Is Alias too Complicated?

Alias is a complex show. That's a fact. Sometimes it can be difficult to understand what is going on unless you saw the episode previous. But I think the cliff-hanger endings are what makes you wanna come back week after week. They played those down in Season 2, in comparison to the first season, probably coz it would allow new viewers to tune in without being confused as to what was going on.

Dead-Drop :Ph34r:

I started watching at the beginning of Season 2 and, though it is complex, I found it easy to pick up on the storyline. I am just kicking myself for not watching season 1!!! Yay for me, the dvd's come out in 2 weeks (Australia)!!!

Kelly

ABC should take a look at the ratings and realize they were higher with the cliffhangers and just let the production team do what they want and put them in if they want.
;)

verdantheart said:
ABC should take a look at the ratings and realize they were higher with the cliffhangers and just let the production team do what they want and put them in if they want.
;)
I agree. The cliffhangers keep people coming back. I started watching at about the 4th episode of season one when i was 12 and i picked up on the story after about three episodes. It isn't that difficult to understand, it just takes time! :D

It took me a couple of episods to figure out what was going on at first, but the complicated plot twist are what make it such a great show. Anyone agree?

Yeah, I agree with you. The complicating plots are what make it interesting..they make you think and wonder what the characters could possibly do to make the situation better.

and yeah I do wish that JJ would bring back some of those cliffhangers...they kept me pumped for the next week~

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>i do agree it is a litto complicating but thats the beauty of ALIAS thats what keeps you tied you into it because you want to see whos gonna what.....or whats gonna happen...its just a great show need i say more :P :smiley:</span>

I totally agree. That moment at the end of an episode was like the best and worst moment of the show. It always left me wanting more and hating the fact that I had to wait an entire week til I could find out Syd's fate. Brilliant viewing!!! :D

i think that in general it's ok, but if ur a bit slow, or ur a guy, it might b a bit difficult. it was probly a bit hard 4 new viewers when there was sd6 and cia..but now its fine....if i didnt watch alias and was channel flicking and i just saw a random bit the only thing that wud keep me interested wud b eeing sarkie or vaughn.
does that make me evil?

I started watching Alias somewhere in series 2 (the episode where Vaughn's hands were bleeding) and I admit I found it kinda confusing...and I think I would have kept finding it confusing if my friends hadn't filled me in soo much with the plot and stuff.

I started watching Alias when the Box, Part One aired. I didn't understand it fully but I enjoyed it very much. If Alias wasn't compecated, it wouldn't be as good a show.

i think that in general it's ok, but if ur a bit slow, or ur a guy, it might b a bit difficult.

HEY!!!! I'm a guy. I don't find it difficult to understand. It's that complexity which makes it so interesting. SEXIST!!! ;)

It's never been my experience that men in general are less able to understand complex things! Intellectual ability is something that I've found to be unrelated to gender (although some people at my university seemed to think that because I was a woman--or perhaps because I wasn't an ugly woman--I was somehow automatically stupid; it was most annoying, although it could be fun to surprise them).
;)

Back