Write a Play

:lol: Okay, here's what I thought y'all are saying about the characters:

The guy is the main character who attempts to kill people to liven up his life. I think the name "Guy" would be appropriate, since he's supposed to be this boring preson. And it would add to the humor :lol: BUT, by doctor, I assumed you meant medical doctor. Are we talking about a shrink??? 'Cause that would be okay with me if we were....

THE ONE is the person who has the least problems. I cast my vote for woman, because, umm....maybe they get married at the end! :lol: kidding! It doesn't matter if it's a man or woman....let's decide quickly though...
And I also thought it was implied that this person was the one that was not going to be a target of murder....

Anyways, what do y'all think?

Oh! I was saying THE ONE could be the person he murders (I still cant think of an idea as to why he would though). But it doens't matter. It could go either way :P

Ya. I think Falling was saying how the main character could be a shrink. I'm fine with the name Guy to.

Okay....yippy! We are all on the same page now! And I'm fine too with the One being a girl...and maybe she's a patient of his cause she really likes him and is just trying to get him to notice her. And yes...our guy is a shrink...makes it more funny...I hope! :woot:

Cool! so everyone's okay with The One being a woman?

Okay, so how would we start the play? Should we start with an interview with one of his patients?

Umm, we need a name for The One. We also need last names for the characters. Maybe Guy's last name could be Bogrin. (the letters of "boring" mixed around :lol:smiley: And whatever we name The One, I think the last name should be one of the names Jai listed (Hao, Kamal, Kamil), or maybe a variation.

We also need ideas of ways Guy could try to murder people, and ways he could be stopped.

Arrrgghh! So many things to do! :lol:

Got it. I like the idea of his last name being Bogrin. And do you think "Hao" is Chinese and Kamal and Kamil are middle eastern? Because if they have a last name that's from a different country they should probably have a first name from the same country.

Okay....ahhh...lol...this is hilariously confusing and fun at the same time!!!

So should we think of funny ways for him to try and kill people...or serios ones?

Yeah, an interview sounds like a cool way to start...shall it be pure conversation...or will the characters or just our Guy have asides and stuff?
Guy Bogrin...what a cool idea! But do you think it's obvious? 'Ogbrin' would be more subtle...bu then again I didn't notice until you said...so maybe I'm wrong...:lol:

Jai

Ok. I couldn't find Hao but I did find Hai which is Chinese. It means Sea.

Kamal is Arabic but can also be Indian. In Arabic it also means Perfection. Kamal would be perfect since THE ONE is perfect. In India it also means Red.

Kamil is Arabic but can also be from Czechislovakia (however you spell it xP), Poland or Slovakia. In Arabic it means Perfect and in the other ones it doesnt have a meaning.

So I think THE ONE's last name should either be Kamil or Kamal and if it's a girl she could Arabic if we wanted her to.

I could read your sig forever Cat!

Okay..so even if we don't have her as Arabic..we could still have her surname as Kamil/Kamal I guess?

It depends. I mean do we want it to be a serious play, a humorous play, or a little of both??

I think it's both.....:thinking:

Jai :rain:

Arabic Names

1. Aisha Oooh. I always loved this name. I just never knew it was Arabic. It means 'alive'

2. Alia or Alya It means 'sublime' or 'lofty' I had to look those words up in the dictionary Lol Sublime and Lofty mean "Grand"

3. Amani which means 'wishes'

4. Amira which is the feminine version of Amir. Amir means Prince so I guess Amira could mean 'Princess' but I'm not sure

5. Dema or Dima which mean 'Downpour'

6. Jessenia the meaning's unknown

Those arent even half of them. There's three whole pages. If you want to go to the website and look them go to Names and click on Arabic Names. By the way those are all girl names.

I love having a long siggy :lol:

Her name doesnt have to be Arabic but I think if she's going to be Arabic she should at least have a Middle Eastern Name. Like it could be a name from India or Iraq and so on and so forth

I think we should have a mix of both. Because when I watch completly serious movies or plays with not even a little humor in it I get bored :asleep:

I was looking up the name Irina and it means 'Peace'. Wierd. I wouldnt exactly say Irina is peaceful but I guess in a way she is :confused:

My names wierd. It's Caitlin but it keeps taking me to Katherine.

KATHERINE
Usage: English
From the Greek name Aikaterine. The etymology is debated: it could derive from the earlier Greek name Hekaterine, which came from hekateros "each of the two"; it could derive from the name of the goddess HECATE; it could be related to Greek aikia "torture"; or it could be from a Coptic name meaning "my consecration of your name". The Romans falsely derived it from Greek katharos "pure" and changed their spelling from Katerina to Katharina to reflect this. The name belonged to a 4th-century saint and martyr from Alexandria who was tortured on the famous Catherine wheel. This name was also borne by two empresses of Russia, including Catherine the Great, and by three of Henry VIII's wives.

It's got all these differnt meanings depending on where it came from :rolleyes:

That's my cousins name...except it has an accent over the a and the i, so it's pronounced 'Cotlin'.
Got this from www.babynames.com

CAITLIN
Meaning: Virginal Beauty
Origin: Celtic/Gaelic  
From the names KATHERINE and LINDA.

I like Alia, Alya and Aisha...👍

Hey! You have 47 posts...:P

Jai

Yeah. My name's annoying when I'm looking up the meaning. Every website has something different. Most of them say 'pure' or 'virginial' but some just get wierd.

I just figured out that Nadia is Arabic. It means 'the first' I love that name to

I've never seen Caitlin with an accent over the a. I've only seen it over the i.

At least your name wasn't a boy's name :lol:...Joyce...everyone holds me to the fact that it was a boys name in like the 18th century...:lol:

It's Spanish...so maybe my aunt just spelt it wrong and it stuck....hmmm...I dunno :P

Jai :rain:

Haha...excellent progress on...uh...names there you guys!!! I really got confused with all of it actually, so I'll leave the One's name up to you two...since you obviously understand each other... And the murders were going to be funny...our lovely little twist on a murder story.

And I think the play should start out with Guy interviewing a patient... ^_^

Hey, you know what....I actually like Ogbrin better! :lol: It has a better ring to it... Guy Ogbrin!

About The One, I think Aicha would be the best! Maybe it's just because I have that song stuck in my head.... *Comme si je n'existe pas...Elle est passée à côté de moi* :whistle:

Aicha Kamal....does that sound good?

Back