We Still Have Each Other

Hi there!

I feel I haven’t been describing Syd and Mike’s emotions right. In fact, I think I’ve barely described them. I don’t know how losing your child feels like, but I can imagine. That’s why the next chapter ( already in progress ;) ) has a looong Syd’s POV.

And Kaiserin, as far as a Belle POV is concerned, I thought about it. But it can’t be done. You’ll find out why eventually.

Thanks everyone for repling. It means a lot! :smiley:

The next chapy will be up monday or tuesday night. I can’t promise much, because I’ve got a biology exam on wednesday. that d*** school will be the end of me! :angry:

Colly E., Nad and Nance, thanks for the reviews! And to everyone else too, of course. ;)

Ok, wow I just love your story. I am so glad you mentioned it to me. Caught up, and loved it. You are such a great writer Caro, and I hope you know that. I love it!! (y) Another great story!!

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend Vicky. She was SO kind to read this fic, even though she doesn’t watch Alias. So, to you buddy, hope you enjoy this, and major thanks for everything you do for me. Love a girl! :smiley:
Well, hope u like this chapie!

Chapter 8 ~ * Shocker *

- CIA Operations Center -

Around 20 minutes later, Michael walked in looking a little stressed out.

“ Are you ok sweetie? ” – Sydney asked him

“ I’m better now I’m with you. ”

They kissed briefly, before Jack or Kendall saw them.

“ Is your mom feeling any better? ”

“ Yeah, she wanted me to drive her home. But the doctor said she’d better stay for the night. I’ll pick her up in the morning. ”

“ All right. What do you say we go somewhere else other than home? It’d stress us out even more, don’t you think? ”

“ Maybe we can take a walk. Go to the pier. Remember the good times. ”

“ I’d lover to. Let’s go say be to dad and get out of here! ” – she said, suddenly excited at the prospect of being with her husband alone

They headed to Jack’s office and knocked on the door.

“ Come in. ” – he said from inside

They did.

“ Hey dad. We just stopped by to say goodnight. We’re taking a walk and then going home. ”

“ Ok. But try to get some rest you two. ”

“ Fine daddy. ” – she said rather annoyed. But, to tell the truth, she loved how fatherly he’d been behaving

“ Michael, I heard about your mother. How is she doing? ”

“ Better now, thanks. She’ll be released form the hospital in the morning. ”

“ I’m glad. Well, I’ll see you two tomorrow then. ”

“ Bye dad! ”

“ Goodnight Jack. ”

They left his office, and then the CIA headquarters, holding hands.

--------------------------

- The pier -

This place brought so many good memories to her, and yet now they seemed painful. They’d brought Belle here in many occasions, and it was where she’d taken her first steps and said her first word. Sydney felt so dizzy all of a sudden that she had to sit down. The fact that she rarely slept at nights anymore wasn’t helping her either.

“ Wow, are you ok? ” – he asked concerned

“ I just got dizzy. This just… The place… ” – she said, beginning to cry

He hugged her without hesitation.

“ I know. The pier brings many memories of us, as a family. Memories of her. I understand, but we have to remain strong. We have to do it for her. ” He paused. “ We shouldn’t have come. ”

She nodded. “ Any chance this whole thing is a dream? A bad, bad nightmare? ”

He giggled at her sudden innocence.

“ I wish it were. Really. ”

“ If this were a nightmare then you wouldn’t be here. You’re too good to be in anybody’s bad dream. ” – she said, regaining her composure

“ You don’t deserve to have a bad dream. You’re too good to have to go through this. ”

She held him tighter.

“ I love you more than I could have ever imagined. ” – she said

“ I do too. I’m incredibly lucky to have such a beautiful woman in my life. ”

“ Oh yeah! I bet I look wonderful after a month of sleepless nights and nightmares so bad I wake up with wet and puffy eyes. Look at my messy hair. ” – she said and pointed to her hair. “ I could be in a Pantene commercial! ”

They giggled together.

“ You still look beautiful to me. ” – he said and looked her right into her eyes. “ You’re still my beautiful fairy princess.”

After a few second’s silence, she spoke.

“ You’re the best thing that’s happened to me in my whole life. “

He looked at her curiously.

“ You should know that. ” – she added. “ I think we should go home. I don’t want to stay here. ”

“ Sure. ”

He put his arm around her and together they walked.

------------------------

- Syd and Mike’s house. Following morning -

Another sleepless night and still no leads. Michael was having breakfast. Sydney felt that she needed to write down her thoughts if she wanted to feel a little bit better. So she sat down, took a pen and a piece of paper and began writing.

When something is taken away from you, you get perspective on certain things. You get to appreciate even more what you now don’t have. But above all, what you get is fear. When your daughter disappears for no apparent reason, you can’t help but wonder why. And the fear you feel is that of never being able to see them again and say what you should have said. Those are mistakes. And they can be corrected some times, if the person is found. But the uncertainty is there until the moment you have her in your arms and can hold her, kiss her, talk to her.

The pain is unbearable. Agony is more like it. And that still feels like an understatement. You can’t find the strength you need to go on, and every second that passes by, you lose a bit more of the little faith you have. And when nearly 4 weeks have passed by, and you still haven’t heard from her – if she’s ok, where she is, whom with – you want to be put out of your misery. Because finding her is now beyond your wildest dreams.

Michael looked up and stared at her with a worried look on his face.

Denial, anger, frustration. All those phases have left your body and soul, and all you have is hopelessness. It fills your heart and brain. And you keep wondering if life without her is worth living.

But, for some reason, I turned around and took a look around me, and saw someone standing nearby, looking at me concerned. And I remember all I went through with that person. He’s the reason why many times I felt this helpless, and yet I pulled through. Can he do it one more time? – I wonder. Because his hands can heal me, because his words can soften me, because his smile can melt me, he can walk with me through this path one more time. This path full of pain, and sorrow, and worry, and concern. I look around once more, and I see he’s moved closer to where I’ve been sitting, but is still keeping his distance for fear of upsetting me even more. He understands me and I know it. I’ve known it since the first time I laid my eyes on his. And I can’t deny that what happened to both of us was love at first sight. That I didn’t want to admit it is a different thing.

And my feelings for him never changed, never weakened, never lessened. In fact, they keep growing and growing every day I spend with him. And I never questioned the nature of these feelings, because deep inside I know we are meant to be. And that whatever else fate puts us through, we will get through and recover.

He walked closer to her, to see if she was crying.

And all these are the reasons why he’s standing 20 feet away from me and not stroking my hair. Because he knows that if he did, I’d break down and cry. Cry because I long to those perfect times we used to have, as a perfect family. And nothing is perfect anymore because Belle isn’t home safe as she used to be. He knows I’m thinking this and he says something that calms me, at the exact right time.

“ Our love is perfect. ” – he said

And as I turn around, he’s now less than a feet away from me. And I can absorb all his love now, because he said the perfect words at the perfect time. And now, as he kisses my cheek softly and holds my hand, everything is a little bit more perfect.

---------------------------

- Later that day -

Michael walked past Belle’s room and noticed something different. He quickly spotted a sheet of paper on the bed. He got in, picked the paper up and took a look at it.

“ Sydney! ” – he called. “ Sydney!! ”

She walked fast to Belle’s room.

“ What is it? ” – she asked

“ Take a look. ”

He showed her the sheet. On it, there was a drawing of a man, a woman and a little girl, all smiling and holding hands. On the side, there was something written.

Love you mommy and daddy.

See you soon.

Bele

Sydney was crying and Michael had tears in his eyes.

“ What do you think? ” – he asked

“ It was her. It was clearly her. See how she signed “Bele” instead of “Belle”? She still can’t remember the correct spelling of her name. She draw and wrote this. ” – she said, swallowing tears

“ I agree. But why the h*** would someone break into our house to give us this?! To makes us suffer even more?! ”

“ Maybe they’re trying to tell us something. I – I mean… This might not be written on purpose, but… It does say ‘See you soon’.”

“ I hope it’s true. ”

Though they didn’t know it, it was.

TBC

-----------------------------

Thanks for reading! Please review! :smiley: And I know not much happened in this chapter, but I promise many things will happen in the next! You’re gonna get some answers soon!

:blink: :o_O: what?! :confused: oh i'm a little confused here. though the letter/diary entry thing was really beautiful. I loved it. Great job Caro. more soon :D
--Mandy :angelic:

That was another good chapter!!! I just wonder about that note...I wonder what it could all mean...But good, and write more soon!!

P.S. Thanks for the PM's!!

very emotional chapter, i love it, youra really good writer! Can you write more soon, i really want to see what happens next!
keep up the fabulous work!

thank u guys. and i don't know when i'll be posting more, but it will definitely be some time during this week. i'm so busy right now! in fact, it was a miracle that i finished writing this one! ;)

Another beautiful heartwecking chapter!!! I thought I was going to cry between the diary entry and the drawing... Please post more soon... and thanks for the PM

Back