Beginning again

🐟 :P
yeah right NOT same stuff! :eyebrow:
you're worse than me :mellow:

write? :Ponder: yeah I'm gonna write all day long...7 hours of lesson at uni! :jump: yahoo! :ermm:
yeah... :rolleyes:

:cry: you're such a bad maiLLLLL twuck dwiver

i may just have to steal it off you *evil smile*

sci... 7 hours? oh holey shamoley i feel your pain :console:

😆 I was sooooo cool! gosh I'm in luv with uni!!! :woot:
nono no kidding, I'm not high or drunk or whatever :rolleyes:
I luuuuuv my yummy teach who can say 319 times 'err' in one hour (yes impressive, hu? :blink: )
and I luuuv my hippie teach and my uni buddies and and *happysigh* yeah :sigh:
I just need a good shower now cos I ran :ermm: :P

hey Sci

go to the Vartan Ho and see the new pics of the finale. Girl, it's gonna be good.

I feel your pain about writing. I'm in the same boat.

Good luck at the University and hope you update again soon. Well, you know what I mean.

CJ

Hey just read the whole thing on Allies but had to come here to tell you that I think that this fic rocks! I had so many other things to do in the past hour or so that it has taken me but I could not stop reading this thing! Such a good story. Do you think you could send me a pm when you next update? I really dont want to miss the next installment. Really want to see what is going on in the CIA now and also what Dixon wants to talk to Syd about? Oh and whether they have tracked down Lauren. So much left to see.

Love it. You are great!

sarkattack said:
hey Sci

go to the Vartan Ho and see the new pics of the finale. Girl, it's gonna be good.

I feel your pain about writing. I'm in the same boat.

Good luck at the University and hope you update again soon. Well, you know what I mean.
CJ
[post="1339036"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Heya! :woot: :hi:
yeah I saw them :P lol :thud:
na I didn't write that much at uni actually...just drooled over the teach :blush2:

gregstar said:
Hey just read the whole thing on Allies but had to come here to tell you that I think that this fic rocks!  I had so many other things to do in the past hour or so that it has taken me but I could not stop reading this thing!  Such a good story.  Do you think you could send me a pm when you next update?  I really dont want to miss the next installment.  Really want to see what is going on in the CIA now and also what Dixon wants to talk to Syd about?  Oh and whether they have tracked down Lauren.  So much left to see.

Love it.  You are great!
[post="1339210"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Heya! :hi:
:mixed: wo-a-ow you read it all? :thud: without dying bored? :confused: wow 😆
lol yeah sure you'll get a pm (y) thank you so much for your kind words I'm all :blush: lol
Haa you'll see what Dixon wants..I might write a bit this afternoon :Ponder: dunno..
but yeah I'll try to post soon..try :thinking:
thank you again! :hug:

Sci :watsup:

I am... *counts the days* 8 days late! I think that's probably got to be a record for this fic... :woot: *hi fives myself* Great job, Cai... :rolleyes:

Anywho... Does Clammy's net work yet? *prod* Clammy?

I wubbed the chappy though! It was super-diddly-uper! :woot: And what's more, Syd and Vaughn are moving in with each other! AHHH!! This is too good to be true!! Though I can't help but suspect Clammy's got another thing up her sleeve... Maybe it's got something to do with ol' Dixxie calling Syd up to come into workie? :eyebrow: Clammy...

Awesome chap though! Does the next one come any time soon? ;)

Cai
x

*looks around* someone called me? :angelic:
ok to be honnest I still didn't write the next chap, so everything can change...for what we know it could be a surprise party?! :P
Cai what does this fork in channel 7's butt? :blink:
I thought you got Alias :confused:
*slowly backs away* ok keep this fork away from me...

*waves* :hi:
Lauren-the-awesome worked today :blink: cookie will you stop :poke: -ing poople
we are not slaves! :eyebrow: :makefun:
soooo yeah I wrote :blink: uh uh....need to keep writting though :thinking: not sure I'll have lotta time cos sci gotta do a lotta stuff :ermm: ooh well
So just a huuuuuudge enormous hugwie to Laur for working that quick :hug: :smooch: and a *glare* at cookie for :poke: poople :eyebrow:
Okay okay I shush now! :rolleyes:

Vaughn and I quickly unpack my bag before we reach his car and head to the rotunda. We are both silent, lost in our thoughts. What’s going on now? Are we going to have to go on another mission? I know I can go but I’m still not totally healed, and now Vaughn has his wrist in a cast.

Hopefully, there won't be a lot of people on the roads. Still, the silence becomes understandable.

“So what do you think it is?” I ask looking at Vaughn.

“I don’t know. Dixon didn’t tell you or something?”

“No, he just said he needed us there ASAP.” Vaughn nods and stays focused on the road. As I observe him, I notice the wrinkles are more than obvious on his forehead.

“What do you think it could be about?” He doesn’t reply, but he doesn’t have to. We’re both scared of the same thing: Lauren. We know that she is pregnant, so what now? What could be worse?

“We’ll find out soon enough, you don’t have to over-analyze it, it’s not good.” I look at Vaughn surprised.

“And this is not what you’re doing right now? You’re not thinking about it?”

“Of course I am!”

“Then what? Why shouldn’t I do what you’re doing right now?” he remains silent and doesn’t even glance at me. I turn my head to look though the window, the empty streets suddenly become very interesting.

I hate when he does that. When he just closes himself off from me, thinking he can let the world’s weight rest on his shoulders alone.

We finally arrive at the headquarters and I take a look at him. He looks straight ahead of him, not acknowledging me. I sigh and follow him in the elevator. Finally just before we reach the main level, he grabs my hand and squeezes it gently. I return the gesture and he quickly smiles at me before the doors open.

When we walk out of the elevator I let go of his hand and we’re greeted by Dixon. He has this look on his face, the one I rarely see, when he has really bad news to tell us.

“Sydney; Vaughn. Everyone’s waiting for you in the conference room.” We follow him and I look worriedly at Vaughn who tries to reassure me with one of his magic smiles.

We take our seats around the table and everybody is focused on Kendall, who is standing in front of us. He doesn’t waste time and he starts to explain the reason for the debrief.

“A few days ago the CIA received a new Intel on Lauren Reed, known to be an agent of the Covenant but also as the mole at the NSA. She is reportedly pregnant, and we have confirmation of this Intel.” I look quickly at Vaughn, who is focused on a spot on the table in front of him. But his tapping feet on the ground tells me that he’s all but calm right now.

“Two agents were sent in order to investigate further on this information as soon as we acknowledged it.” Vaughn suddenly looks up at Kendall.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” he asks angrily.

“As usual, Agent Vaughn, the CIA protocol is to wait for new Intel to be gathered before debriefing what we learned. This is the aim of this debrief.”

“I should have been part of the team!” he hits the table with his hand as he finishes speaking.

“Agent Vaughn, may I need to remind you that you were off of work for a few days for medical reasons? Also I rather keep you available for valuable missions, instead or irrelevant ones. Now if you have a problem with that, I’ll gladly discuss this with you once this debrief is over.” Vaughn sighs, irritated, and leans back on his
chair, returning to the spot on the table.

“As I was sating before Agent Vaughn interrupted us, the CIA sent two agents looking further into this information. They broke into the doctor’s office and found blood samples as well as several tests results.” I feel Vaughn tensing, and Kendall eyes him before going on. “It appears that Lauren Reed is effectively pregnant since nine weeks ago. As well, according to some DNA tests, Agent Vaughn seems to be the father.”

Vaughn leans on the table and sits up straight.

“How come is it possible? She told me she couldn’t have children. So why is she pregnant?” Kendall nods to another agent sitting at the table. He seems in his middle 60’s, gray and white hair joining light stubble. All the looks fall on him as he opens a folder in front of him.

“I have here Miss Reed’s medical file. According to the latest tests made five months ago, I highly doubt that it has changed.” Vaughn sighs once more and leans back on his seat exasperated.

“However,” the doctor continues, “there are currently experiments running. They’ve never been tried on human’s body, but the NSC as well as the CIA has clearance to study the files.” he looks at Kendall, who is eyeing Vaughn. Vaughn shook his head and looked down.

“From now on and until I give you new orders, all of the agents here will work in order to arrest Lauren Reed. Not only is she accused of treason, but also of espionage, given she stole information and used it for personal purposes. Agent Vaughn and Agent Bristow here will lead the team. You are all under their authority until further orders. This meeting is dismissed.” Everyone leaves the room except Vaughn and I. Once we’re finally alone I turn my chair so I’m facing him.

“Are you okay?” I ask tentatively.

“Yeah, I’m great.” he answers sarcastically. Great Bristow, go on and piss him off even more

“ I’m so-”

“ Don’t.” he snaps his head toward me and I see in his eyes what he doesn’t tell me. He’s blaming himself for what’s happening.

“Don’t say you’re sorry, because you shouldn’t be. It’s not your fault, and I don’t want you to pity me.”

“That’s not what I’m doing, Vaughn. I want to be here for you, that’s all. You need someone to talk to, someone to lean on. If you keep it all to yourself, you'll go mad.” he nods and sighs before looking up at me, a soft smile playing on his lips.

“You’re amazing, you know that?” I smile and blush, looking down. He lifts my chin and gives me a sweet, loving kiss on the lips, before resting his forehead against mine.

“I can never thank you enough, Syd. For all you do for me, your amazing patience, your caring and-”

“Vaughn, you don’t need to thank me. It’s normal for me to help, I want to. Besides you’ve helped me enough in the past, now it’s my turn.”

“Oh, so now it’s only about repay, huh?” he asks teasingly.

“Yeah I don't like debts.” he leans on me and kisses me and I wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. We break apart breathless, both of us grinning like fools.

“As much as I’d love to keep doing that, we have work to do.” I nod and steal one last kiss before going back to my desk, looking for any clue the CIA could have missed in Lauren’s files. After one hour or so I look up at Vaughn, who’s still sitting at his desk, concentrating on a paper in front of him.

That’s when it hits me. I love him. I’ve always do, and it’ll never cease. I’ve loved him for years, and not only my feelings for him keep burning more than ever in my heart, but I love him more and more each day. That’s why I’ll never let him down, no matter what. I’ll always be by his side. He can cry, yell at me, hug me tight or push me as far as he can, I’ll always be by his side. And I now realize that the feeling deep inside of me is what keeps me going everyday. It keeps me fighting, fighting for us. Because I want us; because I love us; and because I need us.

After about 5 more hours of researching, my stomach growls, and I eventually take my mind off of work for grabbing lunch. I ask Vaughn if he wants to come with me, but I kind of forced him to come, seeing how he reluctantly closed the folder and stood up. We both need to keep up our strength for the coming days, and we won’t get anything done with an empty stomach.

We choose to go into town to one of our favorite place. It’s calm, surrounded by grass and trees, and we can eat outside. This is exactly what we need right now to take our minds off of work for a little while.

As we both sit quietly at our table waiting for our meal to arrive, I observe Vaughn, who obviously is avoiding my gaze.

“Vaughn?” he finally looks at me, his expression unreadable.

“Vaughn, talk to me. I hate it when you’re quiet like that. You’re scaring me.” he sighs and brings his hands from his lap to the table.

“She used me.” he looks down and plays with the napkin. “She used me. I thought it was a marriage of love, that we understood each other. But I was wrong. How could have been so blind?” he shakes his head and I can tell tears are forming in his eyes.

“Vaughn... Michael.” the use of his given name makes him look back at me, and I know I have his full attention. “None of this is your fault. You’ve done nothing wrong. Don’t blame yourself for something you have no power over. No one blames you for marrying Lauren. It’s not your fault Vaughn, so please, for me, stop thinking you’ve done something wrong because you haven't. And truth be told, I would have done the same thing.”

“What, marrying Lauren?” he asks teasingly and we both smile.

“Look, we all make mistakes, I have made mistakes, you have made mistakes, but we have learned from them, we have to build ourselves on them. If you don’t get past them, your life is going to be hell; full of remorse and regrets. And we both know you don’t want that.” He observes me for a moment before opening his mouth, but I speak before him.

“I don’t regret a single thing, a single moment of my life. It’s why we are here, now, together. I wouldn’t change a single thing because it opened my eyes. Now I know that I can never take anything for granted, and that makes me enjoy every moment with you more than ever. So please don’t regret your past, because that would mean you regret the present. And I don’t want you to.”

He smiles at me through his wet eyes, a smile full of love.

“I promise you Syd, I promise you I won’t regret anything anymore. But sometimes I just can’t help but feel guilty about what’s happening. I know, you’ll say it’s not my fault, but still...,” he takes a deep breath and goes on “there are things that are my own fault.” I look at him confused. What does he mean there are things that are his own fault? I don’t have the time to ask him because the waiter comes back with our meals and a bottle of water.

We start to eat quietly, and I enjoy our surroundings more than ever. Birds are around us singing, a soft breeze is caressing our faces, and the sun slowly heats the city. Eventually after a delicious meal we’re eating some dessert, and Vaughn is back in the work mode.

“So did you find anything on Lauren yet?” I shake my head.

“Not really. I have some pieces of information I need to study more before guessing anything. You?” he shakes his head and takes one more bite of his strawberry pie.

“I don’t know why but...I have this feeling, like something big is gonna happen. You see what I mean?” Vaughn looks at me and slowly nods, looking down at his spoon.

“I feel it too. I don’t know what that means, but I’m starting to get scared. I don’t why but I think this whole pregnancy thing is hiding something bigger. I can’t put a finger on it but...” he trails off and I can only nod. I know too well what he’s saying. I rarely had this feeling before. I follow my instinct a lot in this job, but this feeling, fear, mixed with excitement and wonder, makes me thing we only see the top of the iceberg.

Sci :watsup:

Loved it!!!!!!

You know that too, but thats not exactly the point.

Fluff and angst. How wonderful :D :D

Sci is capable of writing fluff. Who would have thunk? < thunk is an awesome word, even if its not a word.

I'll :poke: Sci to write more that I can beta!!!!!!! hahaha.. I'm all caught up now *proud*

LaurenRachael said:
Loved it!!!!!!

You know that too, but thats not exactly the point.

Fluff and angst. How wonderful :D :D

Sci is capable of writing fluff. Who would have thunk? < thunk is an awesome word, even if its not a word.

I'll :poke: Sci to write more that I can beta!!!!!!! hahaha.. I'm all caught up now *proud*
[post="1359971"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:rolleyes: Ima not capable 🇳🇴 dat sux :ermm:
:eek: you dare poke me? :shocked:
:eyebrow: then I'll 🐟 ya, na :P

texasalias2004 said:
I can't wait for the update.  Please update again soon.
texasalias
[post="1359975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol thankies! :smiley:

[quote name='i'm an aliasaholic' date='May 29 2005, 12:41 AM']well you got my reaction as i read! and you know how long it took me to read- no thanks to you!!!

:D

thanks for the pm
[post="1360196"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

:shock: okies so I'll shush next time :blink:
but
hey who came say hi first again? :P

Back