~Times Like These~

~Part IV~
~Produce Asile Fluff~

Sitting on the plane to Venice he couldn't help but watch Sydney as she slept peacefully in the leather chair in front of him. A blanket laying over her lap with her head resting against the side wall of the plane. The atmosphere was light, the nosie from the engines filled the air slightly as they flew, but it wasn't loud enough to disturb her slumber. She'd been on so many planes that she could stay asleep through turbulance, the jet lag wasn't her favoirte part, he discovered that long ago. Whenever she got home from a mission she'd be exhausted, not wanting to do anything but sleep. Not that he blamed her, she used to have new missions every week, so about 52 a year, she flew 104 times in 365 days. He never did get how she could handle it without starting to dispise flying. She was such a strong person, such a strong woman, and he respected her more than anyone he ever had, even his own father. She carried herself in a way that just made him love her even more. She was stubborn, sure, but then again who wasn't at some point in their life? The difference was that her stubborness could get her killed at any moment, the job they had wasn't exactly normal, he had lost her once, he now didn't take having her in his life for granted. He was too shocked to sleep, if someone had told him he would be sitting across from the woman he loved a few days ago, he would have told them to go get their head checked out. The realization that she was back hadn't set in yet, he was still getting used to the fact that she hadn't parished that night in her home. He spent two years drinking himself to death when he could have been searching for her, trying to find her. But he gave up to easily, he had let her go without question, he'd let his mind lead him where his heart should have. He no doubt blamed himself for that night, now even more than he originally had. Not knowing if he could have saved her pain, killed him inside. He had vowed to never be the person to hurt her, but that vow was now broken, for everything he had worked to build was now in more than one way broken. He'd let her down, the faith that he held in his heart for her had vanquished the day he was told she had died. He'd been foolish enough to believe that she was really gone. The world they lived in was full of lies and deception, this situation wasn't any different. But of all the bad thoughts in his mind, one good memory suddenly unburied itself, thinking about it just made him smile. He didn't know what made him remember exactly, but it definatly brought up his mood.

~Flashback~

Walking down the isle of the local grocery store Vaughn couldn't be more happy. It was offically their first time in public together, besides the hockey they played a few days before. Instead of standing next to eachother acting inconspicous incase SD-6 was watching they now got to do whatever they pleased, because the horrid alliance that turned Sydney's life upside down...was gone. They had stopped at the store on their way home from work, Sydney had insisted on making dinner for the both of them, as in the last time she did they didn't get to eat it, not like they really cared at the time. He pushed the cart along, following her down the asile as she looked at the food products that were lined up neatly on both sides. She stopped at the boxes of pasta and tried to find the one she wanted. Vaughn stopped and leaned over on the cart and watched her. He smiled as he saw her brow furrow in confusion.
"That doesn't make sense." She said reading the back of the box. She was obviousliy talking to herself, because her voice was low and steady.
"What's that?" He asked. She shook her head.
"It's says you need three jars of sauce, but i always just use two." She said. He smiled at how incredible stupid this decison was. Here they deal with terrorists and nuclear weapons everyday and she's stressing over pasta sauce. He smiles and moves away from the front of the cart, he slowly moves up behind her and puts his arms around her waist. Laying his chin on her shoulder.
"So, who ever reads directions anyway, besides Marshall." He said. She laughed slighty but kept reading the directions. He brushed the hair away from her neck and started to kiss the spot under her ear. Her breath hitched slightly as he caught her off guard.
"Vaughn...." She grabbed onto the side of the cart so as to keep herself from falling.
"Hmmm...." He nibbled on her earlob.
"You know, you're so cute when you're confused." He said smiling, he kissed the soft spot behind her ear and that was enough to make her drop the box of pasta on the floor. She jumped a bit and he laughed.
"Am i making you nervous?" He asked whispering in her ear. She closed her eyes.
"No, but you have to stop, we're in a public store." She said leaning into him. He smiled.
"So, let's get out of here." He said. It took all her will power to move out of his arms.
"No, unlike last time, we ARE going to eat dinner." She said. She picked up the box off the floor and set it into the cart. She spun the cart around and walked down to the end of the asile, he didn't follow her, instead he walked down to the other end of the asile. She kept walking, unaware that he wasn't following her. When she passed one of the asiles she looked down to the opposite end to see him walking with her. He was smiling like a goofball, walking with his hands in his pockets. She hid her smile and kept on walking. Every single asile she passed he passed at the exact same time only on the other end. She finally gave in and moved the cart behind one of the endcaps.
"Fine, he want's to play games we'll play games." She said to herself. She snuck down one of the asiles. She peeked around the corner and saw him no where so she kept walking. She looked down one of the asiles and saw him staring at her, but once she looked he soon disappread around the corner again. She walked a few more asiles until she reached the last one, she walked through the frozen foods as she watched in front of her, just waiting for him to pop out. She was about to turn the corner when a cart stopped in front of her. It was Vaughn, but everything happened so fast she didn't know what was going on. In a split second he went from pushing the cart to picking her up and setting her in the cart. She tried to get away from him but he laughed and kept his hold on her, successfully getting her into the cart.
"Michael Vaughn!" She said clearly shocked by his actions. Her voice laced with a "I'm so gonna kick your a**" tone. He smiled and started to push the cart.
"That would be me." He said as he pushed the cart down the asile. She held onto the sides and she looked at him, wondering where the hell he was going.
"We're going to get in trouble." She said, she knew they wouldn't, but she'd do anything to get out of there at the moment.
"You wish." He said. He kept on pushing. He grabbed a box of Coco Puffs on his way through the cereal asile and threw them to her. She caught them.
"What are you 5?" She asked. He smiled.
"Only when i want to be." He said. She shook her head and set them in the cart next to her. An older woman with a young child passed them by giving them werid looks. Vaughn smiled and kept walking. Sydney hid her face with her hand.
"What are we getting a little embarrassed?" Vaughn asked. She looked at him.
"No, i never said that." She said.
"Right, then why are you covering your face?" He asked. She let out a sigh and looked down. He laughed.
"We have to do this more often, honey." Vaughn said jokingly. Sydney rolled her eyes as they got to the fruits and vegetables. Vaughn picked out a bunch of grapes and set them in the cart. Sydney smiled as he kept walking paying attention to the food. She discretely opened the bag of grapes. He stopped the cart and turned around, his back facing Sydney for a short moment. She pulled out a grape and whipped it at him, hitting him in the back of the head. He turned around quickly and looked at her.
"Sydney Anne...." He was cut short of his ranting when another grape hit him smack dab in the middle of the forehead.
"Oww!" He exclaimed. She laughed as he rubbed his forehead. He reached over and took the grapes from her. Putting them in the front of the cart near him. He got to the end of the asile and that's when she decided to make a run for it. She quickly stood up and got one leg out. But the spike of her heel got stuck in he cart and she fell to the ground, almost face first but she caught herself before she broke her nose. Vaughn watched horrified. He left the cart and walked up next to her, kneeling down, he helped her sit up. He looked at her head then her arms, everywhere to make sure she wasn't hurt. He was worried.
"Sydney, are you okay? Does anything hurt?" He asked. She watched him as he looked at her. She looked at her hands, which were now red from them slapping hard on the ground.
"No, but my hands are tingling and burning." She said holding her hands out. He took one of her hands and brought it to his lips, kissing the palm of her hand slightly. Her eyes traveled up his face as she stared at him, utterly amazed by his actions once again. His love for her was so great that she often wondered what she had done to deserve him. She could go from being mad at him to being absolutely taken by him, just by the look in his eyes. He pulled her hand away from his lips and looked at her.
"What else hurts?" He asked looking at her, genuinaly worried. She stared at him and slowly rasied a hand, gently tapping on her bottom lip. He showed the smallest hint of a smile and let go of her hand. He put both of his hands on the sides of her to brace himself, then leanded forwad slowly and kissed her softly. They hadn't noticed that all of this was being witnessed by the stock boy or that a few passeres by were staring at them. Nope, they just sat on the floor in the produce asile...making out.

~End Flashback~

He was too busy remembering that memory, that he didn't even notice her staring at him. He finally came back to reality and realized that he himself was staring at her. She had this goffy smile on her face as she looked at him.
"Okay, what is it? You've been staring at me like that for the last 10 minutes." She said. He smiled and looked down.
"Sorry." He said as he played with his hands.
"Which one was it?" She asked. He looked up.
"What?" He asked. She smiled.
"You know, was it me dancing in the rain? Or when we got stuck in the elevator on that mission to spain." She said. He smiled.
"Actually it's the 'produce asile' one." He said.
"Oh my gosh! That was so hilarious. I don't think i've ever had that much fun shopping for food in my life." She said laughing as she rememberd the events.
"I think the produce boy was tramatized after that." He said smiling. She looked up at him and laughed as she shook her head.
"Poor stock boy." She said. They both got quiet. Sydney looked down at her hands.
"I've missed you." He said. She looked up at him, seeing a bit of pain in his eyes. She nodded.
"I know," She said.
"I've missed you too." He shook his head and looked away.
"Sydney...." He stopped. She saw how hesitant he was to talk, but didn't saw a word.
"You have no idea what losing you did to me." He said looking back up at her.
"I wasn't the same, i still don't think i am." He looked down at the floor almost ashamed of himself. She stood up and sat down in the seat next to him.
"I'm sorry, i'm sorry that you had to go through all of this. You don't deserve any of this." She said holding onto his hand. He looked at her.
"Neither of us do." He said. He sighed and looked ahead of him, to the spot she previously occupied. She laid her head gently on his shoulder and sat quietly.
"Whoever it is who took you, they're going to pay, dearly. No ones ever going to hurt you again, not with me around." He said so sure of himself. Sydney was actually scared by the tone of his voice, the hate he felt for the Covenant was almost greater than that hate she held for them herself. She knew Vaughn was dead serious, he would make sure they paid, that was just him. They pushed him to far over the edge, and it was time that he started to push back.

I could just picture Syd sitting inside the cart as Vaughn piles food on top of her - too funny. :lol: I could also see her falling out of the cart face first. :eek: That's a mother's major fear when she pushes a child in a grocery cart. Fantastic chapter, thanks for the PM.

Chris

ChrisM said:
I could just picture Syd sitting inside the cart as Vaughn piles food on top of her - too funny. :lol:  I could also see her falling out of the cart face first. :eek:  That's a mother's major fear when she pushes a child in a grocery cart.  Fantastic chapter, thanks for the PM.

Chris
[post="945523"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Damn, your post made me think of something, i forgot to add a line that i was wanting to add in there. Oh well, i'll edit it later. Thanks for all the great responses guys. It makes me work harder to get chapters done. More tomorrow!

Sydney Bristow 2300844 said:
There better be more tomorrow. Or...or....or....:Ponder: I'll send Derevko after you, yea, that's what I'll do! You've been warned!! muahhahahahhaha!
[post="945643"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol. That's okay, Syd. Vaughn will protect me. Even with his flotties on! lol.

that was another awesome chapter!! LMAO that grocery trip was so funny!! :lol: can't wait for the next chapter. btw thanks for the PM.

Okay, i'm working on the next chapter right now, it's almost done, so expect more very soon. A few hours most likely.

~Kristina

THE PART IN RED HAS BEEN REVISED AND CHANGED!!!!

~Part V~
~"Dead Man Walking"~

It wasn't too long before the plane landed at a small private airport in Venice, Italy. It was now the middle of the night, about 3 a.m. to be exact. They stepped off the small plane and into the Venice air. It was a dark cold night, the smell of rain filled the air and the crickets chirpped in the blades of grass along the runway. Sydney stopped and folded her arms across her chest to keep herself warm, she looked a bit puzzled as she looked at her watch.
"What is it?" He asked turning his head to look at her. She looked back up at the empty runaway in front of them.
"The car was supposed to be here 15 minutes ago." She said. He leaned down and set his suticase on the ground, then stood back up next to her.
"Well, can't you call the driver?" Vaughn asked. She shook her head.
"No, i don't know the number. Weiss made the arrangments for me." She said. She looked behind her at the plane, the pilot was watching them through the cockpit window. Sydney sighed and looked at Vaughn.
"You feel up to walking it?" She asked. He picked up his bag.
"How far?" He asked.
"2 Miles." She said. He nodded aggrement.
"Okay." She turned back to the pilot and waved a hand, motioning that it was okay for him to go. She took Vaughn's hand and they started to walk away from the plane and towards the thriving city. They got to the front entrance of the airport and stepped out onto the sidewalk, they walked down the street, passing many young people on the way, most likely all party goers. They passed a girl that had obvioulsly consumed more alcohol than her body saw fit, because she was signing in Italian at the top of her lungs as she leaned on her friends shoulder. He saw Sydney smile out of the corner of his eye and he squezzed her hand a little tighter. She looked up at him as they passed the obnoxiously loud teen and laughed.
"What was she siging?" He asked.
"Something about her mother baking a blueberry pie." She said. He laughed as they strolled down the sidewalk. Another sweet memory popped into his head, playing as if it were a movie. It was funny how recent situations brought back the past.

~Flashback~

Sydney, Vaughn, Will and Francie sat at the round table in the front of the stage of the bar. They all laughed as Will finsihed telling his story about how an officer pulled him over because she thought he was Brad Pitt.
"I swear, she thought i was Brad Pitt! She even asked for my autograph." Will said. Sydney laughed.
"What did she say when you signed it "Will Tippin"? She asked.
"Well....actually....i didn't." He said playing with his glass of beer.
"Will! You made her think you were this totally hot...God of an actor, when you're just a journalist?" Syd said. Will laughed.
"That hurt, Syd, that really did." He said putting his hand over his heart. They all laughed. Vaughn put his arm around Sydney's shoulders as he took another sip of his beer. She looked up at him and smiled, letting her hand rest on his knee. All of a sudden Francie's cell phone rang. Everyone looked up at her.
"Sorry." She said fishing the phone out of ther purse. She looked at the number.
"I have to take this." She said. She got up and walked away from the table. Vaughn watched the band on stage as they played. Sydney leaned forward to talk to Will.
"What was that all about?" Sydney asked. Will shrugged.
"I don't know, she gets calls like that all the time, and she always leaves the room." He said. Sydney sat back into Vaughn's arm.
"She's been acting really strange latley." Sydney said. Will nodded.
"I know, she's not as....she's just not Francie. She's not as energetic and outgoing as she always is." Will said. Vaughn looked down at Sydney then at Will.
"Maybe it's just the resturante." He suggested.
"Maybe she's just stressed." He went back to watching the band play and smiling. Sydney and Will looked at eachother.
"Maybe we should talk to her." Sydney suggested. Will nodded.
"I'll talk to her about it when we get home." Will said. Sydney nodded and took a sip of Vaughn's beer, Francie made her way back to the table and sat down.
"Sorry guys, what did i miss?" Francie asked. Sydney looked at Will from over the rim of the glass. He shook his head.
"Just the band." Will said. Francie nodded and watched the band play. After the song ended the manager came up on the stage and started speaking.
"Okay, very well done. That was Northern Lights everybody, their CD is out in stores on the 15th." He cleared his throat.
"Now, it's 10:00 and it's time to start the all night kareokke Friday bash. So how about we start off with some gentlemen." He said. He looked out in the audience and his eyes stopped on Will and Vaughn.
"Oh no." Vaughn said. Sydney laughed and Will had his horrid look on his face.
"How about you two guys. Why don't you come up and sing for your lovley ladies?" The manager said. Vaughn shook his head and looked down at the table.
"Nope, no way in hell." He said. Sydney pleaded.
"Come Vaughn, please? For me?" She asked. He shook his head.
"I'll make sure it's worth your while when we get home." She said. He looked at her.
"Is that a promise?" He asked. She leaned up and kissed him softly, pulling away she said,
"I promise." He sighed and looked at Will.
"Come on man, let's get it over with." Vaughn said taking one more sip of his beer and standing up. He waited for Will and they walked up on the stage. They both cleared their throats. Josh Kelley's "Amazing" Came on the tv screen and Vaughn and Will sighed.
"This is going to be brutle." Will whispered.
"Tell me about it." Vaughn said. The song started and they began to sing, mid way through the song they started to really get into it and have some fun. Sydney and Francie sat back at the table laughing. When they were done everyone started clapping. Will and Vaughn bowed.
"YOU'RE HOT!!!!" One of the girls in the back yelled. Vaughn laughed and leaned towad the microphone.
"I'm happily taken." He said. The girls let out a low boo as he walked off the stage laughing. They guys sat down at the table.
"Happily taken?" Sydney asked smiling. He looked over at her.
"Very." He said leaning down and kissing her, Will rolled his eyes.
"Get a room." He said. Sydney and Vaughn laughed as they broke apart.
"Sorry." Syd said. The manager got back on stage.
"That was very touching." He said pretending to wipe a tear from his eye. Everyone laughed.
"Ya know, i think we embarassed the guys enough, i think we should embarass their girls." He said. Sydney chocked on the beer she was drinking. Vaughn laughed and rubbed her back.
"You okay, sweetheart?" He asked. Will laughed.
"Come on, we're waiting for youuuuuuu." The guy on the stage said. Vaughn got out of the booth so Sydney could get out. She sighed and stood up. She looked at Francie.
"Fran, you coming?" Syd asked. Francie smiled.
"No, i'll pass, you go ahead girl." She said. Sydney rolled her eyes.
"You're sending me the firing wall alone?" She asked. They all laughed as Vaughn pushed her towads the stage.
"I'm going...i'm going!" She said. He sat back down. She walked up and all the guys whistled and hollared. Vaughn stood back up.
"SHE'S TAKEN!!!" He yelled.
"Awww!!" The guys roared as they were disappointed. Sydney laughed as he sat back down. She tried to think of a song and suddenly one popped in her head. She turned to the manager and whispered it to him. He nodded and walked off stage. The tv came on and the lyrics started to roll across the screen as the music started. She started to sing Christina Aguleria's "I turn to you"
She sat on the black stool that was sitting unused on the stage, she stared at Vaughn the whole time, her eyes never leaving his. It was the perfect song, through it she could tell him everything she's ever felt. It was more of a thank you than anything. For everything he's ever done for her, for never giving up on her when everyone else did. He was the only thing she had to turn too.
She felt tears start to surface as the end of the song neared. The look in his eyes made her weak, she stopped looking at the prompter and said the rest of the words because she already knew them. All eyes in that bar were on her, not a single person wasn't watching her in utter disbelief. The music finally stopped and she dropped the microphone to her lap. You've never heard silence until you were inside that bar at that exact moment. No one spoke, no one moved, no one got up. Everyone just stared. She stood up and put the microphone back into it's stand. She hadn't seen anyone get up at all, she hadn't heard a sound. That's why she was surpirsed when she turned around, to see him standing in front of her. She swallowed hard, he had such a serious look on his face, one that she'd never seen in the two years that she knew him. In a matter of seconds his arms were around her, pulling her into the tightest, most secure, most comforting hug she's ever experiance in her 27 year of living. She threw her arms around him and buried her face in his neck, on the verge of tears.
"I love you." She whispered into his neck. He closed his eyes and held her closer to him.
"I love you too, i always have." He said stroking the back of her head. They hadn't noticed that many of the people were still watching them. The manager came up behind them.
"Um...can you guys move to the side or off the stage please? We have to get the next song going." He asked polietly, not wanting to ruin their moment. Vaughn looked up at him.
"Sure, sorry about that." He said. He took Sydney's hand and walked down the steps of the stage. They didn't go back to the table, instead they stood off to the side. Vaughn's back leaning against the brick wall. He pulled Sydney to him and she rested her head on his chest. He kissed the top of her head softly.
"Sydney, that was absoultley amazing. Do you know that?" He asked pulling away so that she'd looked at him. She smiled up at him.
"It's true, every single line in that song is ture." She said. He brushed a peice of hair out of her face and smiled.
"You're beautiful." He said. She just stared up at him.
"Can we go?" She asked. He looked her in the eyes.
"Sure, where do you want to go?" He asked running his finger along her cheek.
"Your place." She said. He looked up at her abruptly.
"My place?" He asked. She nodded.
"Please? Francie and Will are going to go home in a little while and...." He put a finger to her lips.
"I know." He said. He let out a small smile.
"Let's go say good-bye to them." He said. He took her hand and pushed himself off the wall. He led her around the people and back to the table.
"There you two are! Where the hell did you go?" Will asked. Sydney let out a small smile.
"We're going to get going, we're tired." Syd said holding onto Vaughn's arm. He looked at her and smiled.
"Yea....sure you are." Will said. Sydney rolled her eyes.
"We'll see you guys tomorrow." Vaughn said. He pulled Sydney behind him after she got her purse.
"Have fun!" Francie yelled as they made their way through the crowd. Sydney turned back to her.
"That's a given." Syd said smiling. They walked out of the bar that night and barley made it to his apartment. That night was one of the single best moments of her life. She was always able to be herself with him, she didn't have to worry about anything, and he made her feel so safe, something she hasn't felt in a very long time.

~End Flashback~

The memory made a smile grow on his face. But for him whenever he remembers something as good as a memory, something bad always happens in it's wake. And that night, it did. If he would have been paying attention he would have seen how dark the alley's were. He should have been the one walking on the side closest to the buildings and the entrances to the alley's not her. He should have been smarter, it was his job to protect her. It happened so fast that he barley had time to realize what was happening. They had been walking slowly down the sidewalk, just taking pleasure from being able to do so. Then they passed a gap inbetween the buildings. In the matter of 2 seconds she went from next to him to being held at gun point. Vaughn dropped his suitcase. He was scared, not knowing what the man dressed in black wanted.
"Per favore ha lasciato va." [Please let her go.] He said pleading.
"I speak English a**hole." The man said. Vaughn swallowed.
"Please, just...i'll give you what you want, just tell me what you want and i'll give it too you." He started to panic.
"Just let her go, please, she's innocent, she's just a woman for Godsake." Vaughn said.
"SHUT UP!!!" The man yelled tighting his grip around Sydney's neck. He pushed the gun harder against the side of her head. Vaughn saw her wince and he knew he was hurting her.
"What do you want?" Vaughn asked. The man got a evil looking grin on his face.
"Ever play Russian Rullete before?" He asked. The anger in Vaughn was rising.
"Here in Venice we have our own version. We call it 'Camminare di uomo morto' or what you would say, 'dead man walking'." He said. Vaughn swallowed hard.
"Please, don't hurt her." He pleaded. The man smiled.
"There's one bullet in this gun, hmmm.....i wonder how long before your girls brains are blown out." he said. Vaughn pulled out his wallet. He pulled out his credit cards and his money and held it out.
"Here, take this." He said. The man smiled and shook his head.
"I don't want money." He said.
"Then what do you want?" Vaughn asked. The man smiled and turned Sydney's face toward him. He licked a straight path from the bottom of her jaw and up the side of her face. Vaughn swore to himself the man was going to die. He knew what the man wanted to do to Sydney, and it made his stomach turn.
It must have had some affect on Sydney too, because she forgot what delicate situtation she was in and it was as if something inside of her turned on. With one quick motion the man was stumbling backwards do to the force of Sydney's elbow in his face. The sound of his nose cracking was loud and blood started to flow stadily down the front of his face. He held his nose as tears burined his eyes from the impact, causing him to see blury.
"You f***ing b****!" he yelled. Sydney spun kick him in he face, causing him to black out and fall onto the pavement. She made sure he wasn't moving then turned to Vaughn. He now had his knife out, the one he always kept in his boot. She walked over to him and threw her arms around him. He dropped the knife and held her close.
"Sydney." He closed his eyes and buried his face in her hair.
"I love you so much." He said. The tears she was crying fell against his neck.
"I love you t...." A loud noise cut off the rest of her sentence. Vaughn looked over her shoulder to see the man pointing a gun at them. He looked down at Sydney to see a blank look on her face, her tears had stopped and she was just staring at him.
"Sydney?" He asked. 'Please no, not her.' He prayed.
"Vaughn." She said. Her knees got weak and she started to slip to the ground. Vaughn held her up in his arms. He felt around her back and found the spot she'd been shot.
"Oh my gosh." He said.
"Vaughn." She said, she started crying again. He forgot all about the man that was on the ground passed out once again, he had one priority, and that was getting her help. He didn't want to lose her, he couldn't, not when he just got her back. It wasn't fair! He picked her up in his arms and ran out of the alley, he ran down the street.
"I NEED HELP!!! SOMEONE HELP!!!" He yelled. People didn't do anything, they just stopped and looked. No one wanted to be a part of the situation. He got upset but kept running.
"SOMEONE HELP!!!" He yelled again and again. He started to cry as he got absoluetly no where.
"Vaughn." She said.
"Put me down." He looked down at her and saw the pain in her face. He slowly set her down on the sidewalk, resting her head in his lap. The blood pooled in a pile around them. She looked up at him.
"Michael, i need you to promise me something." She said. Vaughn shook his head.
"No, i'm going to get you help." He said. She shook her head.
"It's over." She said.
"Just let me go." His bottom lip started to quiver and tears started to fall.
"I can't. " He said.
"I just got you back." She reached up and brushed his tears away.
"Promise me you'll move on, find someone that you love, and that loves you." She said. He shook his head.
"No." He said.
"Micahel..."
"I said no, i'm not going love anyone the way i love you, ever." He said. Tears fell down her cheeks and she looked down.
"Vaughn, i'm scared." She said. That only made the tears fall even more for him.
"I know you are sweetie, i know." He said brushing the hair out of her face.
"But don't be." He said.
"Sydney, there's so much better than this. There's a place where you can be happy, without having to watch your back every 2 seconds. There's a beautiful place, a place that was meant for you in the first place." He shook his head.
"Sydney, you're an Angel." She looked him stagiht in the eye.
"I'm not scared of dying, otherwise i wouldn't be able to do what we do. I'm just scared to leave you." She said. He could tell she was fading, because her face muscles relaxed a bit, she knew too.
"Vaughn, before....kiss me. One last time." She said softly. He showed her his smile one more time then leaned down slowly and kissed her. He could taste the blood on her lips, she was falling into the darkness. He pulled his lips off of hers for one second.
"I love you Sydney Anne Bristow. I always will." He said. He kissed her again. She got out one sentence in between a kiss.
"I love you too....i'll always be with you." She said. He kissed her again until he flet her let go. He pulled back and looked into her eyes, they were now blank, the sparkle she always had was gone. He started to sob openly and loud. He hugged her to him and just cried.
"No....please god no." He cried. Sitting there under the street light he just held her, rocking her body back and forth. He looked up at the sky and it started to rain heavily. He shook his head.
"DAMN YOU!" He yelled to the sky. He hung his head low and cried once again, for it was that day, that the Angels started to cry again.

smartaleck81 said:
I wonder why Sydney didn't attack him sooner.  Thanks for the update and the pm.  Can't wait for more.
[post="948704"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hmm....There's a reason for everything. Especially in my crazy writers mind. lol

evil cliffhanger? who got shot? :thinking: and what did that guy really want? or never mind....

i need more!!!! otherwise:thud::stretcher: and you don't want that to happen, do you? you'll loose a reader. :lol: just kidding!

Back