Who's Who Amoung American High School Students

Hey guys i got a note in the mail last year and of course i accepted it. Then i got yet another this year saying i was in the national honer society of who's who amoung american high school student. I'm not bragging because i don't think i'm that smart i know way smarter people then who didn't get it...i was just wandering if anyone else got something like this.

Mel :blush:

It's not about how smart you are. It's also about how involved you are in your school, extra cirricular activities, well roundedness in general and all that fluff they throw at you in the counselor's office.

Melissa said:
are u in it 2? if yes do u know who picked u for it?
[post="1310371"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I am not sure. I don't remember if I was in it or not. I wasn't too concerned about stuff like that in high school. I just do my homework, do my extra cirriculars, and be happy, and if someone wants to give me a pat on the back once in a while, great. OTherwise.. whatever...

Xin Li

I got into Junior National Honors Society this year. I'm still waiting to see if I get in National Honors Society (I'll be in High School next year) I'm afraid I wont make it xP

I'm in Who's Who!! Look for me in it!!!!!! And I am in the "National Society for High School Scholars" and since I'll be a Junior in HS next yr I'll be eligible for NHS, and I'm pretty sure I'll make it cause you just need a 3.8 or somethin and I have a 4.5.... :blush:

I was in it my junior and sophomore years. Also used it in college applications, though I;m not sure how important they were.

In my opinion, don't buy the book! If you don't mind spending the money for memories, by all means, go ahead. But I thought it was a waste to pay $30 for a book where your name is one of thousands printed in 9 point font. It's cool, but I'm cheap :P

I bought the book which cost 70 something because i got the gold with my name on it, and then i got the gold award, which was another 30 something and i'm in the national honer society who's who so we got the cheapest book this time around. I think its a money maker thing but hey i'm down with it. I'm not cheap at all!

Melissa

congrats to anybody in it...i'm in who's who..., National Society of High School Scholars (great scholarships for members) and National Honor Society....it really helps to get into college...and well, basically us NHS students get away with murder....LMAO :angelic: lauren

whocaffeinatedthecat? said:
congrats to anybody in it...i'm in who's who..., National Society of High School Scholars (great scholarships for members) and National Honor Society....it really helps to get into college...and well, basically us NHS students get away with murder....LMAO :angelic: lauren
[post="1317818"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Is that why I get away with everything I do???? LOL :lol: :angelic:

Melissa

Melissa said:
Is that why I get away with everything I do???? LOL  :lol:  :angelic:

Melissa
[post="1319275"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah Melissa, i think it has something to do with those plastic membership cards they gave us--in my school at least--...magical powers.... :lol: ~Lauren

^ Key Club has plastic cards too... do we get away w/ it too? :lol:
I got the Who's Who thing twice already, this year and last, tho I'm not going to do it...

You get plastic cards? No fair... we get cheap paper cards that our advisor writes our names on with her ugly handwriting :P

i got that too but i thought it was just a way for getting money...so i never sent it in...same thing with the national society of something...lol there are many places like that...and it seems just a way to get money...

AliasALIAS said:
You get plastic cards? No fair... we get cheap paper cards that our advisor writes our names on with her ugly handwriting :P
[post="1321255"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yay plastic cards! I got one too, and if you stare at it long enough, it's kinda shiny... hmm more like sparkly.

Well, you don't have to pay them. I just didn't have a favorite teacher to nominate, or if I did, I'm sure that teacher doesn't remember me anymore.

Back