Is Alias too Complicated?

I think it is complicated but a new viewer just has to be patient. I try to get my 2 sisters to watch because I tell them about it every morning and complain to them about how I hate the sexual tention etc. and they just can't get into it! They think it's to involved and nothing is settled in one episode like in Law & Order. Show like L&O are easy for people to follow, they just watch at 9 and get the resolution at 9:58.

offtopic: yea,my parents are totally not cool enough to watch it. in fact, I have forbidden them to watch it or mention it to me. im just not ok with my parents watching the same shows i do, it takes all the fun out of it. or it might be because of the fact that i love torturing them with my nonstop chatter of Alias. one time i even complained to my mom that she would never shoot ME in the shoulder. she just looked confused and went away.

010010010001100111 said:
offtopic: yea,my parents are totally not cool enough to watch it. in fact, I have forbidden them to watch it or mention it to me. im just not ok with my parents watching the same shows i do, it takes all the fun out of it. or it might be because of the fact that i love torturing them with my nonstop chatter of Alias. one time i even complained to my mom that she would never shoot ME in the shoulder. she just looked confused and went away.
that's funny, cuz i started watching alias because my mom was watching it first.. :smiley:

like i said, my parents dont equal cool. im more sophisticated and have more depth than them. :Paranoid: wait, was that just them out side my door? *bites fingernails*

ok, for new viewers it's a little complicated....but what show isn't after only seeing ONE episode, you have to watch at least 3 to REMOTELY catch on to what's going on

hmmm... maybe for people who are easily overwhelmed and don't have patience. of course you can't think this way, if you really want to get into a show.

One of the reasons I love Alias so much is because it's complicated. I love all the layers of intigue. But I don't think it's too complicated for new viewers. You could watch as just a spy show, without knowing all the background. And, of course, there are million Alias sites out there where you can catch up on anything you missed.

010010010001100111 said:
One time i even complained to my mom that she would never shoot ME in the shoulder. she just looked confused and went away.
Ha! That's funny. Maybe I should do that sometime and see what happens. Of course, with my luck, she'd probably do it.

I understood most of it in two episodes. But there were some places I had no idea what was going on when they brought back something from three or four episodes ago. That confused me for a while.

This article believes that Alias is indeed too complicated for new viewers, and I agree with it.

There's a lot going on in only one episode of Alias. Watching your first episode of Alias will leave you with many questions.

The fact that those of us who have watched it for a while and sometimes have questions is a fun thing. It keeps the story going. It leaves us with an unbelievable cliffhanger everytime. It's basically why I love the show.

Back