If you could add one race...

As a Dinosaur race, I would trample everyone :smiley:

Ok, I know it's "overdone" according to some folk, but I like my Wood Elf, and as cliche as it is, I just have a thing for elves.

Other than that, frog people, like EQ's Froglok's; or Dog people, there's more Cat people than Dog people. I'm an animal person. What about fish people? Last thing I recall is Star Wars and their Mon Calamari.

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Jaraeth@May 22 2006, 11:20 PM
As a Dinosaur race, I would trample everyone :smiley:

Ok, I know it's "overdone" according to some folk, but I like my Wood Elf, and as cliche as it is, I just have a thing for elves.

Other than that, frog people, like EQ's Froglok's; or Dog people, there's more Cat people than Dog people. I'm an animal person. What about fish people? Last thing I recall is Star Wars and their Mon Calamari.

~ Jaraeth
Well, I'm a shark freak, so a shark biped race would totally rock the house for me, but Hell would probably freeze over before that happens.

So, I'll push for my 2nd love: Herps!

:blink: don't want to know what a 'herp' is :blink:

I agree that dark elves have had thier day. I'm tired of them. Go play DDO if you want dark elves...seeing as their ruining the Eberron setting yet again with that game :angry:

Races I'd like to see are a Insect race, the above mentioned races of avians, angels, demons, the "clockworks" that you see in all the screens and was mentioned in a dev journel....oh and mind flayers :D

I want a race of Flesh Eating Micro-organisms in game. We will be unstoppable because we are too small to see and will slowly eat you from the inside out. B)

Originally posted by Ikiru@May 22 2006, 08:07 PM

I agree that dark elves have had thier day. I'm tired of them. Go play DDO if you want dark elves...seeing as their ruining the Eberron setting yet again with that game :angry:
herp = harpy? Not sure..

DDO sux. I bought it and returned it without ever opening the box... played the beta until I realized just how ugly that game is.

I don't want Dark Elves though, they're too... dark. Wood Elves, in my mind, are a bit more tan, than light skinned and are very close to nature. I guess close to EQ, though I never played EverCrack 1, and only played EQ2 for about 2 months.

I'd go for a Shark race, or to be able to play a Clockwork race :smiley:

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Ikiru@May 23 2006, 01:07 AM

Races I'd like to see are a Insect race, the above mentioned races of avians, angels, demons, the "clockworks" that you see in all the screens and was mentioned in a dev journel....oh and mind flayers :D
Iki, I'm SOOOOOOOOO dissapointed in j00! ;)
Herps=Herptiles: Reptiles and Amphibians. You know, Lizardmen, Snakemen and Salamadermen......Ooooooo that could be neato! But as of now I'm stuck with furballs, blech..... <_<

Originally posted by Aries@Apr 23 2006, 02:27 AM
Centaurs! I would let people ride around on my back, only to lead then to their doom!
MUAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzHH!
I agree with this centaur idea...that would be pretty cool and it's unique kinda like the word herp :Ph34r:

yeah when I see Herp I think a disease. <_<

and I did the same Jaraeth...actually I bought it ebgames then brought it back to Best Buy and made a 10 dollar profit :smiley:

HALFLINGS! Give me friggin HALFLINGS! I love short races and I keep wracking my brain trying to figure out why in the world MMOs don't have a nice selection of short races. Give me Halflings, give me Kobolds, give me Goblins, give me Gnomes, give me give me give me!

Always boggles my mind why goblins are never used for an evil short race.

Thanks for the reminder Rics... I mean hell, if there wasnt a demand for halfling players, why was rivervale (oh god, not sure if thats the right name anymore, lol) allways so crowded?

Of course, this comming from the DE who kept sneaking through there, lol.

Xhar

Originally posted by Xhar@May 23 2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the reminder Rics... I mean hell, if there wasnt a demand for halfling players, why was rivervale (oh god, not sure if thats the right name anymore, lol) allways so crowded?
*whispers* Because halflings had awesome stats and a bonus to how fast they levelled.

Originally posted by Rics@May 23 2006, 08:34 AM
HALFLINGS! Give me friggin HALFLINGS! I love short races and I keep wracking my brain trying to figure out why in the world MMOs don't have a nice selection of short races. Give me Halflings, give me Kobolds, give me Goblins, give me Gnomes, give me give me give me!

Always boggles my mind why goblins are never used for an evil short race.
Last time I checked, Dorfs and Gnomes were in. There're in most of the fantasy MMO's out there, definatly no "short"age of short people (Ahhhh, so "punny"!!)
Now, can we get something a "little" different? Oops another pun! ;)

Seriously, Let's try something different race-wise. Goblins would be pretty cool. Kobods are probably too specific to D&D, but a small reptilian/dragon biped would be neat.

The word "Kobold" is an old german reference to a mischevious, sometimes minorly dangerous, small humanoid creature that lives in dark woods or cellars. The modern incarnation of the scaly, dog headed humanoid was indeed coined by TSR, but the term "Kobold" isnt copywritten by any american company that I am aware of.

Also, the "dwarves" available in HJ dont really strike me as fulfilling the ideas presented so far in this forum, so suggesting a hobbit (dont sue me, Tolkien estate!) based halfling character is still a valid want.

...I STILL think there should be a race with a more sinister lien based on intelligence and craft rather than cunning and brute force (Trogs), and Darkelves are a perfectly well known vehicle for that.

Just my oppinion, of course.

Xhar

And yes, my reasons for wanting Darkelves actually ARE RP based, and not just so we have dark skinned elves with huge racks in dominatrix outfits running around... though that DOES help, lol

Xhar

If they add another non-ugly animal race, I would like one that is small. Really small. Halfling small. It irked me that the fox-people race of Vanguard had the perfect opportunity to create a little-person animal race, but instead they made them human sized. I mean...come on...FOXES. THey are small. Bite you on the ankle type small.

Fox People?!? Can we call you "Chippo"? :lol:

Yes, I am an anime fan (check the Icon), no, Im not "Otaku". The difference you ask? I shower :blink:

Xhar

I'd actually like to see a shapeshifter race. Factions within the race could specialize in mammal forms, or reptilian forms, or elemental forms, etc.

Either that or Fraggles. . . :P
2005_fraggle_rock.jpg

I'm a huge fan of rather small races, myself. I just severely dislike most interpretations of gnomes and halflings since they often end up either portrayed as pudgy drunkards or old men.

It's all about the tiny and lithe :Ph34r: My usual RP character (see: name) is always extremely short, but proportional. And often has large ears. Many kite jokes ensue :(

Back