Politics Same-sex Marriages (¡DOS!)

I just wanted to post a little excerpt from comedienne Marget Cho. She is hilairous and a well known liberal as well. She is bisexual and is married to a man. Of course she is heavily disliked by conservative Christian because she supports gay rights and she is Catholic, yes, she is Catholic lol A rebel one! This is only PART of the excerpt because there are some things that I know will get me banned if I posted the whole thing. I got this from buzzflash which is a very popular liberal blog.

"If you laugh your ass off to Will and Grace but are against same sex marriage, f**k you. You can't take the benefits of our culture and leave behind the burden of inequaltiy. That's like when white people stole rock and roll from black people in the 50's. 'I love that song but please don't use that drinking fountain.'

These Christian Family groups are so anti-Christian. They're without compassion, charity and kindness. I want Jesus to come back and say, "That's not what I meant." But they sure are busy. They're always boycotting Harry Potter then going to bomb an abortion clinic. They're so busy. I want to ask them, "Shouldn't you be preparing for the Rapture? Aren't you supposed to be leaving soon?"

It's not that the conservatives hate gays, it's that they know there's a huge family oriented Christian population who do hate gays enough to vote Republican if they can appeal enough to their homophobia. So, they sidle up to these Bible thumping, cousin humping, monster truck enthusiasts and they get them all riled up and send them in to a mullet fantasia about how gays are going to move in to their neighborhoods. As if we would ever live in a trailer park."

sugababyboo said:
These Christian Family groups are so anti-Christian. They're without compassion, charity and kindness.
So, they sidle up to these Bible thumping, cousin humping, monster truck enthusiasts and they get them all riled up and send them in to a mullet fantasia about how gays are going to move in to their neighborhoods. As if we would ever live in a trailer park."
[post="1284692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: :lol:

I'm Christian, well.... I think I am. My church says I'm a non-believer. Anyway, my sister is engaged and is a lesbian. It makes me so mad that people discriminate against her and all gays. Go Gay Marriage!!!!!!!

cdd91 said:
I'm Christian, well.... I think I am. My church says I'm a non-believer. Anyway, my sister is engaged and is a lesbian. It makes me so mad that people discriminate against her and all gays. Go Gay Marriage!!!!!!!
[post="1285195"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I am Catholic, but have been very lucky that even though some members of my family are religious, everybody appreciates change and promotes tolerance and acceptance.

I am well aware of the terrible faults of the church, and so whether I believe in God or not, I understand that is very un-Christian to be intolerant of other people. I also have people close to me who are gay, and I don't have a problem with them being happy.

My family belongs to a catholic church...every so often I have to listen to the preist rant on on how being gay is a sin...like last week, he said that if he went up to Canada and told them gay relationships were wrong, he'd get arrested for expressing his faith...but I thought the christian faith was about acceptance of ALL people...even gay people. So if they accept gay people, why is the church so against gay marriage?

What is love ? What is a Marriage ? Good questions really. There is a saying somewhere that ''Love is blind.'' And yes, it is true. It doesn't select, it doesn't apply for ''certain'' people. It affects everyone. It binds us all and selfishly it doesn't care if we have anything to say about it.
What is Marriage ? A Marriage is the ultimate bond between people. Between people who love eachother.
Now lets look at this from a religious perspective.
If all things are truly created by god and god is the source of all living things and it is ''really'' against religion to be a homosexual, then let me ask you this...
''Why the bloody hell does God even create them ?''
I guess this is a question that our religious friends forgot to ask.
Homosexuals do not choose to be one. The are born this way. It is not like you wake up one morning and say ''Hey, I want to be gay.'' Things do not work this way. Many people say that homosexuality is a disease that needs to be cured.
Well... if we look at it as a disease then I must say that Yes. There is a ''cure''.
What cure ? Homosexuality is in the genes. To cure it you should manipulate those particular genes.
If people really feel that way then, HEY go ahead! And go freaking invent a way to manipulate those genes! Damn you! But NOOO!
And as much as I know from genetics, is that if you change a single gene, you have to change them all. Meaning that no cure can be possible without compleately changing the person. If you do not, the person dies.

Am I religious ? | Yes. My faith is my own ''Insanity''
Am I gay ? | No. Just a person with a mind that has developed further than most people can only dream off. (Sorry if selfish, but so the people around me keep saying. Don't know why.)

So... is it a disease ? | No.
Is it unnatural ? | No.
Then what the hell is it ? | Just a little differance in every human being.
Is it ok ? | Hell yes. At least thats what I say. Although the so-called ''World Powers'' say different.
Should threre be Same-sex Marrieges ? | Why not ? If the Two really love eachother then why should they not be allowed to create this bound between them.

Although I could go on talking about this subject for ages. From every perspective and no matter which points you can come up with... I could still prove you wrong and prove twice WHY, homosexuality is natural.

I rest my case.

(I hope I got everything I wanted to say and no-one is offended.)

No one in their good mind would EVER choose to be gay ... because we all know how people react and treat gays ... I am not saying everybody treats us the same ... because there are "straight" people that support us ... and you know it feels good when that happens ... ;)

Anyway ... knowing what we know about these "christians", the way they treat gay people, the way they talk about gay people ... you think a "straight" person will choose to be gay ... no way ... they would die before they make such a choice ...

and I think it has been proven over and over again that you are BORN GAY ... you don't change to be gay ...

I read from someone in this topic about ''having children''
This also reminds me one case in my own country where we have this Mother and a these Two Lesbians. The Mother is completely against the fact that her daughter is a lesbian. One of the reasons she has told us is because she cannot live with the fact that she will never have grandchildren.

Well I got news.

Homosexuals can have children.
They can adobt as well.

All a lesbian couple has to do is to get one of you artificialy pregnant. Thats it. It is possible.
It is a bit more complicated for male people because they have to find someone who would be willing to carryie theyr child.

Sperm banks are the place to look for.

The Riddlemaker said:
I read from someone in this topic about ''having children''
This also reminds me one case in my own country where we have this Mother and a these Two Lesbians. The Mother is completely against the fact that her daughter is a lesbian. One of the reasons she has told us is because she cannot live with the fact that she will never have grandchildren.

Well I got news.

Homosexuals can have children.
They can adobt as well.

All a lesbian couple has to do is to get one of you artificialy pregnant. Thats it. It is possible.
It is a bit more complicated for male people because they have to find someone who would be willing to carryie theyr child.

Sperm banks are the place to look for.
[post="1288295"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sadly this is my mother's issue as wellas the whole "It's an abomination" thing. :rolleyes: She says that she will never accept a child brought into the world by such disgraceful means...i was like so what if i was married to a guy and discovered he could not conceive and we both agreed that rather than adopt, we'd use the sperm bank option. and naturally, mum was like..."well thats different..and if you were marrying a black man like you're supposed to that would never happen."

i almost wet myself with laughter...i mean how bloody preposterous. She's mental and she's going to miss out on having a grandchild...something she's always wanted, for no good reason except pure prejudice. BAH!!!!!!

garnergarnish said:
i was like so what if i was married to a guy and discovered he could not conceive and we both agreed that rather than adopt, we'd use the sperm bank option. and naturally, mum was like..."well thats different..and if you were marrying a black man like you're supposed to that would never happen."
[post="1293945"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like you're supposed to?! Sorry, but I laughed at that!!

I think there are a lot of parents out there who have a complex about having 'real' grandchildren. I know of a lot of people who say having grandchildren who are adopted or something won't be the same as having grandchildren produced the traditional way. I always say that is unfair on us women. After all, we have to put our lives on hold to be pregnant, ill, and fat and then go through all of that pain and stuff. So I tell my parents to put the pressure on my my brother if they want grandchildren. It only takes them 15 minutes of fun!! :lol: :lol:

Natalia said:
Wow. I can't believe anybody could be stupid enough to think Christians invented marriage. And not only that, but be presented with the evidence it isn't true, and to still believe it! :confused:
[post="1282569"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

She's actually one of the smartest people in the 12th grade at my school. But she has just so committed to her beliefs that she just doesn't see the evidence and truth. :rolleyes:

Natalia said:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Like you're supposed to?! Sorry, but I laughed at that!!

I think there are a lot of parents out there who have a complex about having 'real' grandchildren. I know of a lot of people who say having grandchildren who are adopted or something won't be the same as having grandchildren produced the traditional way. I always say that is unfair on us women. After all, we have to put our lives on hold to be pregnant, ill, and fat and then go through all of that pain and stuff. So I tell my parents to put the pressure on my my brother if they want grandchildren. It only takes them 15 minutes of fun!! :lol:  :lol:
[post="1295747"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i know...the worst thing is i'm an only child...so all the frigging pressure is on me. she's constantly weeping about hot i've destroyed her spirit and dreams that every mother has for their daughter, to get married and have kids. i was like what if i don't want kids...which is a lie, butu still. and she's like you have to...i need grandchildren...but she won't except a grandchild if i'm with a woman. BAH!!! she makes me so mad...i could have a quotes list of things my mum says that don't make sense:
eg :" I would prefer it iif you were a lesbian because then you could excuse it as something you couldn't help...but being bisexual makes you the biggest pervert because then you have the choice" i just looked at her blankly.

AgentDesertRose said:
She's actually one of the smartest people in the 12th grade at my school. But she has just so committed to her beliefs that she just doesn't see the evidence and truth. :rolleyes:
[post="1304458"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It's still stupidity though. You can be a genius and do or think something stupid.

Thinking Christians invented marriage is stupid because it simply is completely and utterly incorrect. No matter how religious you are you can't change that fact.

That's totally right....my church thinks anyone who's gay should never be married, because it's against god and the church. But they keep forgetting christinans don't own marriage! They hopefully never will.

Sarkney_fan020 said:
That's totally right....my church thinks anyone who's gay should never be married, because it's against god and the church. But they keep forgetting christinans don't own marriage! They hopefully never will.
[post="1305000"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
They'll never own it. Islam and Hinduism are the second and third largest religions in the world. I don't know how Christianity could take marriage away from them. There are more non-Christians than Christians in the world. And not every Christian in the world is so extreme in forcing their beliefs on others as the extremists in certain parts of the US.

I have a friend who is Christian and she is for gay marriage. For those of you who watch Real World, Julie (from the New Orleans cast) is a Mormon and she is a supporter of gay rights and marriage.

Natalia said:
They'll never own it. Islam and Hinduism are the second and third largest religions in the world. I don't know how Christianity could take marriage away from them. There are more non-Christians than Christians in the world. And not every Christian in the world is so extreme in forcing their beliefs on others as the extremists in certain parts of the US.
[post="1306584"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, Islam says homosexuality is a sin too, so it's not just Christians who are against gay marriage, though they are the most vocal opponents here in the U.S.

I see marriage as a civil matter, though, so religious views on homosexuality shouldn't even matter. If religions choose not to let same sex couples marry withing their church/temple/mosque/whatever then that is fine, but legally they should get the same rights. I haven't heard any good argument as to why not.

sugababyboo said:
I have a friend who is Christian and she is for gay marriage.  For those of you who watch Real World, Julie (from the New Orleans cast) is a Mormon and she is a supporter of gay rights and marriage.
[post="1306586"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm Christian (Catholic).

I'm sure a huge percentage of the people here are.

But in America 'Christian' seems to be taking on a completely different meaning. To be Christian now appears to imply the kind of person who's going to run around burning down abortion clinics, and spend hours a day holding their hands up to the sky.

A lot of the people fighting for women's rights and/or 'coming out' in the 60s were Christian.

Well, Islam says homosexuality is a sin too, so it's not just Christians who are against gay marriage, though they are the most vocal opponents here in the U.S.
I know. That wasn't in relation to gay marriage. Just in relation to the fact some Christians believe they invented marriage.

Back