Politics Same-sex Marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number 4: Remember the Sabbath Day to Rest and Keep it Holy (we know sabbath is the Saturday, the 7th day of creation, which God said was Holy, but then everywhere in the world, people are working on saturdays ...)

Well in the Jewish faith, sabbath is saturday. For Catholics and Christians, sabbath is Sunday. But you're right, people work on Sundays anyways even though it's supposed to be a day of rest.

i remember coming across somebody saying that gay marriage and relationships were "gross" because of how they "do it." for all you homophobics out there, please, try to understand: normal sex is equally gross, seeing as straight people sometimes do similar things as gays... :thinking:

Im young but i still have quite a,
hmmi dont knbo how to describe it....
i think that homosexuals *sp* have their reasons and right...
im all for it, not that im homosexual ;)
also i find it intersting how boys/men "like it" when girls kiss girls at parties but when its a serious relationship its "OMH THATS GROSS!"
the boys at my school have no respect for anyhting, but: big knockers, pretty girls that smoke and go to partiies
they mnake comments like "ti*s out for the boys, Ti*s out FOOORR the boys, its disgracfull and i just find it sickneing
I dont have anything against gay/lesbian or bisexual people, after all my friend says *whom is bisexual, i think :thinking: *
"what happened to the quote: its not what they look like, its their personality that counts"
I think meaning by tha is doesnt matter what sex they are you just love them!
does that make any sense? i dont thnk it does i am now confusing my self ;)
jess

its hard enough for people like me, who are brought up believing that being gay is wrong, to deal with the fact that they are not going to have the traditional life, married to someone of the opposite sex and have chldren the easy traditional way and dealing with the guilt that you are going to cause your parents great pain, only then having dealt with it having some random person telling you that you don't have the right to be happy with the person you love and who loves you back. Its stupid and ridiculously unfair. i love my girlfriend dearly and one day we would like to get married, despite the fact that it means that i will lose my whole family. if by that time we are still together and committed i am willing to do that for the sake of my own happiness. Why should someone else, who isn't living my life or even involved in it, have control over it. :angry:

I posted this in another thread, but anyway....

We get the American news on one station five nights a week. I watched it this evening, and when Bush came on and spent five minutes insulting gay people I wanted to break the screen. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

It disgusts me that America is supposed to be this wonderful country free of persecution, religious or otherwise, and the leader can get away with saying the things he says.

garnergarnish said:
its hard enough for people like me, who are brought up believing that being gay is wrong, to deal with the fact that they are not going to have the traditional life, married to someone of the opposite sex and have chldren the easy traditional way and dealing with the guilt that you are going to cause your parents great pain, only then having dealt with it having some random person telling you that you don't have the right to be happy with the person you love and who loves you back. Its stupid and ridiculously unfair. i love my girlfriend dearly and one day we would like to get married, despite the fact that it means that i will lose my whole family. if by that time we are still together and committed i am willing to do that for the sake of my own happiness. Why should someone else, who isn't living my life or even involved in it, have control over it.  :angry:
[post="1043102"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

My poor baby. But I am so glad that you are willing to do that for me. I know we will be together those years from now, and we both deserve to be happy. And I love you dearly, and we should have the right in this country to get married. But we will somehow, although I don't want you to lose your family.

it's sort of like abortion. why should old white men get to decide what a woman does with her body? (i'm pro-choice.) similarly, why should a straight person get to decide what gays and lesbians can do?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree.

If gay people came into power and banned heterosexual marriages, imagine the outcry! Further, what if gay people came into power and told the Christian extremists that they could no longer marry because it was against a religion they don't follow!

EXACTLY! it all depends on the majority! if gays were the majority, then straights would be outraged and feel wronged, too. people are so self-centered...

and though bush claims he does NOT impose his beliefs on others, i think he does. not everyone agrees w/ his religoius stance on gay marriage, abortion, etc.! if by forbidding those practices b/c of his beliefs isn't imposing views, then what isn't?!?! :o_O:

Alias Anna said:
EXACTLY! it all depends on the majority! if gays were the majority, then straights would be outraged and feel wronged, too. people are so self-centered...

and though bush claims he does NOT impose his beliefs on others, i think he does. not everyone agrees w/ his religoius stance on gay marriage, abortion, etc.! if by forbidding those practices b/c of his beliefs isn't imposing views, then what isn't?!?! :o_O:
[post="1044361"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It's a human flaw... being self-centered.

In a somewhat unrelated note, here's one example of how Bush is imposing his religious beliefs on others... and man, does it make me mad!

(taken from plannedparenthood.org)

President Bush Pushes Catholic Health Care Plan

For federal workers, more chipping away at choice, in more ways than one

Government employees know all about the separation of church and state. But for federal workers in Illinois, a religious "choice" in health insurance coverage is taking away their right to choose. Last week, the Bush administration announced a new initiative in its effort to shape federal programs to match its own narrow anti-choice ideological agenda: a Catholic health care plan for federal employees that does not provide coverage for contraception, abortion, sterilization, or artificial insemination. The plan is the first to be termed "faith-based," and the first that tailors its benefits to align with the ideological premises of the Catholic Church.

The plan, set to begin operating in November in Illinois, is run by OSF Health, part of the Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, a group that also runs hospitals and medical centers in Illinois and Michigan. The plan is a new form of coverage that includes a health savings account and high-deductible coverage. This new structure is key to the president's health care initiative.

But officials have yet to explain whether doctors and other medical personnel accessed through this health care plan will fully inform women about the reproductive health services they might find elsewhere. So, even if they have coverage for missing services through a third-party provider, there is no guarantee that a plan which does not provide reproductive health services will make sure women get all the information they need to make informed choices about their reproductive health.

Contraception is basic health care — 95 percent of American women use it at some point in their lifetimes. But for federal employees in Illinois, it may not be basic for much longer.

^^^^
That makes me sick.

And people have to ask why the majority of the world hates Bush.

You should post that in the other threads too. Make people see some sense before they vote.

I believe that homosexual marraiges shouldn't be allowed, not because gays are bad people, but because it defies the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman, and i m sorry 4 my out burst earlier this month.

I don't see why they shouldn't be able to marry! They're not doing any harm by doing so! Everybody should have the right to be happy, so why should people try and take that right away from them by saying that they can't marry the person they love? ;)

Joziah said:
I believe that homosexual marraiges shouldn't be allowed, not because gays are bad people, but because it defies the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman, and i m sorry 4 my out burst earlier this month.
[post="1045006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But think about where that concept comes from. Religion. Marrige is not longer just a religious institution, and should not be treated as such.

whats the point of Marriage then, cuz if it's not a religious institution then what is the point of marriage??? Marriage is the Bond between a Man and a Woman and it should stay that way! a man and a man or a woman and a woman just doesn't work!

I feel that it is completely unfair to take the BIBLE'S definition of marriage...("marriage is between a man and a woman" IS from the bible, right?) because laws should not be made around religion! Some people *ahem like me* don't have those same religious beliefs...so why should they be governed by them?

And I feel that if two people love each other and just want to get married for goodness' sake, LET THEM! They love each other! Why is that different from a man and a woman loving each other? It's their life, not anyone else's...and they should not be banned from getting married because of a law that is religion-based! Or any law, for that matter :rolleyes: .

Think back to your own wedding day (that is, if you're married...and you're against same-sex marriages...)...was it exciting? Happy? Were you thrilled to pieces to be with the person that you love?

So why not let other peole feel this same joy?

JUST LET THEM GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please.

^_^

Joziah said:
whats the point of Marriage then, cuz if it's not a religious institution then what is the point of marriage??? Marriage is the Bond between a Man and a Woman and it should stay that way! a man and a man or a woman and a woman just doesn't work!
[post="1045159"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Marriage is a bond or committment made by two people who love each other. Nobody said anything about a man or a woman until the Bible came along. And I'm sorry to say, but not all people believe in the Bible. There are other religions out there. The world isn't strictly a Christian market.

Joziah said:
[post="1045159"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Not everyone in the world is christian ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back