So this is my life

Hey i just read the update im sorry for replying so late . . It was really great! And i love The way you write Sydney. She is so depthfull and intresting. Thanks for the pm.

A/N: I'm leaving on a vacation tomorrow and I'll be gone for a week or so but I'll try to update as soon as I get back :smiley:

Chapter 7

We gave each other strength through our lows but things also got a lot more complicated. At first my husband thought nothing of my new friendship…

For sometime now the peace had been restored in Sydney’s home and she was on speaking terms with Andrew for the time being. Yes they weren’t as close anymore and she still tried to learn to trust him again but other then that they had no problems. He was sweet and caring as always. He occasionally brought her flowers they went out for dinner enjoyed random moments of romance. He even met and appeared to be ok with Michael who had become the second most important person in Sydney’s life during these past two months. Andrew didn’t seem to mind at all that his wife spent time with another guy playing hockey and that Michael occasionally took her out. He seemed to understand that there was nothing but friendship between the two. He didn’t even appear to mind that every now and then this stranger saw Sydney more then him.

…but then he started blaming me of having an affair. Living with him became almost impossible but I didn’t want to shut Michael out of my life either.

It was Wednesday and a regular hockey night for Sydney and Vaughn. They had spent hours on the ice he teaching her useful tricks and she then trying to beat him with no luck. And right now she was feeling exhausted but happy non the less. She had grabbed a bite to eat with Michael before he dropped her off and right now she really wanted more than anything to be lazy in front of the TV eating ice cream and watching some kind of a horror movie with werewolves. She entered the house leaving her stuff by the door and crashed on the couch. Only now did she realise the place was oddly quiet but thinking nothing of it she walked into the kitchen and finding ice cream in the freezer returned to the living room. She sat back on the couch and realised that her feet were killing her. She checked out her new bruises feeling indifferent about them and wondered where Andrew was. Then she heard the door and a moment later he was standing beside her looking upset.

“Thought you could fool me?” he asked raising his voice.

“What are you talking about?” Sydney asked feeling confused.

“You and Michael,” he continued sounding even more upset.

“We are not having an affair if that’s you are hinting at,” Sydney replied in a calm tone.

“I saw you at the park,” he said as if it was supposed to prove something.

“So we had a bite to eat before he drove me home,” Sydney replied still not seeing the problem since she had done nothing wrong.

“I saw they way you were together. The way you acted around each other,” he continued ignoring Sydney’s last comment.

“So we are almost thirty and can still act like teenagers. Big deal,” Sydney replied feeling annoyed by his accusations.

“Don’t even try to act innocent. You two are probably sleeping around instead of playing hockey three times a week,” he said getting even angrier.

“And the bruises?” Sydney asked finding it funny how he thought he had it all figured out.

“So you like playing it rough,” he replied her calm and indifferent tone bothering him.

“Sure darling. And perhaps we are just playing hockey and perhaps we are just friends and perhaps we just love acting silly,” Sydney replied shaking her head in disbelieve.

“So you think it’s so funny,” he asked looking angry.

“Yes. You are acting all jealous for no reason. Now calm down take a deep breath and come watch a movie with me. There is plenty of ice cream for both of us,” Sydney replied feeling too tired to argue over nothing.

“Don’t think you are getting away that easy,” he replied still standing there with no intention of moving.

“Honestly I’m too tired to argue and you are acting foolish. Any other day I might find this cute in an odd way but right now I’m so not in the mood,” Sydney said and turned on the TV.

Andrew left the room and simply ignored her for the rest of the evening. Sydney didn’t pay attention thinking it was yet another one of his passing phase. She had dealt with them before and why should now be any different. Little did she know that this was only the beginning of their problems. From now on whenever she went anywhere with Michael he would constantly call to check up on her. Afterwards he damned to know everything they had done. On random occasions he showed up at the ice rink to make sure they were simply playing hockey only to throw pointless accusations at her when they were back home. He made remarks about her choice of clothing when she was about to meet Michael and nothing she said could change Andrew’s mind. Then he wouldn’t let her go anywhere alone anymore believing she was just trying to sneak out to meet Michael and he even picked her up from work making sure she came straight home. If he could have he would have probably listened on her phone calls too. But still despite all he did it didn’t stop her from seeing or having fun with Vaughn. With time Sydney had simply learned to ignore her husband in a way he didn’t even realise. Yes all this fuss over nothing made her life inconvenient but she managed.

“Why did you put with him?” the woman asked feeling puzzled.

“Honestly I was used to having him around and besides I thought he’d get over it,” Sydney replied and shrugged her shoulders.

“You seem calm about it,” the woman pointed out.

“Well… We had our share of ups and downs. Everyone does. Unfortunately he knew too well how to hurt me emotionally,” Sydney explained doubting the woman before her would understand.

“But you could have found some one better,” the woman suggested.

“Our problem was kids,” Sydney said as if it could have passed for an answer.

“Kids?” the woman asked feeling confused.

“Yes. Before that everything was wonderful. Besides he wasn't always like that. Thing is he really wanted to be a dad and though I give birth before I turned thirty wasn’t just ready yet. I wanted to wait a few more years and that’s when things stopped being so blissful,” Sydney explained in a calm tone.

“Why wait?” the woman continued with her questions.

“For me twenty seven or eight seemed fitting and he didn’t even want to understand me,” Sydney simply said how she felt about it.

“And you wouldn’t change your mind even for the sake of you marriage?” the woman asked feeling not that surprised.

“I’m stubborn and it didn’t feel right for me,” Sydney replied looking serious.

“Fair enough,” the woman said letting her continue.

firstly i am extremly sorry for not replying to the last 5 chapters but this is the first time ive read them
i have to say that with fics i can usually predict whats gonna happen but with this i am absoloulty clueless and its damn fustrating
i adore this fic its getting so very intruiging and i cant wait for more
Anderew is possibly the biggest idiot in the world
and why didnt syd divorce him allready for michael
i mean seriously checking up on his own wife
HOW SAD

awesome updates
so gald its finally starting to make a little more sense!
i hate andrew
hes such an idiot
loved the update
thanx for the pms
cant wait for more

I'm back and I'll try to update later today. Thanks for all your replies :smiley:

fire*N*ice: It was a typo. Sorry :blush: but thanks for pointing it out. It was supposed to be
“Fair enough,” the woman said letting her continue.

The pm list:

texasalias2004
ambre
funkymonkey
fire*N*ice
LittleNicky
syd-157
dandan
farliieansds225
Alias lover 818
NadiaSantosFan
Jen-Jen
angels_fire_88
Aliaschick347
grassyass

Chapter 8

Everything changed when I realised he’s falling for me again. I guess… He left and it was an emotional goodbye. For some reason letting him go for the second time felt even harder.

Sydney sat quietly in Michael’s hotel room and watched him pack the last of his belongings. She had known this day would come but seeing him ready to leave soon broke her heart. These few months that they had spent together had brought them close once more and it reminded her what an important part of her life he had been when they were still together. She didn’t love him anymore but still cared and he was dear to her. It had taken her eight years but she finally realised that he had always been her soul mate. That one person who could understand her better then anyone even if they hadn’t seen each other for so long. She watched him check every closet and cupboard making sure that nothing was left behind. At least from material things that were his to own or dismiss and forget. She smiled wondering if this was his late wife’s doing because the only things he used to remember for sure had something to do with her. He put his suitcase near the door and was ready to leave. Just like that he would walk out of her life for the second time and her heart would be broken again. She swallowed her tears and forced a smile on her lips as he walked closer and sat across from her. For a moment they just sat in silence both pondering their own thoughts neither wanting to let the other go. But this was unfortunately a goodbye and they didn’t have much time left.

“I’ll miss you,” he said and pulled her into a hug.

“And I’ll miss you too,” she replied truthfully and rested her head on his shoulder.

“You’ve done so much for me these past months. If it hadn’t been for you I don’t know how I would have pulled trough,” he continued deeply grateful.

“Michael…” she begun but he didn’t let her finish.

“Don’t say anything,” he interrupted and smiled.

“I wish I could have met her,” Sydney said and lifted her head from his shoulder.

“I think you would have liked each other,” he replied and turned his head so now they were facing each other.

Sydney simply smiled and took his hand in hers.

“When I have finally settled into my new home I’ll write,” he continued.

“Unless it’s an email I doubt I’ll get any of your letters,” she replied knowing her husband would try to hide them from her.

“I’ll keep that in mind but you’ll be the first to stop answering them,” he replied half joking.

“I shed my tears and then I figured it had to stop,” Sydney answered thinking Michael was hinting at their brake up.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that,” Michael stated realising she had taken it the wrong way.

“It’s ok,” she accepted his apology with a smile.

“But don’t hesitate to call me if you need someone to talk to,” he said letting her know he’d still be there for her.

“Sure… We should get going,” she replied reluctantly standing up knowing he had a plane to catch.

“True,” he said and followed her out the door holding the suitcase in his hand.

That evening Sydney was glad to realise she had the house all to herself. There was no need to pretend that everything was all right and no need to force a smile against her will. So she sat in the empty house with a glass of wine in her hand and listened to the “Fast And The Furious Theme” by BT over and over and over again. She let the realisation that he was really gone sink in and wondered how long she would be replying his emails this time knowing she’d miss him only as a friend. She questioned herself if it will make a difference or would it still be too hard to bear. Unfortunately no matter what she felt she knew her actions had to stay as normal as possible in order to ease her husbands mind and prove to him that there was really nothing more but friendship between her and Michael. So this was probably her first and only moment allowed for weakness before having to pull herself together and act as if nothing’s wrong. Then she closed her eyes trying to think of nothing but had no luck. Eventually she put the wine away and simply cried herself to sleep hoping tomorrow would be a better day.

“Why that song?” the woman simply asked.

“Well it has no lyrics and… Honestly I’ve never thought about it,” Sydney answered truthfully.

“And yet you love questioning everything. Interesting,” the woman said more to herself then her.

“Well at least you are not bored,” Sydney replied with a shrug

“Don’t worry about me. But did your husband ever notice you were sad about Michaels departure?” the woman continued with her questions.

“I’m good at hiding my emotions around people so I doubt that,” Sydney replied sounding almost proud of herself.

“Michael is an exception?” the woman asked with a smile.

“He tends to be,” Sydney simply replied.

“You cried,” the woman stated as if wanting to know why one would do so.

“It just hurt so much,” Sydney replied truthfully.

“Did it help?” the woman asked with a hint of compassion in her voice.

“I felt awful in the morning but yes,” Sydney replied nodding her head.

Back