Season 3 Julia

SiriCerasi said:
yeah that does kinda make sense! im still a little confused but i think i get it...
'
my one question is if she was julia and had no memory of being syd, she would have no memory of the first 30 odd years of her life. wouldnt she wonder at that?
This is the most confusing thing for me. If Julia is truly a distinct personality, then she must have memories of her own past, not Syd's. Meaning that she has "fake" memories implanted by somebody (sort of like Dawn had on "Buffy"), OR Julia Thorne was actually a real person. But the second option makes even less sense, because how do you "transfer" somebody's consciousness to another body?

If, on the other hand, it really was Sydney during those two years just using the name Julia Thorne as an alias, then she would still remember her own past. But that seems to be the most problematic of all, because the Sydney that we know wouldn't have done those things. If she'd had any kind of autonomy, she surely would have figured out a way to get home. And since Julia had her own apartment, it's pretty obvious Sydney wasn't being kept imprisoned.

Or maybe, a third option is that Julia is like an "alter-ego" of Sydney - She knows she's Syd, but she doesn't care. She has other priorities, and she's not bound by Sydney's ties. To use another "Buffy" analogy, (sorry,it helps me think) - you know how the vampires lose their souls, but they're still techincally the same people, only without any morals or ethics? Well, if Sydney became a vampire, wouldn't she be a lot like Julia?

There! We've solved it! Julia is the vamped Syd! :lol:

Azalea said:
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Julia apparently sent her apartment key to Sloane for Sydney.  That meant she knew she was going to "turn" back into Sydney.  How could anyone live with that knowledge? It's like anticipating your own death...Once she became Syd, she would cease to exist.  Unless..She was working under the assumption that Sydney would eventually "turn" back into Julia, and her existence would be restored. Or that Syd would get her memory back, and the two identities would fuse into one.

On the other hand, this makes it seem possible that Julia was less a separate personality, and more like an actual alias.  So maybe Sydney really was still "Sydney" while she was gone.  Maybe she did remember her life before.  But if so, what the hell was she doing?  And was she in contact with Irina?  Or Sloane? And why didn't she come home?

I think it's safe to assume that Julia wasn't a double, as some have suggested.  Since Alias is a world where "doubles" exist, I suppose it's always a possibility, but the fact that Sydney is having dreams about her activities seems to point to the fact that she and Julia are one and the same.

The whole thing is making me crazy.  I can't wait to see how this all turns out!
I love your questions Azaela! Seriously they help me sooooo mcuh :D! As for this one...I just had a BRILLIANT (not really im retarded) idea! :lol: Here we go...

-Syd is the prophecy girl...

-And I believe that when the phrophecy says "render the greatest power unto unter desolation" I believe "the greatest power" is referring to Sloane's rambaldi machine

-and I believe that the Rambaldi machine tells the near future, but only about what is going to happen to him personally (if it told too far ahead and told everything about everyone then Sloane would be completely invincible and thats just dumb :lol:smiley: my reasons for believing that Sloane can tell the future are:
1.) The machine is called"The Telling"
2.) In the first episode Sloane says to both Syd and Jack "i knew you were coming"
3.) Sloane happens to have the exact file Sydney needs sitting on his desk ready to hand to her when she arrives (and there was no possible way Sloane would have known she was gonna come and get that file from him)

Next item...

remember in first season when Sloane says that Jack spent 6 months in jail and was an alcoholic afterwards...well I believe that Sloane and Emily took care of Sydney during those times...that would explain all of Sloane's references to his feelings for Sydney as a daughter...it also explains something Sloane says to Jack in season one about Sydney..."you know it was always my pleasure to fill in for you when you were indisposed"...Now I believe that Sloane gave Sydney an alterego when he took care of her as a child...that he conditioned her to be Julia when he wanted her to be...I believe he did this so that he could have a superspy for his agency...but since Jack returned from jail and got over his drinking Jack took Sydney back and Sloane couldn't have Syd be Julia with Jack around or Jack would know that Sloane did something...

Now on to Syds disappearance...

-I believe that Sloane found out from his future telling machine that Syd would destroy his machine "unless prevented at vulgar cost" to fulfill the prophecy...

-So Sloane faked her death by planting DNA in the house and setting it on fire...

-Then he made Syd be Julia and sent her away to Rome(i believe Sloane still loves her so he didn't want to resort to killing her)

-I believe they were still in contact and even friends during this time and Sloane could make Julia do what he wanted...(he had Julia kill Lazeray to get back at Sark)

-I think Julia started to break out of Sloane's conditioning and remember things about Sydney and thats why she sent Sloane the key (keep in mind Julia and Sloane were friends so she trusted Sloane with the key)

-Then before Sloane recieves the key (since Sloane hadn't recieved the key yet he didnt know that Julia was starting to remember being Sydney) Irina breaks Julia out of Sloane's custody and helps her return to being Sydney...

-So once Sydney is free Sloane has to plot how to get rid of her again...so Sloane pushes Lauren's buttons trying to get her to be jealous of Sydney to be sure that Lauren will turn Sydney in for Lazerays murder...

-Then when Syd gets away he tells the cell phone guy in the hallway to wait for Sydney to come to the apartment (he knows where it is from the paper that Julia sent him along with the key...this also implies that he knew Irina's code) and then has the cell phone guy turn Sydney in to the NSC when she arrives...

So there is my theory in a nut shell! :lol: Yea its pretty farfetched ^_^

OK so I haven't read all of this yet. But... I have a theory that Sydney has disocciative identity disorder (multiple personality disorder --MPD) and that Julia is an alter personality of hers. One of the most common symptoms of people with MPD is that they put up "amnesic barriers" between their personalitites. Sydney's "missing" two years may very well be one of these amnesic barriers. However, it is also not uncommon for one personality to know of all the other personality's actions and thoughts. So maybe "Julia" was not amnesic to Sydney while Sydney is amnesic to "Julia." This means "julia" would know that Sydney had contact with Sloane and maybe she is trying to communicate with her through the barrier???? Does this make sense at all?

I have one comment on SydB_JenG's theories, besides the fact that they are really thought out. Us people have way too much time on our hands. If Sloane still is trying to get rid of Sydney or turn her back into Julia or whatever, why would he give her the key back? I don't think he would do that unless he was trying to help her. Not that I trust Sloane, don't get me wrong.

eak52 said:
I have one comment on SydB_JenG's theories, besides the fact that they are really thought out. Us people have way too much time on our hands. If Sloane still is trying to get rid of Sydney or turn her back into Julia or whatever, why would he give her the key back? I don't think he would do that unless he was trying to help her. Not that I trust Sloane, don't get me wrong.
to set her up to be arrested again and get her out of the way ;) so she doesnt destroy his precious machine...

SydB_JenG said:
remember in first season when Sloane says that Jack spent 6 months in jail and was an alcoholic afterwards...well I believe that Sloane and Emily took care of Sydney during those times...that would explain all of Sloane's references to his feelings for Sydney as a daughter...it also explains something Sloane says to Jack in season one about Sydney..."you know it was always my pleasure to fill in for you when you were indisposed"...Now I believe that Sloane gave Sydney an alterego when he took care of her as a child...that he conditioned her to be Julia when he wanted her to be...I believe he did this so that he could have a superspy for his agency...but since Jack returned from jail and got over his drinking Jack took Sydney back and Sloane couldn't have Syd be Julia with Jack around or Jack would know that Sloane did something...
that makes a lot of sense now i understand his references to sydney as a duaghter!

SydB_JenG said:
WOO HOO! :lol: I make sense! :kicking: *trips over lemon peel and dies* :thud:
Well, now that she's dead I guess we can talk about her. J/K. ;)

The only thing that doesn't seem plausible is the fact that Sydney was 6 years old at the time Jack was in custody. She apparently remembers things from that age; she's mentioned events that happened when she was 4 and 5, even. So wouldn't she remember if she lived with Sloane and Emily for a period of time? Or are you saying that he rigged her memory so that she wouldn't remember it? And would Jack have been aware of it?

But overall, your theory makes more sense than a lot I've seen so far. Irina has to be involved in some way, and I don't think she would have been working with Sloane. I just want to find out now!! ARGHHH!! We probably won't even know all the details until the season finale! :angry:

Azalea said:
SydB_JenG said:

The only thing that doesn't seem plausible is the fact that Sydney was 6 years old at the time Jack was in custody. She apparently remembers things from that age; she's mentioned events that happened when she was 4 and 5, even. So wouldn't she remember if she lived with Sloane and Emily for a period of time? Or are you saying that he rigged her memory so that she wouldn't remember it? And would Jack have been aware of it?

But overall, your theory makes more sense than a lot I've seen so far. Irina has to be involved in some way, and I don't think she would have been working with Sloane. I just want to find out now!! ARGHHH!! We probably won't even know all the details until the season finale! :angry:
Jack knows...thats why he gets all uptight when sloane talks about Syd as his daughter...Jack is embarassed that Sloane had to take over for him...but I doubt Sydney knew that Sloane took care of her...remember she says she has a 2 year gap after her mother died (im not sure if it was exactly 2 years...but still ;))

Irina is involved in my theory...Irina gets Syd out of the Covenant and helps her get her memory back :D

yeah like mo said, she said she didnt remember thigns from that time, it could have been becaue of christmas or just in general

and if they erased her memory for christmas they could do the same for sloane... although i dotn see the reason for that

SydB_JenG said:
Irina is involved in my theory...Irina gets Syd out of the Covenant and helps her get her memory back :D
Oh, I know! That's what I meant, that Irina has to be involved in some way, and your theory explains her involvement and what part she could have played in extracting Syd. Sorry, I tend to type without actually reading my own words sometimes.... :rolleyes:

Azalea said:
SydB_JenG said:
Oh, I know! That's what I meant, that Irina has to be involved in some way, and your theory explains her involvement and what part she could have played in extracting Syd. Sorry, I tend to type without actually reading my own words sometimes.... :rolleyes:
ahhh I see...:lol:

I doubt my theory is correct anyways...it's just fun to try and find one that connects all the dots...;)

I bet whenever this is resolved it's gonna end up being something NONE of us ever even came close to figuring out ^_^

Azalea said:
SydB_JenG said:

She could have blocked out that part of her memory like the project christmas training!

what i dont understand is why she doesnt just do hynosis therapy or whatever its called! what she did to remember project christmas

This stuff is probably too heavy-duty to be broken by a simple thing like hypnosis.
;)

I think Syd should at least try hypnosis therapy before she agrees on an operation which could cause permanent brain damage! :blink:
But after we´va all seen the end scene of the episode I doubt she will have a chance to chose what she wanna do next. :(

Back