Work

That's not bad, Nance! I started out at Walgreens making 6.25 an hour... and I worked there for over a year and got it up to 7.10... but then I left for a year to go to college, and when I came back, they would only pay me 6.70! Even though I knew more than everyone else who worked there (seriously, the assistant managers would ask me about stuff)! However... at Hallmark, I only made 5.75. :lol: But that's okay, 'cause there was like no work to do there.

no one will hire me because i'm only 14, but i have connections for the programs at barns and noble :smiley:

i also clean this old lady's house and get like 80$ a month.

and like you leah, i get 20$ for lunch every week and i only spend 1$ a day (but my parents don't have to know that) :lol:

i don't get an allowance and i refuse to babysit. i hate little kids. they drive me insane.

i'm only 14, so until i'm 16, no one will hire me...but sometimes i'll work at my dad's office, shreading confindential papers, filing, stuffing enevlopes...that sort of thing. its really easy, but i only get maybe $30. i dont get an allowance at all!

I worked at my dad's office a few times when I was 13 or 14... yeah. No pay. Lots of stuffing envelopes.

I used to babysit for family friends. One couple had 2 boys... one my brother's age, and a really cute little boy who was like 5 years younger. I loved watching them. We'd just watch a movie, or play a game. The younger boy would sometimes have hissy fits, but nothing bad. And I'd make like $40 a night. Good stuff. ^_^

Alias_Girl_624 said:
no one will hire me because i'm only 14, but i have connections for the programs at barns and noble :smiley:

and like you leah, i get 20$ for lunch every week and i only spend 1$ a day (but my parents don't have to know that) :lol:

i don't get an allowance and i refuse to babysit. i hate little kids. they drive me insane.
How can you only spend $1 a day on food?!?!? wow...i spend at least $1.50 for some pizza, then maybe a cookie which is 75 cents or an ice cream bar for $1...but when it gets hot i'll buy a soda too for $1, and after all this, i'm still hungry! and now, i'm not one of those people who are overweight and eat a ton :D i'm pretty light...i just get hungry -_-

and Mrs. Karie Vartan...:jawdrop: I'll babysit there if you want! That's some good money! Where do you live? A rich area? Or did the lady just not know what she's supposed to pay a babysitter?

VaughnFan13 said:
Alias_Girl_624 said:

How can you only spend $1 a day on food?!?!? wow...i spend at least $1.50 for some pizza, then maybe a cookie which is 75 cents or an ice cream bar for $1...but when it gets hot i'll buy a soda too for $1, and after all this, i'm still hungry! and now, i'm not one of those people who are overweight and eat a ton :D i'm pretty light...i just get hungry -_-
Yeah, I'd spend .75 on a bag of pretzels and another .75 on a can of soda. Usually, I just ate when I got home.

Existentialist said:
VaughnFan13 said:
Alias_Girl_624 said:

Yeah, I'd spend .75 on a bag of pretzels and another .75 on a can of soda. Usually, I just ate when I got home.
lol i get this noodle salad stuff every day and bring a can of plain sparkling water from home. sometimes i get a cookie or candy for $.60 ... so not much. it's pretty cheap unless you get the hot lunch (ie: pizza, spagghetti and meatballs), which is like $3.00 plus a soda and chips... so like $5.

i don't eat much at school, i dont really like eating in front of people. it's weird.

Alias_Girl_624 said:
Existentialist said:
VaughnFan13 said:
Alias_Girl_624 said:

lol i get this noodle salad stuff every day and bring a can of plain sparkling water from home. sometimes i get a cookie or candy for $.60 ... so not much. it's pretty cheap unless you get the hot lunch (ie: pizza, spagghetti and meatballs), which is like $3.00 plus a soda and chips... so like $5.

i don't eat much at school, i dont really like eating in front of people. it's weird.
dont you eat dinner in front of your family? what if you get a date with a guy who wants to take you out to eat?

Lol, this has turned into a thread of what we eat for lunch :P

I work at two stores inside of a mall. One sells video games and ther others sells movies as well as trading cards (like pokemon and yu-gi-oh). I don't make much per hour, but my job does have great benefits. I get to borrow whatever game I want to play and whatever movie I want to watch. Discounts too.

i work 40 hours a week during the summer and winter holidays. During the school semester, I generally work on weekends about 15-25 hours a week.

right now i tutor at an elementary school...i normally don't work more than 15 hours a week...which is a nice break from my summer job :0) i worked as a lifeguard this summer from 12pm to 12:30am!! everyday except monday!

I'm 19 and have never had a job. I get all my money from my parents cause I'm an only child so I get whatever I want. HA, HA, HAAAA, Losers! lol

:lol: Message from a Toronto Cracker :lol:

Back