Write a Play

AJB said:
Hey, just seen this thread for the first time & The Man is interested in lending his invaluable assistance.

I'm a Drama student, you see, so I do this sort of thing everyday. I've adapted works by Anton Checkov & William Shakespeare into contemporary plays, so I reckon I could help you guys on this.

Even if you don't need any more help, can I just suggest New York as the setting? Has so many possibilties.  :D
[post="1238204"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yay, another person!!! And a drama student! I'm so happy!!! Welcome!!! :D
We could use all the help we can get :lol:

falling4stars said:
Finally...another one joins our crew! And I'm sure you will be a wonderful asset to our team.

I love NY!! But aren't a million plays already set in NY? Maybe we could do some exotic island or village or something like that...although NY does have a lot of possibilities!! So whatever...I'm not picky :angelic:

Age-wise...I'm thinking mid-thirties...ya know, the man has a crappy life, not really going any where, no wife, no love, no nada! We don't want him too young, cause this person has some experience...and not too old, cause who would want to watch an old fogy runnin' around killin' people!...but again...I'm not picky ;)
[post="1239462"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't really care where we set it :lol: Maybe we could not say where it is at all! Or is that too cliché?

And I agree with you on the age. Not too old or young.

Hmm, what else do we need to know about this guy :Ponder:

This is going to be so much fun! ^_^

Our guy is handsom...all the women want him, but they just never seem to click with him...and he doesn't have much commitment. He is a psychiatrist...deals with dumb people all the time, so he has access to a large pool of people. He knows people really well too...so he can manipulate and acquire information, anything he wants. But he has a sense of humor...maybe not on purpose, but he is often more funny than he could ever know. So he associates well with everyone, and getting someone into a situation to be murdered isn't hard for him. The hard thing is chosing the ONE. He likes people, but he likes having fun more...And not only is he uncommitted, but he can never make up his mind...making it even harder for him to find the perfect victem. He must be somewhat mentally deranged in order to kill someone, especially for fun, but that is what makes him funny...the contrast between liking people and being smart socially, but really a mad lunatic when it all comes down to it....

Well, I'm winded....you people can tell me what you think....I won't be hurt...I hope... :blink:

I love the character you've created, falling4stars!!!
Okay so his patients are his future victims? Cool...well that would be a good start for some funny convos between them! Hmmm just an idea....but maybe it could be entirely/almost entirely set inside his office...or maybe not...:lol:

Jai

I like the idea of making the crime in the city but what about a boring community that's kinda like where all these rich and perfect people live? You know and they'd all be shocked if the murder ever happened in this play. :eek:

(Is the murder going to happen in the play or is it going to be about how he creates it??)

Like all this guy's nieghbors are perfect in a way and he's sick and tired of it. Lol
Just a thought :D

Thanx Jai!! And I thought a majority of it could be in his office...but also in common places like an ally way, and a coffee shop, and the guys apartment...the places he would usually hang out...*excluding the dark ally :D *

And Cat...I thought about having it in a smaller community, but I felt we'd have more opportunities in a larger one, like a city...and everyone likes a big city murder...the funny thing about ours is our lucky guy never actually gets to commit the murder...but even that is still negotiable...do we want someone to really die?? But we can use the idea that he is "sick and tired" of all of his patients... ;)

Sorry it's taking me forever! Every time I try to post here, something comes up.... :rolleyes: Since I've missed so much, I'll put short answers...

falling4stars said:
Our guy is handsom...all the women want him, but they just never seem to click with him...and he doesn't have much commitment. He is a psychiatrist...deals with dumb people all the time, so he has access to a large pool of people. He knows people really well too...so he can manipulate and acquire information, anything he wants. But he has a sense of humor...maybe not on purpose, but he is often more funny than he could ever know. So he associates well with everyone, and getting someone into a situation to be murdered isn't hard for him. The hard thing is chosing the ONE. He likes people, but he likes having fun more...And not only is he uncommitted, but he can never make up his mind...making it even harder for  him to find the perfect victem. He must be somewhat mentally deranged in order to kill someone, especially for fun, but that is what makes him funny...the contrast between liking people and being smart socially, but really a mad lunatic when it all comes down to it....
[post="1239675"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

(y) I like that!

m<o>j said:
I love the character you've created, falling4stars!!!
Okay so his patients are his future victims? Cool...well that would be a good start for some funny convos between them! Hmmm just an idea....but maybe it could be entirely/almost entirely set inside his office...or maybe not...:lol:
[post="1243767"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, I think a few of the attempts would be in his office

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
I like the idea of making the crime in the city but what about a boring community that's kinda like where all these rich and perfect people live? You know and they'd all be shocked if the murder ever happened in this play. :eek:

(Is the murder going to happen in the play or is it going to be about how he creates it??)
[post="1245317"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think falling4stars answered that one for me....

falling4stars said:
Thanx Jai!! And I thought a majority of it could be in his office...but also in common places like an ally way, and a coffee shop, and the guys apartment...the places he would usually hang out...*excluding the dark ally :D *

And Cat...I thought about having it in a smaller community, but I felt we'd have more  opportunities in a larger one, like a city...and everyone likes a big city murder...the funny thing about ours is our lucky guy never actually gets to commit the murder...but even that is still negotiable...do we want someone to really die?? But we can use the idea that he is "sick and tired" of all of his patients... ;)
[post="1245509"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yes, let's exclued the "dark alleys" :lol:
Unless we could make it absolutely hilarious.... :lol:

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
Well if it's going to be in a big city definately New York for me  ^_^
[post="1245843"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

(y) New York!!! Cool!

Okay, so how should the play start?

Yay!! Facade is back!! Well...I was thinking it could open to our Guy (who we need a name for) in his office, talking to one of his patients...maybe an old, grieving grandmother...ya know, establish his job, what he has to deal with everyday, and we could throw in some really funny felgercarb... :blink: Any other ideas!? :D

His name could be Guy. Lol Kidding

Uh... I think we need at least one semi-normal patient and the rest could be all screwed up in different ways lol :P But really dont care what his name is

What an interesting idea...Guy Kidding!! Well, we'll work on that one...Yes!! All of his patients will have there own little corks, except for THE ONE! Good idea Cat! (y) What gender should the perfect one be? And what significant role will they play in the play!

Maybe THE ONE could be the person he decides to murder? I cant really come up with a reason why he'd kill that one but maybe...

I'm not sure about the gender. But according to Desperate Housewives coughBreecough girls tend to want to be perfect. But we could flip flop it and make a man the perfect one.

Haha!!! I'm sure there's a guy out there somewhere who is PERFECT!!...they are just too busy being perfect to come out in the open with all of us imperfect people...

And since there seems to be such an increasing want for the perfect one to be a Guy...I have no problem with that one!!! So do we agree on our main guy being named Guy?? And we still need a last name... So, do we have any objections?? :thinking:

Oh...was THE ONE...not the one he murders...? I was under the assumption (Assume Nothing, Jack Bristow...:P) that he was...:thinking:

Urrmm...these are names that mean something along the line of THE ONE:
HAO Good, Perfect Vietnamese 
KAMAL The Perfect One Hindi 
KAMIL Perfect Arabic 

Jai

Erm...now I'm confused!! :blush: Ok...I was under the impression that this Guy dude was our main character...and the Perfect One was the patient of his (Guy) that really didn't have any problems unlike all of the other patients...

So if anyone really KNOWS, then please...enlighten us!!

Back