You're Joking, Right?

Aww...since they like to talk soo much...maybe he should talk to her about the fact that HE ISN'T REALLY GAY!! :D
-Great update!! Loved it!!

Lol, my throat hurts, I think it was from the Panclogs (=pancakes) that we tried to make chocolate but it really had M&M's in place of the chocolate. Lol.

Umm... yeah, Knitting. wow. My Aunt knits... well my great aunt, she's awesome though. We have like three blankets, they're so radical.

-Wow...:beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

That was great ... Michael is a compleate idiot ... that was the perfect time to tell her when they were knitting ... but no he has to dig himself deeper into the hole ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

awww !!!! they are so cute together . i wonder what´s going to happen when syd finds out the truth. I also wonder when she´s going to find out the truth and how she will take the news :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: ,

Nanda

Chapter 9
As the end of November approached, Sydney began to think more and more about Michael’s birthday. It was going to be his thirtieth so she wanted to do something special. Briefly, she thought about throwing him a surprise party, but then she realized she didn’t really know many of his friends and a birthday party without his friends wouldn’t really work, so that idea was gone. While trying to think up another idea, Sydney received a call from Michael’s friend Eric, who Sydney had heard Michael mention on various occasions. As it turned out, Eric was throwing Michael a surprise party (though he confessed to Sydney he was fairly sure Michael already knew about the party due to the fact that he wasn’t the world’s best secret keeper). Sydney agreed to go and even offered to help, but Eric assured her it wasn’t necessary since he had everything under control.

The party was being held at Eric’s apartment and when Sydney arrived there on the evening of the party (which was a week and a half before Michael’s actual birthday), she found it already packed with people.

“Hey, are you Sydney?” a tall but stocky man with a black goatee asked as he approached her.

“Eric?” she asked, recognizing his voice from their phone conversation.

“Yeah,” he smiled and extended his hand. “Nice to finally meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too. Is Michael here yet?” she asked.

“Nope, he should be here in about ten minutes though. Why don’t you grab a drink,” he pointed towards the large tub of ice with beer and sodas in it across the room.

“Thanks,” she smiled. She grabbed a Coke from the tub and began walking slowly around Eric’s apartment, observing her surroundings as she went. Eric’s place was very minimally furnished. There was an old beat up sofa in front of a very large screen TV, which was quite obviously his prized possession due to the way it was displayed and the fact that it had a ‘touch the TV and die’ sign atop it. CDs and DVDs were stacked in tiny piles along the wall of his apartment along with a giant box of Sports Illustrated magazines, but other than that, there really wasn’t much else there.

During her observation process, Sydney noticed that the men at the party vastly out numbered the women. In fact, she had only seen one other woman, which made her feel slightly uncomfortable for a moment, until she came to a pleasant realization. Chances are, most of the men, or at least some of them, would be gay since they were Michael’s friends. Meaning, they wouldn’t be hitting on her. Suddenly, she was much more relaxed.

It was only a few more minutes before the door burst open and, upon seeing Michael, the crowd let out a loud cheer of “Happy Birthday!” Michael managed to feign shock, thought it was obvious that he wasn’t surprised at all, before walking around and greeting the party attendees.

“Syd! Hey!” he greeted her with a warm hug. “Did Eric steal your number from my phone?”

“He must have,” she laughed. “Happy Birthday.”

“Thanks, I’m really glad you’re here,” he said. Before he could speak another word, Eric came up behind him and locked an arm around his neck. “Eric,” Michael coughed in annoyance when his friend nearly choked him.

“Sorry, sorry,” Eric said as he released Michael from his grasp. “I just came to see how you two were doin’… oh and just so you know,” Eric said to Sydney. “I’m not gay so if you ever wanna,” he winked, “call me.” Then, he walked away.

Sydney groaned. “Do you think he has any rum to put in this Coke?”

“Probably, but Syd, I’m so sorry. Eric’s a jackass; just ignore him,” Michael said while feeling awful and wishing he could go over and kick Eric’s ass.

“It’s okay,” she sighed. “Go. Mingle. I’ll be fine.”

He hesitated leaving her, but she waved him away so he smiled at her softly before walking off towards a friend he hadn’t seen since medical school.

An hour and a half later, some of the guests were beginning to leave, so Michael had a free moment to go in search of Sydney. Though Eric’s apartment wasn’t large, Michael kept losing track of her. He saw her across the room a few times talking to a guy or two who Michael knew Sydney wouldn’t appreciate talking to, but before he could get over to save her, he was intercepted by a guest greeting him with birthday wishes.

After looking for a few minutes, he found her seated on the floor next to Eric’s big screen TV flipping through a magazine. He crouched down on the floor and asked, “Syd, whatcha doin’?”

She looked up at him, her eyes heavy, and smiled a goofy smile. “Hiiii Michael,” she slurred.

“Great,” he groaned at her obviously drunk behavior. He reached for the cup in her hand and pulled it away, much to her protest. “Give me the drink, Syd,” he coaxed.

“No,” she whined.

“Yes, come on… good girl,” he said once she released the cup. “What were you drinking.”

“Rummmm ‘t’s good,” she laughed.

“Uh huh, well how about we try to stand up, okay?” he asked her as he took the magazine from her lap and tossed it into a nearby pile. He grabbed both of her hands and hoisted her up to her feet. She stumbled slightly, but then was able to stand on her own. “You okay?”

“Ya, ’mokay,” she said quickly, slurring her words together.

“Good, I’m going to get you some water. Stay right here, okay?” he asked her. She nodded and waved him off in a sloppy manor. Quickly, Michael went over to the large tub of ice and fished through the mostly melted ice-water for a bottle of water. He found one, but on his way back to Sydney he smacked Eric on the back of his head, then ignored his complaints and shouted obscenities.

“Here you go Syd,” Michael said, handing her the bottle. She took it, tried to open it, failed miserably and burst out laughing. He grumbled, opened the bottle for her and then handed it back.

“Water’s so funny,” she laughed while wiping the stray water that had dribbled down her chin.

“Hilarious,” Michael rolled his eyes.

“What time ’sit?” Sydney asked.

“Um… almost ten,” Michael said when he glanced at his watch.

“Oh… I gotta go,” she said, but she only made it about three steps forward before her knees buckled and she began to collapse down on the floor. Michael caught her around the waist and hoisted her back up.

“Good lord, how much did you drink?” he grumbled as he helped her to a nearby chair.

“Dunno…,” she mumbled.

“Okay, just sit here,” he told her. Then he walked away, looking back over his shoulder twice to check on her, before finding Eric.

“DUDE! What is with the hitting?!” Eric grumbled after Michael hit him again.

“What did you give Sydney to drink?” Michael hissed at him.

“Um… some rum, with a little coke,” he laughed. Michael hit him again. “HEY!”

“She’s completely wasted now, thanks to you,” Michael grumbled.

“Oh no, did she throw up on my TV?!” Eric asked in horror.

“No, you jackass. I’m going to take her home,” Michael told him. He grabbed his jacket and went back to where he had left Sydney, but to his horror, she wasn’t there. “felgercarb,” he swore under his breath as he began searching for her. He noticed the door to Eric’s apartment standing wide open. He rushed towards it only to find Sydney about to step, or rather stumble, into an elevator.

“Syd! Sydney!” he called after her as he ran full force towards the elevator’s shutting doors. He managed to slip inside before they closed.

“What you doin’?” she asked as she leaned against the side of the elevator car.

“You’re not driving home,” he told her firmly.

“I’m fine - whoa!” she gasped as she pitched forward when the elevator stopped suddenly on the floor below Eric’s. Michael caught her and pulled her off the elevator with him. “Where we goin’?” she asked.

“My apartment. You can stay with me tonight,” he told her with a sigh.

“Noooo, can’t do that,” she told him. She tried to squirm out of his grasp to get back to the elevator, but he wouldn’t let her.

“Nope, I insist,” he said. He managed to half drag - half carry her down the hall and unlock his apartment door. Upon stepping inside, she promptly fell over and burst out laughing. “Oh god, are you okay?” Michael asked as he dragged her up from the ground.

“I’m great,” she grinned. She then shrugged off her jacket and tossed it on the back of his couch. “Cool apartment… it’s not very gay…”

“Thanks,” he grumbled. “Why don’t you drink another glass of water and go to bed, hmm?”

“Okaaaaaay,” she sighed, kicking off her shoes and letting them skid across the floor. Michael picked them up before following her into the kitchen and getting her a glass of water. She drank a few gulps of it before she began to sway. “I feel dizzy…”

“Okay,” Michael sighed as he put an arm around her waist and helped her into his bedroom.

“Can I ask ‘ou somethin’?” she slurred when he set her down on the bed.

“Yeah,” he said before walking over to his closet and grabbing clothes to wear to sleep in.

“Have ‘ou ever had sex with a woman?” she asked, curiosity evident in her voice.

Michael shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath before saying quietly, “Yes.”

“Oh… was it bad?” she asked.

He sighed and turned towards her. “Syd, I really don’t think-”

“Okay, okay, okay,” she cut him off by waving her arms wildly. “Another question – would you have sex with me?”

“What?!” Michael gasped as his heart rate soared. He stared at her for a solid minute in utter silence trying to formulate a way out of that loaded question. Finally, he sighed, walked towards her and pulled back the covers to his bed. “You need to go to sleep so you can sober up, okay? I’ll be out there on the couch if you need me.”

She sighed sadly and slid under the covers. “It’s ‘cause I’m ugly, isn’t it?”

“Sydney, you’re beautiful, but you’re also very, very drunk. The bathroom is right there if you need it. Now goodnight.”

“Fine,” she grumbled. Since he was standing over her, Sydney leaned up and tried to kiss him with her lips puckered dramatically. Though it was difficult, Michael backed away. Sydney huffed and slammed her face down into the pillow. Michael made sure she was settled before going out to the couch to count the number of reasons why he loathed himself.

Syd drunk is absolutely hilarious! You would think Michael having all straight friends would start to clue Syd into maybe thinking that he isn't gay, but I guess any thinking was stopped with the rum.
Great update

awww that was funny!! syd funny when she drunk 😆 but that sucks for vaughn cause u know he really likes her :P
<3
syd

I can't wait until she wakes up in the morning. Wonder if she'll remember what she said. hahah. Great chapter. Syd is hilarious when she's drunk. haha.

Back