We Still Have Each Other

omv that was so good.
i luved it! :D i cant wait 'til the next chapie!
i can just see jack's face when vaughn 1st kiss' syd & syd trying to convince kendall to give them a month off. :lol:
they have to find belle! & what does that note mean?!
thanx for the PM :flowers:

~kim :homestar:

eh? :blink: :o_O: okay the s/v thing was really cute and sweet but the note! Halfway there, Halfway back?! what's that suppose to mean?! :o_O:
--mandy :angelic:

thanks for the lovely reviews!! :D

and about the note, you will know when it's time. :P that's just me being eeeevil! :lol: But, u wanted happy, I gave u happy, right?

ill post more soon, and I promise, you'll know why! There's a reasonable explanation behind this!

I think i'll have more up tomorrow night. I'm not sure cuz i've got to study, and tidy my room, and write compositions.... :(
But i'll try to make time and write the next chapy. Anyway, you'll all get a pm when i post it, so... till the next update! :smiley:

C ya!

thanks for reading, i appreciate it!
:D

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>YEEAAAHHHH!!!</span> :jump:
I FINALLY got back on the internet!!!! (y) I got attacked by that STUPID worm thingy over here on the west coast!! I've been without my AA for almost a whole week!!!! :stupidcomputer:
LOVE the fic!!! :inlove: GREAT updates!!! Can't wait for more! :woot:
What a weird note?!?!!! :blink: More soon I hope!!! :smiley:
🦋

OoO...That was so good!!! All the chapters were good!!! I finally got a chance to read some fan fiction and I'm sure glad I read this!! Write more soon!! :woot:

Ok, this is a little long, but hopefully you’ll like it. Thanks for the reviews and enjoy! :smiley:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 7 ~ * Dead End * </span>

- CIA Operations Center -

“ Dad! Dad! ” – called Sydney

Jack turned around. His face was filled with worry and concern. Sydney’s hope vanished immediately.

“ No! Please, don’t tell me we’ve got nothing! Not again! ” – she said, tears forming in her eyes.

Jack hugged her without hesitation. She was crying harder and harder.

“ I’m sorry. I really am. ”

“ Dad I need her. The pain I’m in… it’s unbearable! Only Mike can lessen it, and now he’s not even here! ”

“ What do you mean he isn’t here? I saw him a moment ago. ”

“ Didn’t I tell you? He got a call from the hospital. His mom is there. Apparently she fainted, and the doctors are trying to figure out why. I think she’ll be ok. ”

“ Oh. But I’m sure he’ll be back by night. Meanwhile, you should stay here, around me would be even better. ”

“ Sure. Thanks daddy. ” – she said as she broke the hug and gave him a kiss on the cheek. It was funny how it had taken him all these years to be a good dad. But now, he wasn’t only a good dad, he was the best dad. He laid his feelings on the line a bit more, and showed his true concern for her. She could clearly see now how he always put her interests before. She loved him.

“ Don’t mention it. ”

“ Do you have any idea what these messages may mean? ”

“ No. I’m sorry. But I’m sure we’ll find out eventually. ”

“ Yeah, I know. ” – she practically whispered. She smiled helplessly. “ I’m gonna go call Mike see how his mom is. He’s probably worried about me too. ”

“ Sure honey. I’ll see you later. ”

They went their separate ways. Jack looked as heartbroken as Sydney. She walked into a private hallway, laid against a wall and grabbed her cell phone. She dialed Michael’s number. After a couple of rings, he picked up.

“ Hello. Who’s speaking? ” – he said

“ Your distraught and unkempt wife. ”

“ If you’re implying you look awful again, then you’re way off. You could never look awful. ”

“ Well guess what? I do. ”

“ Should I go there or do you wanna come here? ”

“ What for? ”

“ So I can show you how non-awful you really are. ”

“ I’d love it if you showed me. ” She paused. “ Your mom isn’t next to you listening to what you’ve been saying, right? ”

He laughed. “ No. she isn’t. I’m outside her room”

“ Good. How is she? Do they know what happened to her? ”

“ She’s better. She just fainted. Too much stress over the Belle search. ”

“ Funny how it hasn’t happened to us yet. ”

“ I wonder. Did they find anything? ”

“ Nothing at all. ”

He fell silent.

“ Mike, sweetie, we’ll find her. ”

“ I know. I just…. I want to hold her so much. ”

“ I understand. So when are you coming back? I miss you. I need you. ”

“ I’m gonna stay for like an hour, and then I’ll go home. I have to stop by the Ops. Center. Where are you gonna be?

“ I’m at the CIA and I’ll stay here with my dad. I don’t wanna be home alone, it’d be too much. ”

“ I agree. I’ll try to be there as soon as possible. Love you. ”

“ Love you too. And please come quickly. ”

“ I’ll try. Bye. ”

They both hung up.

She saw Kendall talking to her father. She went outside and asked her dad if there was anything she could do.

“ Not really. Why don’t you find a place to sit and just relax a little? You should. ”

“ Fine. Mike’s coming in an hour or so to pick me up. ”

“ All right. ”

She found an empty chair and sat down.

What can I do? If I thinking more about my precious Belle I’m gonna go insane. – she thought. And without even deciding to, her mind wondered off to the day Mike had proposed. It had been one of the happiest days of her life.

FLASHBACK

She was wearing the black dress he had given her that same afternoon and he looked better than he ever had. They’d left the restaurant and now they were home.

“ You look so beautiful. ” – he said, and gave her a kiss

“ Thanks. You look gorgeous. ” – she said, and they kept kissing

“ Wait. I want to take a picture of you. Wait here. ”

He left the room.

“ Do you mind putting some music? ” – he said from inside their bedroom

“ Sure. What do you want to listen to? ”

“ Just press play. ”

She did so.

Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you

Her eyes softened. A tear escaped one of her eyes. This was their favourite song. As lost in the world of memories of them together as she was, she still heard the song in the background.

Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do

“ I knew you’d like it. ”

She turned around. He was standing 30 feet away from her. He was holding something in his hand. She understood. He walked closer to her, took her hand in his and got down on one knee.

For the morning sun in all it's glory
Greets the day with hope and comfort too
You fill my lift with laughter
And somehow you make it better

“ From the moment I met you, I knew there was something about you. Something that would change me. It took me long to realize what it was. It was…. that we are soul mates. And when I realized, I was immensely happy and a little sad at the same time. Happy because I had found who I had been searching my whole life. And sad because our job wouldn’t allow us to be together. But we got through it….. because we did it together. ”

Sydney was crying and smiling now.

There's a love that's divine
and it's yours and it's mine, like the sun
And at the end of the day
We should give thanks and pray
To the one, to the one

“ And when we started going out, I was proved right. You are my soul mate. I love you more than my own life and I know that without you I- I couldn’t live. And if I had to go through hell, I know I could pull through if you were with me. Because you lessen my pain, you take all the sadness away, you make me smile. ”

Have I told you lately that I love you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness

“ My love for you has existed since the moment I first saw you. And it will exist until the end of my life. My life…. I want you to spend it with me. Sydney, my princess, my love, you’re my everything. You make me whole. ” He paused. “ Would you be my wife? ” – he finished and smiled at her

There's a love that's divine
And it's yours and it's mine, like the sun
And at the end of the day
We should give thanks and pray
To the one, to the one

“ Of course I will! ” She got down to be at his same level. “ I knew it too. That there was something special about you. And my love for you will always exist. And now I’m ready to marry you and make you the happiest man in the world. ”

“ I promise you I’ll do everything I can to make you as happy as you make me. ”

He took her head in his hands and have her a long kiss. Meanwhile, their song came to an end.

And have I told you lately that I love you
You fill my heart with gladness
Take away my sadness
Take away all my sadness
Fill my life with gladness

END OF FLASHBACK

Sydney’s daydream came to a halt when someone called her name.

“ Excuse me miss Bristow. ”

“ Yeah? ”

“ This is my chair. ”

“ Oh! Sorry. ”

She got up and checked her watch. Only 15 minutes more before Michael arrived.

TBC

-----------------------

A/N: The song is “Have I Told You Lately” by Rod Stewart

Thanks for reading! Please review! :smiley:

I just caught up. SOrry that i wasnt able to review sooner. My computer got that stupid virus. :( Anywho, great chapters!! Poor Syd and Vaughn. They're so heartbroken. I hope they find Belle soon! I cant wait for more. Update soon.
Oh! Thanks for the PM's!!

awwww. the flash back was so sweet!! :love: Love it, more soon Caro :D
--mandy :angelic:

Wonderful chapter!!! I love the flashbacks, they're so sweet. Please post more soon. And maybbe we can get a few Belle PoV? :smiley: That would be interesting! :D

Back