NASCAR

Well, 13th is better than 14th I guess. The 24 just could not get to and stay up front. I really believe a lot of that resulted from their qualifying position. Still only 79 points or so out. That can be easily made up.

Another terrible day for the 48 guys. They're pretty much done. It's really a shame considering how well they ran up until the last month and a half.

I look for Gordon to bounce back after that disgraceful performance in the Coca Cola 600 in May. Off to Charlotte.

Yeah, 13th is decent from having to start way back there. The car was just finicky all day. But I'm glad he's still in third and very much within striking distance.

It was an exciting finish between Joe and Ricky.

It's unfortunate about the 48 again, but I'm sure they'll come back next week at Lowe's as will Jeff.

Awesome, awesome night for the 24 and 48! That's the way to get it done.

I had to work tonight and I work at Lowe's (just started on Tuesday) and I missed everything but the last 20 laps and I have a DVR to record it on, so now I'll go and watch it all.

That was an awesome showing of perservering by the 24 team. Easily could have been a disaster. Only 79 points out and going to one of Jeff's favorite tracks. Great night for the 48 as well. Too bad it probably isn't going to matter due to his finishes the past 2 weeks. Off to Martinsville.

A great day for Hendrick Motorsports on the track but a terrible day off of it. A plane carrying members of the Hendrick organization has gone down enroute to Martinsville. As of 6:27 p.m., there have not been any reports of who was on the plane or their conditions. Keep the Hendrick organization in your prayers.

It was reported about a half hour ago that 10 people were on the plane that went down in Virginia. No one survived. Among those who passed away were Ricky Hendrick, John Hendrick and chief engine builder Randy Dorton. No other details have been released as of now. Awful, awful day for the Hendrick Motorsports family and for the NASCAR family.

A very sad and tragic day for the Hendrick organization. My thoughts and prayers are with the Hendrick family. I was just at the Hendrick complex three weeks ago.

Just read on Nascar.com that Robby Gordon has severed ties with RCR to start his own race team.

Now, since there is such animosity with the 29 (and countless others) as it is, I wonder if all hell's gonna break loose next year since Gordon won't have an owner babysitting him?

2005 is going to be a very interesting season.

Great day for Jimmie and the 48 guys. It was more than fantastic to see a Hendrick car in Victory Lane. That is a testiment to the fortitude of the entire Hendrick organization. I only wish Jeff could have capitalized on Busch's bad day. He really missed an opportunity. Off to Phoenix.

It was a very appropriate win for the Hendrick organization on Sunday. I'm sure the 24 team will pull it together though and have a great outcome this week.

Great top 5 for the 24. He needs to finish the last 2 races with 2 top 5's to have a chance. If he doesn't win it, that team is going to kick themselves until February for the debacle in Atlanta. Huge opportunity that went in the crapper. Off to Darlington.

Well I am a huge Jimmie Johnson fan as you could have maybe tell! Yeah anyway, I was a little disapointed that Jeff could have finished better. (I'm not the biggest Jr. fan in the world) Anyway I was sad that JJ couldn't make it for in a row, but I'll get over it!

Great day for the 24 and 48. If only that last caution hadn't have come out though...

I love Darlington, it's such a unique race track. Sadly, this will be the last Southern 500.

Cool icon racer48.

Great win for Jimmie and the 48 team. But, oh my, if that caution wouldn't have come out with thirty-couple to go, the 24 probably would have won it going away. Robbie did such a good job making adjustments all day long just to have that mistake on pit road take them out of contention. But hey, third is still third, and Jeff picked up points. 21 out. I like Jeff Gordon's chances next Sunday. Off to Homestead.

Expect the 24 team to have even more of a fire underneath them this week to make up for the mistake last week. The win and the champiosnhip is coming Sunday.

Back