Season 3 Reaction to "Conscious"

What did you think of Season 3, Episode 9, "Conscious"?

• 1 - It was bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - It was OK

• 3 - It was good

• 4 - It was great!

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

• Total voters
alias4life_4 said:
LionessHeart said:
There's somethin' I don't get...when Lauren and later Syd herself tried to stop RealSyd from finding out what was behind door 47 (LUV LUV LUV THAT LIL' TWIST!), was it just Sydney's subconscious trying to block out something unpleasant or was it a real person that was actually there? 'Cuz I remember hearing that creepy male voice coming out of Syd's mouth at one point, and I was like, oh jeez what's happenin' here?! Or...hm...maybe it's something that was inserted in her mind to keep her from remembering?? I might be totally out of whack here, but tell me whatya think!

----------

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I believe in love, it's all we got
Love has no boundaries, costs nothing to touch
War makes money, cancer sleeps
Curled up in my father and that means something to me
Churches and dictators, politics and papers
Everything crumbles sooner or later
But love, I believe in love
-Elton John
</span> :angelic:
I think that it was Sydney tryin to block out sumthin really really unpleasant! I mean wut could be that bad to keep her from it?! But it could be a real person like she remembers who altered her memory...cuz it was Lauren then Syd...
who knows... but i like ur thoughts...
CANT WAIT TILL NXT SUNdAY*
I agree...i think it was the subconcious. Although i hear your point about the voice thing....that really creeped me out, a lot. who knows?! i
I also LOVED the syd fighting "herself" twist...i don't know why, just something really "right" about that.
Also loved syd kicking Lauren's a$$....twice. I was hoping that the Lauren part would be real and that she was responsible for syd's disappearance, but i knew that was wishful thinking. But now, much to my disappointment, it appears as if syd and lauren are becoming allies if not friends..UGH!

But why would the Covenant need to know what Syd is hiding in her memory if they were there present the whole time after her kidnapping?! :blink:

I wonder what was in that paper lindsey gave to sloane! (what wasSloanes endgame?!?!?)

I like how Sloane is always being given notes that we never know the contents of. The Scroll, Sark's note...now this. LOL, I just want to know what he knows.

Well anybody else see a bunch of Matrix parallels? the whole dying in your dream thing? I was looking at the fight scenes and the whole dream theory.....very Matrix...if I were the Watchowski Brothers I'd sue! copyright infringment!

Personally, I feel it had more of a Dreamscape feel to it than Matrix. Dreams and rules of dreaming are concepts have been explored long before Matrix was even concieved, and I bet this episode revealed a lot more than we think if the dream itself and the symbolisms are analyzed.

Very pleased with this episode. I was a pysch major in college. I find dreams and dream meanings to be very interesting. The way the dream sequence was done was artistic and visual, yet scattered, strange and weird like most dreams. There is meaning to everything.

Here are some questions I came up with in the dream:
-What is the significance of Sydney in the red wig as Amy Tippen? Was it a call back to the pilot?
-The "real" Sydney wore white in the dream and the "dream" Sydney wore black? Representing good vs. evil?
-St. Aidan? What does that have to do with anything?
-Why did Sydney dream it was her 7th birthday?
-Weiss and Marshall smoking cigars and playing poker? Was that just to be random or did it mean something?
-If Syd "died" in a fire at home, why was she in an ambulance with Vaughn?
-What is the significance of 47? Will we finally find out?
-Lazarey...if Sydney didn't kill him, why is he important to her? Trust him? Why?

I have plenty more, but I've probably already bored some of you and annoyed others. Just me thinking outload.

This sort of stuff never bores me - I love analyzing dreams and trying to figure out what they mean.

A couple more:

Dixon's role in the dream
Sloane's role in the dream
What Sydney v. Sydney represented and why she won't allow herself into Room 47
Why the cake turned into Lazarey's hand
What the box she carried represented

:smiley:

Anyone notice that the second Sydney, that she was fighting in the plastic sheets, in her dream state, had a very deep voice, and it was like her dream self knew more than she knew. "Just trust Lazarey...No More Questions!" lol...it was really cool and complex

St. Aidan is supposed to be a big part of Remnants, so I hope we learn all about it in the first part of the episode...I don't wanna go through the whole episode not knowing what happened in room 47....It's like the Buffy episode, "Get It Done" (7x15) where she doesnt show the flashback of all the uber vamps, until the end of the episode....

Angelus54 said:
Anyone notice that the second Sydney, that she was fighting in the plastic sheets, in her dream state, had a very deep voice, and it was like her dream self knew more than she knew. "Just trust Lazarey...No More Questions!" lol...it was really cool and complex
I already said this in another thread, but what if the other Syd was the Julia persona? Because she knew about Lazarey (since she helped fake his death), while Sydney doesn't know about that. Of course, if Julia was just an alias and not a separate personality, then I guess it's just Sydney's own subconscious. We won't really know until we find out more about Julia and what Syd was up to during those 2 years.

Let me think about it.

Linsdey blackmailing Sloane after having Dixon arrested in front of his kids.

Syd was kissing Vaughn thinking it was a dream, until Jack came in unexpectedly.

We starting to find out about Syd's mind piece by piece. In the dream, Syd was battling herself? That blew my mind right off !!

The snowball effect is picking up momentum & the crash will be revealed on Jan.11,2004 (Full Disclosure).

seedingling.. i heard eppy 11 not jan 11.. now im all confused or maybe eppy 11 will be on jan 11.. i heaedrd the 7ths eppy is supposed to be a doosey

Azalea said:
Angelus54 said:
I already said this in another thread, but what if the other Syd was the Julia persona? Because she knew about Lazarey (since she helped fake his death), while Sydney doesn't know about that. Of course, if Julia was just an alias and not a separate personality, then I guess it's just Sydney's own subconscious. We won't really know until we find out more about Julia and what Syd was up to during those 2 years.
her voice was so deep it was almost manly.. and extremely scary

i hated it!!! it was awful the only kewl thing wuz syd woopin lr's as*. i mean my gosh and the next ep. looks even worse! i miss season 2!!!!!!!11 :angry:

OMG, i feel sooo bad for syd. How embarrassing for her to kiss vaughn and have it not be the dream, but for what its worth i think that vaughn enjoyed it :rolleyes:

OMG, i feel sooo bad for syd. How embarrassing for her to kiss vaughn and have it not be the dream, but for what its worth i think that vaughn enjoyed it :rolleyes:

seedling said:
Let me think about it.

Linsdey blackmailing Sloane after having Dixon arrested in front of his kids.

Syd was kissing Vaughn thinking it was a dream, until Jack came in unexpectedly.

We starting to find out about Syd's mind piece by piece. In the dream, Syd was battling herself? That blew my mind right off !!

The snowball effect is picking up momentum & the crash will be revealed on Jan.11,2004 (Full Disclosure).
Yeah lol, I totally agree! And we're learned more in eppy 9 than I thought JJ would allow us to! I still need to watch the eppy again and look for subtle hints....JJ is tricky!

BTW---last night when i was posting, we were on like page 20...now we're on 40!!! This rocks!!! Go Alias, go Alias (lil booty shake!)

TwinkleGIrl18297 said:
i know that must have been so embarassing :blush:

eee!!!! THIS BEST EP SO FAR!!!!! THEY KISSED THEY KISSED THEY KISSED!!! ::does alias dance::....though....he didnt want it.....::tears::....::sighs::..finaly a good ep....& syd best the curd outta lauren!!! woop woop!!!!! woo!!! LONG LIVE THE SVR!!!!

Back