I'd vote for some kind of Undead race or maybe a Construct.

Originally posted by deathmetal@Apr 24 2006, 09:28 PM
Beavers.

I have been playing Suikoden V lately and there is a race of smart, talking beavers.

Ok, seriously I don't know.
We already have
Orcs (Togs)
Humans (old bloods)
Dwarves (Stoic Burians)
Gnomes (Qwi)
Elves (Mistfolk, Earthfolk)
Animal People (Domestictes, Ferals)

These pretty much cover my favorite fantasy races. I guess I'd vote for some kind of Undead race or maybe a Construct.
They said in one article that they'll probably release Constructs in an expansion, and as for Undead, Dhampires are the coolest kind (unless rotting flesh is your thing) so you may want to side with me on that one (although there would have to be special rules for them as stated earlier or there would really be no point in including them, so Zombies are probably more practical. <_< )

Vampires would be a pretty sweet race to add. Although I don't know how you could balance vampires in the day ;)

Originally posted by frostydf2@Apr 24 2006, 10:09 PM
Vampires would be a pretty sweet race to add. Although I don't know how you could balance vampires in the day ;)
Which is precisely the point of using Dhampires. Their Vampire blood gives them all sorts of crazy powers, but their Human blood allows them to go out during the day. And now that I think of it, Dhampires generally worked as Demonslayers, so they should actually do extra damage to Undead foes even though they can't use holy weapons.

Dammit, now I'm all worked up over this idea, even though I know it will never happen... <_<

(God, that smily is versatile!)

Back