Is Alias too Complicated?

its hard to start watching a tv show in mid season. The story has been set in place and for newcomers its hard to figure out what's going on.

sometimes i watch a show in mid season and i get it. the reason i get it is because i watch more than one episode unlike some people

I agree. But Alias being complicated is what's great about it! It's not like those mindless sitcoms where one brain cell is sufficent if you want to know what's going on. With Alias you actually have to THINK! It's great.

freelancer1 said:
so does any one think that alias is to intellectually challenging
It depends on the viewer. There's no doubt that Alias takes an effort to watch. For a regular, stare at the TV, record each episode viewer, Alias may not be challenging or hard to understand, but it's still an intelligent show and you won't always have all the answers. Even a rocket scientist would be left with questions and take a second or two to make connections between Alias's intertwined plot. So in my opinion, yes, Alias is complicated. And no, it's not because I'm stupid :smiley:P), but because Alias is much more than a normal show.

eta: The DVD comes out in two weeks, so if you're buying it, it'll keep you entertained. ;)

Though for new viewers it might be hard to pick up on their own, but if they have an alias fan helping them understand it in general, it wouldn't be too difficult. The episode "Q&A" was a great one because it recapped everything that had happened so far in season 1, so for new viewers, it made things easier to understand. It was the first ep I saw, and it seriously helped me understand what was going on.

Back