Season 3 Reaction to 3.16 "Taken"

What did you think of 3.16 "Taken"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
great episode ...

as said before, lots of action ... very powerful scenes by Dixon ... (y)

and the ending ... wow ... Jack getting suspicious on Lauren ... she has it coming ...

next weeks previews looks fabulous ... can't wait ... :woot:

This episode was good, not the greatest, but the hour flew by pretty quick. I want Lauren taken down! Jack knows what's going on. I'm so happy! I forget, what was the reference to 47 again (or was is 74)?

I thought this was a good episode for THIS season, which isn't saying all that much. It just all sort of feels done before. Its like they used to be able to be new and original, without making it too unrealistic. I was ashamed for them with that flying arm robot thing. I am happy about Jack finding out about Lauren though. Next episode looks pretty good but they better manage to squeeze in some plot development with that triangle!

thank god i saw it at last

all i really wanna say is this

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>OMFG - JACK KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

OH AND VAUGHN IS A WANK FOR CHUMMING WITH LAUREN AGAIN AFTER LAST WEEKS HUG! DAMN HIM!!!

ooh one other thing - Syd's alias was <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>AWESOME</span>!! the bandana and the buggy - totally cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yuh - the robots were cool!!!! :smiley:

Is it just me or did Sark look FRIGGIN' SIZZLING in that brown jacket and gray shirt and those sunglasses? WOW

I'm one of the few Lauren fans out there. I can't wait until Jack finds her out and she can stop this whole double-agent thing. I want her full-out evil!!!!!!!!! Does that make me a bad person? And, besides, any girl that can get Sark all hot and heavy is fine with me. :P

It does NOT make you a bad person. I feel the same way. I used to be an avid HATER of Lauren, but once she turned openly evil, I like her a lot. But I really only like her as a evil person, as Vaughn's wife - I just can't handle it. So as soon as she can be 'full-out evil', everything will be AWESOME!!! I can NOT wait. Of course, I must agree on the Sark part - that's just another WONDERFUL bonus!!!!!

I thought it was one of the best episodes this season, except for the fact that it didn´t have any special Syd and Vaughn scenes!

But the episode reminded me of the ones in the first season, since it built up questions and suspense. Like Jack´s suspicions of Lauren(finally someone is), the cube with Irina´s name on it and then the talk about Syd´s life being in danger because Sark got the cube...

About this whole question of who Syd´s father is. It occured to me that Irina, Syd and Sloane are all connected in the Rambaldi thing, but Jack isn´t. Could that mean something?

Does anyone have any speculations on the following................

1. What is the symbol of 47, 74................was that not the number on the door when Syd was under that hypnosis thing when trying to get her memory back ?

2. I know Lauren is adopted but have they ever mentioned an age ? Would it not be cool if she is the "real" Julia Thorne ? I mean she's have to be in England for several years to develop that accent right ? When Syd was being brainwashed did they not drill in you grew up in London, parents abandoned you etc ?

3. Why wa sSloane injecting the green goo, was that ever used for the body doubles (Francie ?) Can't remember................

I am new to this site, none of my friends watch alias and I am happy to finally chat with others who love it !

Robyn

Welcome Robyn! Im new to the site too. I always felt the same way about my friends and how there was no one to talk to about Alias. Now I can actually to poeple and they will know what i am talking about!

Okay, I love the fact that this episode shows Sid doing a mission on her own. It's nice to see her by herself again, like it use to be. Please the end of the episode completly makes up for the lagging in the first half of the session.....JACK KNOWS!!!! :woot: :woot:

I love Jack for that, becuase now he's going to do everything in his power to bring the B**ch down....for hurting his baby! YA!! :woot: :woot:

Does anyone have any speculations on the following................

1. What is the symbol of 47, 74................was that not the number on the door when Syd was under that hypnosis thing when trying to get her memory back ?

2. I know Lauren is adopted but have they ever mentioned an age ? Would it not be cool if she is the "real" Julia Thorne ? I mean she's have to be in England for several years to develop that accent right ? When Syd was being brainwashed did they not drill in you grew up in London, parents abandoned you etc ?

3. Why wa sSloane injecting the green goo, was that ever used for the body doubles (Francie ?) Can't remember................

Okay..

1. Personally, I don't think the number had any real purpose...just showing that she was in some type of govermental security place.

2. I think that Sidney was going to be replacing Lauren's place in the Covent becuase they we're going to use her just for infultration with the CIA. As far as her accent she said that she spent the majority of her life in England..schools and such.

3. Green goo = Rambaldhi...that's what I think.

Just my random thoughts...by the way Robin...welcome and we're happy to have in the family! :D

I love this episode!! So many unsaid things in the background!! I specially like the Sarkney! Gosh Sark is so hot. Finally Rambaldi is back! I like how they should his inventions! This episode is so foreshadowing something big. I love Lauren in this. If JJ should have established Lauren's characters that way, the character culd have been safe. (y)

someone posted an interesting point a few pages back that i never even thought of, how did lauren know barnett was in zurich? unless sloane tipped her off, which is totally possible since now he is in CIA building. which, as someone earlier said, is exactly where irina wanted to be last season. i am totally happy with this episode and i am glad to see good old alias back. it was kind of lagging in suspense there for a bit, but since it is all new episodes for the rest of the season we can all sit back and enjoy the ride! and dixon was great in that episode, he almost made me cry!

i can't wait to see what happens but then again i don't want it to continue because weiss is getting his own show next year (ok, well, the actor) and that means no more alias for him. hopefully JJ will give us a great show that just so happens to have weiss' shirt come of or something <drools> . now that would be a great season finale. :love:

I have noticed people asking about the number 47. If you go back and watch old episodes of alias, 47 has been there since the beginning. It is usually part of a code, or a door, or something similar. 47 is also doubled and trippled and inverted and stuff. It is probably significant to Rambaldi or something similar. Rent some of the old DVD's and look for the number 47. I'm not joking it pops up everywhere. I always get excited when there is a new 47 somewhere in the show. I really want to know what JJ plans on doing with it!!!

Alias_bestthingsinceslicedcheese said:
I wonder if Lauren will fake her death like Irina?
HA!

She could only DREAM of being HALF as clever as Irina!

Nothing she has done so far has convinced me in any way that she has enough brains to think of that...or pull it off. -_-

But I agree, it will be fun to watch Jack circle his prey...!

i thought the episode was good. I was a little disappointed in a few things...
1. Lack of Vaughn -- he looked SO HOT, but they gave him so little screen time in this ep
2. Lack of S/V - i know some of you found it refreshing but it is one of my fav parts of the show. esp this yr i love the angst.
3. Lauren being all sympthetic w/ dixon ("living through his worst nightmare") i totally agree with sark- whats up with being all nice? i mean she's either evil or not. i hate the back and forth stuff.
4. i didn't like the robot thing w/ the artifact. it was too weird for me

however... it did mark the return of the old and good alias... now with 2 solid eps in a row. and i think next week's ep will make up for #s 1, 2, and 3 in my "why i was disappointed" list. it looks so amazing! finally vaughn will leave lauren.
too bad...
<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->he is gonna go back to the witch when her dad gets off'd at the end of the epp<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

my fav part: jack catches on to the "not if i see you first love"
all i have to say is BYEBYE lauren! hope its been fun!

alright-- gota get back to homework
~Heather

Ambrosia Lorien said:
Is it just me or did Sark look FRIGGIN' SIZZLING in that brown jacket and gray shirt and those sunglasses? WOW

I'm one of the few Lauren fans out there. I can't wait until Jack finds her out and she can stop this whole double-agent thing. I want her full-out evil!!!!!!!!! Does that make me a bad person? And, besides, any girl that can get Sark all hot and heavy is fine with me. :P
i totally agree w/you on all points! i really like lauren, but im getting tired of her being a double-agent--i want some all-out-evil lauren! and i want vaughn to find out she is evil so she can laugh at him and tell him how pathetic he really is...

haha the best part of this episode was in the beginning when jack, dixon and senator reed were talking about the covenant mole and lauren walks in the room and the senator reed goes "here she is!"...some quality dramatic irony there, i was amused

Back