Work

I worked at a Hallmark this past spring/summer... it was bad pay, but easy work. Before that, I worked at a Walgreens... I hated it.

Now i don't work... my dad won't let me this year. But I think I'm going to call around to some stables and see if I can work in exchange for riding lessons...

I love working with horses. At the stable I rode at when I lived on the east coast, I had my regular lessons, and then I'd get riding time in exchange for helping out... grooming, helping the little kids get ready for lessons, cleaning tack, sweeping the aisles of the stable... not too hard.

I have baby-sat a couple of times, but not much else...I probably should get a job soon, probably when I turn 15 or something...I am going to need money...

I am Front Office Supervisor ... at a big hotel here in Aruba ... ;)

Work about 9 to 10 hours a day ... and pay is good ... could be better ... ;)

I'm 13, so I dont really work. Just babysit. And I get 6 dollars a week from my parents for allownece, which I do nothing for. hehe. I dont have chores. lol. :P

absolutly squat, lol i dont 'have time for a job, my folks say i can't have one untill the summer, they dont' want work to interfer with my hmw and junk like that. but i do get alowance 9 bucks week, not much, but i barly spend any cash. alowance usually goes towards CDs :smiley:

i babysit (mostly watching my younger brother and sister) for 5 bucks and hour so i usually make between 20 and 40 dollars a week! i dont get an allowance though which i think is unfair bc i have to do a ton of chores! :D

I work at a retail store nearby where I live. They sell "7 for all mankind" jeans which are JG's favoriiiiiite jeans. :sigh: I can't afford a pair though :lol:

Pay is okay I guess. I don't know what's considered "bad" or "good" but i know it's definitely better than babysitting... i only got 5 dollars an hour for sittin' :thud:

:sigh: I miss allowance. I used to get $20 a month... but then I'd get like $20 a week for lunch in HS, and I rarely used more than half of that, so I had plenty of money. But I worked my butt off around the house. Lots of chores... washing and wiping dishes (my mom doesn't believe in using the dishwasher... she says it wastes electricity), folding the laundry, vacuuming, the trash once a week, and when I got my license, driving my brother to his violin lessons (which he had inconveniently during rush hour... so it would take like 45 min. just to get there) or to and from his friends' houses. :rolleyes: Later, when I got a job, the allowance went away, but I made sure my parents reimbursed me for gas. Eep. I sound like I'm complaining. I did more than most of the kids I knew, but my parents have given me a lot... especially since they're paying for college now!

I'm definately getting a job this summer though. Even though I'll be taking classes.

Wow! $20 an hour! In 8th grade, i babysat these two bratty girls who lived near me, and I made $5 an hour. But I babysat like 7-8 hours a week, so I made some pretty good money.

Also in 8th grade... my friend and I started up a catering-type business around the holidays. Big dinner parties were HUGE where I used to live in CT (rich people :rolleyes: :lol: ), so we advertised would help get rooms ready, serve, wash dishes, etc. We made $80 each one night!

Existentialist said:
Wow! $20 an hour! In 8th grade, i babysat these two bratty girls who lived near me, and I made $5 an hour. But I babysat like 7-8 hours a week, so I made some pretty good money.

Also in 8th grade... my friend and I started up a catering-type business around the holidays. Big dinner parties were HUGE where I used to live in CT (rich people :rolleyes: :lol: ), so we advertised would help get rooms ready, serve, wash dishes, etc. We made $80 each one night!
dude
wow.gif
that's a lot in one night!

and the most i ever got for babysitting was 8 dollars but that was only one night and i split it with my friend. when i was regularly babysitting, i'd get 5 dollars. :o_O:

for my current job, i get 7 dollars an hour... but after all the tax and blah this and that it's only about 6.50 :blink:

Back