ILoveVaughn627
secret_agent_angel
kalspointguy
S/V
karlee
Aliasrulz4ever
kittykatsmeow
AugustSnow

here is a little more. consider it the second half of that chapter.

2.5/?

Weiss walked down a set of stairs and through a gate. Lauren was lying down but when she saw him she stood up and gave him a fake smile.

“Eric, so good to see you.”

“I wish I could say the same to you. And please don’t be so informal. You can call me Agent Weiss.

“The CIA wants to know exactly what Covenant operations you have been involved in.”

“Lazarey’s killer- that was me. When Sydney and Michael went to North Korea to meet with Leonid. I was in charge of making those arrangements. The storage facility in Vancouver, the freighter in Lisbon. That was me and Sark. I was also somewhat involved in the trade of the Rambaldi artifact for Dixon’s daughter.”

Weiss stared at her in disbelief. “Thank you. That’s all for now.”

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Weiss walked into his apartment and saw Vaughn sitting on the couch, watching a Kings’ game.

“You’ll never believe this. I’m in charge of Lauren’s interrogation. And she’s cooperating.”

Vaughn acted as though he didn’t hear.

“Umm…you might not want to hear this but remember your mission in North Korea? You and Sydney went to meet Leonid. The plane, the execution plans- Lauren was responsible for that.”

Still no response.

“Speaking of Sydney, where is she?”

Vaughn continued to stare at the tv. “She left.”

“What?! Why?”

“It didn’t work.”

“What didn’t work?”

“She said it’s been too long, things have changed. And quite frankly, she was right. We haven’t had a real conversation in a year- three, if you count the time she was missing.”

“S you just let her leave?”

Vaughn didn’t answer.

“Listen, I’m not getting involved but obviously you guys need to work this out.” Weiss got up to leave.

“She’s not seeing anyone else is she?”

“Not that I know of. And I’m sure she would’ve told me. But maybe that’s something you need to ask her when you guys talk.”

Vaughn walked into work the next day and spotted Sydney talking to Jack. He walked up behind her and stood there for a minute.

“Sydney.”

Sydney turned around to face him. “Yeah.

Vaughn paused. “Never mind.” He walked over to his desk and sat down, watching Sydney finish her conversation with Jack and then walk away.

ill post the next part soon.
sin- do you want me to take you off one of my pm lists?

here's more. for the very last bit, think The Indicator hug - syd's wet hair + Façade hug. i posted links to pics so you get the idea.

3/__

Vaughn was sitting at his desk when Weiss walked up. “Hey man. Are you sure you should be here? Maybe you should stay home for a couple more days.”

“No, I’m fine. I need to work.”

“Ok. Well, we have a briefing in ten minutes. I’ll see you there?”

“Yeah.”

Shortly after Weiss walked away, Jack came over.

“Agent Vaughn, I just wanted to say that I understand what you’re going through. You know that you’re welcome to take some more time off. You look like you need it.”

“Thanks Jack, but I’m fine.”

“Okay.” Jack smiled and walked away.

Everyone is sitting, ready for the briefing and Dixon starts. “Ms. Reed has given us some valuable information about the Covenant. At the moment they are seeking plans to a structure that hasn’t been used for twenty years. It’s whereabouts are unknown, hence the need for the plans. They should provide the location and the information necessary to break in and retrieve the device that the Covenant believes is being kept there.

“Marshall is using newly acquired codes to hack into the Covenant’s system. As soon as we have the information they have we will be able to further our investigation and hopefully retrieve the plans before they do.

“Weiss, I need you to run these searches,” Dixon added, handing him a sheet of paper. “I’ll let you know when we find out more.”

Everyone got up to leave. “Sydney, could you stay a moment?”

“You’re due for another session with Dr. Barnett. Are you free this evening?”

“Sure.”

“Okay, six o’clock? Sorry for the short notice.”

“No problem.”

Weiss and Sydney are sitting on her couch, eating popcorn.

“So is Vaughn over at your place?”

“Right now he’s at work. Trying to keep himself busy. I think he’s trying to keep his mind off the whole situation with Lauren. And…you.”

“Me?”

“Yeah. Well, I mean…you’re just not making it any easier on him.”

“How much did he tell you?”

“Just that it didn’t work out.” Sydney looked frustrated and Weiss noticed. “Look Syd, it’s not like I don’t understand your reasons. I do. I just think you need to tell him. And give him a chance to respond. You need to talk to him.”

“It’s just been so long.”

“I know. But you love him. And he loves you. So I know you’ll get through this.”

Sydney’s eyes were wet with tears but she managed a smile. “Thanks Eric,” she said as she leaned over and hugged him.

Vaughn sat with his elbows resting on his desk and one hand supporting his forehead. He picked up and dialed his phone.

Jack was walking toward his car. His cell phone rang and he answered it.

“Bristow.”

“Jack, it’s Vaughn….Do you think we could meet somewhere?”

“Sure. The café on Santa Monica?”

“Ok,” Vaughn answered and hung up.

Jack was sitting at a small table inside and Vaughn walked in and sat down. “Thanks for coming.”

“Of course. What was it you needed to speak to me about?”

Vaughn lowered his head and looked at the table.

“Oh. Lauren?”

Vaughn nodded. “She tried to kill me. She tried to kill Sydney.”

“When I found out about Irina I was mad too. Mostly at myself- that I hadn’t realized sooner. Mad that I had put myself in that position, for letting her seduce me. I was scared. That my life would be in danger. That Sydney’s life would be in danger. But those feelings are hard to take out on other people. So instead you start to shut the people you love out of your life. Like I did with Sydney. Vaughn, don’t make the same mistake I did. This isn’t your fault. You didn’t know.”

“Thanks Jack. I’ve gotta get back to work. I have a lot to catch up on. And please call me Michael.”

“Ok. I’ll see you tomorrow Michael.”

At the same time, Sydney was meeting with Barnett. She walked into the office and sat down. When Barnett saw her she stood up and moved to sit next to Sydney.

“Hi Sydney. How are you?”

“Fine. Thanks.”

“Sydney, there’s a reason Director Dixon asked you to come in today. You may not want to hear this, but there’s something I think you should know. In one of our sessions, Arvin Sloane confided in me that he had an affair with your mother. While she was still married to Jack. Sydney, Arvin believes you may be his daughter.”

Tears filled Sydney’s eyes. “There’s no way. It’s just not possible!”

“Does my father know?”

“Jack? No, not yet.”

“Let me tell him. Please?”

“Sure. If you think it would be best.”

Sydney nodded and walked out the door. You see her enter the ops center.

The rotunda is relatively empty except for Vaughn who is sitting at his desk. When the door opens he looks up and sees Sydney walk in, crying. He stands up and walks over to her and pulls her into a warm embrace.

ill post the next chap soon. its short tho.
a couple minor teasers:

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Wow the little popcorn things on the ceiling look like a toaster.  There’s a toaster on the ceiling!<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->“Sloane told Barnett that he thinks he’s my father.”<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

Back